[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has anyone here ever looked at the threads with creationism vs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 21
File: Christianedit.png (645 KB, 640x852) Image search: [Google]
Christianedit.png
645 KB, 640x852
Has anyone here ever looked at the threads with creationism vs Darwinism and actually changed their view on the subject?
Or is it a waste of time for everyone included?
>>
Don't...You'll summon him...
>>
>>940154
Arguments on 4chan are useless time sinks in general. Not to mention that the autists who tend to argue are hardwired not to change their minds.
>>
>>940154
Has anyone ever changed their views due to internet discussions? People usually don't start these because they want to have their worldview properly challenged.
>>
>>940154
It's a waste of time.
>>
>>940174
There's plenty of evidence for micro-evolution.

As to macro-evolution, well, that's a tenet of faith to the satanic Darwinists.
>>
>>940211

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OP YOU DID IT. YOU SUMMONED HIM.
>>
Well one could do it, but it requires for both sides to remain calm, posting facts and overall avoid making the opponent feel like he's being belittled.

This is why more often than not in places like 4chan and reddit no one changes their views is that people often use harsh rhetoric which while makes them look better on their side, makes them look worse for the other side because they see the argument being so disconnected from their views that it must be dumb.

TL'TR if you want to convert someone start out slow and don't try tom to go for a slam dunk.
>>
>>940154
Why am I seeing these pics all over 4chan lately? Is the author viraling them?
>>
>>940218
kek

It was such low hanging fruit desu
>>
Majority of Christians and Christian AuthoritieS (pope etc) accept the theory of evolution. Those who don't are subhuman-underintelligent bunch (pinoys, african christians, televangalists etc)
>>
>>940241

You should have linked his nonsensical website and claimed "Hunter-Gatherers" never existed.

But you got me good
>>
>>940189
I have

t.former Christcuck realized how ridiculous it all was
>>
File: Christianity edition.png (784 KB, 1280x985) Image search: [Google]
Christianity edition.png
784 KB, 1280x985
>>940236
It's a parody of the original author who is a mayor Trans-right comic maker.
>>
>>940154
Yes. It changed my view that all humans with perfectly healthy normal minds can be reasoned with.
>>
>>940277
t. /r/christian
>>
>>940277
>I can't handle being responsible for my own actions, the post.
>>
File: 1433755559760.jpg (22 KB, 480x300) Image search: [Google]
1433755559760.jpg
22 KB, 480x300
>>940154
It's funny to watch
>>
>>940227
this so much. because of this I try not to be too much of an ass on here but sometimes it's hard to resist
>>
>>940189
I changed my opinion on gun control because of Internet arguments. I think normally people will only change their view if they're willing to, which usually means that they either haven't held the belief for very long or don't really care about it that much.
>>
>>940227
Holy shit what a bleeding vagina you are.
>>
>>940154
I dropped my ebin science viewpoint in favor of a "you cant know nuffin" viewpoint, I also post Stirner memes now, still as much as an unbeliever as before though.
>>
>>940319
>>940321
Sounds like both of you are projecting~~
>>
Not really, though I haven't noticed too many threads on "darwinism vs. creationism", a lot more seem to be on the subject of "atheism vs. theism". Those haven't really changed my mind all that much either.
>>
Anyone who is a creationist is someone who doesn't care about evidence anyway
>>
>>941030
Yeah, fuck the truth when we can pretend we have no masters.
>>
>>940154
No, how can anyone believe that the word of God is wrong? He created us, not apes who turned into humans.
>>
File: images (5).jpg (13 KB, 188x264) Image search: [Google]
images (5).jpg
13 KB, 188x264
>>
>>940211
What's micro evolution?
>>
File: images (4).jpg (15 KB, 241x209) Image search: [Google]
images (4).jpg
15 KB, 241x209
>>
>>940211
>doesn't know many buckets of water will make an ocean
>>
>>941049
Natural selection, adaptation, breeding, genetic mutations, all happening within one kind, or genus.
>>
>>941050
>people will actually defend the right half
Makes me sad
>>
File: Big daddy.png (2 MB, 466x5278) Image search: [Google]
Big daddy.png
2 MB, 466x5278
>>941049
It's something that refers to minor changes in a species.
Never heard any not a creatonist use it.
It's used in this comic.
Please, don't debate about the facts in here.
If anything, just comment on how good the author manages to argue for his case and how well presentated his opponent is.
>>
>>941058
Oh, yes makes sense. God gifted us with the ability to adapt to change, English settling in Canada adapted to the extreme cold while the English who settled in Australia settled adapted to the extreme heat. But it's absolutely impossible for a creature to transform into something else. Does an animal just give birth to some new animal and then eventually all animals of that species look like the new animal? There's no logic behind evolution, the answer is plain as day but Atheists refuse to believe that God made us all.
>>
>>940717
Fuck off retard.
>>
>>941077
They don't believe because they don't want to believe; they are actually in open rebellion against God.

>>941112
Buy some tampons.
>>
They're a fucking shitfest. They are as bad or even worse that >yfw god exists threads.
>>
Just curious, are there any religious people here who accept evolution? I don't think that it's necessarily contradictory. It's pretty basic biology, it's not even all that hard to understand.
>>
>>941119
The Amish have the right idea, satan has infiltrated our society. Even churches in my city are preaching for gay marriage and abortion.
>>
>>941128
I am a Christian, or at least I identify as a Christian, and I believe in evolution.
Go to Church and all.
>>
>>941140
This is probably a good thing. Satan seems like a much more moral deity than Yahweh.
>>
>>941128
I'm a catholic and believe in evolution, Genesis according to church teaching isn't meant to be taken literally but merely metaphors to explain to ancient sand tribes how God works and why you should believe in him and not that other God over there that says you can sodomise anyone you want
>>
>>941128
Catholics do. They want to be inclusive, as they're pulling everyone not-christian into one emergent church.
>>
>>941140
What type of Christians are these
>>
>>941162
Mennonites.
>>
>>941061
It seems creationist arguments revolve mostly around insults and ad hominems than any actual argument.
>>
>>940211

>implying you're not a lazy troll
>>
>>941061
>Gluons have never been obsevered
I just need to say they. Yes they have been, and the binding force between an atomic nucleus' particles is the weak atomic force which gluons are not involved in.
>>
>>941169
Who the fuck are they
You sure you don't mean Methodists
>>
File: Darwinist answer.png (3 MB, 500x5655) Image search: [Google]
Darwinist answer.png
3 MB, 500x5655
>>941171
>>941181
This is the Evolutionist.
I have cropped out the last part of the comic which deals with faith alone and not evolution, since I don't want that debate to occur.
Please, try to not debate it as well, just how well it handles the subject of the debate.
>>
>>941193
This is Amish.
>>
>>941151
Ill pray for you Anon
>>941162
It's the United Church of Canada, Wikipedia claims they're presbyterian. I knew someone who attended on of their churches, it sounded like hell on earth from how he described it. Completely goes against the word of God.
>>
>>941181
What do they look like?
>>
>>940154
There's no such thing as "Darwinism". Darwin proposed the mechanic of natural selection which explained the process of evolution which everyone at the time already knew existed. Up until then they just thought that God was the one causing species to change over time, but the change itself was not denied by the vast majority of educated Christians.
>>
>>941272
Darwin with his degree in theology, and only a degree in theology, made a fool out of himself.

And godless people still believe him.
>>
>>941233
Do tell, I love hearing about how unbiblical "Bibuhl-buhleevin' Chirstyuns" often are.
>>
>>941272
Guess he happened to come in the right time though, as everyone has used it at least some time.
Or is that something only fundamentalists says to not have to say "Evolution"?
>>
>>941280
Most of the people who accept evolution are religious.
>>
>>941365
Darwinism is a term used by evangelicals to try and make evolution seem like a competing religious outlook/ideology rather than a summary of facts. It's why they keep attacking Darwin himself when the understanding of evolution has long since moved beyond his work.
>>
>>941365
They say it to make it sound like a religion rather than a science, as though people are adherents to the gospel of Darwin the way they are adherents to the bible.
>>
>>941352
They don't believe the bible? They support abortion, support gay marriage.
>>
>>941268
You can't SEE something that small, you look for the decay pattern it leaves.
>>
>>941374
>>941383
It's kinda weird, Darwin didn't even know about how genetics worked at the time, the theory of evolution was put in order with scientists other than him.
>>
>>941374
Granted, Darwinism as a term is still valid, but only in the context of someone advocating Social Darwinism. But the issue there is more ethics than it is fundie whining.
>>
Social constructionism is worse than creationism desu, I don't think farmer folk doubt heredity
>>
>>941050
This image is logically painful to read

>seeing validity in the theory on the origin of species and having man-made opinions on things ----> You're a gay, amoral anarchist who has probably had an abortion.

To prove all that syllogism would be pretty difficult.
>>
>>944046
Evolutionism is the foundation of which all moral degeneracy has come from.

Homosexuality, feminism, transvestites, cultural marxism, neo-liberalism, nihilism, those are all branches.

You have to look at the root of the tree, Darwinism. Cut that down and everything else follows.

When people believe they are animals with no purpose to life, they start acting like savages and doing all sorts of unnatural things.

When people believe in God, they live a righteous life and act as proper humans with responsibilities and duties.
>>
>>940236
They're a parody of assigned male.
>>
>>940711
What did you change your opinion to?
>>
>>944071
God's death is the cause of all those things including evolution, and that happened because the Christian will to truth devoured its patriarchal god under its own morality. It was bound to happen, and necessary. The sooner Christian morality goes away, the sooner the degeneracy goes away. Leftism is just Pauline Christianity with no God.
>>
>>944071
There are/were all kinds of philosophies that endorse moral degeneracy or high moral standards - many without the use of evolution as a foundation.

I do agree that your chain of events is a possible outcome in itself, but you can get to and from any of those principles from so many different directions.

Let's say I agree with the Darwinism and I'm more secular than Jewish. Well, if the image was correct I'd necessarily support what follows. Maybe I'm just being too literal with logical implications and it's just a more generalized thing.
>>
>>944126
>God's death
???
>>
>>944071
What can be said of priests with inclinations to abuse children?
>>
>>944148
God is dead and we have killed him

Captcha: Select all images with mountains.
>>
>>941050
But I believe in both evolution and creation
Dr. Kenneth Miller is a devout Christian, cell biologist and molecular biologist and wrote the foremost textbook on evolution
>>
>>944153
>i'm a gullible idiot that fell for evolution, therefore that means God is dead

God is laughing, and you'll face the consequences for your actions when you die.
>>
>>944190
So you're a lukewarm Christian.

Kent Hovind debunked evolution, shows how dangerous it is and how it cannot fit with the Bible.

If you still believe in monkey fairy tales when it's already been proven wrong, then that's your problem.
>>
>>944207
>Kent Hovind
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyEOPBx6i8o&list=PL41A479D546EE97AA&index=12
>>
>>944207
All Kent Hovind does is present a strawman version of the theory of evolution, misrepresent data, ignore any corrections people have made to his mistakes, and outright lie. Evolution isn't incompatible with Christianity. Even early Christians held to allegorical interpretations of the genesis creation story over 1400 years before the theory of evolution
>>
>>944200
The Christian god doesn't laugh, he is too world weary for that. >>I<< didn't fall for anything, but Christianity is dying out and the only way God ever existed was when he could bind people together under one domain, and that now only exists in secular humanist democracy, which is also dying because of Muslims and degeneracy. Soon the people of Europe will rise, there will be wars glorious, untold of disaster, from which we'll build the foundations of pagan pantheism of the future. It is still in our blood after thousands of years, the feeling fit this belief, and no Jew will ever succeed in taking it from us. Have fun worshipping the kike on a stick, degenerate
>>
File: Battle_For_Truth.jpg (71 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
Battle_For_Truth.jpg
71 KB, 600x450
>>944223
>>944229

http://www.newgeology.us/presentation32.html
>>
>>941368
Yes, and most religious people are on the road to destruction.
>>
>>941374
It's not a summary of facts. It's a belief system.
>>
>>941403
So, they have not been observed, despite your prior post.
>>
>>944071
Yup. Darwin has made more atheists than Mohammad, and has caused more damage to civilization than the Huns.
>>
>>944153
He rose on Day Three, as prophesied.
>>
>>944258
Well that's all just the same old tired stuff refuted here
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL7C90EE51FA96E8CE
and
in these various rebuttals
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL41A479D546EE97AA
>>
>>944190
The common ground is that micro-evolution happens, and that macro-evolution does not.
>>
>>944229
Evolution as presented by Darwin and advocated by people like yourself is absolutely mutually exclusive to Christianity.
>>
>>944253
He is young, energetic, and quite supportive.
>>
>>944276
At least the atheist killers aren't hypocrites like the religious ones.
>>
>>944253
t. Antichrist
>>
>>944288
There is no such thing as "micro" or "macro" evolution
It's all just evolution
>>944290
No it isn't
Only from the 19th century great awakening literalist interpretation. Even St. Augustine in the 5th century AD held to an allegorical interpretation of genesis.
>>
>>944292
They are, actually, as deep down they know there is a God, and have rebelled against Him.
>>
None of those threads are created with the intention to change minds. Only to further said beliefs.
>>
>>941403
So you observe an effect that must be caused by a particle with certain properties that we call a gluon, thus making the existence of said gluon beyond reasonable doubt, rather than 'seeing' it with your eyes through a microscope?
>>
>>944301
There is natural selection, adaptation, survival of the fittest, breeding, and some gene mutations. These things are all micro-evolution.

People like you say that micro-evolution, over time spans that have never been observed, produce outcomes that have never been observed.

All of the evidence for "evolution", a useless term, are for micro-evolution; and there is none whatsoever for macro-evolution.

As the bible says, kind begets kind. And as we've always observed, and replicated, and bred, kind begets kind.
>>
>>944333
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjEVpkJu_5k&index=1&list=PL7C90EE51FA96E8CE
>>
>>944301
To change the bible to fit the "science of the day" is foolish. The bible is always right, and science is always wrong.
>>
>>944071
>waaahhh
leave us alone
>>
>>944335
Micro-evolution is scientific.

Macro-evolution is a faith based belief system.
>>
File: Most Important Book.jpg (229 KB, 880x587) Image search: [Google]
Most Important Book.jpg
229 KB, 880x587
>>944343
>let us stay stupid and illiterate about the world we live in!

>waaahhh stop spreading the Truth and Light of Jesus! i want to remain in darkness!
>>
>>944339
But you're the one changing the bible
The bible wasn't written with meanings you impart to it and it shows that your beliefs are the newer ones
>>944344
Oh I see you don't actually WANT to see what the argument is
>>
>>944343
What if we knew what would happen to you if we did leave you alone, to your own devices?

What if we saw you as a blind man tottering towards a cliff, to fall to his death?

Would you want us to leave you alone under those conditions?
>>
>>944354
The bible speaks for itself. If a man cannot understand that the human race started with Adam and Eve, he's not going to understand much of the rest of the bible either.

There is no argument. Macro-evolution has never been observed. It's only an assumption that if micro-evolution happens long enough, eventually a new creature will emerge from something completely different from it.

I know T-Rex remained T-Rex; people with your worldview believe that T-Rex changed into a chicken.
>>
>>944323
I know there isn't a God, but I wish there was one
>>
I killed god
>>
>>944358
It's a bit arrogant, isn't it? To say that you, a lone 4channer, hold the key to the meaning of the universe and morality and god and truth? To say that everyone who disagrees with you on one of your many, many opinions is going to hell? Don't you think that's a bit arrogant? A bit proud? Don't you think that that's committing the deadly sin of pride? Aren't YOU the one going to hell?
>>
>>944380
There is a God, and you reject him.
>>
>>944371
>Macro-evolution has never been observed.
Yes it has
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjEVpkJu_5k&index=1&list=PL7C90EE51FA96E8CE
Just watch this
Plenty of examples of observed evolution
>>
>>944386
No, I wish there was a god.
>>
>>944394
God has never been observed
>>
>>940189
I often nuance my views at the very least. Its good to have views challenged because, if anything, it forces you to improve your own arguments.
>>
>>944397
There is a God, and you suppress the knowledge of Him.
>>
>>944403
Are you the guy I replied to...?
>>
>>944380
At the risk of sounding like a fairy granting wishes, there is a God, and He loves you very much. So much that He would rather die than live without you. So He did.
>>
File: scripture.jpg (297 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
scripture.jpg
297 KB, 800x600
>>944403
>a library of books that shows God interacting with mankind throughout history
>never been observed
>>
>>944119
I used to think gun ownership was unnecessary and should be heavily restricted. I now think that the state shouldn't have a monopoly on violence, and that the problems with gun violence in my country are mostly because of a shitty gun culture.
>>
>>944411
no
>>
>>944417
>anecdotal evidence
>>
>>944410

God doesn't exist because I exist
>>
>>944384
I obviously think nothing of the sort. Anyone who will tell you the truth is telling you the same thing I am.

That we are all sinners in need of a savior, and that Jesus is the only savior there is.

I get that the truth is dogmatic, and that you don't appreciate the dogmatic tone. But then again, realize that the truth by definition is dogmatic. It is by necessity exclusive. It is in reality divisive.
>>
>>944420
Im interested in what you mean with "shitty gun culture". Judging from your namefag title of leftist im assuming theres some anarchist reasoning behind your views?
>>
>>944394
I don't think you're clear on what I'm calling macro-evolution.
>>
>>944425
>facts are "anecdotal evidence"
>>
>>944403
But He has, many times, in many ways, and His works, this universe, are available for your inspection.

Creation infers a creator.
>>
>>944432
You exist because God exists.
>>
>>944420
It's not enough to believe that. Arm yourself. True belief flows into actions.
>>
>>944445
You can get order from disorder
>>
>>944440
>calling them facts
>anecdotal evidence is literally facts without concrete proof other than stories
>>
>>944447
God cannot exist because a perfect entity could not create its own end (me)
>>
>>944445
Creation does imply a creator, yes. I reject that the universe is a "creation". Unless you believe a creation means anything that has come into being, in which case i disagree on the meaning of creation.
>>
>>944434
>truth by definition is dogmatic

How so? What's the logic and what's your definition; I genuinely don't follow.

>It is by necessity exclusive. It is in reality divisive.

I'll bite but my question wasn't about the nature of truth. I want to know why you think you're opinion is objective truth.
>>
>>944455
>Look ma, I'm ignoring tons books, documentaries, articles, videos, theologians, philosophers, scientists and historians on the subject of Christianity

>I hate the Bible and I hate 2000 years of ancestry, I'm so edgy! Hail Satan, metal fuck yeah!
>>
>>944438
I don't think you know what evolution is
You wanted a refutation of your "source"
Go watch the videos I gave you
That's your rebuttal
It'll have all the information you want. I'm done with this shitfest of a thread
>>
>>944477
>>Look ma, I'm ignoring tons books, documentaries, articles, videos, theologians, philosophers, scientists and historians on the subject of Christianity

If it makes me act like you, I'd be more than happy too. The only action you undertake because of it is christposting on an anonymous internet site. Not exactly a recommendation for your 'superior' philosophy
>>
>>944464
The universe is finite, limited and will have an end. We perceive this physical world with our 5 senses of the biological computer (human body).

Time, space and matter came from something intangible and way beyond our comprehension, this is what we call God.

Mind creates mind.
Consciousness creates consciousness.

Inorganic materials and rocks cannot create beings full of emotions, passions and drive. It's scientifically impossible. Darwinism is a myth.
>>
File: 1457874388004.png (3 MB, 2560x2420) Image search: [Google]
1457874388004.png
3 MB, 2560x2420
>>944500
>>
>>944501
>5 senses
We have more than 5 senses
Atheists 1 Christfags 0
>>
>>944504

I don't really care about what you say or write, I care about what you do. So far, what you do mostly is shitposting on an internet site. That's your real religion, if anything.

I never hear all your christcucks brag about how many homeless people you've helped today. That tells me more than a hundred libraries of christfag encyclopedias can tell me
>>
>>941128

The religionists during Darwin's time?

Personally I don't have a problem with evolution. I think both views are compatible, even though there are some flaws in some of the details.

Also fuck creationism, Ken Ham, Ken Hovind and all of those think-tank funded hucksters. The historical background of the first 5 book of the Old Testament is something you. DON'T. IGNORE. WHEN. EXPLAINING. GENESIS.
>>
>>944504
The Brothers Karmazov isn't really in support of Christianity. Also Kierkegaard wasn't in support of natural moral law.
>>
>>940154
No one will change their mind, neither side can be convinced by the other because their methodologies are fundamentally different.
Someone who believes in evolution will not be convinced otherwise by faith.
Someone who believes in creationism will not be convinced by logic and evidence.

At best someone will learn something new about evolution.
At worst the thread will degenerate into hovindposting.
>>
>>944453
Example?
>>
File: 2caa2b.gif (2 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
2caa2b.gif
2 MB, 480x270
>>944549
>>
>>944456
While you were certainly a part of why God came to earth to die, there were many more of us who share that with you. We did use His love to kill Him, on a tree, in disgrace.

And yet, on the third day, He rose from the dead, walked out of the tomb, and celebrated His victory over death and the grave.

God is not dead.

He is surely alive.
>>
>>944464
You can substitute universe if you'd like. The universe infers a universe maker.
>>
>>944549
Stars n shit.
>>
File: hume.png (94 KB, 200x280) Image search: [Google]
hume.png
94 KB, 200x280
>>944556

>inference
>>
>>944469

2 + 2 = 4 is dogmatic. It will not change tomorrow. It will never be 3. It will never be 5.
>>
>>944436
Yeah, I think a lot of gun-owners in the US are incredibly irresponsible (which is what causes a lot of accidental shootings), but more importantly there's a glorification of violence for the sake of violence. It's one thing to believe that violence is sometimes necessary, it's something else entirely to believe violence is great and your propensity for it shows how much of a man you are. Fetishization of violence is actually a problem I have with a lot of leftists, as well.

>>944451
Can't, my school won't allow me to have a gun on campus. I'll probably get one someday, though.
>>
>>944469
>I want to know why you think you're opinion is objective truth.

I don't think that. I know Jesus to be the truth, and agree with Him on everything. If this were based on my opinion, knowing the consequences, I would be silent.
>>
>>944556
But surely the universe maker infers a universe maker maker?
>>
>>944486
And again, you have no video of macro-evolution, because macro-evolution has never been observed by mankind, ever.
>>
>>944527
>I never hear all your christcucks brag about how many homeless people you've helped today

And you never will.
>>
>>944537
If you want to truly understand John 6, you have to truly understand the Grand Inquisitor.
>>
>>944549
snowflake
>>
>>944527
But Christianity says boasting about things like that is wrong
So wouldn't not boasting it be the proper Christian thing to do?
>>
>>944556
God infers a God creator
>>
>>944550
I don't see it. It doesn't start out as disorder, and it doesn't turn into order. Nor could you demonstrate that no order was directed at it, influencing it, or causing it.
>>
>>944561
So what you're inferring is your opinion on the divine and human nature is as logically necessary as mathematical truth?
>>
>>944558
God made those, each of them of different glory, named them, and spread out the universe with His hands.

I think sometimes the people who don't know God need to picture a much bigger God than they currently picture.
>>
>>944561
Except there is no authority telling us 2+2=4, we all can see it
>>
>>944566
Does it? Or can the universe maker be an eternal supernatural triune spirit being?
>>
>>944572

I know, because you don't really believe in anything that you don't benefit from. When it comes down to it, you don't give a rat's ass about Jesus or the Bible or any tenet of Christianity. All you christposters give a shit about is the rewards and the benefits, and it shows, every single time
>>
>>944564
Has jesus ever spoken to you? Directly?
>>
>>944577
Each unique, each made by God. These things don't just happen. What you think is "natural" is just what God does. Everything God made is unique. Everything. Snowflakes, grains of sand, electrons, everything.
>>
>>944583
>>944600
>>
>>944578
>But Christianity says boasting about things like that is wrong

I've never seen any of you have a massive problem with boasting how vastly morally superior you are to the 'non-saved'.
>>
>>944600
Well if that's possible, why not substitute the universe? The universe is an eternal natural une corporal being. Capable of creating itself because I say so.
>>
>>944591
No, I'm trying to take my opinion out of the equation completely. My opinion of 2 + 2 is immaterial. My opinion of God is immaterial. He is the great I Am. He is existence. He is life.

And the twist is that He's interested in adopting people into His family. Anyone who wants to be in, is in.
>>
>>944599
And we can all see the universe God made.
>>
>>944587

>I don't see it.

Too bad for you then. The phenomenon you're talking about has been studied extensively for about 50 years

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-organization

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autopoiesis
>>
>>944602
You have a very harsh opinion on people who come here to try to show you how to inherit the Kingdom of God.

And you have an incorrect opinion that we are not doing what Jesus told us to do.

And you have no way of knowing what good works we do, completely aside from posting here.
>>
>>944615
I didn't do that though
>>
>>944606
Yes. Young, energetic, supportive, wry sense of humor.
>>
>>944607
So when a person kills another person, god intended for it to happen?
>>
>>944615
That's another misconception you carry around. Christians are acutely aware of our shortcomings, and have turned to God to save us from the consequences of those very shortcomings.

In fact, we may be more aware of our sins, our transgressions, our iniquities, than an unsaved person, who will likely judge themselves very lightly.
>>
>>944626
>You have a very harsh opinion on people who come here to try to show you how to inherit the Kingdom of God.

Yes, but then again, I have a harsh opinion on any type of cheap talk. If you don't like it, prove me wrong and actually live according to your beliefs
>>
>>944619
But that statement is your opinion. Whether it's true or not, it's also your opinion. What I'd like to know is why you believe you've stumbled on to god's plan. What was it that made you think that this time, you've hit objective truth? You can't justify your opinion as true by stating that it is, in fact, true.
>>
>>944635
>In fact, we may be more aware of our sins, our transgressions, our iniquities, than an unsaved person

This is the very thing I said you would do, and you did it, exactly like I said you would. It's like poetry
>>
>>944629
>jesus
>young
>>
>>944635

So why did you put peanut butter on your cock and get the dog to lick it off?
>>
>>944635
You mean to justify your shortcomings. Let me just confess my sins and be expunged. There is nothing worse than a religious hypocrite. You guys make the claim that Atheism has killed more than religious wars, but you miss the very point that with religion, there should be no killing and wars, and yet there is.
>>
>>944650
Since god made them that way, it is just and right, and highly pleasurable
>>
>>944617
Those are indeed the other two options; that the universe is uncaused, and that the universe is self-caused.

If the universe is uncaused, it is eternal, and from what little we know of entropy, if it were infinite, we should be in heat death right now.

If the universe were self-caused, then we would have to presume the pre-existence of the universe in order to create the universe.

In other words, by saying God created the universe, x ----> y, we presuppose the existence of x, God, in order for God to create the universe.

By saying the universe created itself, x ----> x, we have to presuppose the universe pre-exists itself, in order to create itself.

It's logical nonsense.

The third way, the true way, the real way, is that the universe is caused by another, and that other we entitle God.
>>
>>944624
I don't see the disorder.

Because there is no disorder.
>>
>>944630
Things happen in the permissive will of God that are not according to the express will of God. Your hypothetical is actually dependent upon whether or not God judged that person worthy of death, and authorized another to kill him.
>>
>>944638
You have no way to know who I am, much less how I live my life off of this board.
>>
>>944642
I think you need to grapple with the existence of objective truth before we can progress any further. You don't seem to think it exists.
>>
>>940321
>hur dur no morals wiffout gad! wiffout gad wed all be rapin and murderin rat nah! XD!
>>
>>944643
Show me the boasting.

"I'm guilty of murder."
>>
>>944645
Quite. Timeless.
>>
>>944654
So you admit that atheism has caused more wars, and more bloodshed, and then turn right back and blame "religion", whatever that means, and as though all religions were the same.

And "justify your shortcomings".....that might literally be the postings of a madman.
>>
>>944711
That is correct. Without God, there is no objective basis for morality.
>>
>>944371
There is no distinct barrier in evolution.
Gradual evolution can result in the accumulation of new traits and prolonged seperation of a species can result in speciation.

The child generation is going to be similiar to the parent generation but whether or not the child generation is similiar to the parent generation hundreds of thousands (Or whatever arbitrarily large number you prefer) of generations previously is not absolute.

We can observe this drift through homologies we find in extant species that share common ancestors with other species or fossils.
I think the invertebrate eye is an especially interesting example since we can see the evolution of something as complex as the human eye (which is analagous to the invertebrate eye, meaning that it evolved seperately) in several steps of "refinement".
Refinement is obviously a bullshit word to use because evolution isn't goal oriented but it gets the point across.

Also genetic similarities.

Of course you can just handwave a common designer because you're bullshitting already.
>>
>>944699

If you're promoting a religion that hates the temptations of the flesh on an internet site with boards dedicated to dickgirls I know more than enough
>>
>>944698
Thus, heaven and hell do not exist
>>
Do I really have to post this again?

http://www.compellingtruth.org/God-exist.html
http://www.compellingtruth.org/existence-of-God.html
http://www.compellingtruth.org/proof-of-God.html
http://www.compellingtruth.org/who-created-God.html
>>
>>944739
You'll believe in them 1 second after you die.
>>
>>944728
You say it can happen, and I say it has never happened, and never been observed to happen.

Those positions do not conflict. Mine is just better at predicting that it will never happen.

And of course there's a common designer, and of course He has a style. You've seen it. You just rob Him of His due credit.

What took more coding? This website, or DNA?
>>
>>944698
Abortion is just then in the eyes of god
>>
>>944729
Fish where the fish are.

>>944739
The same God Who made this earth made heaven and hell.
>>
>>944742
But the guy just said that god authorizes for people to kill other people. How can god punish those he allows to commit a sin?
>>
>>944748
It's murder, actually.
>>
>>944755
Obeying God is not a sin. Killing people whom God told you to kill is not a sin. Murder is a sin.
>>
>>944752
You figure if a god placed such emphasis on getting into hell or heaven, it would have made to sure to let us know before we die
>>
>>944762
You're already dead.
>>
>>944759
That makes absolutely no sense, killing someone in the name of god is as premeditated as murder
>>
>>944765
That's because I am the end ;)
>>
>>944784
There's a difference between "killing in the name of god"

and

"killing because God ordered you to do so"

Muslims kill in the name of a false god, that's murder.

The ancient Israelites killed giants and degenerate cultures because God told them to. God was getting rid of cancer.
>>
>>944784
God gave the Canaanites 400 years to repent, the last of which were spent while the Hebrews were camping out in the wilderness.

The Canaanites not only failed to repent, they grew more wicked. God ordered all of them to be killed.

Because Joshua failed to kill all of those wicked, evil people, we have ISIS today.
>>
>>940154
>creationism

This is still a thing?
>>
>>944795
But god is incapable of communicating
>>
>>944714

Everyone is a murderer here, anon.
>>
>>940293
>author
Jej
>>
>>944812
>evolutionism

This is still a thing?
>>
>>944826
True. However, all of those murders have been forgiven everyone by a gracious and merciful God.
>>
>>944832

Is that even a word?
>>
>>944841
It is now. Right up there with Scientism.
>>
I've never seen anybody change there views.

There is some usefulness if the issue comes up in an unrelated conversation, because it lets you know the person is an irredeemable moron and there's no point in respecting their opinion.
>>
>>944747
>You say it can happen, and I say it has never happened, and never been observed to happen.
>Those positions do not conflict. Mine is just better at predicting that it will never happen.

You're not adressing my points.
There is evidence that speciation has happened many times. Our timescale and capability of observation is too low to directly observe speciation through genetic drift (The fact that there are even species still to be discovered just shows that).
Assuming that's what you mean. If you mean the generation of new attributes through independant mutations then just look up Richard Lenski's long term E.Coli experiment which proves that they can.

But homologies and genetic similarities (in some cases very easily observable genetic similarities between species such as any hybrid species that does not fulfill the definition of a species) point towards speciation happening.
Your common designer argument to dismiss homologies is an incredible handwave as said before and analogous (Common goal reached through convergent evolution that clearly misses the criteria of homology) variation (vertebrate eye/invertebrate eye) puts a bit of a damper on that.
>>
>>944861
Speciation is not evidence that kind did not beget kind. Species is a much smaller subset of kind. Two dire wolves may now be responsible for poodles, but they're still of the same kind. And two pools of mosquitoes that no longer can procreate together are still mosquitoes.

The e-coli will never turn into a duck billed platypus. That is the sort of thing that would refute "kind begets kind".
>>
>>944873
There's no such thing as "kind"
It's a completely undefined word
>>
>>944873
>OK, I admit that new species can be created in laboratories
>But there have never been new kingdoms seen to evolve in laboratories.

Nice moving goal posts there, brah. Isn't there something in the Bible about not being dishonest?
>>
File: IMG_0225.jpg (101 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0225.jpg
101 KB, 768x1024
>>944742
>1 second after you die.
>1 second
>>
>>944882
Biblical "kind" is much more coherent and better than the vague "species".

A 5 year old can tell you what animals are of the same kind.
>>
>>944915
>I don't understand science beyond a five year old's level

big surprise
>>
>>944893
You're the one comparing apples to oranges. I said kind begets kind. You said speciation happens. What you said is basically a non-sequitur.

And yes, you have to believe that you came from a bacteria (and that bacteria had to come from something dead) if you do not believe God created everything.

It's your goalposts that are an infinite distance away. I didn't touch them.
>>
>>944925
Pretty sure that meant you knew less than a 5 year old.
>>
>>944873
>Kinds
Well fuck.
No reasoning with you because kind is such a poorly defined construct as opposed to species which, while still arbitrary, can at least be defined.

>e-coli
It's E. Coli, short for Escherichia Coli. No hyphen. No electronic coli

The amount of between steps for an E. coli to spawn a duck billed platypus would be enormous (Ignoring your retarded "turn into" comment) and since evolution is not goal oriented that would be impossible without just outright guiding each change in the genome step by step.
You'd have to go from Prokaryote to Eukaryote as well which is already big.

>That is the sort of thing that would refute "kind begets kind".
An E.coli outright turning into a D.B.P. would just refute evolution as well, it's a retarded statement to make.

>>944915
>Biblical "kind" is much more coherent and better than the vague "species".
Biblical kind is based on "Common sense" which is among the dumbest ways of getting close to objectivity. Species is based on whether two lifeforms can successfully mate or not, it is at least slightly objective when comparing lifeforms that are still alive and engage in sexual reproduction.

>A 5 year old can tell you what animals are of the same kind.
A 5 year old would put a pill millipede in the same kind as a pill bug.
They look very similiar but they're analogous.
A 5 year old is not a good way to categorize species and neither are kinds.
>>
>>944741
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4tsGWdarHc

>>944742
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4tsGWdarHc
>>
File: I'm_an_Atheist.png (513 KB, 667x485) Image search: [Google]
I'm_an_Atheist.png
513 KB, 667x485
>>944741
No. You don't.
>>
>>944944
So you admit that macro-evolution is false, and that there is no way ever a bacteria could turn into a duck billed platypus.

I don't know if you're aware of this, but since you think that evolution explains the origin of life, and the origin of human beings, then yes, you do have to go from nothing, to non-life, to life, to a much higher ordered life, all by accident.

Do the math. It would take more than 16 billion years for a one celled animal to mutate into an earthworm, at one mutation per second.

Biblical kind is based on a much simpler and less autistic view of the world. As you seem to be quite autistic, it's not really a surprise that you prefer mankind's classification system to God's.

Both of your bugs would be of the same kind, crawls upon the earth kind.

Free yourself up from your autistic need to place everything in a pigeon hole, before it's too late.
>>
>>944861
I'd like to adress that I'm probably wrong on the subject of speciation being unobserved directly.
This (>>944335) seems to point out that it has, regardless of how annoying I find his voice.

>>944979
>So you admit that macro-evolution is false, and that there is no way ever a bacteria could turn into a duck billed platypus.
Not what I said. I said that you could not currently observe this happening again with any statistical chance (And still you stick with your idiotic "Turn into" comment which just fundamentally limits how seriously I can take you).
Evolution is not goal oriented.

>I don't know if you're aware of this, but since you think that evolution explains the origin of life, and the origin of human beings, then yes, you do have to go from nothing, to non-life, to life, to a much higher ordered life, all by accident.
Evolution explains the diversification of existing life alone. I still do believe in all those other things but they are not the subjects of the theory of evolution. Accident carries the wrong implication.

>Do the math. It would take more than 16 billion years for a one celled animal to mutate into an earthworm, at one mutation per second.
What kind of logic is this?
Have you done any of this supposed math?
Can you at least link me to the bullshit source you're linking this from?
Preferably in non-hovind format.

>Biblical kind is based on a much simpler and less autistic view of the world. As you seem to be quite autistic, it's not really a surprise that you prefer mankind's classification system to God's.
Define it.

>Both of your bugs would be of the same kind, crawls upon the earth kind.
If either of them are bugs then so are spiders and crabs etc.
The classification of kind in that context would be useless.
>>
>>944979
>Do the math. It would take more than 16 billion years for a one celled animal to mutate into an earthworm, at one mutation per second.

Show your work, please
>>
Am I getting things right?
>God has to allow everything that pass down on earth, including murder
>All humans are equally bad and sinful, this sin hinders us from seeing the truth
>As w eare all equally sinful God won't let us see the light depending on how much we deserves it but on whenever he wants it or not
>It's obvious God created the world as it's described in Geneis, our own evil just refuse us to see the right way
>People can be evil simply due to their genes or blood, as with iSIS that exists because the Jews didn't massacre all of the Canaanites
?
>>
File: 1458670373988.gif (875 KB, 250x231) Image search: [Google]
1458670373988.gif
875 KB, 250x231
>>940154

You have to be very nice and politically correct to change someone else's viewpoint on something, specially when they base their entire identity on that belief. One comes to those types of threads for the shitposting banter, not to rejoice in the magic of friendship.

Post those smug animu girls.
>>
File: 1458739456060.png (242 KB, 538x439) Image search: [Google]
1458739456060.png
242 KB, 538x439
>>941048

>Theists think this makes sense as an argument
>>
>>945051
Clarification on my end.
>I still do believe in all those other things

I don't believe that we came from literally nothing.
There is currently simply no way that I know of to observe the state of the universe before the big bang and as such I just don't feel like I can believe in anything specific regarding that since big bang took place while there was already matter available to expand.

However I feel like I can say with some certainty that we went from non-life to life (Though currently the exact mechanism is unknown as far as I know though simple RNA constructs probably factor into it).
And I can say that I believe with as much certainty as science allows that single celled life evolved into "Higher ordered life".
>>
>>945107
I wish I could remember the paper. It was quite impressive.
>>
>>945112
>>God has to allow everything that pass down on earth, including murder
Has to? Who would force Him? No, He knew it would happen, and it is a cost of creation. But His highest ideal is Love, the voluntary love of the creation for the Creator. So in order for that to exist, the opposite has to exist. Rejecting the Creator. God is Love, not Rape.

>>All humans are equally bad and sinful, this sin hinders us from seeing the truth
The sin doesn't stop us from seeing the truth; it stops us from being like the truth. From being like God, as He is the truth. But yes, everyone is sinful, and the distinction between more and less sinful is immaterial. All sin deserves eternal torment in hellfire.

>>As w eare all equally sinful God won't let us see the light depending on how much we deserves it but on whenever he wants it or not
Actually, the people in the darkness see the light more easily than the people carrying around their own light source. Hence the crowds around Jesus were despised by the elite; Jesus hung out with thieves, and prostitutes, and tax collectors (traitors), etc. They knew they needed the light, because they knew their deeds were dark. The self-righteous religions people did not, and killed the truth.

>>It's obvious God created the world as it's described in Geneis, our own evil just refuse us to see the right way
It changed. Men and angels changed it. Ruined it. We can only see glimpses now and then of the beauty of creation.

>>People can be evil simply due to their genes or blood, as with iSIS that exists because the Jews didn't massacre all of the Canaanites
People are evil because people are not God, and only God is good. And yes, because Joshua did not exterminate the cancer in Canaa, there exists today Arab terrorists, including ISIS.
>>
>>945164
Not knowing, and being ignorant, wasn't good enough for me. Hopefully it won't be good enough for you either. The fact that you hold out hope for abiogenesis is not a good sign.
>>
>>945201
so impressive you don't have a link to source it :^)
>>
>>945242
So does Humans have a free will or not?
>>
>>945242
Ishmaelites aren't canaanites. if you are going to spout stupid shit based on the bible at least get it right
>>
>>945279
It was about 15 years ago, so, no. I'm sure it's reproducible. Go ahead and reproduce it. If you can't, then you don't have the math to understand it in the first place.
>>
>>945281
Yes, because God says "choose".

It's not God's will that any should go to hell, but most people are going to hell. That right there is enough to tell you that mankind has free will, can make choices, and that God will honor those choices.
>>
>>945287
I didn't say anything about Ishmaelites, and any claim to Ishmael from Mohammad, or al-Baghdadi, is suspect.
>>
>>945281
Determinism means we don't.
Even if determinism isn't completely accurate we do not control the things that are indeterminate and as such there still is no free will.

>>945248
You still don't know.
You're still ignorant.

You've just lowered your standards.
But since you believe in biblical kinds that's not much of a drop.
>>
>>945295
>hey Einstein, mind showing me your proof for General Relativity?
>no bitch, make it yourself. if you can't reproduce then you wouldn't be able to understand it anyways
love your amazing academic integrity
>>
File: 7nzPR6Bh.jpg (95 KB, 1024x636) Image search: [Google]
7nzPR6Bh.jpg
95 KB, 1024x636
>>940154
Has the original artist gotten butthurt on twitter about the edits? I love seeing an internet celebrity in duress and calling for justice into the void of social media.
>>
>>945201
Oh I remember that paper.

Yeah, it got debunked in another paper the next week.
>>
>>945300
So God has very willfully let millions of people be born outside the reach of Christ, in America and Australia, as an example?
Why give someone a free will and expect him to find you if there's no possible way he can do that in?
Isn't it rather weird if you tell your subjects to go out and spread the gospel all over the world if they even won't e able to do that for more than a thousand years?
>>
>>945320
*reproduce it
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 21

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.