[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Graffiti
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (449 KB, 1146x1933) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
449 KB, 1146x1933
So i recently got into graffiti, i make a few sketches every day, but i still cant get the hang of "getting your own style"
Ive read guides and watched videos, ive been with friends who painted with me in the presence etc etc

So how do i addapt to my own style?

Also i find it really hard to paint irl, as ive laid 6 pieces where only two of them turned out decent, can it depend on the surface? Because the 2 nice ones were on a brick wall, where the rest were painted on a bulky metall wall or a wooden wall, so is that is surface material important?

Also when painting irl i just cant get the outlines and shades right, all i do is just fill the letters with the paint i want, then i use black/whatever as an outline bit it just turns out ugly

Also lets have a general graffiti thread
>>
>>2581333
Alright friendo, full disclosure.
I don't do graffiti.
But my dad did, and here's what he said.
Short story? It's wack, and you seem like a toy.
Long story? It's obvious that you're copying from other people, and thats fine. The copying, not the explicitness of it. You don't understand basic design concepts, like keeping your lines parallel or legibility. Your drawings are too sharp to be a bubble letter throw ups (concerning those that should be.)
Really, all that he likes is the arrow coming down from the a in TAM (or is it TAW?).

My suggestions are that you work on line confidence, colour theory and composition. Also, assuming you're not underageb& like I am, pick yourself up a set of acrylic markers and a set of copics, so that your colours are cleaner.
To start, look up how to design fonts and watch https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vnFdYksnqo
>>
>>2581431
Great video! And great advice
Im aware that im a biting toy, but thats hopefully just for now
Also, your dad seems like a baller big props to him
>>
File: FullSizeRender.jpg (646 KB, 3929x2684) Image search: [Google]
FullSizeRender.jpg
646 KB, 3929x2684
>>2581431
Oh yeah, and pic, my dads.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.