[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which one would be better to draw professionally, Wacom Pro Large
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: wew_lad.png (1 MB, 1399x666) Image search: [Google]
wew_lad.png
1 MB, 1399x666
Which one would be better to draw professionally, Wacom Pro Large or Cintiq?

If Cintiq, which one of them? There are so many models of it and I just cant decide between them
I cant afford the latest one but some earlier models sure, my budget for a tablet is around 2000 euros

Which would be the best choice?
>>
no one here has money because everyone here is an artist
>>
cintiq 22 or 13
>>
>>2327016
I have a 24HD. I tried the 22 in the store two years ago when I was buying it. They feel the same, its just the size difference. Buying any of them is good. Im not sure about the smaller model and the companion as they are really small so might not be a good investment compared to an intuos or some alternative screen drawing tablet (there are some korean and chinese manufacturers which aint so horrible I heard). I got wacom mainly because I didn't wanna worry if its gonna break down in a few years.
>>
>>2327021
I have supportive parents
they'll pay half of whatever tablet I might buy
>>
>>2327066
22HD seems to be a good choice
>>
>>2327016
24HD gets a lot of flak for bad color and slight differences in calibration to the 22
>>
>>2327016
the image triggers me
fuck the left image but the right image is definetely generic crappy commissioned concept art shit; formulaic composition, safe value choices and texture copout
god i hate concept artists, coming up with ideas shouldn't be a paid job with a goal as shit as appealing to mediocre/common denominator as per your employer's request

youtube concept art school promoters talk all about achieving creativity and what do they actually produce? one safe-played environment design after another to appease the customers

wasted fucking potentials
>>
>>2327016
the left is kekable but the right image is an ugly, blown out pos. Pretty gud bait/10?
>>
>>2327016
Fuck Phil Fish, that talentless SJW hack.
>>
File: Untitled-8.jpg (106 KB, 995x827) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-8.jpg
106 KB, 995x827
I have a Intuos 5 Large and it's fantastic. I might be biased against Cintiq because I had previously purchased a Cintiq 12wx and it was terrible in myriad ways (in all fairness, I just could have gotten a bad one). After some practice, drawing on the Large is buttery smooth (especially with the obligatory surface cover) and highly accurate. Its only weakness is how much desk real estate it takes up.
>>
>>2327230
MY FUCKING DIIIIIIIIICK ANON!

You're doing god's work my friend
>>
File: large.jpg (77 KB, 630x566) Image search: [Google]
large.jpg
77 KB, 630x566
>>2327232
Thanks famalam

>>2327016
To elaborate on what I've already said, one problem with the large is that it's large, bro. It's a good inch and a half deeper than my 17 inch laptop and about two and a half inches wider. Because of that, if your desk is narrow you will have a hell of a time making it fit on there alongside your monitor and keyboard if you're using a desktop, and you probably don't want this thing sitting on your lap all day.

I would definitely keep in mind that the Cintiq Companion 3 may very well be announced sometime in first-quarter 2016 and released soon after if the pattern with the previous models is any indication (Original Companion came out in September 2013 or something like that, Companion 2 in January 2015 if I recall correctly). That is something that I'm definitely keeping tabs on, myself.
>>
>>2327387
Cintiq takes around the same amount of space, and upwards
>>
File: youngpeople.jpg (82 KB, 560x374) Image search: [Google]
youngpeople.jpg
82 KB, 560x374
>>2327120
That's simply because nowadays young people can git gud very quickly in terms of skill and craft, but they can't fake life experience. They've generally seen less, experienced less, and therefore they have limited creativity. Also most conceptartist, are gamers or former gamers and want to create what they know and like so they are staying in their comfort zone, which is exact opposite of what creative person should be doing.
>>
>>2327604
Yeah but a Cintiq can replace a monitor. The Intuos Large is just a big fat flat piece of shit but it's definitely the best nom-cintiq tablet if you can work the logistical problems out.
>>
>>2327120
>fuck the left image

I'm from the same country as the artist who made that and desu you just can't judge it in the same way you draw illustrations. Your view of aesthetics must be too narrow if you can't at least fathom how somebody would find that interesting or intriguing.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.