[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
can someone explain this map? the way I see things, haplogroup
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 11
File: 350px-Haplogroup_I.png (171 KB, 350x271) Image search: [Google]
350px-Haplogroup_I.png
171 KB, 350x271
can someone explain this map?
the way I see things, haplogroup I (I1 & I2) represent the old mesolithic hunter-gatherers of Europe
as we got neolithic haplogroups, these old ones were pushed back

so it makes sense that I is higher in Scandinavia, and it grows less common from there
but why is Bosnia so high in it?
>>
File: 1450226040394.jpg (54 KB, 337x437) Image search: [Google]
1450226040394.jpg
54 KB, 337x437
>>
File: M423.gif (1 MB, 2393x1850) Image search: [Google]
M423.gif
1 MB, 2393x1850
allow me
>>
File: nuragicwarrior.jpg (47 KB, 427x640) Image search: [Google]
nuragicwarrior.jpg
47 KB, 427x640
>>874991
during the neolithic revolution, indo-europeans pushed in from the east while meds pushed from the south west, the changes were drastic like the displacement of hunter gatherer native americans

the nuragics, hamangia (balkans) and Cucuteni Trypillian culture remained uncucked as they adopted agriculture rapidly through trade and resisted migrations

then later the nords migrated into Germany and north western europe
>>
>>875124
>native americans
>>
>>875163
what meme prompted the greentext
>>
>>874991
>but why is Bosnia so high in it?
Two words: Mountains. Inbreeding.

Actually the same applies to Scandinavia except it's less mountain and more snow.
>>
File: Image54.jpg (36 KB, 856x565) Image search: [Google]
Image54.jpg
36 KB, 856x565
>>875201
This and only this. Look at E-V13 and Albania.
>>
File: 2dkweaw.jpg (328 KB, 1600x1538) Image search: [Google]
2dkweaw.jpg
328 KB, 1600x1538
>>875124
>the nuragics
Sardinians and Canary Islanders are literally the purest living descendants of the Neolithic farmers from the Middle East. In fact they have remarkably little paleo-european admixture, that's why they're usually off the charts on genetic maps.

>Cucuteni Trypillian
Cuckuteni were not the cucks because they were likely the ancestors of the ones doing the cucking. But yeah.
>>
>>875124
/fa/ as fuck helmet desu famiglia
>>
>>875263
>Remarkably little paleo european admixture
>>875021
They have more than Tuscans and Spanish people
>>
>>877046
And even more than Southern french now that I see the map.

Also from your map they seem to be closer to them than Sicilians and Tuscans
>>
File: blankmapeuropegjpclfv1a0.png (241 KB, 2100x1525) Image search: [Google]
blankmapeuropegjpclfv1a0.png
241 KB, 2100x1525
>>877046
>>877053
>>875263
It doesn't look remarkably little coimpared to other Southern Europeans like the Greeks and Southern Italians:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1x8pm8sVcHqceiNFJMO082kxaBF5ePr4__bAK05VQRFw/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=62882571
>>
File: whg.png (285 KB, 1280x930) Image search: [Google]
whg.png
285 KB, 1280x930
>>877070
>>877053
>>877046
What Sardinians lack is ANE (Ancient north Euasian) DNA, which is NOT paleo european dna (WHG), ancient north Eurasians are natives to Siberia, not Europe and Sardinians have very few of that dna because they didn't get invaded en mass by proto indo europeans during the bronze age.

They do have some paleo european blood, more than most other Southern euros in fact, excluding the Iberians who have slightly more, because neolithic farmers mixed with the native europeans/western hunter gatherer during the neolithic.

The ethnicities who have the most mesolithic/paleo european blood in Europe are the Baltic people as you can see.
>>
File: genes.jpg (175 KB, 1600x1538) Image search: [Google]
genes.jpg
175 KB, 1600x1538
>>875263
>>875263
I'm not sure what you mean, your chart seems to back up my theory, they are far from middle eastern origin genes and distinct from other europeans
>>
>>877099
Early European farmers originated from Anatolia and are genetically distant from modern day middle easterners who mixed with Arabs, Mongols and what not.

Anyways yeah that guy is wrong because as I've shown Sardinians do have a decent amout of paleo european dna, even more than most other Southern Euros.
>>
File: mtDNA-H1-H3-map.png (73 KB, 800x581) Image search: [Google]
mtDNA-H1-H3-map.png
73 KB, 800x581
Y-DNA must always be taken with a grain of salt.
If you take Sardinia for instance, the high percentage is believed to be likely a founder effect taking place, like some dude(s) with the mesolithic I2a2 managing to have a lot of offspring perhaps in a period where the population of the island was pretty low.
Neolithic Europeans apparently mostly had Y-DNA G, which is still pretty high in the island compared to the rest of Europe.

Also, there were likely some trapped WHG on the island from the end of the last ice age who would've had that male haplogroup, that's also how they would've got it, even though Neolithic west mediterraneans such as the ones who populated Sardinia had already mixed with paleo Europeans, especially with the females, which is also why you find such high frequencies of native western European mtDNA.
>>
>>877109

>Also, there were likely some trapped WHG on the island from the end of the last ice age who would've had that male haplogroup

I know for a fact that the island was inhabited by paleo europeans since 20,000 bc and there are many findings of plaeoluthic and mesolithic human bones on the island so you're correct about that.
>>
>>875030
Funny how people from the Dinaric alps are pretty tall too, just like the Scandi's and northern germans.
>>
File: k9_components_on_k8_pca.png (60 KB, 1330x726) Image search: [Google]
k9_components_on_k8_pca.png
60 KB, 1330x726
>>877108
Yeah, I fucked up in my claims. I might even have got them confused with Sicilians there, that's what happens when I post at 3 am.

The main point was that Sardinians and Canary Islanders are by far the closest living people to the Neolithic farmers from Anatolia, so the hypothesis that Nuragics didn't get cucked and just adopted agriculture through trade seems too unlikely.

For the second point, Sardinians also have little Caucasian or Central Asian admixture compared to most other Europeans, and those that have even less than them (Greeks, Southern Italians) usually have higher Arabic and Levantine admixture than most Europeans, which Sardinians also lack. They are fairly close to Western European Hunter Gatherers compared to those Southern Europeans with recent Near Eastern ancestry, but they're less close to Scandinavian/Northern Hunter Gatherers or Eastern Hunter Gatherers (through the North Eurasians) than all the other European groups, so overall I would say they have less paleo-European DNA than most, if we're allowed to count the North Eurasians as European ancestors.

Shit's confusing, but you can clearly spot Sardinians on this map even if they aren't explicitly labeled, they cluster nicely away from other Europeans.
>>
>>874991
halpogroup croatian kingdom shows up again
BLOODY FUCKING POETRY
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.