[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I can't draw for shit, my perspective is always wrong, as
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5
File: 1422663531769.jpg (48 KB, 500x386) Image search: [Google]
1422663531769.jpg
48 KB, 500x386
I can't draw for shit, my perspective is always wrong, as is with everything when it comes to drawing, where the hell do I begin. Learn perspective first then focus on learning to draw people? What is the path I should be using to learn shit?
>>
>>2480998
Needs more Loomis.
>>
>>2481006

kill yourself
>>
>>2481007
Not gonna make it ;)
>>
>>2481019

The autism is strong in this board
>>
>>2481022
Why are you here?
>>
>>2481029

All of the legit drawing sites with people with actual talent/not retarded never reply.
>>
>>2481030
We're the bottom of the barrel for you, huh?
>>
>>2481036

It's the bottom of the barrel for anyone wanting to improve, not just him. All you faggots do is spam loomis/ligameme
>>
>>2481040
>not just him
There are only 2 people ITT, you and I.
>>
>>2481043

considering I'm not OP, thats funny.
>>
>>2481044
>only 2 IPs ITT
>none of your posts bump it
hmm
>>
>>2481040
Have you tried reading Loomis?
>>
>>2481047

loomis is outdated garbage that nobody should be recommending
>>
>>2481050
But have you tried it?
>>
>>2481050
LOOMIS
>>
>>2481050
Because human anatomy has changed so much in the last 60 years right?
>>
>>2481050
confirmed: you're not gonna make it
>>
>>2481053

What's there to try? Do you focus solely on the plates and ignore 90% of the reading bullshit?

I'd rather spend more time drawing than reading shit about how to draw.
>>
>>2481006
>>2481019
>>2481054
>>2481057

Autists like you should be exterminated.
>>
File: 1390253355335.gif (32 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1390253355335.gif
32 KB, 250x250
Oh boy this thread again! OP isn't really looking for help; he'll post 'controversial' opinions, reply arrogantly to a few people and the thread will consist of everyone throwing stones at each other.

Don't waste your time or anyone elses time.
>>
>>2481059
Ideally you do both. I always laugh when people say "I read Loomis" as if reading the book is going to make them any better. You're supposed to draw not only much of what's in the book but draw much more with what the book taught you in mind.

You get what you put in. Just like you can't expect to become a proficient illustrator by reading a book alone you can't expect to become a champion boxer by simply watching a fight.
>>
>>2481068

Well obviously I have no learning pipeline to follow. I don't know where the fuck to start, I'm tired of being terrible, I just want to draw people.
>>
>>2481118
xD
>>
>>2481122

exterminate yourself, sandnigger
>>
>>2480998
You want to draw human body for example. Let's ignore shadows and light for now and focus on human being.

Can you draw anatomically correct human? Y/N
Do you understand human anatomy? Y/N
Do you have abilities to draw shapes (in perspective)? Y/N
Do you know how perspective works? Y/N
Do you know how to draw lines/have control over your lines? Y/N

If you answer all NO then go from bottom to top.
Try to build up your skill. If you see something is wrong, work on it until you "get it"
>>
I don't think you really "learn" to draw. It's more about forging, like something you do over and over until you get it right. The struggle is to avoid trapping yourself in the same themes/style.
>>
>>2481036
>>2481040
I might not be too knowledged or anything, but I've kinda' observed that this board's constructive, well-practiced and helpful critics to complete negative, cesspool-level jerks ratio is rather skewed towards the later by a far margin. Only a few threads manage to create some sort of productive conversation, interesting critic, or helpful aid to other posters.

Then again, it'd be helpful if this board wasn't so dead. Why don't we ever work towards getting more people on it?
>>
File: 1460241715145.jpg (630 KB, 1224x1050) Image search: [Google]
1460241715145.jpg
630 KB, 1224x1050
Why do you keep making similar threads about being shit and always use the same image to start them off? Because if you're the same guy as in the image then this thread is b8.
>>
>>2481322

because who wants to bring people to a board full of trolling unhelpful symbol ligameme loomis spamming jackoffs?
>>
>>2481396
That's him, that's the one.

He's also made >>2481112
>>
>>2481422

well aren't you special, mr. autist
>>
>>2481322
>this board's constructive, well-practiced and helpful critics to complete negative, cesspool-level jerks ratio is rather skewed towards the later by a far margin.

You're acting like they're mutually exclusive.

I'd put money down on people who sometimes give constructive advice still shitpost in some threads - especially when they're sick and tired of seeing the same idiots make the same stupid threads instead of taking two seconds to familiarize themselves with the board and then posting it in the appropriate one. Loomis and 'read the sticky' is a meme because it's the simplest answer that actually introduces key concepts to the beginners who incessantly make these 'how do i get gud' threads (but nobody listens to because they think its a joke).

It's the same on most boards, go to any relatively frequented board and they will all have stuff they're absolutely sick and tired of hearing every day and those threads get shitposted in. There's quality in the cesspool if you know how to navigate it.
>>
>>2481059

>complains it isn't an effective resource
>hardly used the damn resource

No shit it wasn't effective for you if you don't know how to fucking read and utilize an art book.
If you don't know what you're talking about your input's useless family man.
>>
>>2481263

I just want you to know I'm not the OP but I saved your list as it was an example of direction that I've desperately needed for ages now.

Thank you.
>>
>>2480998
draw from reference try to mimick conture lines, shapes, instead of drawing symbols of what you think shit should look. Im begginer myself though, right now im trying to that, also doing some anatomy study and gesture drawing, training my proportions, there is lots of shit outhere..
>>
File: 1451133840041.jpg (26 KB, 308x308) Image search: [Google]
1451133840041.jpg
26 KB, 308x308
>36 replies in a bait thread
>with 4 posters

this is transcending the memes, /ic/
>>
Jesus Christ this thread needs to be quarantined! and all posters in it removed from the board! I've never seen something so carcinogenic! its like its making everything around it cancer! i can - I can fee..l it takin-g ov..er Me..EE.e......EEDS MORE LOOMIS AHAH KILL YOURSELF POST YOUR WORK AH STICKY STICKY
>>
>>2488809
>mind breaking from the absolute retardation of OP

hot.
>>
>>2481029
/ic/ is like an abusive boyfriend who you just can't stay away from. No matter how many times he hits you or calls you worthless you can't help but love him. I'm gonna die in this place and so will you :)
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.