[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some of the best resources to learn about the history of art?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: Turner, Slave Ship.jpg (454 KB, 2152x1616) Image search: [Google]
Turner, Slave Ship.jpg
454 KB, 2152x1616
What are some of the best resources to learn about the history of art?
>>
Wikipedia and google
>>
>>2487278
awfull. no just no. dont go to cuckpedia for anything. its become a biased hellhole for past 5 years. all all the excitement and fascination of history will be reduced to dry late night reading from a monitor.

seek out books, on individuals, styles, movements,

and also documentaries , i would be careful of this. but there some good ones.

it would be nice if some anons cold recommend some.
>>
>>2487348
My local Goodwill and Savers has alot of books about paintings and art history.
>>
I'm interested too. plz deliver anon.
>>
>>2487278
>Wikipedia

God no.

>>2487348
>documentaries

Can you recommend some good ones that aren't about the impressionists, conceptual art, or the old masters?
>>
>>2487257
All my resources are by written my native authors, so I can't help you much with that. Try "The Story of Art" by E.Gombrich

To study the paintings I use this site:
http://www.wga.hu/support/mobile/search.html
>>
>>2487384
What's your native language?
>>
>>2487278
despite all the bitching and moaning, wikipedia is a pretty decent resource. extensive, full of links, offers general overviews as well as more in-depth looks at particular movements and artists, images, etc.

and then if you want more info on something you discover, google more resources.
>>
>>2487348
>awfull. no just no. dont go to cuckpedia for anything. its become a biased hellhole for past 5 years.

>implying 'bias' can significantly impede your understanding of the unfathomably unimportant topic of 'art history'

>all the excitement and fascination of history will be reduced to dry late night reading from a monitor.

That's all art history is good for.
>>
>>2487484
polish
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.