[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: we talk about some of Hitler's good ideas. No JIDF
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 12
File: hqdefault(7).jpg (22 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault(7).jpg
22 KB, 480x360
ITT: we talk about some of Hitler's good ideas.

No JIDF and/or stormfront pls.
>>
Discrediting fascism and far-right politics in Europe.
>>
>>922100
Nationalism was important for people/nations who want to protect their differences.
>>
>>922100
His suicide was the best thing to happen to Germany
It allowed some of them to surrender
>>
>>922100

I don't know.

Had Hitler won the war he would have outlawed meat and cigarettes and most likely alcohol.

That would most likely make most right wingers feel bad.
>>
>>922115
t. Eternal Anglo
>>
>>922119
Cry harder g*rm
Hitler ruined his country
>>
File: 3.jpg (329 KB, 1280x1057) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
329 KB, 1280x1057
>>922125
>tfw I'm not German or anglo
Polan will inherit the earth tbqh
>>
>>922117
>outlawed meat
[citation needed]
>>
>>922100
The Autobahn and Volkswagen
>>
>>922200

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Animal_welfare_in_Nazi_Germany
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adolf_Hitler_and_vegetarianism

Hitler said, "One may regret living at a period when it's impossible to form an idea of the shape the world of the future will assume. But there's one thing I can predict to eaters of meat: the world of the future will be vegetarian."
>>
Attacking through the Ardennes was incredibly risky but ultimately Hitler decided to go with it after the original plans for the attack were captured off a crashed Luftwaffe officer.
Probably the smartest thing he did which was mostly unintentional and lucky.
>>
>>922215

Arguably he wasn't lucky, it was Manstein's plan, but Hitler took credit for it.
>>
>>922100
Banning smoking in public buildings
>>
Animal Welfare, Protection of the Environment, the infrastructure investments he put into Germany (Autobahn being the most notable, but there were many), Hitler youth (Whether you agree with the actual politics of it, the absence of youth programs in modern countries is why the youth are fucking shit, most boomers went through cadet programs outside of school)
>>
>>922100
Keynesianism
>>
>>922100
On the Manstein note, his heavy support of the Luftwaffe and especially the proliferation of lots of armor units over the objection of the cavalry and infantry establishment officers, and listening to people like Manstein and Guderian when they talked about schwerpunkt and blitzkrieg being the future of modern warfare.

Again, probably more just luck than any real genius, but he definitely backed the right horse on that one.
>>
>>922212
How the hell does that mean he was planning on outlawing meat?
>>
>>922202
the german highway network was not hitlers idea
>>
>>922346
Hitler was known for getting lucky. He got lucky so often you have to wonder whether it was luck at all. Genius can often masquerade as luck to the untrained eye.
>>
>>922354
Politicians rarely personally come up with their policies

It was Hitler who undertook the construction of them and therefore, he gets the credit

>The more you know
>>
>>922359
It's what can only be described as luck.

Too many things he had no control over went right. How many bombings he survived out of dumb luck is ridiculous in and of itself, to say nothing of the other lucky things that happened in his life.
>>
>>922370
in this thread we were supposed to talk about hitler's ideas
the highways were not one of them
in fact, he and his buddies actively opposed their construction at first
>>
File: 1306589473463.jpg (7 KB, 168x251) Image search: [Google]
1306589473463.jpg
7 KB, 168x251
>>922383
This is going to devolve into arguing about semantics so lets just agree to disagree about who gets credit for what
>>
The German government officially declared the Sioux to be Aryans
>>
>>922389
Does that extend to other Amerindians? Cause it'd be fun to go around calling myself aryan master race.
>>
>>922374
Sounds like he was vigilant and lucky. Nobody gets that lucky. A person of average intelligence can't do what he did. His oratory alone was world-class, and he had many other talents going for him as well. You can't say Germany was running great but Hitler had nothing to do with it. It wasn't running great before he got into office.
>>
File: handsom devil.jpg (7 KB, 184x273) Image search: [Google]
handsom devil.jpg
7 KB, 184x273
>>922383
he had the idea to going forward to consturct the highways which where the ideas presented by another, the highways didnt magic themselfs,
>>
>>922352
>jews are shit
>11 milion people killed
>the world of the future will be vegetarian
I CAN SEE WHERE THIS WAS GOING
>>
>Norway gets invaded by nazies
>Do shitloads of changes in goverment structure and funding
>Norway ends up keeping 90% of it after the war, because it just works
>>
>>923418
Everything works when you're an oilnigger.
>>
>>922346

you ever see that movie trope where the boss ask for some out of the box ideas, and then the new guy suggest some retarded plan that everyone knows is stupid, but the boss goes with it anyway and it ends up working? And then the boss thinks that guy is a genius so the guy just starts making up more retarded plans that luckily work out? while everyone else desperately tries to convince the boss the guy is just incredibly lucky?

Thats pretty much what Hitler was. except he is both the boss and the new guy with crazy ideas
>>
Seems like Hitler was directly involved in went to shit. He wasn't particularly charismatic, either, except in the eyes of working class "make Germany great again" memers. Most people thought he was kind of a joke until circumstance thrust him into power.

Germany was the center of world science, culture, and industry, and so a German state that was pissed off was always going to be a formidable threat. But Nazism basically ruined that with their stupidity.
>>
Hitler's attempt to create a motorist culture in Germany was, at the time, rather forward thinking. The inevitable global warming aside, a full roll out of the KdF wagon along with the autobahn would have been a real boon to Germany's economy and help them diversify from an economy based mostly on re-armament.
>>
File: 2000px-Curzon_line_en.svg.png (317 KB, 2000x1822) Image search: [Google]
2000px-Curzon_line_en.svg.png
317 KB, 2000x1822
He gave Poland a lot of new land.
>>
>>922103
>Discrediting fascism
But the left loves fascism, they just don't know what it is
>>
File: adolfalps.jpg (8 KB, 208x300) Image search: [Google]
adolfalps.jpg
8 KB, 208x300
>>922100

I know this is going to start a shit fest before I even ask it, but how legitimate was Hitlers claims that jews caused and/or profited from Germanys downfall in the wake of WW1? Did he think jews were like carpetbagger vultures who came into Germany to pick at the bones?

What specific events caused him to hate jews?
>>
>>922234
The Hitler Youth was a shitty youth program because it was so all-encompassing on the time of the child that it interfered with their primary education and home life. Not to mention the fact that most of the kids in the HJ thought it was boring as hell. Unlike traditional youth groups that were to some extant organized and run by the youth themselves, the HJ was just a mini army, with all the boring and stultifying listening to orders that entails.
>>
>>923482
The German revolution
The fact that Jews didn't seem to invest in the economy.

Just reciting memes though
>>
File: 1428866549362.jpg (135 KB, 1333x1000) Image search: [Google]
1428866549362.jpg
135 KB, 1333x1000
>>923484
>Not to mention the fact that most of the kids in the HJ thought it was boring as hell.
>>
>>923490
I don't really get how people blame the revolutions at the end of the war at the Jews.
Sure, most of the leaders were Jewish, but the people were at the brink of starvation and the war seemed to be lost already.
What else could really have happened than people generally asking the central governance to fuck off?
>>
>>923482
Because of the treaty of Versailles. It left Germany financially crippled. Jewish banking high interest loans cutting a leg out then war reparations on the other. Then from a cultural standpoint Jew's and Germans supposedly kept to their respective sides of town. And Jew's owned many businesses and were well,...Jewish
>>
>>922100
an idea of Hitler. Cut German men balls with deny them do marriages at foreign girls.
>>
>>923494
whoops, forgot the citation.

>>923484
Evans, Richard J. The Third Reich in Power. New York: Penguin, 2006. Print.
>>
>>923511
Didn't the allies start to lower the required payments form Germany as the war went on though? Isn't the Versailles treaty's effect on Germany a bit overblown?
>>
>>923515
The Treaty of Versailles was a convenient tool of propaganda. Germany really had no right to bitch about harsh treaties after their own Treaty of Brest-Litovsk. By the time WW2 had started Versailles was dead anyway, Germany had broken so many of its previsions.
>>
>>923504
>but the people were at the brink of starvation and the war seemed to be lost already.

Bullshit and you know it. It was just communist opportunism. They thought WW1 would start a chain reaction throughout Europe and saw how successful the communist were in russia and thought it would be the same for them. Then waited for when Germany was at its apparent weakess to strike.

And I guess they just saw this revolution as really anti-german traitors. Then since it was run by jews, who were inspired by a russian jew, who were all acting from the ideas of a German jew, they started to see all jews and/or communist as traitors to Germany and not real Germans
>>
>>923527
None stated how the Russian Jew got sponsored by the Germans and how that German Jew got half his ideas from a Anglo Goy?
And it did die at least 400.000 Germans form the Blockade so I suppose it did something for the general unrest.
>>
Boost the economy by creating a industrial military complex, let private interests rule politics, promote conformism among the population, make thought a crime, invade other countries to prevent the collapse of the industrial military complex, enslave occupied countries for free labor, boost the economy by denying citizenship to a certain segment of the population and stealing their property, make the public applaud the end of the rule of law, fake false flag attacks to justify your tiranny, make your message appealing to resented individuals, dont reason, make empty promises, romanticize your nature, become an idol

Also, ban tabacco
>>
>>923482
The Jew hate runs deeper than WW1 runoff. They kept to themselves didn't assimilate into German culture. Were shrewd business men. I remember reading somewhere how Jew's were poisoning water Wells in the 1600s...I think the name of the book was either "What we knew" or "They thought they were free"
>>
>>923551

its older than that. Literally every stereotype of jews today, even the ancient romans were saying about them
>>
File: naziexercise.jpg (139 KB, 500x408) Image search: [Google]
naziexercise.jpg
139 KB, 500x408
whichever one of his ideas that led to the wholesale rape German women and girls was not one of his best ones
>>
>>923577
Says you.
>>
>>922100
If Hitler had focused entirely on attacking Communism and nothing else he would be remembered as a hero today.
>>
>>923536
you forgot
>sign and negotiate diplomatic treaties then proceed to go on with your plan as if you never signed them
>>
>>922117
>outlawed meat
there's reports of Hitler eating meat
>>
Autarky is always nice and they are commendable in this regard
>>
>>922100
Deficit spending
Investing in infra
Owning a dog
>>
>>922100
Painting is a good activity.
>>
he was a complete genius in the field of propaganda
>>
>>923514
seemingly, Evans just hates Germany and has tainted views of everything to do with Germany during 1930s-40s. Why don't you just look at some pictures of HJ and see how many kids are looking bored as hell.
>protip: none of them
>>
>>922100
Saved the German economy by investing in the country, kick out France out of the Ruhr, promote sports and camaraderie among youth, youth organizations for both girls and boys, social programs - Winterhilfswerk, labour laws and workers rights groups DAF, heavy focus on farming and sustainability, remove undesirables from society & lebensraum, military structure with excellent command and control, hosting 1936 olympics for transparency, gain the trust of his people and have the highest political rating, develop an elite fighting unit based on loyalty and honour, advanced weapon capabilities in guns tanks anti-tanks aircraft etc., agreeing to commitment to remove chemical weapons from warfare, V2 ballistic missiles, new architectural style, animals' rights and sedation in slaughter, autobahn growth, volkswagen investment, anti-smoking campaign, and the beginning of nuclear energy though it was abandoned for other projects
>>
>>928041
>dismissing serious scholarship with unfounded assertions
>"but check out these pictures taken by the nazis that show how much everyone loved the nazis"

:/
>>
>>923482
It was several independent Jewish groups/individuals did things that fucked with Germany directly and indirectly but to someone back then looks like a conspiracy
>>
>>928322
treating hearsay evidence from individuals who feel guilt for living in a country during the greatest period in modern history under a name of atrocities and arguably feeling shame or even disgust for enjoying that part of their life.
The only way you'll convince me otherwise would be a memoir of someone actually attending these youth groups and personal experience that would suggest a statistic of overall unhappiness.
Your cucked m8, why do you persist?
>>
>>922252
>Implying Hitler's insane militaristic Keynesianism is sound economic policy without invading and expropriating the wealth of other countries.
>Implying this didn't cause the whole world to declare war against Germany and destroy it.
>>
>>923484
My great grandma said she really enjoyed the time at the Bund Deutscher Mädel (female equivalent of the Hitler Jugend), but that was mostly because it got her away from her shitty family.
>>
>>928839
>implying those selfsame nations weren't benefiting off of the rise of Adi and his bad goy policies
>>
>>923551
>They kept to themselves didn't assimilate into German culture.
That's entirely false though
Jews in Germany were heavily assimilated
They volunteered in WWI at a higher rate than anyone else for instance
>>
>>922132
>Be me
>Citizen of Glorious Polish Empire
>Living in Glorious Imperial Capital Warsaw
>Decided to go to bar for a drink
>Go to pay
>Ask how much
>"That'll be 250 Rubles comrade"
>mfw
>>
>>923551
>I remember reading somewhere how Jew's were poisoning water Wells in the 1600s
That isn't true, people claimed that, and that the plague was caused by them poisoning wells (which also wasn't true).
>>
>>922352
I don't think you're familiar with the nazi government anon.
>>
File: handsome gorilla 49.jpg (76 KB, 624x468) Image search: [Google]
handsome gorilla 49.jpg
76 KB, 624x468
>>922132
>Bootleg marpat
>American flag
>slavic face
>AK build

What am I looking at here?
>>
File: 1456455803682.jpg (14 KB, 500x316) Image search: [Google]
1456455803682.jpg
14 KB, 500x316
>>930610
>traders belonging to an international clique of bankers with connections to the east as the Khazars. Not bringing in the Black Death through the former Khazar port of Kaffa.
>>
>>930623
You kurwa wot, m8?
>>
>>930627
>traders belonging to an international clique of bankers with connections to the east as the Khazars. Not bringing in the Black Death through the former Khazar port of Kaffa.
I don't know about that (though I doubt it), but I was pointing out the well poisoning thing isn't true.
>>
>>930627
There's a big difference between purposefully infecting people and accidentally spreading it through travel.
>>
>>930642
If it was brought by them into Europe, intentionally or no, inferentially, the well connection can easily be made, my ungoyish Freund.
>>
>>930678
>If it was brought by them into Europe, intentionally or no, inferentially, the well connection can easily be made, my ungoyish Freund.
But the connection wouldn't be true, that's my point.
>>
>>928814
>Evans uses extensive quotations from diaries of people written during the third Reich as primary sources, as well as internal Reich documents to illustrate how the HJ, while enjoyed by some, mainly just interfered with schooling, created rifts within families, and bored most kids who were forced into it.
>"where are the memoirs of those who lived it? I'd accept those if you could provide them"

This is why no one takes the "Nazi Germany wasn't so bad" crowd seriously. :/
>>
>>922234
>most boomers went through cadet programs outside of school
What?
>>
>>922100
I guess that the Nazis were conservationists in theory at least, since they didnt have many conservationist policies.

I think I remember reading that some wanted to turn Białowieża Forest or even all of Western Belarus into a giant nature reserve.
>>
>>922100
Maybe we can ask the Germans in that time who voted for him.
>>
>>922212
>Wikipedia

Great fucking source their anon, I almost feel like I'm really on Reddit.

Newsflash: When it comes to issues that are politically sensitive, Wikipedia can be as biased as Mother Jones. For example in https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Order_(Nazism) and a couple other articles they actually claim the Nazis intended to exterminate 80% of all people in Britain and France and that Hitler saw them as racially inferior (their source? why a confession from some random nazi officer of course!). As someone who has actually studied this shit in an academic setting I can tell you this is total fucking horseshit. Hitler admired the Brits viewing them as ethnically kin to the Germans and many French were even inducted into the SS. Yet there it is anyway, cited as fact.

>tldr this is a history board, please don't embarrass yourself by citing Wikipedia
>>
>>931858
It's from Joseph fucking Goebbels
>>
>>931886
Well, Himmler according to the article, but still, not 'some random nazi officer'.
>>
>>931926
>"In late February 1943 Otto Bräutigam of the Reich Ministry for the Occupied Eastern Territories claimed he had the opportunity to read a personal report by General Eduard Wagner about a discussion with Heinrich Himmler, in which Himmler had expressed the intention to kill about 80% of the populations of France and England by special forces of the SS after the German victory.[19] In an unrelated event, Hitler had on one occasion called the English lower classes "racially inferior".[20]"

No its from some bureaucrat claiming he read a report that said Himmler said that.
>>
>>928041
>Evans just hates Germany
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flight_and_expulsion_of_Germans_%281944%E2%80%9350%29#Legacy_of_the_expulsions
>British historian Richard J. Evans wrote that although the expulsions of ethnic Germans from Eastern Europe was done in an extremely brutal manner that could not be defended, the basic aim of expelling the ethnic German population of Poland and Czechoslovakia was justified by the subversive role played by the German minorities before World War II.
Is he a butthurt British equivalent of neo-con or something?
>>
>>932513
Though nothing of that sounds any wrong.

T.Swede
>>
>>928814
>>931625
nazi faggot blown out, jesus christ stop posting anytime (kek who am i kidding this is shitposting general)
>>
Honestly, eugenics was the best idea to come out of the 20th century. It's a shame Hitler had to take things overboard and ruin it for everyone else.
>>
>>934718

Yes, now we're supposed to believe that sterilizing mental defectives with an IQ of 50 is somehow immoral and evil. I'm still perplexed on this one.
>>
>>934767
Not to mention child molesters and psychotic schizophrenics.
>>
>>923536
>do meth
>ban tobacco
>>
File: image.jpg (131 KB, 550x526) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
131 KB, 550x526
>>922132
>tfw pissing off the EU with our homie Hungary
>>
>>930623
Polish guy who served in the US military, has a YouTube channel about AKs.
t. /k/
>>
File: 1446031162062.png (236 KB, 1016x622) Image search: [Google]
1446031162062.png
236 KB, 1016x622
>>923482
Nationalists usually hate it when Communists attempt to take over.
>>
>>940920
>No names
>No sources
>Factually incorrect information
>Disregarding other leaders
>Disregarding other factors
>Basically a /pol/-tier infograph and shit
>Opinion summarily discarded
Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.