[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does one convert to and become a priest in the Roman Catholic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7
File: JohannesPaul2-portrait.jpg (27 KB, 217x266) Image search: [Google]
JohannesPaul2-portrait.jpg
27 KB, 217x266
How does one convert to and become a priest in the Roman Catholic Church?
>>
>>902979
Look up the number for the Church nearest you. Pick up the phone, give them a call. It's supposed to be pretty easy from what I've heard. Not even much of a background check.
>>
File: Altar_Boys.jpg (27 KB, 423x315) Image search: [Google]
Altar_Boys.jpg
27 KB, 423x315
>>902979
Nigga, forreal...?
>>
>>902983
lol no

You have to get into seminary school, after being baptized, the confirmation, get known by the local priest, knowing your biblical shit.

It's not get in and feel like it, the local ordinary (a rank, an invested priest) has to support you, like a recomendation. After that you should get tuition fees sorted out, scholarships and what not.

After being ordained, you may apply for a theology degree, even a PhD in Spain or wherever you think is worth it.
>>
>>903077
FUCKIN EPIC ANON

You really showed them skyfairy-worshippers

RELIGION BTFO, how will the Catholic church ever recover?
>>
>>903077
Depends on were you study though. In a Theology Faculty you learn ancient, medieval and modern catholic philosophy, church history, latin, greek, and protocols of priesthood for 5 years. Then you are up for a masters and a PhD. Almost all archbishops have doctorates in theology.

It's not just christian mythology, that shit is for sunday school, it's about learning the logic behind a millenial institution that used to rule the world. Now it just supports coups, conservative doctrines, child molestations, aids in africa, but you know, shit happens.

Google Theology Faculties around the world and check their curriculums, you'll see what they teach and even how much they charge like any other career.
>>
>>903097

They literally won't. I've never seen such an intense BTFOing to be perfectly honest with you all.
>>
File: Chimp.png (214 KB, 510x358) Image search: [Google]
Chimp.png
214 KB, 510x358
>>903097
Hmmm...

A bit aggressive for a created being, aren't you? You sure you're not simply a product of animal evolution?
>>
>>902979
Conversion takes a few months of classes held at your local church.
Priesthood requires several years of education in a seminary, usually with a bachelor's degree as a pre-requisite.
>>
>>903097
lol

Buttmad delusional detected
>>
File: Iesus Nazarenus.jpg (152 KB, 485x600) Image search: [Google]
Iesus Nazarenus.jpg
152 KB, 485x600
>>903144
>evolution
Thank God for that.
>>
>>903050
And if you were raised Roman Catholic (Baptized, confirmation, etc) and took Latin in highschool, would it be easier?
>>
>>903144
PSST! The Catholic church has not had an anti-evolution stance in decades.... Thats mostly backwards American jesus-junkies.
>>
>>903287
Easier compared to a neophyte, yes, but really it makes no difference. It's not just deciding for a career like everything else, you really REALLY need vocation and answer the call from god. As corny as it sounds, this is required and priests will give you a psychology test to see if you are actually making a serious decision, which is simply talking to you and asking why you want in.

They can detect bullshiters and can say no, they have passed the test and also are convinced god is the one making the call, are used to talking to people (it's their job), so if a new guy they have known from a week wants in and no other church knows him, he's fucked. Catholics have registries, so every one has a designated church, they know this and can find out quite easily.

If you just want a new life, you're better off joining the french foreign legion, they accept up to 40 years old without prior military training, no background checks, even with a fake name! (well, after terrorism there will be checkups, but who would be dumb enough to join it to blow them up, right? r-right?)

>>903291
That's because they simply said "well, things adapt, but god created them!!". Same thing with aliens, since now it's a clear focus with science and a simple matter of "when" and not "if" considering how fucking huge is the universe, John Paul II decided to apply the same reasoning when the americas were found and brought back people: "who the fuck are these guys and who created them? There are no mentions of another continent in the bible, even less with people on it, wtf!" So, since they are humans and can learn, they can believe in god, so it's ok. Thus, evangelization was required and promoted as a legal issue.

Church adapt to the times in their own way, they are quite the experts at it.
>>
>>903280

Indeed, I love eating and breathing through the same hole so I can choke to death
>>
>>902979
You need to be born into the church to be a priest
>>
>>903291
Biggest "red flag" of evolution for CC was that it was inherently deterministic and they dislike determinism.

Since they don't take bible literally though, they allow things like this to exist.
>>
On an unrelated note. How difficult is it to be accepted into a monastery or other coenobitic community such as the Benedictines, the Cistercians, Domnicans, the various non-layman Franciscans, Carthusians, etc.
>>
>>902979
Become İsrael's dog, then everything becomes easy.
>>
>>904321
>I'm a filthy mouthbreather
What are nostrils?
>>
>>902979
Can't you rape little boys on your own?
>>
>>904321
>What is a trachea?
>What is an esophagus?
>>
>>904316
The Catholic Church has a deep seated need to be accepted by the world. Hence the Big Bang theory by one of their priests, and the nod towards "theistic evolution", which is junk science and junk theology.

Friendship with the world is enmity with God.
>>
>>905096
lol
>>
File: three-little-pigs.jpg (21 KB, 300x278) Image search: [Google]
three-little-pigs.jpg
21 KB, 300x278
>>905697
Keep lolling...
>>
>>902979
>I Want to Fiddle Boys: The Thread
>>
>>902979
I have a seminarian friend.
>>
File: two_fiddle_boys.jpg (40 KB, 551x424) Image search: [Google]
two_fiddle_boys.jpg
40 KB, 551x424
>>906682
No... that's this thread: >>904514
>>
>>902979
I'm currently attending a school that has a Pre-Major Seminary track and dormitory on campus and share most of my classes with men seeking priesthood.

Most of the information is in this thread, though.
You'll need to be sponsored by a church following a series of psychological and spiritual tests to test your seriousness and abilities.
If they deem you fit, they will often have a connection to a college/pre-seminary that allows you to complete a B.A. in Philosophy. (I have a few older friends that have degrees in other areas that are still required to have certain classes and credits in philosophy.) There are opportunities there to find out other aptitudes you may have and exercise your hands as a worker for God.
My friends have bi-annual meetings with their sponsors, pre-seminary staff, and parish priests to test your current state and then will decide if you'll be allowed to continue.
If you make it through all of that, your diocese will most likely decide what you're good at/where there is a need and where you'll go for major seminary. Then it's about 4 years of theology training and . . . I don't really know after that. But the first step is going and speaking with the priest closest to you.

I have seen in one year about 10% leave the seminary. It is not any easy path and the simplest thing to do now is pray for guidance and seek external help from a priest.

God Bless
>>
File: altarboyscandle.jpg (157 KB, 417x585) Image search: [Google]
altarboyscandle.jpg
157 KB, 417x585
>>906979
>exercise your hands as a worker for God.

Yeah, baby... exercise that shit.
>>
>>906979
>If they deem you fit, they will often have a connection to a college/pre-seminary that allows you to complete a B.A. in Philosophy
...and there you'll meet a 10/10 Catholic girl who loves you and wants to marry you.

You'd still wanna become a priest? :^)
>>
>>907535
The second year in-seminary training is all about sex and love and, believe it or not, is when most guys leave the seminary.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.