[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Damn, I got a problem
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3
File: Captkjkkure.png (3 MB, 1588x933) Image search: [Google]
Captkjkkure.png
3 MB, 1588x933
I went to the art store today and bought like +$300 worth of art supplies I dont need (pic related). Not the first time I do it. How do I fix this problem /ic? cant walk into an art store anymore... sigh got me some prismacolor and carbothello, and some cheap oil pastels too
>>
put it on ebay
>>
>>2423645
You use it. Fun fact, wheat paste and watercolour pigment mix very well. Use for coloured transparent paste in collage.
>>
have a budget
only take a certain amount of money with you
ask yourself if you really need it or can it wait
>>
>>2423645
oh nice craypas, that was the closest thing we had to paints when i was in HS. I used them all the time.

You did go overkill on pads but thats not a bad thing. You should have been wiser with your money. Idunno get to work i guess.

I have a stack of unused pads. Ive bought never used, some ive won in contests.
>>
>>2423645
you gonna draw comics or somethiing with those bristols
>>
Only go to the store if you have something you absolutely need and have a concrete plan to use that you are implementing/about to implement, not just an idea.

Make a budget and write a list of the supplies you need. ONLY if you have room in the budget may you buy one impulse item.

Keep the receipt and familiarize yourself with the shop's return policy. If you don't use the supply within the return window, return it. It's money back in your pocket and you can always buy it again later if you find yourself in need.
>>
>>2423645
Your own fault for bringing 300 bucks
Which i think is a lie
>>
FUCK OFF RICH KID D: <
>>
>>2423748
not a kid
>>
>>2423645
do some art fag, i wish i could get a third of that stuff in my country
>>
>>2423812
where you located?
>>
>>2423645
I feel you, but I'm not a rich kid. It frustrates me as nothing else. I just stare at the shit I just bought and say to myself

>I wish I was good enough
>I have everything to make art
>But I can't

Really sad. Only thing I can tell you is stay the fuck away from art stores.
>>
File: yhxGteKw.jpg (71 KB, 470x609) Image search: [Google]
yhxGteKw.jpg
71 KB, 470x609
>>2423645
give it to me
and if youer a grill iwant marry you
>>
What's keeping you from using it ya twat?
>>
op here, im in love with the nupastels thinking of going back and getting the 96 set
>>
>>2423945

>not stealing everything you need
>>
>>2423645
If you want to send those pastels or hopefully those colored pencils to me I would love you. I'm poor. .... [email protected]
>>
>>2423645
You can always try using it, bruh. If not, donate it to some poor artists.

I'm proud of myself. I picked up my supplies list yesterday and didn't get anything I didn't need, which is good because the list of shit I needed was loooooooooooong
>>
Ay if you don't need/use them, drop me a line,my email is [email protected], I could really use them op.Thanks
>>
File: 1399402847175.png (53 KB, 201x216) Image search: [Google]
1399402847175.png
53 KB, 201x216
I compulsively buy a new sketchbook every few months even though I haven't completed a single one.

So now I just have a bunch of sketchbooks with a year's worth of drawings spread out between them, and I'd have actually filled some if I'd just kept it in one damn book.
>>
>>2428385
I think a lot of artists tend to do that. I've got tons that aren't complete. Some of which I feel weird drawing in now because the previous art in them is all dookie.
>>
>>2428593
same
>>
>>2428385
I have a simple moleskin that I take with me everywhere I go, I fill it up and then buy a new one.

there must be a reason you're buying new sketchbooks, is it because you don't like the drawings you did in your previous one?

If that's the case:
A. stop treating your sketchbook like it's a work of art.
B. Fill up every inch of the page with drawings/notes/whatever the more you fill a page the more the page will be interesting to look at, even if the drawings are shit. it's also just much more satisfying to see a filled up page.
>>
>>2423645
Practice self-control
>>
>>2423645
Have you opened everything already? Just take back whatever you're not going to use along with the receipt, that'd be perfectly acceptable in my country at least.
>>
I had a similar problem. I couldn't go into an art or hobby store without buying shit I might possibly have a use for sometime, especially if it's on sale. I only stopped a couple of months ago when I lost my source of income. Now that I'm broke and not constantly on the hunt for more junk, I've finally been able to sit down and actually use the stuff I've hoarded.
But I guess if you don't want to wait until you're flat broke, just stop going to art stores until you've used up what you have.
Oh and if you can't use what you have because you need to have just one more shade or medium or pen or whatever; No. You don't need it. Just get to work.
>>
>>2423645
just go to art store and return it faggot
>>
>>2423645
> spends this much regullarlly on Brushes and canvas.. anon thinks he has a "problem"

nothing wrong with buying anon as long as your not missing car payments or something it's fine i just discoverd those stabillos my self.
>>
I want those stabilo pencils OP
>>
spend 300 on a tablet. wow instant unlimited supplies
>>
>>2441396
digital is shit for unskilled retards
>>
>>2441396
>digital
Kill yourself
>>
>>2441691
>>2441895
Ha.

You will never make it.
>>
>>2423645

From now on don't buy art supplies from anywhere but the dollar store. Git gud with dollar store art supplies and then you can treat yourself to the good stuff.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.