[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how long till i can be at a professional level??
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3
File: doodleedoo.jpg (75 KB, 820x973) Image search: [Google]
doodleedoo.jpg
75 KB, 820x973
i've been drawing about a year and a half now and i'm just curious, do you think i have a chance to go pro in the next few years?

I'd love to do art for MTG
>>
according to your xp bar, i'd say 6-7 years

good thing skill is a concrete measurement
>>
>>2496188
A lot can happen in the next few years op, at the moment though it's not looking very good. Perspective and anatomy wise it's super messy. Don't forget your basics and learn them properly.
>>
I spent the last 15 minutes writing a long winded statement about motivations being in the right place and having a job as a main goal being mis-guided but fuck man I dunno, we're all different, who am I to say what you should or shouldn't strive toward?

Anyway, you've got a long way to go. Honestly about 8 years at the least if you work hard at it. You might be at the point where you haven't yet discovered how much there is to learn to become a "good" artist so that may seem like a long time but trust me, there's a lot to learn and a lot for you to figure out about yourself and your art. From my own personal experience I can confirm this and i think I'm what you'd call a "good" artist, If you were to look through my gallery my art from 8 years ago looks about on par with what you've provided.

So I would say don't worry about striving toward a job at the moment, don't even think about it. Focus on improving and finding enjoyment in that process. If you don't enjoy the process of learning and drawing for your own satisfaction you won't want to stick with it. Beyond that, you just have to keep going.

One piece of advice that always helped me is that with every picture you do, every single one, you need to challenge yourself. Strive for a ratio of 60% what you think you're comfortable with and 40% things you find very challenging. IF you feel like you fucked up that 40%, try it again with different subject matter etc. If you fuck up again, move on to something else for the time being and come back to the other later.
>>
>>2496207
Link to your art?
>>
>>2496188

3-4 years
>>
File: 0800.jpg (45 KB, 474x581) Image search: [Google]
0800.jpg
45 KB, 474x581
>>2496188
almost god like
3-4 months
>>
File: 1460462518344.jpg (47 KB, 720x439) Image search: [Google]
1460462518344.jpg
47 KB, 720x439
>>2496352
>>
Learn to actually draw faces instead of drawing half of one and mirroring it. It's obvious. Faces with strong symmetry are attractive, faces with perfect symmetry are fucking weird.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.