[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lots of writing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: India-Pakistan.jpg (10 KB, 315x160) Image search: [Google]
India-Pakistan.jpg
10 KB, 315x160
So I challenged my world histories teacher and now i am writing an 80 page Essay/Thesis to prove that i'm not an idiot. not sure if right thread but need help.
>How do we as the United States of America Prevent India and Pakistan from going to war AND relieve tensions between the countries.
>>
>>1053595

>How do we as the United States of America Prevent India and Pakistan from going to war

They'll never go to war. They both have nuclear arsenals pointed at each other. Mutually assured destruction. They don't need the US of all countries going in there and causing more chaos and upheaval (like they always do with their "humanitarian interventions")

>relieve tensions between the countries

1. Promote business and trade, etc
2. Take Pakistan to task for supporting insurgencies and terror-related activities in Poo-in-Loo land
3. Take the Poo-in-Loos to task for supporting insurgencies and terror-related activities in Pakistan (Balochistan specifically)
>>
>>1053872
>3. Take the Poo-in-Loos to task for supporting insurgencies and terror-related activities in Pakistan (Balochistan specifically)
No proof
T.RAW
>>
>>1053595

Nuke em both. When both countries are cinders, they won't be warring against anyone. And with no people, there will be no tensions.
>>
File: image.jpg (134 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
134 KB, 1024x768
>>1054214
Good idea m8, but why stop there? I say we nuke the whole world, don't stop until it's nothing but ashes and dust
>>
File: Gary Powers.jpg (45 KB, 624x352) Image search: [Google]
Gary Powers.jpg
45 KB, 624x352
>>1053595
Reform islam in the same way christianity is reformed to bring about a more secularised middle east and with it Pakistan, get countries to stop supporting Pakistan's bad behaviour and encourage all forms of cooperation between India and Pakistan. After this just dismantle Pakistan as a state and incorporate Pakistan into India, ending this split between two nations that should not be two at all, but is only two because the western powers needed a buffer zone between India and the soviet union so they used the difference in religion and nothing else to separate these ppl. No ethnic border exists, only religious. Just end it that way.
>>
>go back in time to 1971
>kill kissinger
>help india partition pakistan into smaller buffer states instead of sending nuke subs to discourage them
>>
>>1054674

You must know that an outside power attempting to reform Islam is just never going to work.

Your post is one of the most mind numbingly niave ideas I've ever come across. Pakistan and India will never agree to reunite, you're asking them to forget literally centuries of bad blood, human nature wouldn't allow it.
>>
>>1054674
I'm an atheist and even I know 'reform' won't happen in islam, bringing about a more secularised culture would be more likely.
>>
>>1054818
>>1054824
I should have made it clear that I don't think it would be an exclusively outside effort. The reformers would have to be muslim and live in those places. One could still support those voices and on top of that put pressure on them from the outside. This goes for other countries too. If the US would stop being dependent on the middle eastern oil they could put pressure on Saudi arabia for instance, as should all other western states imo. We need to move away from these hypocritical alliances just because they provide resources or strategic ground. I'm very aware that these are naive ideas, but they are where we want to end up and you have to start somewhere.
>100s of years
to my knowledge it was created in 1947 and it wasn't clear then that they would be two nations, Gandhi for instance had avision of a big india. I must admit I don't know much about history before this so if they have been split as two groups and had lots of fighting and seen each other as "others" then I suppose it would be harder to enforce. Still, I think if islam was reformed there would definitely be better relations between the two nations at the very least.
>>
>>1054818
>centuries of bad blood
Only 70 years
>>
>>1053872
But the destruction from an exchange between the India and Pakistan isn't mutually assured. Its still feasible that one could destroy the other before they other is able to respond, which means in a crisis either one will either have to hit the button fist or not at all.

Compare this to the US in Russia, where between the submarine fleets, number of hidden weapons, and vast swathes of land for hiding make it impossible for either to completely destroy the opponents ability to retaliate.
>>
>>1053595

>How do we as the United States of America Prevent India and Pakistan from going to war AND relieve tensions between the countries.]

well according to americas track record i would suggest removing your selves as far as possible from the entire region
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.