[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Saddam Hussein
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 7
File: saddam_hussein01.jpg (47 KB, 890x668) Image search: [Google]
saddam_hussein01.jpg
47 KB, 890x668
I know this is technically breaching the rules here, but can we have a thread about Saddam Hussein? I'm starting to look into his legacy and there is some pretty interesting stuff in how he helped shape the middle east.

Not really looking for opinions on whether his removal from power was good or bad.
>>
>>532070
You're not breaking the rules whatsoever. His legacy extended long before the 25 year limit.

Anyway, *they* say he was the world's worse president but the world's best vice-president.
>>
>>532070
He wrote some quality books
>>
File: Zabibah_and_the_King.jpg (49 KB, 323x497) Image search: [Google]
Zabibah_and_the_King.jpg
49 KB, 323x497
>>532244

This
>>
I'm trying to romanticize him anons. Anybody got good reads that romanticize his endeavors? It'd have to be really well written because I know how his economic and military policies for most of his service years.
>>
>>532266
Having your own torture prisons and willingly watch your son rape women isn't romantic, anon.
>>
>>533450
Cool atrocity stories bro, got any proof to back those claims up?

And his soldiers also threw babies out of incubators in Kuwaiti hospitals when they invaded, right?
>>
File: REU-IRAQ_-1.jpg (288 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
REU-IRAQ_-1.jpg
288 KB, 1200x800
>>533602
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeFDv2EIpIY

But I guess the dastardly liberal media made it all up, paying untold sums of money for eye witness testimony. The scars were all prosthetic, of course.

The shit Uday pulled alone had Iraqis celebrating in the streets after his death. Were they all hired pawns as well?
>>
>>532070
His sons drove to high schools, picked up girls, raped them, killed them, then threw them into the tigris river. Oh yeah, but his books were great.
>>
Power corrupted Sadam's mind
>>
>>532241
>Anyway, *they* say he was the world's worse president but the world's best vice-president.
Elaborate, i'm curious..
>>
>>532266
He fought Iran, in the war where both countries pulled such acts of heinous douchebaggery that Henry Kissinger wanted both sides to lose.
>>
My father is kurdish. Once he said while he was a horrible person, and did atrocious things, it was needed, because without his iron-fist rule Iraq was deemed to fall apart, and a huge-ass war would had happened between the shia-sunni-kurdish forces, and life itself wasn't horrible for the common folk before the 90's.

Basically, while he oppressed people 'n shit, at least your head wasn't cut off for watching football like today.
>>
Saddam was shit, not only because he was cruel but because he was an incompetent fucking retard. Just look at the Iraq-Iran war where Saddam had a tremendous upper hand in technology, training and foreign support and still failed miserably.

Obviously Americans overthrowing him and paving the way to terrorist faggotry wasn't a better alternative, but that doesn't make him good.
>>
File: image.jpg (31 KB, 251x316) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31 KB, 251x316
>>532070
Saddam was a very great man and he was a True Leader of Arabs, for two reason: 1. Under his rule all Iraqi Arabs from all tribes and sect embraced eachother as Arab brothers 2. He stood up to the US and the Anglo-Zionist machine in defense of the Arab nation as a whole.

A very great man indeed, and it is a tragedy for all Arabs that he was murdered.
>>
>>534161
It's a shame he made such a bad name for Ba'athism with his Stalinic despotism

Ba'ath mean renaissance in arabic. It's a secular ideology.
>>
File: image.jpg (58 KB, 544x481) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
58 KB, 544x481
>>534110
Nice meme.

>>533919
Nice meme.

>>533892
Nice meme.

>>533660
>lol u cunsurvadives and ur "le librul media" lo loll xD

>>533450
Nice meme.
>>
>>534191
gb2dead Saddam
>>
>>534191
How was anything I said a meme?
>>
>>534169
>implying you can rule a country of Arabs in the ME that's a constant target of subversion by Anglo-Zionists without an ironfist
Kek, are you serious?

Please watch:
http://youtu.be/JuN1AS5-1CY
>>
File: iran-iraq-war-1982-1988.jpg (53 KB, 570x445) Image search: [Google]
iran-iraq-war-1982-1988.jpg
53 KB, 570x445
>>534001
>Iran-Iraq War
I'm old enough to remember this.
It was like WW1, but with sandniggers.
>>
>>534191
Not gonna get mad at someone over the internet, but mate, I have family who were soldiers, citizens talked about the shit the sons would do.
>>
>>534191
What are you trying to prove anon? That he was completely innocent and that Iraq under Saddam was perfect, especially post-Gulf War?
>>
>>534236
I'm sure that had nothing to do with the post-Saddam propaganda campaign

>>534301
He was a great man, considering the situation his country was in both internally and externally.
>>
>>534326
>muh propoganda
The amount of revisionism still amazes me, no matter where it's found. No amount of whitewashing can hide the fact Saddam was a brutal leader, born of a brutal tribe in a brutal country. Whether or not removing him from power caused more problems than it solved is at least a reasonable discussion.
>>
>>534227
you're old enough to remember ww1?
>>
>>534426
He ruled a nation of Arabs, what do you expect?
>>
>>534426
I'm just saying the "Saddam had tortuted chambers where he would sadistically torture babbies and his sons raped little girls every night" rhetoric is all memes.
>>
>>534473
>Totally did not gas thousands of civilians.
>>
>>534974
If that's true, he did it with chemical weapons supplied by the US and with the full backing of the US government at the time.
>>
>>534473
No one brought up babies or pedophilia, though I wouldn't put either past someone like Uday.
>>
>>532070
>can we have a thread about Saddam Hussein?

Until the 31st day of December 1990 you can.
>>
>tfw if Saddam hadn't invaded Iran their revolution might have failed
>>
>>535039
>he believes this meme

South Korea, West German and Singapore all sold more precursors.
>>
>>535156
>South Korea, West German and Singapore all sold more precursors.
That means the USA sold him some as well right?
>>
>>537230
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iraq_and_weapons_of_mass_destruction#Western_help_with_Iraq.27s_WMD_program

To be frank, it's not a bright spot in the history of the Western world.

We just hated Iran much more.

But this shit was the UK, France, Germany, South Korea, Singapore, and a bunch of other places.

Everyone hated Iran.
>>
File: 1432378144504.jpg (54 KB, 576x576) Image search: [Google]
1432378144504.jpg
54 KB, 576x576
>this thread
>B-BUT MUH GAS ROCKETS
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.