[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Question Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 60
File: man-with-question-01.png (248 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
man-with-question-01.png
248 KB, 1500x1500
Ask any questions here, avoid making new threads for them!

Old thread - >>2417577

Pastebin: http://pastebin.com/kVkkdzaX

New WIP Sticky: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1VfDTpLLVl5bWUGWguswKpPFml533luI8-NBd1EGYHnA/edit?pref=2&pli=1

-- i have been lazy/busy/hey a game i like got patched must play though it again
ill go through the last thread tonight if you didn't get your crap answered if i got anything ill try to help.
>>
File: Craws.jpg (4 MB, 5543x7821) Image search: [Google]
Craws.jpg
4 MB, 5543x7821
Ok so
My friend is giving me plenty of shit about this one. He maintains that the bag/head looks disproportionate.
Your virdict, /ic/?
>>
>>2432615
I don't see it, it's a scare crow, how is the sack on a stick disproportionate?

the only thing that i could say in favor if it being disproportionate is how big the buttons are for the eyes, and how small buttons usually are, and even that's stretching it a bit. there are other issues, but proportions isn't one of them.
>>
>>2432441
Hey /ic/ which loomis book should I start on first? Also what are the exercises I can do with loomis? Do i just copy the plates he has and redraw those until I get better? Honestly dont know how to use loomis.
>>
Where else would one go for critique and such? I'm not sure Deviantart, Tumblr or Reddit are that good in this regard
>>
>>2432820
Depends. /ic/ is probably the best online community thing there is for critique because people here don't hold back. If you want to you can pay for som online course or instructor and they will give you crits and they can get into the technicalities and details of what you did wrong which can be a great advantage. Another great option is to find friends who want to git gud as well, either online or irl, and git gud together and critique eachother.
Last but not least, most art people underestimate how valuable critiques from non-artists can be. I mean they won't tell you that you used a wrong kind of line or specific technical shit (and if they do they are probably wrong), but they will tell you when a face you drew looks wrong and may even point out which part looks weird or when your picture is not appealing (and they will be probably right). So literally ask your irl friends, neighbors, family, coworkers to tell you their opinion. Just be sure to tell them they should not hold back or try to sugarcoat things because you need honest truth even if it's not nice.
>>
>>2432794
Fun with a pencil (OPTIONAL) ->Succesful Drawing ->Figure drawing for all it's worth -> Head and hands -> Creative Illustration

This is an approach from broad to specific. Successful drawing pretty much covers basics of everything but doesn't go in depth and the other books go more in detail on specific subjects. Fun with a pencil is more basic, aimed at younger readers with the cartoony picures and its main purpose is to get people into drawing. When it comes to the actual stuff itteaches, it's pretty much Successful drawing lite.

You use them by reading them. You have to understand what he says, how the techniques he explains work, maybe even copy some of the drawings to better understand and get the hang of it, but the main thing is that you have to apply it to your own drawings and draw a ton.
>>
>>2417699
Your couch potato who's looking at a professional athlete and making excuses to not go to the gym comparing yourself to somebody who has trained their whole goddamn life to do one thing while you haven't even begun the walk, that's what you're doing, knock the shit off
>>2417733
get one subject to draw, I don't give a fuck what it is, just pick something and draw it, then come back a week maybe a month later and draw again, and compare. Especially if you are a beginner you should see massive improvements if you practice every day

>>2418111
look up tablet drawing exercises on YouTube, the video is going to be fairly old but there is a guy who shows you a bunch of different exercises you can do to try and get better drawing and with the tablet.
Though I personally do recommend using a tablet as your primary mouse for a while, if only to get used to using it.

>>2419831
>>2419850
there is no luck or accidental and art, with the exception of conceptual and modern art but that's more bullshit artistry than anything else, there is also to some extent abstract art. But in these cases where it is accidentally good, a lot of it comes down to your personality and selling it your name recognition and not so much what you use to make the art. Let me put it this way you don't accidentally make a pretty face when you draw something, that's skill that you put time and effort into doing.

>>2419842
if I had to take a guess this is charcoal, this is based on looking at the deep Blacks that they get and how it doesn't appear that there's any shiny spot.
As for how they do it, zoom into it and look at all the ways that you see the strokes being placed, sometimes are following the contours like in the ear or around the Right eye, other times it looks like it's just going chaotic just to get the black saturated. It kinda looks like they tried to blend a little bit paper towel finger what ever but there's very little of it.
>>
>>2420083
this really depends on how you do the sketching on a computer, some people make vague as fuck lines to the point where it doesn't goddamn matter, it's of blob of mess that no one else besides you understands cleaning it up would take so much more time then just starting over cleanly.

>>2420037
zoom in on the lines notice how their blurry, there are two ways to do this, the first ways do all the goddamn line art and then add a blur filter over the top of it, or use a soft brush, possibly something with a hard center and then a soft edge. After that's done you going for the shading. If you don't know how to do the shading was should never took the fucking commission in the first place.

>>2420307
never worked in the industry so what I meant to say is a bunch of hearsay. If you show real is good enough to get your foot in the door you get a low-end job, something where they will work you and may God damn sure you have work ethic, then they'll start teaching you the in-house bullshit and then you'll have an actual job animating. I can't tell you if this is real but this is what I've heard time and time again.

>>2420972
if you want to following you funnel the people to your preferred place to post. Let's say you have a deviantART account and you have a tumbler account and you want people go to your deviantART account, on the tumbler post you post your deviantART right underneath it on your deviantART post you don't post the tumbler, to that website tumbler doesn't exist. You do this for all social media, get them on your preferred platform and just shoot out everything else to all the other platforms and funnel them back to your preferred.

With that said, tumbler so much goddamn better than deviantART just on a usability standpoint for the end-user looking at stuff. DeviantART sucks a fat cock on this.

>>2421106
no reason you can't just know that there are flaws and you can always be better.
>>
>>2421253
if your work is not commercial it's all about how vindictive you want to be, because it's gonna cost you money and you're probably not get shit back. If it's commercial work then you have a lot of reason to go after them, you can sue them and probably win and ruin their fucking shit. If there's still fanart, then you have very little recourse.
>>2421264
>>2421265
your fucked, not a God damn thing you can do beyond threaten, an international lawsuit to literally cost to fucking much money for you ever think of doing. If you ever moved to America, either working here under a visa are actually having citizenship, you could probably sue his ass.
Your best bet might actually be going after the people hosting it before going after the artist.

>>2421483
if you're going from traditional to digital with the art, palette knife filter.

>>2422118
just keep in mind that you are selling expensive wallpaper, it doesn't matter your skill it doesn't matter the content, most people buying art is buying it for an overall color that goes well in their living room, content comes among far second, and skill is even lower than that. Look up how much the art you want to sell costs per square inch, then look up to the medium you used, if I remember the tiers right is oil is top then comes acrylic then watercolor then charcoal.

>>2421907
feminist bullshit yes, but there is a guy who does his art exclusively in his own blood it's not the best start, but it is art using blood and you might want to use that as a resource to seeing what can be done.

>>2421953
wake up, tell myself I'm going to get shit done today, fuck around on YouTube, read some shit, jerk it, jerk it some more, read some shit again, jerk it a few more times, sleep, repeat

Wake up and tell myself today is going to be the day I get shit done, repeat above.
>>
>>2422032
style is the way that you abstract your art, ideally it is something that comes to you through the way you want to do shit quicker.

>>2422440
take a look at manga from people who are known for being good artists. You don't need to be the best, you can easily tell when somebody knows their shit and when they don't.

>>2422451
a good art book, fuck no. You can be coming back to good art books time and time again as you get more and more skill and various parts of the book start making sense to you.

Now shittier book that has nothing really to offer you sure you could probably absorb that in a day or two. But no one really recommend you read the shitty ones.

>>2422454
draw little bit each day due to the lose skill if you don't use it.

>>2422787
Watts has some of the best teachers in the world, who are also some of the best artists. The reason that they haven't such good artists is all these people have a passion for teaching. I don't know how good they are teaching, but the online atelier, it's about $100 a month and you get the entirety of the drawing to course, if you're really looking for an art school that's a bargain, and if it's really good you might want to consider moving out there to attend in person.

>>2426444
Got a develop that light touch somehow

>>2423441
get really shitty paper, your issues likely stemming from you want to make a masterpiece, get that the fuck out your head. Nothing beats newsprint

>>2426544
The issue here is the difference between mindlessly copying and asking why, Getting some kind of an understanding of what your drawing
>>2424086
when I was using colored pencils it was always best to keep them sharp, coloring in with a really sharp point look a lot better to me than trying to shade with a flat edge. You could also try shading by placing the paper on top of a hard surface, that also gave me good results not as good as a sharp pencil but better than shading on top of the stack of papers.
>>
File: CYG9-reUEAAkmfT.png (950 KB, 900x1242) Image search: [Google]
CYG9-reUEAAkmfT.png
950 KB, 900x1242
What are the origins in animu? Is there actually any info out there as how animu and mango came to be and where it is now? Always curious as to how the idea of exaggerating features have came to light, and why specific regions have different ways in expressing those features. More specifically, Japan in this case.
>>
>>2424278
I don't have either of these markers but I have watched of YouTube videos to think I have an opinion on them, copics are easily the best, the cost a little more, but when you look into refills over time there cheap, what you should look for is importing the markers from Japan ill probably be cheaper than getting them locally, you should also look into getting ciao's first and then supplementing with sketches for whatever other things you need.

Granted every single video of ever seen of these markers is always done by a woman who can't fucking draw, so take this with a grain of salt. For my money I'd rather get good at watercolor.

>>2425943
there is some reason to not use brushes for one media to another but so long as you're getting by I don't see a reason why you're required to buy more brushes,

Personally though I'd look into a brush that's a really fine point and's try inking with them. Pentel pocket brushes generally what I'd use, but I've been looking and the synthetics for too.

>>2426142
save the shaving so you can use it with a brush later on
>>
>>2432941
Disney.

Osamu Tezuka really liked Disney and tried to do that with his comics but in his own style. Then just work your way back up to here. Each styled after the last
>>
>>2426587
a larger canvas size allows you to make small mistakes and not have to worry about them because when you reduce the size it gets rid of a bunch of them.
Your brush settings really don't matter all too much, you're going for a hard line and so you're likely not going to go for a texture brush
the program you use can matter a lot because paint tool sai is very very good for line art while other tools you'd be required get familiar with the eraser tool.
And then a lot of it comes down to experience being able to tell when you make a thick line when the make a thin line how to taper it and pretty much as composition what would look best where. You're gonna suck at line art for a long time, but you will get better with practice.

This is actually one area where I'd actually recommend tracing, find someone that you really like their line art and trace over it figure out what they did and why they did it, deconstruct the mother fucker.

>>2426965
generally you start with something like a thumbnail and then as your drawing you might evolve and choose to make the details look different than your original thought, however I really recommend you having the overall what you want the image to look like down before you start doing any of the bitch work like rendering.

>>2427370
when he's following the original story yeah he's just upgrading the art, but I also believe he's doing original art and I don't think one has any part of it. I could be wrong on that though

>>2428479
Have a create a color one, the shits really good for doing gestures
>>
>>2431270
hate to break it to you but your own website no, maybe when you already have exposure but not beginning. If you want exposure fucking shotgun blast every social media with their art, then funnel them to your preferred platform, once you get enough people to think owning your own website would be a viable option on your preferred platform direct them to your website and start tapering off what you post there. Continue to post things and every social media site but direct them to your website.

>>2428206
personally when I actually get my act together and sit down and draw and start improving I'm making a blog, I wouldn't make the blog until I can notice improvement though, because God dammit wouldn't that be sad if I just fizzled out without improving at all. I think a lot of people would like watching you go from really shit to really good.

>>2428498
I always say that to fund pencils on pen and paper could you have the most experience with it then learn color on digital. It's honestly the most cost-effective way.

Keep doing traditional work though it only help you, but yeah go with digital if that's what you want to do

>>2428524
it all depends on the skin, take a guys face for example, the part where your beard grows generally turns out more blue or green as a tent the middle usually is a more red because that's where capillaries are closest to the surface and then for had I believe is pale, it could be wrong with that one, it really depends on where your drawing, the tone the skin is because I know I'm a pale mother fucker with a bunch of splotches a red, but you can also have someone who's really tan and make adding in a brown and red would probably do more to. This is in the one-size-fits-all answer.
>>
>>2432944
I was curious if there was a more "documentary" type video out there explaining the history about it all. Anything out there professionally done? I've seen random youtube videos explain this, but kind of in a poor/bias manner from fanboys.
>>
>>2428528
yes the legs are weird as fuck, at the same time that could also be a valid sitting position but he's just really crappy at drawing. Personally I think your friend got really good at rendering and is able to hide his failings behind the rendering the areas pretty.

>>2428918
drawing from the shoulder gives you smoother overall images, drawing from your wrist is for detail.

>>2429196
the blade is likely still fat, it be best to use a razor blade, a box cutter is probably a little too thick, at least depending on the type, my breakaway box cutter is a lot thinner than my trapezoid box cutter you can also use an exacto knife, a single ledge bathroom razor also works. Granted a double edge is probably too thin to use.

>>2429245
you will get good at drawing those parts, you'll have some transferable skill to, but you ain't gonna be fuckin God.

>>2430210
you either come here and filter through the ship or you're going to go off to a hug box or idol worship site pick your poison

>>2430249
yes, you can, however it's going to be a fucking chore. I never got good in understanding the layer settings in Photoshop to be able to use a black-and-white image and then add color to it, but you see a lot of people who do that and they do good there's no reason you can't do that with pencil

>>2430371
minimum wage plus materials is the base price
what you believe your skill is worth is what you add to that.

>>2430949
if you on the subway or a bus you shouldn't be using a sketchbook that's big enough that you can draw from the shoulder, don't be a complete piece of shit to the people around you

>>2430875
sheridancollege, of the two you posted the other one had some real fucking shit at the top of it that was so proud of I wouldn't want to be part of that school that actually advertises with that.
>>
>>2430891
first things first from the thumbnail that hair looks like a fucking mess, look up tutorials and how to properly do hair that'll help you a lot.
Like the other anon said line weight is going to play a huge role in how to get it look a lot less flat I mean take a look at the ears you could taper so many of those edges off but you don't the line that's going around outlining the head could be a lot thicker and the lines that are overlapping parts is Skinner parts of the body could be a lot thinner but they're not.

>>2430896
understand the amount of detail you can get down in that short amount of time and don't try and go for more, that'll help you get better at it. When your people drawing in public you don't have a lot of time to get down all the detail you need to make them a unique individual, this is what the skills kinda trying to teach you. But like the other anon said it's also a warm-up exercise.

>>2430915
it's not so much a style is the way it's done, it's done through etching. Look up how good at yours at each and try mimic that style and drawing.

>>2431044
>>2431295
>>2431884
>>2431107
>>2431069
If the duties talk about photo bashing, he has somewhat of a point, but that's just how the industry works they give a shit about speed not how it's done.
If you just talk about drawing and painting in general digitally tell him to go fuck himself

>>2431376
You have to clarify if you're doing fan commissions or if you're doing commissions from businesses, because those numbers vary wildly

>>2431871
because your ability to see the flaws is getting better, Conversely because you're seeing all the flaws you're thinking you're doing worse than you actually are making you do worse. Once you realize this you can start to improve.
>>
>>2432615
>5.5kx7.8k
Resize your shit nigger.
>>
>>2432949
yes, there are history of anime docs, cant name them but have watched them.

as for >>2432941
the reason they eyes are big, is because the eyes are VERY easy to draw yet very expressive, you also have the inspired by disney aspect.

and to add into it, you have traditional japanese art that's already proportionally fucked with compared to real life.

mix in the folklore and legends and you now have catgirls and shit.

>>2432957
ill second that, shit takes forever to zoom out of.
>>
File: facein3simplesteps.png (149 KB, 672x880) Image search: [Google]
facein3simplesteps.png
149 KB, 672x880
Finishing up Mark Kistler's book and these final lessons feel like the "draw the fucking owl" type. Where do I go for more detailed instruction? Loomis and Hampton next?
>>
I have an annoying issue with photoshop.

lasso and line tool consider movement finished and stop if i stop moving pen for a split-second.
Is there a setting for that? How do I fix it.
If it may matter It's Huion and i run Lazy Nezumi
>>
Does anyone know of a type of pen sort of like the Pentel Tradio, but with more ability to change line thickness? I'm hoping to find something that still feels and dries a bit like a fineliner, rather than something very inky like a brushpen or a calligraphy fountain pen.
>>
File: drawthumb.png (412 KB, 1546x988) Image search: [Google]
drawthumb.png
412 KB, 1546x988
Is being able to draw with your eyes instead of your mind really the most important thing? Should I learn that first before anything else?
Also what is the spark?
>>
>>2433522
>Should I learn that first before anything else?
Pseudo-science bullshit, mostly. Yea, construction is important though and something to learn early on after you've had your fun drawing what you like.

The spark is the newest dankest le funny maymay.
>>
>>2433522
Yes. You can't draw from imagination before you know how stuff looks.

Spark is the shittiest meme /ic/ has come up with so far.
>>
>>2433480
Brushpen only feels "too inky" because it's hard to control. If you learn you get a good consistent lines. But look at Faber Castell PITT pens, you have the flat nib pen which can give you some variation and the brush nib pen has smaller brush than most brush pens so it's a bit easier to control.
>>
I'm trying to get a lot of practice every day, but I can hardly manage a single hour of drawing most days before I'm just fucking mentally exhausted.
Is this normal? Will it go away as I improve?
It's difficult to improve quickly when my brain refuses to cooperate.
>>
>>2433589
Take a break every hour, ten minutes of just walking around, stretching, getting a glass of water, short browse online. It's like exercise, you will get tired easily early on but practicing self discipline will easier with practice.
>>
I want to make a brush like the guy uses in this video in Krita:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zC3OxonJcXQ

Could anyone please give advice or post a brush like that? I can't figure out the right settings.
>>
File: 1446684857069.png (151 KB, 260x454) Image search: [Google]
1446684857069.png
151 KB, 260x454
>>2433522
people think it's either

1) an inherent skill in being good at art without needing as much direction as the average person starting art

2) the perseverance to push through times when you want to quit

in either case still a fantastic meme
>>
Is there any advice to getting better at drawing on tablets?
I can draw on paper fine, and I can line it if I upload the sketch, but drawing/sketching directly on a tablet it looks horrible.
Is it just a matter of
>draw on it for 1000 hours
or are there some things I can keep in mind to help out.
>>
>>2433963
por que no los dos? mostly yeah, just gotta do it more. It's a different medium so it'll take getting used to like any other. But there are things to keep in mind. Learn to trust your hand, do figure-8 practices at the start of each session (aka looping in a figure 8 over and over without picking up the pen, keeping the lines as accurate as you can without going too slow).

Faster strokes are generally better, while spamming ctrl+z to get the line laid right. Digital tends to be more step based. As in, do construction on one layer, lower opacity, new layer, do more details, lower opacity (hide/delete construction layer), line while adding final details. Drawing on paper, you can more comfortably tweak parts of a piece (say, tweak construction while adding details) You can do that with digital too ofc, but I find it's trickier digitally for some reason. So that might be catching you up too.

But you're probably just not used to tablets, so focus on doing it more.
>>
Complete beginner here. What paintbrushes in Photoshop should I be using when learning? I just spent an embarassingly long time trying to find 2B/4B/6B pencils on the software, they're separate from normal paintbrushes for some reason.
>>
>>2434048
Not that guy but thanks for this, it's the kind of advice I was looking for at the moment.
>>
>>2433133
drawing makes her looking fucking stoned out of her mind, also stop studying bad artists, you'll inherit their bad habits, move quickly onto loomis. once that's done check out scott robertson for studying basic+complex perspective.
>>
>>2434057
use your standard hard round brush for now - don't want fancy tools muddying up you're learning. go check out ctrl+paint if you want more detail on photoshop.
>>
>>2434119
>ctrl+paint
Thanks for this
>>
>>2433589
Take a few days off once in a while. You'll burn yourself out, and then you'll won't wanna draw again.
>>
What was the name of that artist who set up miniature landscapes to paint from?
>>
hey guys
what about a brush for inking in photoshop?
or is it a lost battle and i should go into SAI or Manga studio? if so what brushes with these?
also, im not sure if this is because i have a bamboo but its so fucking tedious to ink
not to mention that i kinda lose something in between the sketch and inks
>>
>>2434048
Thanks I figured as much.
On paper I can skip over a lot of the construction steps to speed things up, it just feels so impossible digitally that it frustrates me.
>>
>>2434378
Going through the exact same thing now. It's so jarring to have to resort back to basics when I've grown so used to my way of drawing with just pencils or chalks. But it's good to go through the learning experience.
>>
>>2433589
Take short breaks. Do NOT stop drawing every day, however. It will suck, you will feel burnt out, you will push through it. You need to learn how to deal with that, if every artist stopped and took days off when they felt burn out they'd be unemployed.

Make yourself a lesson plan of some kind, stick to it. You can do 5 days a week instead of 7 if you want and save your weekends for fun drawing. Just jump into it and do 8 hours a day if you can. Stay stubborn and keep yourself working, you will thank yourself later for having all that practice.
>>
Character designing how is it done correctly? Only thing I know is that their silhouette needs to be noticeable but I'm not even sure if that info is right or not or if it's even for designing a character.
>>
Ok, here is a question.
I am decent at inking and coloring, and apparently my lineart is good and smooth, but
I can't sketch bodies for the life of me. I mean I can, but it takes me longer than anything else.
How can I help fix this? I've tried drawing stickmen for posing and what not but it doesn't seem to do the trick.
>>
is it wrong going through loomis before something like keys to drawing?
>>
File: moon-runes-CSP.jpg (18 KB, 164x337) Image search: [Google]
moon-runes-CSP.jpg
18 KB, 164x337
Can anybody translate this plos? As to which tool is this one, and which are its settings?

I am of dirty foreigner.
>>
File: 33875f0423a2e158de37aecf23847b59.png (579 KB, 1022x1200) Image search: [Google]
33875f0423a2e158de37aecf23847b59.png
579 KB, 1022x1200
>>2432441
Yea how does one render like this
>>
>>2434699
draw from life.
>>
>>2434699
understand how light and shadows work along with some stylized uses of it

outside of that, nothing in that images is hard to understand when you zoom in a bit. id honestly call it kind of crappy in terms of rendering.

>>2434702
drawing from life is how people get the skill to draw this, not render it.
>>
>>2434708
>drawing from life is how people get the skill to draw this, not render it.
ayyyy
>>
>>2434709
study from life.
>>
Hey,

i have a question about making own trading cards (GWINT!) like Magic, Pokemon....

The pngs- files of the front and back of the cards are already on my PC, but the problem is, that I don´know how to print them properly.
I want to have the cards 5,9cm * 9,1cm and I would like to print 9 on one piece of DIN A4.
The front and back should be printed at the same time, so I dont need to glue or something like that.
There are at least 288 cards to print, so I tried to use something to formate and order the single pictures for me, but i didn´t came up with a proper
solution and really want to achieve one now.

Is there someone who is better with LibreOffice, Gimp etc. than me (i´m a noob btw)? Please help me out here, i tried it for hours until now.

Thank you for reading and (maybe?) trying.

Here is the site with the cards on it:

ninjalooter(.)de/45269/selber-basteln-gwint-kartenset-gwent-playing-cards-deutsch-english/
>>
File: 1512natural.jpg (28 KB, 281x480) Image search: [Google]
1512natural.jpg
28 KB, 281x480
is 2H to 8B good hardness for drawing?
i was thinking of getting this set since its only 6,7 euros
>>
>>2434750
It's pretty much the default range you get for a 12 pack of pencils.
So it more depends on if you like the brand and the container they are kept in.
>>
>>2434750
You probably won't use half of them, but if it's cheap it's at least a good chance to try out all the pencils and see which grades fit you best. I'd personally rather get a few Staedtlers than a tin of Koh-I-Noor.
>>
>>2434765
i have very little tools since im a beginner but its cheap
>>2434810
cant find any graphite pencils of that brand in my area only colored ones or markers so i guess ill go with koh-i-noor
>>
File: 91gO13hj-fL._SL1500_.jpg (338 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
91gO13hj-fL._SL1500_.jpg
338 KB, 1500x1500
>>2434750
I got this set
>pic related
because 2H just isn't hard enough for very light shades
quality is good and they're easy to wok with.
>>
>>2434990
*work
>>
>>2434694
The English version of CSP is called Manga Studio 5, try that instead.

If I had to guess, it looks like a watercolor brush with these settings:
Brush size: 4
Amount of paint: 100
Density of paint: 100
Color stretch : 10
Hardness: 5
Brush density: 90
Stabilization : 2

>>2434285
I'm not entirely sure what you mean, but Manga Studio has a lot of ink-oriented brushes with a lot of customization available to you. Could be worth a shot.
>>
>>2434198
Maxfield Parrish
>>
>>2434694
>>2435006

I appreciate it, anon. Thanks.
>>
I'm going through draw a box, but the guy is on vacation and not offering crits for a month. I'm assuming if I post it in the beginners thread that would be fine, or?
>>
Any shoulder stretches? My shoulder isn't used to drawing and feels a little sore after 2 hours.
>>
>>2433480
honestly, i say just buckle down and learn to use a brush pen, so much more utility then fineliners, though harder to control.

>>2433522
>>2433532
first off, if you are not drawing what you are seeing, how do you observe shit to get better?
pseudo science as it may be, a lot of people never really realize that they are symbol drawing and can't break the habit so they think its all talent.

>>2433963
its worth keeping in mind you may just never be able to draw on a tablet, god knows after 10 years of use and several months where it was my only means of input couldnt get me to the point where i can draw on one... can paint, but just cant draw.

>>2434285
sai, no fucking question, google sai inking and find out why, its a mix between raster and vector.

>>2434555
what is the bare minimum your character needs to be recognised as that character?
also don't add anything to them that cant be explained.

>>2434558
find the watts video that is around 7gb big, this way of drawing may help you allot.

>>2434990
>>2434750
sets like this are great to find out what pencils you like using, odds are if you have a light enough touch, you will only need 2-3 of the pencils to hit every shade you want.

>>2435337
post here or wherever else on the board will shit out help, iv told others to post in the q threads just because i don't look at this entire board, and what i have seen in crit threads... there's not very much help.
>>
The pastebin has a section that talks about "rendering", what is this 'rendering'?
>>
guys, do i really need to make all of these silly drawing exercises to get good at drawing, can't i just like, practice/improve by doing actual drawings? It's way more fun, for instance, doing gestures for more than 5 minutes gets so boring, i rather just do 3 gestures over 3 different drawings where i might take 1 hour on each drawing, cuz im not just doing the gesture and leaving it at that.
>>
When drawing from a reference picture, how do i go about it/how do you guys go about it?

Question is, up to what point are you just straight up copying the drawing by coordinates and up to what point are you just using it to form a general idea of what you want to draw and THEN drawing from your own imagination?

I dunno like, i feel like that's the purpose of drawing from reference, going from copying to being able to do it on your own, is that right?
>>
>>2435638
This is something that you just learn over time, when you work from reference you aren't meant to "copy" what you see, this doesn't teach you anything, what you are trying to do is capture its likeness. You don't want a replica, but you shouldn't wing it either. You're supposed to understand the forms and the shapes behind what you are drawing.
>>
>>2435628
this will explain it better then i can.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artistic_rendering

>>2435636
generally you are pissing your time away with a 1 hour drawing when you don't have skill to back up making it worth your time. there are faster ways to get better at art and we try to point them out.

gesture should start a drawing, but you can also use gesture like a thumbnail, it should take you no time at all, and if your composition is good, then go forward, or save it to do it at some other time.

also, warming up with gestures is good, but if someone tells you to do more then 10 minutes of just gesture, question why.

>>2435638
>>2435672
what you should be doing is constructing what you are seeing, using the reference to check what you already know, or when you are learning, using the reference to see where you lack knowledge.
>>
File: untitled.png (165 KB, 600x1133) Image search: [Google]
untitled.png
165 KB, 600x1133
How do I approach studying anatomy and how much do I benefit from it? I prefer drawing slightly exaggerated bodies with features that I've picked up from other artists and media to create this sort of compilation of styles I enjoy. Is learning real anatomy the next step to improving my figures?

Sorry if my questions are all over the place.

Pic related is what a what I'm currently comfortable drawing in terms of the female figure.
>>
Dear anon, could you please advise where can I find a pdf of James Gurney's Imaginative Realism? Thank you!
>>
File: b8QuFL1 - Imgur.jpg (398 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
b8QuFL1 - Imgur.jpg
398 KB, 1280x720
How do I go about making those detailed landscape paintings? Am I right, does it go something like this:
underpainting
blur it
pull out details and edges etc?
All the videos I've found are either messy speedpaints or "teehee then I drew the rest of the fucking owl".
>>
Ok, I'm getting frustrated
When drawing women, what determines the 'wider hips'?
Obviously the pelvis is wider, but what else goes into making a girl look like a girl?
This is the toughest part for me, I cannot the torso looking right, otherwise it looks like they have abnormally wide hips and abnormally wide shoulders, since women tend to have a box/right-side-up triangle torso shape.
Where are the oblique flank-pads? Where does the gluteus medius exist? Does that influence the 'wide hips'?
>>
Can someone give me the link to the website about a book.. it features figure drawings by famous illustrators. I forgot to bookmark it and I'm having trouble finding it. Many thanks
>>
>>2436167
You haven't said 'waist' once, so I'm going to say, 'waist."
>since women tend to have a box/right-side-up triangle torso shape
what are you drawing?
>>
>>2435980
Your female figure is evidently lacking anatomy. Learning anatomy will keep assholes like me from berating your artistic experience. And plus, it's like any other skill- let's talk about baking.
If you only know how to make your own pretty-ok-but-not-great-skittles cookie, that's all you can do. Learning how to bake in general, learning how ingredients affect one another, learning how the bones and muscles interact, gives you so much more flexibility to (1) bake in general and (2) perfect your own skittles cookie recipe so that assholes like me don't call you an idiot.

Eat your vegetables and lift, anon. That's what learning anatomy is. Go draw some hands.
>>
>>2436130
Bob Ross helps, unironically.

Also I found a nice work flow with pixel art tutorials. Colors and values are also really important with these.

Which program are you using? You may need a couple of custom brushes.
>>
>>2436169
Ok, the waist is another thing that I have trouble with. Where do the obliques go? Where is the flank pads? On dudes it's so easy to see, but I can't seem to identify them on women.

>what are you drawing?
I'm trying to draw women
I've been trying to get better at drawing them from imagination, but I always get stuck at the torso shape. So I thought I'd ask you experts.
>>
How do I maintain motivation to draw? I feel as though I'm not really moving in any direction and I have no idea how much I should be drawing in a timeframe.

I'm very new to drawing but I understand that I need to know very basic stuff like anatomy, gestures, construction, proportion, angles. I've read through the sticky and had a look at a few of Loomis' books and I'm currently going through Vilppu's work which seems to be doing wonders.

I think I just need an idea of how much I should be drawing in an hour/day/week/month. Without that I just lose interest after a while.
>>
>>2436174
thanks a lot man. I use PS CS6, using "lazybrushes" pack someone linked on here some time ago, it has a bunch of leaf/grass brushes but they look like shit (or more likely I have no idea how to properly use them).
>>
File: Phenomena poster illustration.jpg (229 KB, 1280x893) Image search: [Google]
Phenomena poster illustration.jpg
229 KB, 1280x893
Is this illustrayion painted in acrylic, watercolor,gouache, or maybe with airbrush?
>>
>>2436371
Doesn't really matter except for the glow, which hints at airbrush for some parts. Also probably for some flowers as they use a gradient, but watercolor gradients won't work here, because the area is a mess.

For the rest it is hard to say, all of the options you gave and more - except airbrush - will work, including combinations depending on what works where best.

Pigments are pigments, someone who uses traditional painting materials has way too much freedom to choose and match. For all we know the artist could have used all of them at once or he just used raw pigments and then prepared the colors with different binders himself.

Easiest way is either looking at the original or reading up on the artists.
>>
How much do you practice a day?

How much should you practice a day?
>>
>>2436180
Fuck motivation. Motivation is a lie. Just fucking do it. Keep doing it. A disciplined man is far better than a motivated man
>>
>>2436462
0-1 hours

More.
>>
>>2436471
I think you have a confusion about the meaning of motivation.

Even a disciplined man will do absolutely nothing without motivation.

Having no motivation to do something = literally you will not do it.
>>
>>2436492
People use motivation like some nebulous thing that they need before they practice. "Oh, I want to practice more but I'm just not motivated" is the call of every subpar artist. Motivation comes and goes, and people end up waiting until everything is perfect before they practice.

Stop whining. Stop procrastinating. Just. Do. It. Do you think I always want to grind out my 5 hours a day? Fuck no. It would be super sweet to just jerk off and watch anime, but I won't because I'm disciplined.
>>
>>2436500
>"Oh, I want to practice more but I'm just not motivated" is the call of every subpar artist
Maybe it is but that's beside the point.

Motivation is whatever reason you do something for.
>>
>>2436502
To continue, if they literally have no motivation to draw, that means they have no reason to draw, therefore, it is not a problem that they are not drawing, and everything is fine.
>>
>>2436502
>>2436505

If he had no motivation to get better, he wouldn't have made the post.

When people here talk about motivation, they aren't talking about the desire to draw or improve, obviously if they didn't want that they wouldn't post here asking for advice. They just want that feeling of "oh I think I'll draw today" that every artist feels sometimes, but they want that all the fucking time, and it's not possible. You need discipline if you want to improve.

This isn't a problem if they don't wanna improve, but then why the fuck are they posting here asking for advice?
>>
>>2436507
>This isn't a problem if they don't wanna improve, but then why the fuck are they posting here asking for advice?

Because they think there is some other way to improve than hard work? How the hell would I know. People post stupid shit all the time. Posting is easy. Working is not.
>>
Is there anything like the Contè à Paris 1710B, but for lead holders? Or any alternatives but same quality? Or better quality?
>>
>>2436512
Also, I think they may hear people (such as myself) talking how much they enjoy drawing for drawing's sake. They don't feel that enjoyment, which makes them think there is maybe some trick to learn to like drawing more.

I feel similarly about music - I would "like" to be a better musician, compose some new songs, maybe learn an instrument, but I long ago came to the conclusion that I don't feel the drive simply because I don't enjoy music as much as the visual arts. I still do music-related stuff occasionally, as a pure hobby, but I've more or less given up on any ambitions to become really good at it.

What I'm saying is these shitters probably aren't as much into art as they think they are and haven't realised it yet.
>>
>>2436519
I fucked around for a long time on /ic/, lurking and starting and stopping, before I actually just went "fuck it" and started practicing hardcore. In my experience its a lot of people just trying to get out of doing mileage with your pencil.
>>
>>2433480
Using a different ink could also work?
>>
>>2433550
I know, I'm working on it. But for that matter, I like to work from a dotted notebook (currently using a Leuchtturm) and they tend to have thinner pages that even the thinnest brushpen lines bleed through (Pentel Pocket&Pentel Color). Are there by any chance types of fountain ink replacements that solve that part?
>>
>>2436175

I was hoping that you'd post a pic of what you're drawing...
>On dudes it's so easy to see, but I can't seem to identify them on women.
Do.. do you have genders mixed up? Anon, people exaggerate waists for women, like insanely, to make them more feminine/sexy/etc.
>pic related
>>
>>2436584
If you have super thin paper you are probably better off putting something under it.

Chinese Ink? No promises. But it is used to draw on Calligraphy paper which is very thin. It will probably bleed through anyway.
>>
Anybody tried using wrapping tissue for charcoal sketches? Worth it for anything? I would need to order online and I don't want to grab shit. Or, at least I don't need 10 pound wrapping tissue.
>>
What are some good books/lectures to tackle Environment Sketching and Digital Painting?
>>
File: CazxxhUUAAA9cF3.jpg (145 KB, 1024x628) Image search: [Google]
CazxxhUUAAA9cF3.jpg
145 KB, 1024x628
i know the whole "furry" anthro thing is a global rule around here, but I was wondering if there was actually a place where you can get critiques on anthro work.
>>
>>2436175

They go in the same place on men and woman. Aside from the thoracic arch, ribcages are pretty identical among everyone. The obliques line up with certain ribs, and you can figure out the rest from there.

Watch the Proko videos on youtube about it. They're pretty simple and straightforward. The author of Manly Guys Doing Manly Things has a pretty good primer on muscle groups, too. They aren't that different between men and women.
>>
>>2435847
>this will explain it better then i can.
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artistic_rendering

>formulating, adding color, shading, and texturing of an image.

so adding this to a drawing = rendering? Because to me "rendering" is when you are using some 3d modeling software and you 'render' it to get the final product
>>
>>2437134
its pretty much the exact same concept as going from unrendered 3d models to rendered, i don't know if there was a different term before computer rendering came around as i'm not that old.

here, this guys series goes over rendering when it comes to non 3d art, i have no clue how good it is or how good his explanation is but i just skimmed his video to see what he was doing.. he is rendering the piece

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9NDdQBZ8PU

>>2435980
got anything a bit more finished that we can see? there are a few things i think you are lacking aside from anatomy, but anatomy is a fairly big thing you could start adding.

if you want to stick with the female figure, learn anatomy from female body builders, you have less roided out body shapes, but all the cutting of fat that goes into male body builders.

>>2435987
any of the book repositories that /ic/ has should have a copy.

>>2436371
had to look this shit up, its a movie poster...
they used airbrush, this is so common its something you would be mode shocked if they didn't use it.

look at the flowers, while yes you could do that with an airbrush given time and stencils, they were done with a brush, now of the mediums they used, i kind of want to say they did it in guasch, but no reason acrylic couldn't have been done.

the best thing you could do is look up the artist for the portrait and find out what they are most familiar with.

>>2436462
0, i have some issues with motivation, shitting away skill i use to have and needing to relearn it.
as for how much should you, 20-30 minutes at least, just to do warm up exercises and not rot skill away.

>>2436492
no, discipline and the ability to work despite not wanting to separates hobbyists and pros. its best if you can work through times of 0 motovation.
>>
>>2437101
is the furry/anthro rule enforced on this board? i mean sure if it became just a porn thread or a thread dedicated to it sure, probably would... why not post on /trash/ and cross link, that way your not breaking a rule, at the same time someone may be able to tell you whats wrong

now with that said, most furry shit either goes toward the more cartoony, where style is everything, or it goes for the they are humans except the faces... either one you could get your crit outside of furry art.
>>
>now with that said, most furry shit either goes toward the more cartoony, where style is everything, or it goes for the they are humans except the faces... either one you could get your crit outside of furry art.

I see. So once I grasp styling, I can go about drawing said image but without the fur face and get the same level of crit?
>>
>>2432954
>Conversely because you're seeing all the flaws you're thinking you're doing worse than you actually are making you do worse.

What's the best way to keep myself from thinking like this? I wish I thought of it like that. I always figured that I'd see the improvement in my work.
>>
>>2437207
oh god no, you never see the improvement unless you compare it to your old shit because you get better so gradually its almost unnoticeable.

now on the other hand, your ability to see flaws (your eye, as ill refer to it now) gets better in fairly dramatic increments, you may not notice it at first, but you will start to feel less and less confident in your work where as before your eye got better you couldn't see a flaw at all. you THINK its because you are getting worse at first, but then you cant make yourself do better fast enough and your actual skill takes a hit, then you compare your brand new work to work you did a few weeks back, and because you lost confidence your new work looks worse then your older but still new work.

the first few times hit happens to people is usually a big "what the fuck do?" situation, you will always take a bit of a hit in art quality when your eye levels up, but how big and how long this shit goes on for is completely dependant on how fast you recognise this is what's going on, then work toward getting your skill back up to your eyes level.

depending on where you are skill wise, other people may be able to notice it, as in normal people, or you may be good to the extent that only you see it and everyone around you cant and think you are going crazy, especially once you get to the point people could legitimately call you a master and not be far off... but by that point you want to have a network of people who are roughly the same skill wise around you to be able to help you through it. really you want to have some connections once normal people can no longer pinpoint whats wrong with a drawing you make.
>>
so fundamentals of art = anatomy, perspective, lighting?
>>
>>2437244
you're not going to be able to do anatomy without knowing boxes bro
just boxes
boxes take care of all of the things that you mentioned
>>
>>2437298
but you can't draw a one dimensional box, so all those things come into play when drawing anything even if it's just a box
>>
>>2437167
>no, discipline and the ability to work despite not wanting to separates hobbyists and pros
What you said is complete nonsense.

If you actually had 0 motivation you would NOT work (Unless some external force grabbed your arms and literally used you as a puppet to move the pencil around I guess, but then it wouldn't be really you drawing). What you call discipline is a type of motivation.
>>
Any ideas where to download James Gurney's Imaginative Realism ? Thanks!
>>
>>2437167
>its pretty much the exact same concept as going from unrendered 3d models to rendered, i don't know if there was a different term before computer rendering came around as i'm not that old.

I do believe they used the word rendering before 3d software, could be talking out of my ass but I'm pretty use even Loomis used the word.

It basically just means fleshing out the shading of an object after you have the construction / outlines down. It's just become a common synonym for CG in everyman parlance mainly because they don't really understand what it means.
>>
>>2437335
Not that anon, but no. Everyone here it's safe to say (outside some shitposters) wants to improve their art skills.What that anon said is true, what separates the people who make it from those who don't is a willingness to work even when you don't feel like it, which is discipline, not motivation.
>>
>>2437357
Like said, discipline = motivation

What you're saying makes no sense. Motivation = ANYTHING that makes you do something, whatever you want to call it, it's motivation if it made you do something.

If you have the discipline to "work even though you don't feel it" it just means your motivation to work is higher than the threshold needed to where you start working. Whatever feeling or emotion or feeling of obligation it came from, you were motivated enough to work.
>>
>>2437361
mo·ti·va·tion
ˌmōdəˈvāSH(ə)n/
noun
noun: motivation; plural noun: motivations

the general desire or willingness of someone to do something.

If I'm unwilling to do something (I don't feel like it, I don't particularly want to draw today), and I do it DESPITE that, then that's discipline. I don't see what you're not getting about this.
>>
>>2437366
>the general desire or willingness of someone to do something.
Dictionary agrees with me. "General desire" is pretty all-encompassing.

If you do something "despite being unwilling", you weren't really unwilling. You just had a low level of motivation, but still high enough to work.

If you failed to force yourself through discipline to do it, then you were really unwilling.
>>
>>2437368
Am I being trolled?

Sometimes I don't want to grind out 5 hours of drawing a day, the prospect makes me feel unhappy, and my brain will do almost anything to make me put it off. But I do it anyway because it must be done. I was generally unwilling.

When people talk about being "motivated" to do something, generally they talk about wanting to do something out of the blue, or to put it more simply being "motivated" to draw something means you want that more than other things at the moment. Being disciplined is doing drawing despite you wanting other things more.
>>
>>2437368
>>2437370
Also, "unwilling" doesn't mean "will not under any circumstances"

un·will·ing
ˌənˈwiliNG/
adjective
adjective: unwilling

not ready, !!!eager!!!, or prepared to do something.

I added some highlights for you there.
>>
>>2437371
Well dictionaries sometimes have several contradictory meanings listed for the same word.

"Not ready" sounds like a pretty hard negation to me.

"Not eager" isn't the same thing as "not ready".

Perhaps we should not use such an ambiguous word as "unwilling" if the semantics are that messy.

I still stick with "motivation" being the net sum of all the forces that drive you to do something, and discipline being one of those forces, not something that you replace motivation with.
>>
>>2437380
If we look back at the definition of motivation, we can see it as the "Desire" to do something. Do you really think I desire to spend 5 hours a day drawing? Do you think office workers desire to spend 8 hours a day doing spreadsheets?

You can use your definition if you want, but for most people "motivation" is being struck by the overwhelming desire to do something. You REALLY desire that specific thing.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YknZrUE1SGI
why cant i do this
is it because i bought the cheapest pastels?
or because the paper i bought was the cheapest and specific paper for pastels?
my lack of skill?
all of the above?
>>
>>2437422
not a specific paper for pastels*
>>
How do I blend colors digitally? Obviously it's not the same as actual paint.
>>
>>2437486
Depends on the software. There are painting applications that have those 'paint dynamics' where the paints mix. Using photoshop, it seems a good way is to just to pick a color from the edge of a stroke that's placed over an another color.

t. traditionalfag
>>
File: поехало.jpg (235 KB, 1031x865) Image search: [Google]
поехало.jpg
235 KB, 1031x865
Does anyone know how to remove this red lines?
the thing is that illustration was badly printed, so that red typographic film got misplaced.
I only discovered that these lines are in blue and green channel, red channel is clean of them, though i dont know what to do with it. Help please?
>>
How long should it take me to draw a still life in charcoal? Nothing major, a couple of fruits or one big one even, something like that. I'm still a beginner but it's taking me a lot of time, maybe 2 or so hours for one drawing. I tend to focus and redraw and evaluate everything again, should I be trying to do it quicker?
>>
>>2437564
If the times for portrait sketches in the same medium matter: 5 minutes for warm-ups, 20 minutes for longer, a hour for lots of stuff. Or you can render with a 0.1mm for 24h. Just picked it up while watching "Drawing from the Model" by Jeffrey Watts, no clue how accurate.

IMHO, head doesn't mean more complicated here, as they use formulas to improve the drawing process, which also speeds up the time a lot.
>>
why do my portraits look like sin against nature
do i need loomis?
>>
>>2437335
i think we have different understandings of what the words mean at least in the context of this board and how it's used.

people wake up and do shit all goddamn day they don't want to do but do it because they have to. paying a bill isn't motivation to do a shit job, it's a cost of living its shit you do because you have to or else.

jerking off feels good, so there is some motivations to do it, and it takes discipline to put it off for later. its the opposite for art where most of the time you are going to not have any motivation to do it and it takes discipline for your ass to do it regardless of how you feel.

there is probably a better term than motivation for this, but context in how words are used is everything.

>>2437244
proportion > clean lines > perspective > value > anatomy
there are probably more that fit into fundamental, but this is the way i would see it. proportion is everything in a drawing and is the first thing anyone sees as fucked up if its wrong, and clean lines gets up high because of how easy it is to do and how everything you do is a way to practice clean lines, perspective may be able to be pushed to the bottom because you can learn to do good work by eyeballing perspective and 100% perfect perspective while it would be nice, is retardedly time consuming for most tasks, knowing how to do the perfect perspective is important, but not necessary in day to day use unless you make it a required aspect (such as architectural work or technical drawings, or you are a moron and put the camera at a weird angle every single drawing putting the focus on perspective)
>>2437323
technically you cant draw anything 1 dimensionally.

>>2437370
i see this person kind of like a grammar nazi but for the literal "if its not in a book its not right" definition of words, unwilling to see the word in the context its being used.

>>2437422
exactly what is fucking up for you?
i would normally say you suck at color but you make it sound like something else
>>
File: vilppu stuff.jpg (63 KB, 306x230) Image search: [Google]
vilppu stuff.jpg
63 KB, 306x230
Anyone know where you can find demos of the pros gestures drawing? I know Master Academy youtube used to have several from Vilppu and among other artists doing 1 - 5 min gestures. There were neat, but taken down cause they became jews.

Anyone know where these type of videos are displayed, or perhaps if these vids were some how downloaded and uploaded somewhere?
>>
>>2437564
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dvy8DRaU62s

but really, as long as you need to, if you are doing this as practice, i would set a time limit and work within it.

>>2437592
because you are not good yet.

>>2437606
proko has a vilppu gesture,
then you have peers which has extensive artist videos but you may not know where to find them there
ru torrent place has pretty much everything private trackers do, sometimes more.
>>
>>2437605
>exactly what is fucking up for you?
>i would normally say you suck at color but you make it sound like something else
well for one my colors compared to hers are no where near as vibrant i guess thats because they are cheap
i cant seem to use white at all it just smudges the layer under it and makes it look bad and if i even as much as touch black pastel everything becomes black
>>
>>2437646

ok, i got ya

ok first off, note the black, not so much that she put it down, but the texture that is there, she is using a fairly light touch so you can see it, the paper has a fairly large tooth to it,
i have used pastels in the past, fuck knows if they were good, but ill tell you this the issues you are talking about come from toothless paper.

now, on the vibrantcy, it could be they are shitty and use less pigment, or it could be they just don't make that vibrant a pigment to begin with.

now, i want you to note how she uses that white, from green to read, it is a smudged mess, note the force she applies and how many times she goes over the same area to get it white.

now when it comes to black, make a value swatch, from white to black with 8 in between colors, and fill it in, learn what it takes to make something jey black and what it takes to add just a small hit of grey.

now, as for your materials,
i personally have a set of 12 jet black compressed charcoal sticks that are also labeled pastels, these motherfuckers even the lightest touch will turn shit impossibly black, these are what i use for getting shades 7,8,9,10 on a scale when i use charcoal to draw i could use them for lighter tones, but that would be more work then its worth, i bring these up partially to give you an idea what you may be working with, but to also tell you that the binder in your pastels may be different then what she uses, not worse, but different, these charcoal sticks will not smudge at all, well... that not true... but you are not smudging them to the point you don't see the line they were put down in. yours may be more oily or more powery, it all depends on the binder (i used some pastels that were just fucking crayons by a different name)

on a side note, if you have a paintbrush lying around, see if you can pick up some pigment dry brushing on the pastels and apply it with the brush, i know my charcoal sticks can do that, i find it fun to dry paint with.
>>
Can I gesture animals the same way I gesture humans?
>>
Should I actually read the text in Fun with a Pencil or just skip to exercises?
>>
File: 070 Skeleton of a dog.jpg (71 KB, 633x340) Image search: [Google]
070 Skeleton of a dog.jpg
71 KB, 633x340
>>2437670

depends on the animal I suppose, I generally sketch figure drawings from start of the head, guiding me through the spine to feel the movement of it, you could try mammals for starter
>>
>>2437692

give it a read, it is not so extent so there's nothing to loose
>>
>>2437651
oh wow thanks
>>
>>2437693
I see. I feel as though this may be possible with birds? I know Vilppu has a drawing guide on animals. Haven't look into yet as im told the book acts like a "part 2" in figure drawing, and he uses a lot of terms from his figure drawing book to convey his message.
>>
>>2437692
generally with art books, read it, skip pseudo science if there is any

some books that is all the text snas exercises, others you get to skip nothing.

>>2437670
no reason you can't little modifications here and there due to anatomy, but no reason you can gesture them much the same way.
>>
>>2434849
>>2434990
>>2434750
They are good solid pencils but you don't need so many different ones. Most people use 1 hardness as their main pencil and then have one or two harder and one or two softer for special occasions. I like 2B or 3B as my main one and I run through like 4 of those before I use up the other pencils.
>>
I'm trying to build a study schedule. Anyone got a list of exercises or anything that would help in doing this?
>>
File: cedric-peyravernay-prostitute01.jpg (354 KB, 1479x1142) Image search: [Google]
cedric-peyravernay-prostitute01.jpg
354 KB, 1479x1142
Anyone has any idea what kind of brushes did this fuck use? I can't get my paintings to look like that :(
>>
File: pendletontwins01_21884.nphd.jpg (44 KB, 620x332) Image search: [Google]
pendletontwins01_21884.nphd.jpg
44 KB, 620x332
>>2437847
these are really cool
>>
File: cedric-peyravernay-thugs01.jpg (290 KB, 1486x1111) Image search: [Google]
cedric-peyravernay-thugs01.jpg
290 KB, 1486x1111
>>2437856
yep
>>
>>2437847
>>2437856
>>2437867
absolutely love the art direction in Dishonored
>>
>>2437847
They look like a combination of square-/sharpedged and rough bristled nibs to me. The main thing that gives these images their look is that the strokes are all opaque, so you'd have to work at 100% opacity yourself to replicate something like it.
Also, I figure you may have a much easier time working from dark to light with these.
>>
>>2437101
Those are some sexy lines. How'd you get that gritty/toothy look to it?
>>
Any advice for good perspective on smaller pieces of paper?
On larger canvases I can lay things out at a distant and things are fine, but on smaller ones things warp way too much due to how close the vanishing points are to each other. Is there a way around this or do I just have to imagine them instead of being able to have hard vanishing points?

tldr how to vanishing point on small canvases?
>>
>>2438194
What helps for me is to put down the horizon line and two line to the vanishing points.
The lines to the vanishing points are low down on the paper, so there is a good amount of space between those lines and the horizon line.
That is where I put the lines for the actual drawing.

I estimate the angle of new lines with the help of the horizon line and the lines to the vanishing point I drew at the start.
>>
>>2437381
An office worker's primary motivation is money. I don't know what yours is but I doubt you actually hate drawing.
>>
Should I buy a cintiq 13hd or are there decent alternatives from cheaper brands?

I used to hear a lot of negative shit about the non-Wacom branded stuff. Have they improved in recent times, or are they still problematic?
>>
File: 1449168822593.jpg (175 KB, 1000x676) Image search: [Google]
1449168822593.jpg
175 KB, 1000x676
>>2437823
The basement dweller drawing schedule. Hope this works as a basis for you.
>>
>>2438280
The perfect schedule for those of us with an endless supply of Adderall or meth.
>>
Guys who are actually good, how long did you spend every day drawing/learning?
>>
I'm new to this digital thing. How large canvas should I use?
>>
File: watercolorpencils.jpg.jpg (47 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
watercolorpencils.jpg.jpg
47 KB, 1280x720
A pretty random question but I'm indecisive. I'm coming home from college for easter and I usually bring something small for family. My little sister likes drawing and painting so I thought I would get her some better quality stuff since parents usually buy her only very shitty crayons (not on purpose, they just don't art). I was thinking watercolor pencils or oil pastels. What do you think? Or would something else be better?
>>
I need help with my line confidence, what are some exercises to help with that?
>>
>>2438454

watch this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3lApsNmdwM
>>
>>2438448
>Or would something else be better?
a prismacolor set
>>
>>2438448
Watercolor pencils are a good idea if you buy a good set, but the cheap stuff can be frustrating. The Pentel oil pastels are surprisingly very decent and a set of 50 will only cost you a few dollars, so that's definitely a good buy.
>>
File: boopadoop.jpg (25 KB, 360x360) Image search: [Google]
boopadoop.jpg
25 KB, 360x360
>>2438448
probably one of the best cheap art supplies I've ever bought were pic related.

never tried any other brand of em, but these work pretty well. beware, 'cause they leak, but you can use the empty water brush for just about anything. And other sellers have the water pen sold seperately with different sizes, worth a shot to check out. only about 11-20 bucks depending on where you buy em from
>>
I'm going through keys to drawing, and on the second exercise (draw your hand pointed toward you) my eyes keep losing focus. Is it just because its late at night or do I probably need glasses?
>>
Any recommended gel pens preferably finer tip, looking at making lines around 0.3 or 0.5 Thanks.
>>
File: WP_20160312_13_36_50_Pro.png (404 KB, 546x972) Image search: [Google]
WP_20160312_13_36_50_Pro.png
404 KB, 546x972
How do I work towards making cleaner sketches?
>>
>>2438628
Be more thoughtful about the lines you put down, you don't have to agonize over them, just visualize what stroke you want/the shape it should define and try to get it in one or two passes.

A good "for instance" in your example is the butt on the figure on the right. I'm seeing a lof of short, flat, choppy lines in that area which you had to make multiple of just to get the rough shape of it. When you picture a line drawing of a butt in your mind's eye, do you see short, straight strokes or a curvy, round stroke?
>>
>>2438448
i-ill be your imouto if you buy me water color pencils onii-chan
>>
Is taking a 3 minute break every 30 min a good way to prevent RSI? I'm aiming to draw as much as I can, so maybe 4-5 hours per day?
>>
File: liepke.png (597 KB, 1349x681) Image search: [Google]
liepke.png
597 KB, 1349x681
Who are some of the better illustrators out there
>>
>>2439017
Loomis and Sargent.
>>
>>2439017
oops didnt notice the pic was like that
>>
File: tumblr_nwjtyhyzl41savgwko1_1280.jpg (472 KB, 1280x1811) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nwjtyhyzl41savgwko1_1280.jpg
472 KB, 1280x1811
How does one create a style?
There are just so many different kinds of art types I want to perform but they're all so different
Pic related, Takehito Harada (the artist of the Disgaea series) are some of my biggest inspirations to me, but I dont want to draw "anime", Toon yes, generic anime no
>>
>>2439025
And shit like this
I love the shading method in it
Its a god damn mess but its so appealing to me
>>
>>2438448
Oil pastels seem to be a bit of a love or hate thing. Pastel pencils might be another option to add to your list, they work nicely with water-based paints.
>>
File: 1437514243043.png (736 KB, 914x720) Image search: [Google]
1437514243043.png
736 KB, 914x720
>>2438571
>>2438569
>>2439031
Thanks for all the tips, I bought her a small 12 piece set of good quality watercolor pencils, sadly I don't have the budget for anything bigger but I hope she'll like them anyway. I looked for those water brush pens but couldn't find them anywhere, however I think could skip a few meals and get her a really good brush to go with the pencils. She only has those shitty school brushes.
>>
File: img_20150705_143630.jpg (68 KB, 620x620) Image search: [Google]
img_20150705_143630.jpg
68 KB, 620x620
>>2433480
Same anon again, came across the Pentel Fude Touch pen in a local office shop. Shit's just what I was looking for, like a brushpen with a flexible nib but still enough of a firm tip that it lets you sketch carelessly without worrying about pressing slightly too hard and fucking everything up in an instance. And no feathering like you'd risk with felt tips.
>>
>>2439150
no fraying* rather
>>
>>2439150
Damn pentel has so much different and cool shit, it just seems to me like they ship it at random. I can't fucking find all their stuff in one store, sometimes I walk into a random store and there they have a pentel pen I was looking for for a while and they have it nowhere else. This has happened multiple times where I would find pentel products that were sold literally in only one obscure shop in the city and nowhere else.
>>
>>2439167
if you ask they will get it for you unless they are dicks
>>
Since we are talking about brushes and brush pens, anyone got any pointers on developing good motor skills to ink with a brush/brush pen?
>>
>>2439197
How do you guys draw boxes without actually drawing in the vanishing points? Shits hard to keep consistent, then when you rotate them it all fucks up
>>
File: blend.png (371 KB, 1926x1080) Image search: [Google]
blend.png
371 KB, 1926x1080
How do I get the normal ol' Hard Round in Clip Studio Paint? Every brush I try seems to have weird unalterable blending effects tied to it; simply blending two colors together feels like a chore. Pic related.
>>
How the fuck can I accurately draw the shape of real life objects and reference? I think if I only could to the general shape I could do the rest.
>>
File: 1457815871995.png (19 KB, 233x348) Image search: [Google]
1457815871995.png
19 KB, 233x348
>>2439272
You have to click the wrench on the bottom (not the top, the top is different for some reason) then go to Ink and uncheck "Mix ground color". It's more realistic, but usually I just turn it off.
>>
>>2439274
Gaining more accuracy comes with practice, but it's good to remember you don't need copy things with atomic level accuracy. It's more important that the construction of your drawing is consistent with itself, i.e. that it makes sense as an object of its own than as an accurate copy of the original.
>>
>>2439272
All BRUSH tools are painting and smudging in the same time.

If you want to simply draw a fucking line select one of the pens or pensils.
Brushes - smudge
Pens thicksness depends on pressure
Pencils flow depends on pressure (you can easily disable it and it's just that dumb round)
>>
>>2439280
It worked! Thanks!
>>
How the fuck do I actually use this hampton book for figure drawing? There's no exercises and it just feels like it's throwing everything at you at once.
>>
>>2439357
Memorize the instruction. Practice a shitload.
>>
>>2439197
I only know that you hold them in a perpendicular position. And you probably want different brushes for different kinds of strokes. Clipped ones for lettering, long ones for long lines, short ones for sharp corners and broken lines.
>>
>>2439365
There isn't instruction though. It's like "these are the landmarks of the body, done".
>>
>>2439357
If it's like all the other books, then you can't. You need to have actual experience drawing people or do it from now on.
>>
How do I find an artist gf?
>>
>>2439760
Go to some place where female artists are and make one your gf.
>>
File: .jpg (170 KB, 1100x875) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
170 KB, 1100x875
>>2439763
see, thats my real question. Where do I find one? I heard art girls are on twitter and tumblr, so if I want to do one of those online-to-meet-irl relationships. And I think for real life, I have they would be at museums, art classes and what not.

But anyway, it seems the real trouble is if I do find an art girl on twitter, tumblr or deviantart, is how does one form a relationship with them?

They are definitely at art schools and colleges though. So, idk. Would have to like go near one.
>>
>>2439773
>even thinking about approaching girls online
Nigger, if you're a beta cuck I can't help you either.

Go to some art related place to catch them in real life if you're serious. Maybe just go on trains and draw girls randomly and see if one is interested in art.
>>
>>2439776
Its not that im a cuck. Its just that its very easy to find partners online, while its harder irl. Its sort of like finding a friend who browses /jp/ irl. But good advice; I should draw more irl, or look for any girls drawing irl.

But I thought art girls would be total neets, and go outside rarely though.
>>
>>2439784
Isn't it hard as fuck to find a girl online that lives near you that is into art? If you have a lot of art places in town I think it should be pretty easy to find girls that do art in real life.
>>
>>2439773
pls do not post lewd pictures of mai waifu
>>
>>2439793
Good Point. I seem to forget that location is everything. Especially when I get my career job. I do not know where the art girls are. ill have to search for an art meetup place.
>>2439799
okay
>>
File: stick girl.png (659 KB, 1181x1928) Image search: [Google]
stick girl.png
659 KB, 1181x1928
Is tracing an ok way to learn how to draw better? I have a terrible time getting my lines to look smooth.

Is there a way to make manga studio smooth out my lines the way adobe illustrator does?
>>
>>2439810
I don't see how tracing will make your lines better but if you think it can work than do it shamlessly.

Don't use crutches though, it will just hurt you in the long run. Look up some videos of people doing smooth digital lineart and see if you can learn a thing or two.
>>
>>2439810
It's always fine to trace, just don't think you're making art when doing it; you're learning. Make long, confident strokes.
>>
Is it bad if your end goal is to be able to do 10-20$ commissions? As in, the bottom of a "career" in drawing.

On one hand, I can see that, as a beginner, by not setting high enough goals, I'll restrict myself to what extent am I willing to improve/learn.
>"oh, this anatomy study wasn't the best, but it will do for now"

On the other hand, I feel like dreaming of becoming a big deal is something you shouldn't even think about as a beginner, cause it's a waste of time and unrealistic. But then again, if you don't have that dream, I don't think you'll ever reach it in the first place.

Which mindset is the healthiest one in the long run? Work towards very small goals and then decide if you want to step it up once you reach them, or have a big long-term vision and feed your motivation off that?

I'm trying to establish if my mindset is cancerous so I can either adjust or decide it's not for me. I see a lot of people who have been drawing for 15 years and their shit looks like middle school stuff. I'm afraid I'll fall somewhere along those lines and have this turn into a huge waste of time.
>>
>>2439810
Tracing will not do anything to your line quality

Just mass produce 3d shapes, simple and then complex, your lines will improve along the way as you learn construction, proportions, perspective, and measuring

Once you're good enough to produce a 3d shape, study human proportions, breaking it down. Study the overall figure proportions using VERY simple shapes, then get into each individual part and study it carefully.

Doing all this will improve your lines at the same time, it's mileage. You draw more and your lines will be more natural.
>>
>>2440103
This. Beginners worry about line quality for no reason. It's something that improves automatically with practice, any practice, but those other things are difficult things you need to consciously study.
>>
File: 7578575.jpg (180 KB, 973x1280) Image search: [Google]
7578575.jpg
180 KB, 973x1280
Pls somebody, help me i'm mentally blocked i don't know what to do now, i want to make the lights but i don't even know how to put a good light source.
>>
>>2440119
You draw that?
Full image, and maybe somewhere to follow?
>>
>>2440127
nope i didn't draw that just trying to color it
this is his/her tumblr
http://lagalamel.tumblr.com/
>>
File: 1457861822466-1787740911.jpg (2 MB, 4160x2340) Image search: [Google]
1457861822466-1787740911.jpg
2 MB, 4160x2340
So ive started reading fun with a pencil by andrew loomis. And so far ive been copying (practicing?) these. Not sure where its going. Dont get the patterns of whose shapes he is varying. Havent learned anything and im at expressions. What am I doing wrong? Please help? Am i not ready for the book yet?
>>
>>2440130
>i want to make the lights but i don't even know how to put a good light source.
I'm afraid you'll have to learn to draw before you can do that.
>>
>>2440154
>i am at expressions
This is what's wrong
You need to understand everything before you move on
Just because it's 20 pages of a book doesn't mean you should go through it like it were a generic book you read for the story
Understand assigning a correct axis to a sphere
Understand cutting it and adding basic facial features/landmarks of the chin, nose, mouth, eyes
Understand simplifying the planes in a lot of angles

Repeat the steps hundred times before you can do it by second nature, then you do the same from imagination

If people learned loomis by skimming through a book literally every living person would be a good artist
>>
>>2440155
well, i don't even know how to copy, then.. no, i can't draw.
>>
>>2440158
I think i get it. Thanks for the advice. Im gonna start over and not move on till the current step is second nature to me
>>
File: asdfdasfasdf.png (200 KB, 1313x857) Image search: [Google]
asdfdasfasdf.png
200 KB, 1313x857
how do you get your confidence back to draw stuff?
I had some really shitty things happen to me of late and after realizing that I will never ever do something worthwhile because I live in a shithole of a country (wanted to get into cartoons, but fuck me im 27) but whatever the point is I simply just can't get to finishing or doing things (like pending commissions) at all due to feeling like shit

I just want to break free of this block because I've been like this for about 2 months, and I always tend to fall for the same pathetic excuses, how do you move on anons?
>>
how do i learn draw

the wiki didn't help

the books did not help

help
>>
>>2440179
same problem here, i think is that i don't know where i do have to start, and i don't want to start in the wrong path.
>>
File: Yuffie.jpg (91 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
Yuffie.jpg
91 KB, 1000x1000
>>2439025
>>2439026
So I gave it a try, and I kinda like it
Just the colouring looks really fucked up to me, Inno
Its possibly the best drawing Ive finished I think, kinda sad when I think about it
>>
>>2440179
>>2440181
actually draw shit instead of spending time watching tutorials or reading bullshit, you probably even discuss about talent, tools and styles i bet

this craft is 99% about massive time investment, investing in practicing

if you can't do this and you're just starting, you should just stop now

>I don't know where to start
literally everything you do you need to improve upon, beginning is the easiest part because you'll suck at everything, so that's a good start, doing anything at all
>>
>>2440186
well i'm trying to paint fucking hair on a sexualized lamb and i fucking can't and i'm so frustrated i don't what the i have to do to not make shit.
>>
File: what the fuck man.gif (28 KB, 245x194) Image search: [Google]
what the fuck man.gif
28 KB, 245x194
>>
File: DBZ Tama.gif (33 KB, 358x200) Image search: [Google]
DBZ Tama.gif
33 KB, 358x200
More of a question for the guys who've been drawing for a few years, but did you ever stop flipping the canvas vertically/horizontally or is it just something that's part of the normal process now?
>>
File: howdoidigital.jpg (55 KB, 1118x909) Image search: [Google]
howdoidigital.jpg
55 KB, 1118x909
How do I digital? It seems that no matter what, I always keep doing these streaky lines when I try to render.
>>
>>2440207
Why stop using something useful? Makes no sense
>>
>>2440214
Watch Ctrl+paint.
You don't use the media right, that's why.
You can find Ctrl+Paint on cgpeers, other torrents or buy him if you feel like, that's a good course about principles behing digital painting.
>>
How the hell do I draw legs I'm having trouble drawing them to look like they're standing straight
>>
Not sure if this is the right board/thread to ask this but is anyone here on pixiv? I just got my first follower and don't know if I should backfollow or not. Nip culture is weird sometimes and I don't know if it's considered rude or expected.

Sorry if it's the wrong board don't know if I should ask that on /jp/ or something just direct me someone else if I'm wrong here.
>>
>>2439810
Manga Studio (5) has an entire brush settings page aimed at stabilisation and post-correction of brush strokes, dude. You could even just draw everything on a vectorized layer and then pinch and pull things back into place where it isn't.
>>
File: ss.png (230 KB, 622x602) Image search: [Google]
ss.png
230 KB, 622x602
How do I into faces?

The human body is easy to construct and lay down the muscles. But with the face idk what the hell to do. The muscles of the face don't leave much marks, especially when it comes to women's face. In fact idek if they even help shape the face or are just responsible for the expressions.

With the reiley method I can't draw female faces either. They look too manly and It feels like all the landmarks I put are useless cuz their faces are all soft anyway. Wouldn't be better to just study the fat tissues of the face instead, since they seem to be what shapes the face in the first place?
>>
>>2440775
>The human body is easy to construct and lay down the muscles

Post your work
>>
>>2440776
oh fuck off you know he meant easy to understand.
>>
Studied art for over 11 years when I was young and I haven't touch a pencil in almost 7 years, what can I do (guides, studies and lessons wise) to practice and to draw again?

I'm afraid I've lost my "talent, spark, whatever" forever
>>
How to get into commissions?

How much do you actually make drawing porn?

If you're a porn artist, do you set up a different name?
>>
>>2440853
Personally i was simply drawing my ass off until people started liking what i do and asking to do what they want.
I thought tht drawing a few hentai pics will make requests rain upon me but guess what?
No hentai requests or comissions ever, only sfw ones.
>>
>>2440859
It may be your style just isn't sexay inough
>>
>>2440839
>studied

Why did you even stop after 11 years? Also, if you already studied, you should know how to warm yourself up for drawing. Do what you always did - draw.
>>
>>2440859
>drawing your ass off
How did people end up contacting you? What websites did you upload regularly on? My instagram, tumblr, and dA are barely taking off right now. It's quite shameful desu. I never saw myself becoming a likewhore but I know it's absolutely crucial to have a following.
>>
File: tumblr_m9cwf8yMNx1qd236io1_1280.jpg (318 KB, 1280x1673) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m9cwf8yMNx1qd236io1_1280.jpg
318 KB, 1280x1673
Ok, /ic/ big question for you.

How much time and effort would it take to make a world where I can build my own stories/illustrations?
Think Magic the Gathering or Warhammer (40k or fantasy), or even WoW, StarCraft, etc etc

It would be sick to make a world where I was free to make my own stories and plotlines. Maybe even eventually creating a game from it (Card or video game). But before thinking to far ahead, I wanted your opinions on achieving this long term goal.
>>
Want to start with easy perspective landscape practise dont know how to start or where to find good reference also some tutorials would be swell
>>
>>2441235
None of the things you listed were made by a single person.

You can do what you want right now. Have a blast and go crazy - it's all yours. There is nothing stopping you RIGHT now from imagining those worlds for yourself.

Getting other people to care about them though - that is a lifetimes work. Thats why people team up.
>>
>>2432441
I am really lagging behind in terms of my value fundamentals, what books can I buy to learn more on the subject? What basic suppies should I get?
>>
>>2441347
don't know books on it, everything kind of covers value at some point though, desaturate images in photoshop to study.

as for what materials... traditional i recommend blick brand compressed charcoal sticks and some medium vine charcoal, i say blick brand because i have experiance with it and know it gets about as black as black can get, willow will handle everything from 2-6 while the compressed sticks 7-10 (1 being white or whatever the papers value is)

you can do this with pencil, but keep in mind you will not get black, you will at best get to an 8 or a 9

if you want to do it digitally, a swatch that has 11 black values 0-10-20-30-40-50-60-70-80-90-100% would get you by.
>>
Is Aguri's guide actually worth a shit?
>>
File: Capture.png (174 KB, 552x506) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
174 KB, 552x506
I'm trying to get my brush settings right.

I have the flow set to pen pressure, but when the stroke has low opacity I can clearly see spacing artifacts. Decreasing the spacing fixes the artifacts, but then my strokes lose their ability to define opacity as the overlapping circles push the opacity quickly to 100%.

What can I do to ensure that there's no spacing issues while keeping a responsive range of pressure for changing stroke opacity?
>>
>>2433522
If you cant tell what's the spark... You don't have the spark...
>>
>>2437906
I am guessing either charcoal or unsharpened pencil.
>>
I have a pretty big problem on Clip Studio.

I can remove the stablization just fine manually for each tools, when I use any of them, it's like the stabilization is still on when I keep the pen pressed (so when I want to draw). Can't find anything in the configurations.
>>
can anybody explain me this: when i feel inspired to draw something i just end up raging because i feel like i can't draw, but when i just draw cause i'm bored i end up doing something that seems okay for my level?
>>
I'm not sure how to ask this question, but do mediums work more appropriately for a particular subject matter? (Pencil, watercolor, oil, etc.)
>>
File: 97-02-60_2.jpg (575 KB, 1500x2036) Image search: [Google]
97-02-60_2.jpg
575 KB, 1500x2036
If I wanted to get a job working at Games Workshop or Wizards of the Coast, what do you think would be some pieces that I would show them?
They expect an artist statement and a Maximum of 5 images. So I know they have to be "knock out of the park" pieces.

But they wouldn't want to see, like, figure studies or preliminary work (Thumbnails, color studies, value studies, etc etc)

Would I have to create 5 or 6 kickass illustrations in the "look" that they're trying to achieve?
>>
There are pencils, erasers, pens and all kinds of art shit every-fucking-where on my table, cheapest way to keep them in one place and at least a little organized?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 60

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.