[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Various poses/etc come up, how would I learn to draw these? I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: ref 27.jpg (56 KB, 640x512) Image search: [Google]
ref 27.jpg
56 KB, 640x512
Various poses/etc come up, how would I learn to draw these? I can somewhat visualize a pose, but that goes for thousands of different poses/angles but I can never draw them accurately. How does one go about learning to draw all these various poses? Is it practicing that one pose over and over till it's ingrained? Or is there a way to generalize ?
>>
>>2341167
read the sticky. Gesture drawing. god damn you.

theres a question thread btw.
>>
>>2341171
Not OP but what the hell are we supposed to discuss? If questions go in the question thread and beginner stuff goes in the beginner thread thats like 70% of the board. it just seems like every other comment is telling people where their questions and stuff should go.
>>
>>2341191
Because that is where they should go. Your argument is what? You want the board to be messier?

Fucking what.
>>
File: 1418065172183.png (751 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1418065172183.png
751 KB, 1280x720
I have that same problem as OP. While I can apply anatomy to a gesture, my gestures from imagination are meh at best.
>>
>>2341231
From what I've been trying so far is essentially keep practicing from reference at experiment with creating stuff from imagination further on down the line. Also, if available, life drawing classes or sessions are invaluable.
>>
When you draw gestures, study how limbs fall, where the nuances of hand shape and weight fall... Study natural people..

Once you draw enough, once you get a stronger idea of how people stand, you'll be able to fashion poses on your own that look natural because you'll know inside and out how people move naturally.

tldr: DRAW MORE.
>>
>>2341191
questions that require multiple peoples opinions and actually create a discussion as opposed to a question where there is a right answer already written in the sticky.

TLDR: Opinion questions:
Singular Thread
Technical questions: Question thread or accompanied by image
>>
>>2341167
I've been doing such practice about Anatomy and poses. And still can't get a hang of it. After I shift to another thing to practice. I tend to forget those standards on making poses. It tend s to decrease my competence to draw.
>>
>>2341290

Try finishing things. And not focusing for days on just feet or hands. Draw different poses, and in between do a hand or two and more whole poses so you keep using what you practiced while aquiring new knowledge.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.