[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Swamp Quest
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /i/ - Oekaki

Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 40
File: SWAMP QUEST.png (232 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
SWAMP QUEST.png
232 KB, 500x500
You are one of the Demi-Gods, created to shepherd the mortals. For thousands of years you have been trapped inside a stone idol, your memories of how you found yourself here are broken and scattered. The land around you leeched your power, and has been transformed into a great and terrible swamp. With each passing decade, however, the seal keeping you trapped inside your stone prison weakens. It is only a matter of time before you are once again freed upon the world.
>>
File: Lineage.png (228 KB, 600x1008) Image search: [Google]
Lineage.png
228 KB, 600x1008
While your memory has been removed, you still retain enough of yourself to remember your lineage and Identity.

Choose which gods gave birth to you. You can choose the same god twice (IE: your mother was a god of Death and Chaos, and your Father was a god of Death and chaos).

Your lineage will help determine your physique, appearance, and godly powers.

Choosing your gender is a purely aesthetic option, but it can affect how certain mortals and monsters react to you.
>>
party and chaos.
>>
>>460188
Mother: love and beauty
Father: death and chaos
Gender undefined
>>
>>460191

Second it.
>>
>>460191
Third it.
>>
War, Death, Gender is SLAYER
>>
File: WHO ARE YOU.png (65 KB, 600x334) Image search: [Google]
WHO ARE YOU.png
65 KB, 600x334
Your mother was a Goddess of love and beauty, who resides in the holy city of the gods.

Your father was a God of death and chaos, who rules over the mysterious void

Which of these options sounds most like you?

(1) You have inherited your mother's tender innocence and capacity for love, along with your father's mischievous nature and destructive power. You are an adorable, impish creature, with a playful but sometimes dangerous personality.

(2) The only gift your mother has given you is a vaguely humanoid form; you are truly your father's child. You are a deadly creature sprung forth from the void, with a large, powerful, yet lithe frame, and a penchant for violence.

(3) You have inherited your mother's form and beauty, along with her understanding and capacity for love. Your formative years were comfortably spent in the city of the gods, but the void has clearly touched your heart, and the malicious duality of your lineage haunts you still.
>>
>>460197

ONE!

I love his design!
>>
>>460197
One is cute but two is really interesting

Jeeze
>>
>>460197
I vote number three based mambo
>>
File: FREEDOM.png (210 KB, 500x700) Image search: [Google]
FREEDOM.png
210 KB, 500x700
After all this time, with most of your memory stolen by the great swamp, you still remember the faces of your parents, and you still clutch to your sense of self.

Millenia have passed, but the walls have finally begun to crumble. At long last, light pours into your prison from the outside world, and you are drawn back to the the land of mortals...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cb0-Opnx4Kk
>>
File: FREE AT LAST.png (186 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
FREE AT LAST.png
186 KB, 600x400
You awake in a small clearing. The only sounds you can hear are song birds, and the very distant roar of swamp beasts.

Light escapes from the canopy and shines down on you. It is the first shred of warmth you have felt in an incomprehensibly long amount of time. You are on your hands and knees, clutching the the grass, feeling the cold dew on your hands and the pleasant sun rays baking your back. You cry for a very long time.

Finally you get your wits about you. You stand on your own two feet, another first since your imprisonment, and examine yourself. You are currently a [LVL1 DEMIGOD], tired from your ordeal and drained of your god-like powers, you are no more or less powerful than the average mortal. You decide to survey your surroundings.

Directly in front of you is the seal that has been keeping you trapped inside the stone idol. Beyond that, what looks like a magician's robe draped over a bundle of sticks. It appears to be immobile.

You are interrupted by a voice coming from behind you.

"HEY! You aren't supposed to be outside!"

The stone idol's face has become animated "GET BACK IN HERE!" It wobbles slightly, maybe an attempt to chase you, but it seems immobile for the most part.

It has severe cracks in it, they seem to be magical in nature. As it moves, little bits easily crumble off, and you can even hear a fragile rasp in it's voice. It seems time has made your tormentor very delicate. It wouldn't take very much effort to... y'know...
>>
>>460225
Verify if the robe is safe, and examine if it has any useful powers. If its both safe and useful, you might as well wear it.

Flip the bird to your tormentor. Before/after/while you ask him some questions about why you were stuck is up to you.
>>
File: The magician.png (86 KB, 400x560) Image search: [Google]
The magician.png
86 KB, 400x560
>>460226
You check the robe. The garment is safe, but of little use, and crumbles a bit when you inspect it. It has been here for a very long time.

Inside the pockets, however, is a letter addressed to you and a map.

The letter is from a warlock, who once worshiped your father. The letter details a vision he had from the master of the void, telling him to rescue you.

He laments his lack of power, and how the spell he would have had to use to free you would sacrifice his body to the swamp, and destroy his mind. Over the centuries, as he focused the spell, his body contorted into the shape you see before you. He sacrificed his own life to give you a chance at freedom. He wishes he could have met you in person.

The letter also details how you should visit the witch of chaos, who may be able to help you regain your lost memories. She lives in a giant tree, a short ways to the south.

The garment is of no use. You decide to leave it as it is.
>>
File: Swamp Map.png (93 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Swamp Map.png
93 KB, 500x500
>>460227
You examine a hastily scribbled map of the swamp included with the letter
>>
File: FUCK YOU.png (56 KB, 400x413) Image search: [Google]
FUCK YOU.png
56 KB, 400x413
>>460226
You demand the idol tell you the circumstances of your imprisonment, but it spews an ugly cackle at you instead. "You MORON! why would I tell you ANYTHING!"

"You think you're free!? HA! The gods probably already know you've escaped, and they've probably sent more demi-gods to come back and put you back inside me! That's where you belong, you animal! And when they get here, I'LL TELL THEM EXACTLY WHERE YOU'VE HEADED, YOU IDIOT! Even if they don't imprison you again, you're easy pickings for the swamp beasts! I hope they tear you apart, and suck out your eyes, and blah blah blah..." the statue hurls a ceaseless barrage of threatening, violent insults at you.

You flip it the bird.
>>
>>460229
Punch that jerk in the face and start heading for the witch's house
>>
>>460229

Give him a hug and tell him "Did someone hurt you"?
>>
>>460238

And then crush him with a sledge-hammer.
>>
File: SLEDGE HAMMER.png (1020 KB, 3000x3100) Image search: [Google]
SLEDGE HAMMER.png
1020 KB, 3000x3100
>>460234
>>460238
>>460239

You attempt to give the idol a friendly hug. just as you get within reach, it attempts to bite your face.

You react by throwing a mean right hook, a move you call "the sledgehammer". The idol crumbles to dust very easily under the strike, it feels more like brittle plaster than stone. It lets out one final, horrified shriek as the enchantments giving it life fade away.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g93mz_eZ5N4
>>
File: SLEDGE HAMMER.png (125 KB, 500x516) Image search: [Google]
SLEDGE HAMMER.png
125 KB, 500x516
>>460256
(oh jeeze, forgot to resize, my bad)
>>
File: Goodbye magician.png (184 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
Goodbye magician.png
184 KB, 600x400
>>460258
You gain [30 BRC] (blood red coins) from destroying the idol.

You pay your respects to the warlock that gave his life to save you, and continue on your quest to find the chaos witch...
>>
File: whoops its me.png (43 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
whoops its me.png
43 KB, 450x450
Hey it's me, yer ol' pal Mambo. B)

That was a good opening I think. I hope u guys are enjoying this, it's gonna be a fun adventure. I'll have a new part up tomorrow. Any questions/comments/ideas leave e'm here.
>>
>>460264
I love you
>>
>>460264

Nothing, I just here to bump this thread.
>>
File: 1443153122817.jpg (23 KB, 242x206) Image search: [Google]
1443153122817.jpg
23 KB, 242x206
>>460264
Is this going to be one of those things that lasts, like, a week before dying? Cause I don't think I could handle that, man.
But if you do give up, could you at least, like, give me some closure by saying a special codeword, like, C H A S E T H E S H A G M O B I L E?

It would make me feel a lot better. Thanks man.
>>
File: The Fog.png (105 KB, 500x516) Image search: [Google]
The Fog.png
105 KB, 500x516
>You have 30 BRC
>Your HP is 10/10
>Your MP is 0/0

You step out of the clearing, and start heading in the direction the map tells you. As soon as the clearing is out of sight, a thick fog rolls in. The ground changed from soft grass to sluggish moss, and with each step your boots sink into the soggy mess, making your trek slightly more exhausting.

You've been walking for an hour when you see a very large shadow suddenly appear in the distance, and hear a muffled argument.

You don't think whatever creature is waiting in the fog knows you're there. What should you do?
>>
>>460288
I read that in shaggy's voice
My continuation of it relates heavily on reader's interest. Stay vocal, folks. If I do ever plan on dropping it, though, I will certainly employ that safe word, so you may disengage emotionally at your leisure.
>>
>>460338

You should yell at him/her and asks him "WHO ARE YOU"!

While keeping up your guard.
>>
>>460338
Approach carefully.
>>
File: BUG TIME.png (173 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
BUG TIME.png
173 KB, 600x400
>>460342
You call out to the shadow, demanding it reveal itself. to glaring sets of red eyes face you, as the fog begins to dissipate.

A path is revealed before you. In the distance you can make out the branches of a great, dead tree. That must be home to the chaos witch.

Two humanoid mushrooms[LVL1 MONSTER] stand before you , and one of them is riding what appears to be a giant stag beetle [LVL5 MONSTER].

The rider smirks at you "Well, lookie what we got errselves here! A lil' impp'jit! Whaddaya think we should do with i'm, brother Jeb?"

The other mushroom seems disgruntled "Well, brother Enis, seein' on account of what we're runnin' a toll booth an' all, we should prob'ly charge e'm a toll!"

The rider, Enis, fixes his menacing gaze on you. "Hear that, pardner? Iff'n ya wanna continue on this here highway, ya need to pay our toll of five blood coins!"

Jeb snaps at his brother "I keep tellin' you, ya idgit, five's way too low! FOURTY! We'd make more collectin' FOURTY coins from folks, each!"

"And I keep tellin' YOU, ya im-be-cile, ain't so way these simple swamp yokles gonna have fourty coins on e'm! We'll end up havin' ta turn evryone away and we won't make no money!"

The two are screaming at each other now, arguing over how much the toll should be. As they raise their voices, the stag beetle is becoming more agitated.

You could try to fight your way past them, or try and negotiate a fair toll. You could also keep moving and find another way around.
>>
>>460366

Kill the mushroom on top of that bug and quickly take control of that bug.

Then kill his brother if he tried to attack you.
>>
>>460385
Seconding this.
>>
File: Oh sheet.png (129 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Oh sheet.png
129 KB, 500x500
>>460385
The mushroom is too busy arguing with his brother to notice your oncoming attack.
>>
File: OG SHEET.png (170 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
OG SHEET.png
170 KB, 500x500
>>460448
>>
File: OOAAHHH SSSHHHIEEET.png (182 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
OOAAHHH SSSHHHIEEET.png
182 KB, 500x500
>>460449
The mushroom loses his balance on the saddle and crumples to the ground. His brother is shocked, and the Giant Stag Beetle is beginning to panic.
>>
File: Whelp.png (134 KB, 550x458) Image search: [Google]
Whelp.png
134 KB, 550x458
>>460450
The stag beetle stampedes down the path, you can't control it. At least it's... heading in the right direction?

Enis' shrieks of pain fade into the distance. Jeb chases you for a short while, but you eventually outrun him.
>>
>>460451
shit mang.

Bump.
>>
>>460451
Where are we going, Mombomaster
>>
>>460451
Name the Stag Beetle Jerusalem, cause that boy's a shekel-spawning machine.
>>
>>460538

There something on his head.

He is probably abused by his owners.
>>
File: Wait a sec.png (96 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Wait a sec.png
96 KB, 500x500
The beetle eventually brings you out of the fog bank. It gives you an opportunity for some rest.

As the tree comes into view, the beetle slows down. Finally, it climbs over the last hill, and collapses. It seems too domesticated to have any interest in fighting you, and begins to sleep.

You look over the land in front of you and- wait. You check your map, and this certainly isn't on there...
>>
File: The lake.png (104 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
The lake.png
104 KB, 500x333
The great tree is in the middle of a massive, black lake. Your best guess is that the lake must have formed in the centuries since the map was drawn.

Along the shore is a small wharf and a fishing shack. There seems to be some activity going on there.
>>
>>460739
Investigate the activity at the fishing shack whilst remaining unseen
>>
File: The Wharf.png (102 KB, 500x332) Image search: [Google]
The Wharf.png
102 KB, 500x332
>>460745
You sneak down the beach, taking the time to go the long way around. You manage to slink around the back of the shack, the two people fishing off the end off the wharf are too preoccupied to notice you.
>>
File: A LADY APPEARS.png (95 KB, 500x332) Image search: [Google]
A LADY APPEARS.png
95 KB, 500x332
>>460798
Before you can plan your next move, you are very startled as a woman [LVL3 MORTAL] turns around the corner. She clearly never expected to see anyone there.

She chuckles as you jump in surprise. Realizing you might be embarrassed, she lowers her tone a bit. "Oh, uh, hello there little friend! Is there anything I can help you with?"
>>
>>460799
Ask about the witch.
>>
>>460802

Second that.

Also add on, Warn her about the dangerous mushrooms.
>>
>>460799
Say "Ayo gurl lemme holla at chu. Can I get yo numba?"
>>
>>460799
rape her
>>
>>460812
>>460832
Rape then holla at her
>>
>>460802
>>460807
thirding
>>
>>460850
>>460832
>>460812
These. Seconded.
>>
>>460832
how about we dont
>>
>>460939
Sh
>>
File: zoinks.jpg (8 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
zoinks.jpg
8 KB, 259x194
I say we, like, get something to eat. Cause I'm starving.
>>
File: MMM YOU BET.jpg (8 KB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
MMM YOU BET.jpg
8 KB, 320x180
>>460946
MMM YOU BET
>>
File: Yowzers.jpg (7 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
Yowzers.jpg
7 KB, 480x360
>>460947
Zoinks! Like, I was thinking more a sandwich, not Roast Beef!
>>
C H A S E
T H E
S H A G M O B I L E
>>
File: Recycle picture.jpg (82 KB, 658x535) Image search: [Google]
Recycle picture.jpg
82 KB, 658x535
>>460952
C H A S E
T H E
V E L M O B I L E
>>
>>460956
Vel done
>>
File: Reah!.jpg (86 KB, 1067x800) Image search: [Google]
Reah!.jpg
86 KB, 1067x800
>>460956
R A C E
T H E
R A G M O R E E L
>>
File: burgerpants.jpg (118 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
burgerpants.jpg
118 KB, 1000x1000
c h a s e

t h e

s h a g m o b i l e
>>
>>460187
For fucks sake Mambo, every fucking time you try to make a CYOA you abandon it halfway through? Why even bother? You put so much effort in and then give up, why?
>>
File: Ayo girl let.png (106 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
Ayo girl let.png
106 KB, 600x600
>>460812
You strike a rad pose.

"Ayo gurl l-"
>>
File: well fuck.png (107 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
well fuck.png
107 KB, 600x600
>>461808
Fuck.
>>
File: CALM DOWN.png (122 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
CALM DOWN.png
122 KB, 600x600
>>460802
>>460807
The woman introduces herself as Willow.

You decide to save face by telling her about those monsters you beat up.

She flexes and tells you not to worry about monsters, her family are the ones responsible for keeping the path leading to the nearest town safe from the swamp beasts. Willow explains herself and her father came down here because they heard of some pesky mushroom men trying to tax travelers on their way to the old man's fishing hut.

She doesn't know anything about a witch but she assures you if she saw one she'd punch it, right in the tit, until it was dead, and you would be perfectly safe.

She begins to shadow box, to show of her moves. You aren't quite sure what to make of that.
>>
File: watch me swooce right in.png (74 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
watch me swooce right in.png
74 KB, 450x450
>>460946
>>460947
>>460948
>>460952
>>460956
>>460957
>>460965
>>461545
>>461807
Sometimes people lash out when they're afraid. It's okay. I'm here now.

Sometimes my job demands extended periods of time from me, with very little notice. I'm sorry if you all thought I abandoned you. I will do my best to update Swamp Quest every second day while I'm here.

I know my next outing in advance this time, and I will be absent for the last 2 weeks of December.

Thank you all for not letting the thread die while I was gone. Sorry for scaring you.
>>
>>461812

I am glad that you are back.
>>
>>461811

Consult Willow on recent going on's
>>
>>461811
Don't be outdone by this harlot.
Show off your pecs.
>>
File: GETTING HUUUUGE.png (92 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
GETTING HUUUUGE.png
92 KB, 600x600
>>461922
Willow's displaying her superior physique brings out something very competitive in you. You begin flexing with all your might.

Willow returns with a volley of rad moves of her own.

You two begin having a flexing contest right there on the beach.
>>
File: FLEX.png (124 KB, 600x398) Image search: [Google]
FLEX.png
124 KB, 600x398
>>461943
Willow's father begins cheering you guys on from the wharf.

"YEAH, THAT'S MY BABY GIRL, SHOW E'M WATCHYA GOT!!"

The old fisherman seems unperturbed by the commotion and continues patiently casting his line into the inky black lake.
>>
File: Writhing Mess.png (176 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Writhing Mess.png
176 KB, 500x500
>>461944
The fun is interrupted. You are bombarded with an image of horrifying tentacles writhing in the darkness, and a weak cry for help. It lasts only a moment, but it's enough to chill you to your core.

It is unclear who is sending this psychic message, but it's definitely emanating from the great dead tree in the middle of the lake.
>>
>>461945
Well, don't stop.
Keep impressing the kindly folk by deadlifting the stag beetle, but also ask him they have a boat. If not, challenge Willow to a swimming contest.
>>
>>461948

Listen to it while you are doing it.

It must be a important message.
>>
>>461949

I usually pay attention to amy thing with tenticles in it anyways.

>>461945

Head towards the tree!
>>
File: Excuse me.png (56 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Excuse me.png
56 KB, 500x500
>>461948
The stag beetle is not close enough to deadlift, but you DO continue flexing.

You challenge willow to a swimming contest to the tree. "What!? The lake if full of giant leeches, we wouldn't make it half way without getting torn apart!"

You explain you have an important quest to get to the tree. You think there's somebody trapped inside.

"Hold on-" she stops flexing and leaves you momentarily. You hear her getting into a shouting match with her father and the old man.
>>
File: He catches fish!!.png (96 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
He catches fish!!.png
96 KB, 500x500
Willow is leading (mostly dragging) the old fisherman over.

"Monty has agreed to bring you to the tree in his boat!" Willow explains "you're lucky, normally he doesn't go near it, but I explained how important your quest was!"

Monty grunts.
>>
>>462220
Thank you Monty.
>>
Mambo is gone until January :(

Bump every now and then just to keep swamp quest out of the graveyard, I want to find the chaos witch.
>>
This is a great thread.
>>
Mambo come back someday please

I hope you are well
>>
Good thread.
>>
Bump for more
>>
File: Sendoff.png (84 KB, 600x397) Image search: [Google]
Sendoff.png
84 KB, 600x397
The mortals push the boat into the water for you, and Monty begins rowing you towards the tree. You offer to help, but he silently insists on taking the brunt of the work himself.

You turn and wave goodbye to willow and her father. "I hope we meet again soon, muscle kid!" she yells behind you "Look us up if you're ever in Sink!"

You watch your new friends walk up over the hill as you drift further and further from shore. After a while, Monty grumbles the first thing he's said to you through his labored rowing.

"Are you a god?"
>>
>>463744
ye
>>
>>463744

No, I am just a humble traveler.
>>
>>463744
ye
>>
>>463744
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6EoRBvdVPQ
>>
>>463744
TRIGGERED
>>
>>463744
Shit fuck he's a sage, don't think about anything just say ye.
>>
File: 714.jpg (50 KB, 600x408) Image search: [Google]
714.jpg
50 KB, 600x408
>>463969
>>
>>463972
double shit fuck wrong thread. Sorry OP, you good.
>>
I'm pretty sure mambo had to go back to work within a few days of updating this :/
Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 40

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.