[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did God create humans when he has angels? They have free
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 1
File: 1428694355485.jpg (8 KB, 249x243) Image search: [Google]
1428694355485.jpg
8 KB, 249x243
Why did God create humans when he has angels?

They have free will, and use it to praise him 24/7.

All the rotten ones are in hell.
>>
>>782122
I'm irreligious but blah blah blah something something Augustine:

to create maximum good (because god just has to do that for some reason, because he's god and god is good), god made each degree of good, from the smallest good to the largest one

i.e. a garage with the "most good" car is not as good as the garage with the most good car plus the secondmost and the thirdmost and the fourthmost, etc. Hence "evil" and natural disasters; they're just "really low on the good scale" as opposed to evil or bad. To me though, the fact that it's a matter of how it's scaled seems to imply that right and wrong are merely a matter of convention or perspective, which is a very amoral and unchristian thing to believe in.
>>
>>782122
Because humans don't challenge him, unlike Satan, belzebub and belial
>>
>>782122

>Angels
>Free will

Oh look, a Christian being wrong again.

Angels don't have free will. As for their purpose, look at their Hebrew name, מַלְאַךְ which quite literally means "messenger". They're errand boys for God, often sent when the message being delivered is to either someone unworthy (Think Balaam) or too worked up (The angel sent to tell Abraham to not actually kill Isaac) to deal with a full blown Divine visitation.
>>
>>782260
satan, an angel, used his free will to rebel against God.

Interesting question, op. Unfortunately, you drew the Jew Grammarian to it.
>>
Why did God shape evil if God is inherently good?
>>
>>782298
nigga the argument from evil was already addressed in the first post, evil is simply the least-good thing and god has to create all good things
>>
>>782122
No Angels are in hell. Iblis is a jinn and not a angel.
>>
>>782326

Jibril is Shaitan, and lied to Mohammad.
>>
>>782280

Satan, the angel, works for God, as is demonstrated in the book of Job, where he can't do anything to the title character until God gives him permission to do so.
>>
If evil exists because of free will, does that mean heaven has evil?
>>
>>782256
>satan
>challenging god
Lolno it was a smackdown. God is just salty satan isnt sucking his dick.
>>
They're remnants from the ancient Israelite polytheistic pantheon. Modern Abrahamic religions are very imperfectly monotheistic.
>>
>>782322
Says who?

God can do whatever he wants >>782326
>>
>>782447
Satan tried to corrupt Jesus in the NT and almost destroyed the world in Revelation

Why would God let Satan try to tempt him? It's impossible
>>
because he cannot inhabit the angels, but he can inhabit mankind. that is and has always been his plan for us

also hell doesn't really exist yet
>>
>>782907
Because trinitarian beliefs are false and God and the Son are distinct entities.
>>
>>782256
Also Azazel but he got his shit pushed in so hard that he's not relevant
>>
>>782914
I thought God can do anything
>>
>>782953
rather it is not his will to inhabit the angels
>>
>>782956
Why?

He doesn't like them?
>>
>>782907

You do realize you're responding to a Jewish guy, right? I somehow doubt he's going to accept Revelation, or really anything in the New Testament as valid scripture.
>>
>>782907
Omnipotence was a mistake desu.
>>
>>782907
Because he became man , and temptation is part of the human experience
>>
>>782256
>challenge
Literally impossible if he's an omnipotent being.
>>
>>783049
If he was a man he couldn't be God
>>
>>783049
How can god be perfect of parts of him become something?
>>
>>782881
No. Why would it?
>>
>>783058
>>783059

Except that is literally the foundation of christianity , that christ was God made man. As shown in the niciene creed "..by the power of the Holy Spirit
he became incarnate from the Virgin Mary,
and was made man."
>>
>>783058
>>783059
>>782936
You guys do realize Arianism was blown the fuck out right?
>>
Ever play telephone in school? You know how at the end the story is all fucked up? Why do people still believe the bible is all truth lol
>>
>>783058
Anything is possible if god exists. Too bad none of those things are possible.
>>
>>783085
Which is why Christianity is stupid. God already is every material thing anyway and he is in all of us.
>>
>>783208
>God already is every material thing anyway
[citation needed]
>>
>>783218
His point is wrong but God resides in everything. All matter is a derivative of his being.
>>
>>783218
Kierkegaard, the best religious philosopher.
>>
>>783223
How did he come to this conclusion? You know you can't argue your god into existence, right?>>783221
How did you reach this conclusion? If you were in ancient times, you wouldn't have even known about matter, it wouldn't even cross your mind. You're trying to make your faith fit reality when it doesn't, there isn't a model of this reality that requires a god to explain its existence.
>>
>>782122
Why are people still discussing religion seriously in 2016, like there still a chance its real?

I mean, the anthropological aspects of it can be interesting, but why are there so many folks still wondering if maybe, perhaps, its real?

Is that an american thing?
>>
>>782122
He did it for the lulz.

Literally.
>>
>>783236
Because the Bible is put into a historical setting so people mistake it for history and they think anything is possible since they think god exists.
>>
>>783236
Seems like it.

I notice third worlders like Amerifats tend to believe in paranormal stuff

Remember, these are the same folks who REEEEEE'D and started this entire shitshow over evolution

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scopes_Trial
>>
>>783236
lol, stupid fucking atheist
>>
>>783293
How is he stupid?
>>
>>783293
>2016
>personal god
>>
>They have free will

What the fuck am I reading?
>>
>>783236
you know christianity is growing rapidly around the world and atheism is declining?

you know that, right?
>>
>>783894
He said third worlders sempachi
>>
>>783909
10,000 people convert to christianity in China every day.

2nd world.
>>
>>783924
>2nd

Enjoy your piss eggs
>>
>>782122
Human beings are meant to be the bond between the created order and the divine.
>>
>>784242
What about jellyfish?
>>
>>783058

Of course he could. God is all powerful anon. He can be god and a freewilled human at the same time.
>>
Satan cannot do anything God does not give him permission to. However, because of Free Will God does not force his protection on any person. Sin separates Man from God, giving Satan authority over that person. This lasts until the person asks God for protection again by becoming free from sin.

So in a sense it is true that Satan cannot do anything he does not have permission to do, but it is largely a legal formality. For practical purposes in a fallen world, Satan can do almost anything to the sinful.
>>
If we ever find evidence of intelligent life on another planet that has to be the end of the abrahamic religions

Right?
>>
>>782122
>2016
>Angels
well I suppose you also believe that when you die you go to heaven.
I honestly don't understand how can people take the Christian lore seriously. The message can actually be good, I give that, but as a worldview, Christianity is seriously flawed

>>782280
>satan, an angel, used his free will to rebel against God.
source

>>782298
why did God create darkness if He is the light?
>>
Angeles don't exist, and neither does the Abrahamic God
>>
>>782122

Because the Angels were perfect beings who didn't sin, which meant God couldn't justify burning them in hell. So he created a race of literal mudpeople and ordered the angles to bow down to them, knowing that around 1/3 of them would refuse. This allowed him to justify easily crushing the "rebels" and then to punish them for their "crime" with an eternity of suffering. As a bonus, the hopelessly weak mudpeople he created were mostly too morally feeble to avoid hell too.

Why did God want to do this? Clearly, because he's a sadist.
>>
>>784319
>why did God create darkness if He is the light?

Darkness isn't a thing, it's just an absence of light.
>>
>>784353
my point exactly.
>>
>>784355

Darkness isn't a thing but according to Christians both Satan and Hell are. So no, false analogy is false.
>>
>>784358
but that's exactly my point. Christianity regards darkness as an active force, opposed to light, and gives it an independent existance, when that is most obviously contrary to the rules of matter that God supposedly created
>>
>>784382
>Christianity regards darkness as an active force

Really? Because that's retarded. And isn't that dualism / Maniceanism?
>>
>>784390
well, Mani was a Christian philosopher.
I just feel that some Oriental religions have a much more solid understanding of things and worldview in general. Then again, quoth the Dude, that's like, my opinion, man.
>>
>>784393
>Mani was a Christian philosopher.

Uh... Mani may well have known about Christianity, but his theology is Zoroastrian and Buddhist.
>>
>>782326
Eblis is not in Hell either, though. Due to the way things are worded in the Koran, I sometimes wonder if Hell is a self-created place, created by the infidels in the future, which the unbelievers will be sent to, the so called 'Satans' in the Koran.
>>
>>784443
yeah, I stand corrected. In his article in wikipedia in Portuguese, it says he had a Christian upbringing, which is probably true to some extent. But in the English article it just says that his father "was a member of the Jewish-Christian sect of the Elcesaites (a subgroup of the Gnostic Ebionites)."
damn brazilians
Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.