[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are your thoughts on this guide? Has anyone here tried
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: Curiousity_by_fool.png (18 KB, 291x200) Image search: [Google]
Curiousity_by_fool.png
18 KB, 291x200
What are your thoughts on this guide? Has anyone here tried it? Anything better you'd recommend?

http://documents.mx/documents/pjdbbd.html
>>
>>2328719
Why is there no pics in that version?
https://onedrive.live.com/view.aspx?resid=E06DB73ECC23E4EF!679&ithint=file%2codt&app=Word&authkey=!AD8ifQUs5NTi40Y
here's the one i have
>>
I feel like 100 posts about this will be made especially once the new year starts. Should we just get a thread for this so that we can keep it in one spot but also have some sort of way of tracking progress with one another? Could call it year long fundamentals thread or something like that but I doubt images of the perspective course will be exciting and not many people will stick through even that.
>>
I'm now at term 2. Completely fucked up in term1, cuz i was a lazy shit, but now I adjusted it to my likings more.
Gonna have a one month term of manmade objects after this term. Tbh term 1 was just getting the right mindset for me
>>
I mean, the guide is fine. It gives you a basic understanding as what you should be tackling through your drawing journey. Chances are, you're going to acquire other books as well to work on more personal weaknesses, but other wise any guide will do.
>>
>>2328781

The perspective stuff is a test of endurance. I doubt 90% of those on board with the idea will see through it to the end.

I made a thread once on the perspective class recording my notes (you can search on archive). It took me 5 weeks to finish and lots of note taking so I understand everything in and out. Nobody probably has as much autism as I do to that that detailed notes.
>>
>>2328871
Ah, I know I didn't feel as though it was too much during Erik Olson's lectures. I like the way he approaches perspective, and gave some really helpful techniques. But then again, I saw each lecture twice while mincing the exercise and taking notes.

As for what this anon is saying >>2328781
Honestly, the only real way to test that would be via through some kind of skype group.
>>
>>2328873
>skype group

lmfaoooooooooOOoooOoo not even once

If one is made kick anyone who shitposts.
>>
>>2328880
That's the problem.
It'll either turn into a bunch of shit posters, or just a bunch of people who don't bother drawing and chat about LoL all day, or something of that matter.

Every skype group I've been involved with art has been like this, even outside of IC.
>>
File: 1411766237349.gif (720 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1411766237349.gif
720 KB, 200x200
Fuck it, I'll give it a try. Haven't read much other than Right Side of the Brain and a few other books here and there. Seems like a good guide, so why not?
>>
>>2328873
Erik Olson was a bit too tedious for me. I decided to sub that for Marshall vandruff's course on perspective. Just moved onto Scott Robertson's book recently.
>>
>>2328719
who exactly is aguri?
>>
>>2329403
Would anyone else recommend this? I've heard good things about it but not sure if it's a good replacement for Erik olsons course.
>>
>>2329983
>Replacement
Nothing wrong with doing both. They each have their own methods.
>>
>>2329983
Sycra recommends the vandruff course as well, so I'd say it's worth a shot.
>>
>>2328719
learning perspective like that is useless, just keep drawing a lot and think of 3d space and perspective will come more naturally
>>
>>2333391
Sycra is shit.
>>
>>2335084
He might have a shitty style but I'm sure he knows what he's talking about when it comes to fundamentals.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.