[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I Love the 50's: Part Deux
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 74
File: 50'sbt.jpg (39 KB, 413x372) Image search: [Google]
50'sbt.jpg
39 KB, 413x372
50's appreciation

>Booming economy
> 50's sci-fi flicks
>Nuclear age
>Doo wop architecture

Divorce much more uncommon. Men could afford to pay for entire family

My question regarding criticism. If the 50's was this racist, white privilege, anti-free speech place, why is this time held in such high regard?

What else do you enjoy?

*Apparently some thought a happy drawing was merely propaganda so I used real people. Still happy and together.
>>
Not too much talk on music

Here's some rockabilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0jWpoOumLw

Anyone like doo wop?
>>
>being this butthurt

Why don't you take your historic romanticism to another board and not the one meant for objective historical discussion?
>>
>>401177
commie please
>>
>>401205
Only a Sith deals in absolutes.

Wow, I just realized how contradictory that line is.
>>
File: 20121018_112009584_0.jpg (5 KB, 100x125) Image search: [Google]
20121018_112009584_0.jpg
5 KB, 100x125
>>401177
Historic romanticism is still history faggot
>>
>>401251
It's still faggotry, faggot
>>
I want /pol/ to leave
>>
File: throwingawaymysanity.png (5 KB, 224x225) Image search: [Google]
throwingawaymysanity.png
5 KB, 224x225
Let's go through everything wrong with the 50's.

1. Brink of global nuclear war with Russia, which causes people to adopt a veneer of happiness while sinking tons of money into bomb shelters out of abject terror at the seemingly imminent destruction of civilization.

2. Women culturally required to be obedient, robotic housewives, leading to a spike in mental health issues.

3. HUAC's reign of terror over the American people, and blacklisting

4. Joseph McCarthy's similar but distinct commie fear mongering, which costs several good, loyal citizens their reputations before McCarthy self destructs by daring to claim that GEORGE FUCKING MARSHALL, ARCHITECT OF THE MARSHALL PLAN TO SAVE EUROPE FROM THE USSR, WAS A COMMIE.

4. Rampant racism in the south and north towards African Americans, with southern blacks being disenfranchised completely and subject to humiliating segregation.

5. Segregated schools which harm generations of black children by inadvertently making them think they're inferior.

6.Foreign policy failures like the loss of China and drawing Red Chinese troops into the conflict on the Korean peninsula. Also, failing to aid the Vietnamese independence movement, causing them to turn towards communist Russia for help.

>this time is held in such high regard

Only by idiots who learned history in the south, or fools who failed to take a single US history class in college.
>>
>>401311
Forgot one:

7. Repression of homosexuality, demonization of gays as pedos.
>>
>>401279
Don't be a homophobe.
I though commies were supposed to be inclusive.
>>
>>401320
Being gay doesn't make you a faggot, that's fucked up.
>>
>>401305
>>401311
I want Tumblr to leave
>M-muh racism
>Muh patriarchy
>Muh homophobia
>>
>>401351
Why do you think putting >muh in front of a concept makes it go away?
>>
>>401311
>2. Women culturally required to be obedient, robotic housewives, leading to a spike in mental health issues.
False

And besides like I've pointed out in the previous thread these things were different in each culture.
Or are you trying to imply that the whole world had the American version of a housewife?
>>
>>401359
it makes fun of it and places the person in a superior position to those who go muh about things
>>
>>401360
Oh shit son, you wanna argue that the 50's were a good time to be alive outside of the US, in a majority of countries? I just assumed you were restricting it to America, because arguing that the '50s was a cakewalk from a global perspective is just too fucking retarded. Also, check out Betty Freidan's The Feminine Mystique if you don't believe the housewife thing.
>>
>>401360
Are you really going to imply that this and the last thread aren't totally centered on the US?

Because the rest of the world was largely in the shitter anyways, which would make these threads attempting to glorify the decade oddly contradictory otherwise.
>>
Now I'm curious to know what period of history the communists/tankies/SJWs here are nostalgic for. I'm guessing they also idealize the Soviet Union during the 1950s. Coincidence?
>>
>>401379
Right, nevermind then
>>
File: E1yEvFa.png (717 KB, 800x2251) Image search: [Google]
E1yEvFa.png
717 KB, 800x2251
>>401359
(you)
>>
>>401381
No, your strawman is really dumb. SJWs would sperg out way harder than has been occurring, and certainly wouldn't be able to put up anything close to a solid argument.

You and they need to accept that centrists like me exist.
>>
>>401351
>Wahhhhhhhh, the big bad liebruls are saying things I dislike!

If you want a mindless circle-jerk hugbox, go to Reddit.
>>
>>401376
>check out this totally unbiased book written by a feminist
no thanks

how can roles be oppressive when they are not enforced?
answer me this
>>
>>401391
This. My post (>>401311) explicitly implies that communism was a bad thing. In fact, I'd go further and say that while life in the 50's wasn't good for everyone in America, life in the 50's was an absolute shitshow in the USSR for practically everyone. NKVD executions, the paranoia fueled final years of Stalin, it was fucking awful.
>>
>>401138
> Why is this time held in such high regard?
It's really not. I've never even heard someone claiming it. Even less research on the subject.
>>
>>401395
Ostracism from a community is a form of enforcing. Not conforming to the society's rules means bringing shame to your household and being shunned by those who wouldn't want to be affiliated with you.

It's why Muslims in Islamic neighborhoods go along with the rulings of Sharia courts in places where they aren't legally binding; to do otherwise would mean social exile.
>>
>>401392
>Wahhhhhhh, the big bad conservatives like a decade with racism and patriarchy.

If you want a mindless circle-jerk of lefties, go to Tumblr
>>
>>401395
>It has plenty of factual data about the enormous rise in suicide and depression in housewives during the 50's. It would be stupid to ignore that data just because you don't like the author.
>>
>>401395
Not the same person but holy fuck m8 have you ever been to school? Ever seen someone being picked on and how the other kids join in on it to not be the next target?
>>
>>401410
I never said I wanted a mindless circle-jerk. My post just insinuated you were stupid for liking the 50's, I didn't whine about how you should leave. The "go back to /pol/" was someone else.
>>
>>401410
It's just kind of odd to glorify a decade that was only really good for one specific subset of the population in one country in the world.
>>
File: ss1.jpg (86 KB, 600x398) Image search: [Google]
ss1.jpg
86 KB, 600x398
>>401423
Sorry hate to break it to you, but 50's is still popular amongst the tourism industry.

I'm sure they'll make destinations in regards to your progressive wonderland
>>
>>401437
I think that's mostly going for the aesthetic. Which is a cool aesthetic, I'll admit.
>>
>>401437
>The aesthetic of something is appealing
>therefore we should all praise whatever culture created said aesthetic

I don't think there's anything wrong with 50's style diners or the aesthetic in general. It was the culture as a whole that was oppressive and toxic. Nice strawman though.
>>
>>401446
>toxic
Might want to watch that word, it smells of radicalism.
>>
>>401445
>>401446
>No cheesy sci-fi B movies
>No rockabilly
>No doo wop
>Just aesthetic

Okay anon

>>401449
>toxic
>Strawman
You found the Tumblrtard
>>
>>401408
>>401418
The laws never enforced roles, therefore no ''oppression'' happened
>but muh social stigma
You can ignore it
>>
>>401449
Fair enough. Kinda like how I can't hear the word 'problematic' without reacting negatively, even when it's being used in a totally mundane context.
>>
>>401437
man women were sluts back then
>>
>>401455
Rock, B-movies, and doo wop are all benign as well. But rampant racism, censorship, fear mongering by McCarthy and HUAC, and the negative psychological impact of the national fear of seemingly imminent nuclear annihilation are all really bad for individuals and for society as a whole.
>>
>>401455
That's all part of the aesthetic, dingus.

>>401456
>you can ignore it
You might not be aware of this, but social isolation is one of the worst things you can do to a person without causing physical pain.
>>
File: FBI-director-J-Edgar-Hoov-007.jpg (177 KB, 1200x720) Image search: [Google]
FBI-director-J-Edgar-Hoov-007.jpg
177 KB, 1200x720
I understand now why shitlibs are this assblasted.
>>
>>401476
You'll still be able to live normally and not be thrown out in jail.
Therefore no oppression is happening
>>
>>401489
You could not live normally, because nobody wants to interact with you.

Let's say you are a woman. You want a divorce from your husband. We're not even going to go into why; it just isn't working.
Everyone you know is against it. Your friends, your family, everyone. Your family even says you can't move back in with them, and the house is under your ex-husband's name; after all, he was the breadwinner.
So you go to try to find a place to live, and then a job. Nobody wants to rent a place to you, becausr you have no job. Nobody wants to give you a job, because you're either a) a woman or b) a divorceé.
What do you do?

"Go back to your husband" is not an option. Assume for this scenario that he is the effigy of the SJWs and whips you while telling you how inferior you are every day or whatever.
>>
>>401138
>why is this time held in such high regard?
By who?
The 50's were great... Compared to the previous 50 years before it since you had 2 World wars, a depression and The Spanish Flu and a lot loser standards of living.
>*Apparently some thought a happy drawing was merely propaganda so I used real people. Still happy and together.
This almost gave me a seizure. Are you saying photo's can't be propaganda and people can't act? Or that a photo is representative of an entire 10 years?
>>
>>401525
Well you convenientely set this up so that you'd win by making the woman already married.
But what if she didn't get married in the first place?
Nothing ever forced her to do that outside of peer pressure that can be ignored.
>>
File: Cold-War-Ads-The-Red-Menace.jpg (69 KB, 480x319) Image search: [Google]
Cold-War-Ads-The-Red-Menace.jpg
69 KB, 480x319
>50's were bad because of racism, oppression, blah blah blah

The same decade where we hunted communist rats
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkYl_AH-qyk

We know the real reasons you hate it.
>>
>>401545
>If someone doesn't agree with American domestic or foreign polices they're a communist
So...You fully support Obama right anon?
>>
The fashion and architecture was quite nice. Loved the aesthetics.

However, much of the music was dull. And, as others have pointed out, the foreign policy wasn't so rosy...
>Korean War
>Suez Canal Crisis
>Cuban Revolution
>Red China
>Guatemala coup
>Iran coup
>Congo assassination
>Indochina War
>Algerian War
>Nuclear scare
>>
File: joseph-mccarthy.jpg (22 KB, 605x328) Image search: [Google]
joseph-mccarthy.jpg
22 KB, 605x328
>>401557
Nice try CIDF

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8iGGjGSdqf8
>>
File: XB-36 and B-29.jpg (79 KB, 860x647) Image search: [Google]
XB-36 and B-29.jpg
79 KB, 860x647
The 50's military aesthetic was the best.

>based convair
>>
>>401535
In that case your family is constantly bugging you about it, trying to set you up with every guy in sight. Every guy in sight who isn't taken is probably also trying to get with you, unless you're a dog. After a while the question becomes not "so you're single" but "why aren't you taken?".

You'd still have a hard time finding a job just because of your sex, though I don't know enough about the raw numbers to say if you'd be able to afford your own apartment or not. Probably desu, but living on your own in the city would certainly be riskier then than now. Shit, if you had a husband he could still rape you and get away with it.

>>401573
>better not actually reply, I might lose face
>>
What's with people throughout history always being obsessed with the past and how ''better'' it used to be?
It's a sentiment that has always been present.
There was this movie made by Woody Allen that covered this in a humorous way.
>>
>>401591
>There was this movie made by Woody Allen that covered this in a humorous way.
Midnight in Paris.
It was true though. People always romanticized the past forgetting things like medicine and knowledge that smoking causes cancer.
>>
>>401591
It's because we only remember the "highlights reel" of the past, and anything that wasn't ingrained into pop culture generally gets forgotten.

So while you're constantly aware of all the terrible things going on today, you actually have to go looking for the flaws of the past. It's also why classic rock tends to be better than "modern" - we're only hearing the best music of the time.
>>
>>401591

Romanticism is nothing new. The earliest historians were already complaining about the decline of civilization and looking back at 'golden ages.' See: Hesiod's Work and Days.
>>
>>401570

Just a quick pet peeve about movies set in historical periods of the 20th Century:

-all the cars that appear are from the year the film is set in, and they are all pristine. Like, no-one is driving a 20-year old car from 1935 (Biff Tannen not withstanding).
>>
>>401573
So do you or do you not support all American polices?
I'd hate if you called yourself a communist by mistake. It would make you look like an idiot.
>>
>>401616
Where does this come from though and why is it always there?
Are people just so bored with their present lives that they try escaping in the past?
>>
>>401580
Perfect for bombing commies
>>
>>401495
Imported from last thread
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXLo1YAUQBE
>>
>>401648
When we went to the B-52, we actually stepped *down* in payload capacity.
>>
>>401466
Feminism wasn't extreme back then.
>>
File: hith-u2-spy-plane-50382721-E.jpg (244 KB, 686x385) Image search: [Google]
hith-u2-spy-plane-50382721-E.jpg
244 KB, 686x385
>>401660
Also this beauty

I love the atomic age
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MG4hQQKrhT8
>>
>>401623

Eh, I would guess it's either contrarianism or observation of a genuine decline.

But yeah, if you're into history, you're going to notice good and bad things about all eras. French historian, Jules Michelet, coined the term 'Renaissance,' in contrast with a 'Dark Age.'

Yet even the Dark Ages had its qualities. Cultural exchange after the Crusades. The Carolingian Renaissance. Creation of universities (Bologna, Oxford, Paris, Cambridge, etc.). Philosophers such as Anselm, Aquinas, Ockham. It wasn't all bad.
>>
>>401623
>Where does this come from though and why is it always there?
People like certain things from the past, classical art or no woman rights it doesn't matter.
Idiots then go one step further and ignore everything else like TB/Polio/threat of nuclear war/lead in pencils.
>>
niggers should have been gassed like the jews while the white man still had the chance.
I am drunk so my judgement may be off
Yay "finals" weekend!
>>
File: 1397136309041.jpg (2 MB, 2790x1860) Image search: [Google]
1397136309041.jpg
2 MB, 2790x1860
>>401679
I just love that polished aluminum look of the 50's Air Force.
>>
>>401701
A lot of things had that shiny look. I love the futuristic sci-fi look
>>
>>401489
> Not being able to interact with the people around you is normal
Autism: The Post.
>>
>>401754
He could just be a Finn.
>>
>>401759
Then he probably wouldn't be glorifying the '50s.
>>
>>401772
Man, that sure showed me. Where do I go for my red pill and Nazi armband?
>>
>>401772
Yeah resorting to ad hominem always shows em'

pic relate totally healthy and non manipulative government
>>
File: MKULTRA.jpg (180 KB, 280x459) Image search: [Google]
MKULTRA.jpg
180 KB, 280x459
>>401836
ofc i forgot pic
>>
>>401836
>ad hominem

Hello Tumblr
>>
>>401772

Is that your entire counter argument? Go back to r/MRA or whatever other fucking hole it is you crawled from.
>>
>>401845
Because you wouldn't spew that immediately had somebody called you a NEET basement dweller.
>>
File: russian.jpg (262 KB, 650x429) Image search: [Google]
russian.jpg
262 KB, 650x429
>>401138
>Look at how prosperous and happy our country looks back during Soviet times!

Since we're discussing propaganda.
>>
>>401845
so just because you use fallacies im from tumblr?

go look at the fucking sticky of your homeboard

>Glorious 50's the offical start of MK ULTRA
>wonders why it was the most idyllic time period ever
>>
>>401138
Look up "Yuri Bezmenov interview" on youtube. A certain group has infiltrated and demoralized our society.

Not DA JOOS but the kgb (unless you want to acknowledge the Jewish roots of Marxism), they were the ones sewing the seeds of cultural division back in the 60's. The ideologies of the brainwashed are still around today: feminism, "anti-racism" (anti-whiteism), anti-traditionalism, anti-men being men, etc.
>>
File: grimesbois.gif (2 MB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
grimesbois.gif
2 MB, 300x300
Yeah you fucks would love the 50s you'd be like a proto-Ignatius Reilly instead of a neckbear it would be fantastic
>>
File: laughingvikings.jpg (68 KB, 558x344) Image search: [Google]
laughingvikings.jpg
68 KB, 558x344
>>401887
>a government inccapable of subjugating feral mountain people orchestrated a massive cultural shift without being detected
Are you a tinfoil or just retarded?
>>
>>401908
Not hard to imagine seeing how lefties are that retarded
>>
>believing 50's propaganda

Holy shit you fags are pathetic.
>>
>>401311
Literally nothing wrong with any of those.
>>
>>401446
>oppressive
Wrong.
>>
>>401408
>presents data in a way to prove her biases
Fuck off
>>401408
>society must change to fit me!!!!
>>401525
>>401583
Opression is not a valid complaint, everything is oppression.
We are "opressed" (struggle) because we exist. Fuck off trying to blame society rather than the faggot individuals.
>>
>>401389
>all those awfully drawn expressions
>>
>>402033
yeah ofc not
unless it would have happend to you then it would all of the sudden be the worst thing to happen ever
>>
>>402050
Never been so proud to piss someone off.
>>
>>402060
No it's still good. Boohoo Im a woman who doesnt have to work and has to make 3 whole meals a day and have to upkeep the interior of the house.
>>
>>402060
But here's the thing, it wouldn't.
I am a White, Straight, wealthy land owning male. I would laugh in your face if you told me such things would happen to me.
>inb4 and then they came for me
None of the tings you posted were bad.
Threat of global nuclear war wasn't ever that real except under Truman. When we switched to NUTS policy everything was fine.
Women should be culturally required to do those things, and there should be no attempt to change it. They were not "oppressed" and your feminist book doesn't prove anything.
HUAC did literally nothing wrong, communism (b-but it wasn't) should be morally and ideologically opposed. McCarthy was right, and he got the job done.
Racism is a natural thing, blacks were doing better in a segregated society than the one we are living in today.
Blacks thinking themselves interior is their own doing, stop blaming others.
The last point is OK, but we should have flipped on France and avoided the whole mess.
>>402075
>Women
>accomplishing anything
I'm quite happy.
>>
>>402085
Right then, I'll be home every night to treat you like a butler, maybe slap you around a bit and possibly even rape you if I'm horny and drunk enough

>>402091
>thinks I'm a chick
No, I'm not your boogeyman, sorry. Just a centrist who doesn't agree with your dumb radicalism.
>>
>>402118
Sounds kinky. Sign me up
>>
File: 3TY3Aya.png (100 KB, 1254x261) Image search: [Google]
3TY3Aya.png
100 KB, 1254x261
>>402118
>radicalism
I'm not a muslim. (^:
Although the Califate would more suit the values of my time than this sick and rotten society.
>I'm a centrist
Your a white knight.
Nobody is going to lay you on the internet buddy.
>>
File: 1440195233322.jpg (149 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
1440195233322.jpg
149 KB, 1280x800
>>402118
>the absolute majority of housewives were beaten up by their drunk husband's and then somehow /raped/ by them
I'm laughing my ass off, no way but could a women be so dumb.
>>
File: le niggerhating fedora man.jpg (104 KB, 429x588) Image search: [Google]
le niggerhating fedora man.jpg
104 KB, 429x588
>>402141
>Although the Califate would more suit the values of my time than this sick and rotten society.
>>
>>402141
>>402118
Its like hes trying to earn progressive points on an anonymous imageboard
>>
>>401381
As a libcom, my favourite nostalgia for the 1950s is Hungarian communist youth using pressurised fuel hoses, setting the streets of their industrial suburb on fire to try to keep Russian tanks out.
>>
>>402091
>>402091
>None of the tings you posted were bad.

yeah i dident post anything exept what you replied to

>None of the tings you posted were bad.

okey even if they wherent bad there where alot of other shit alot of other major issues and shady shit during this time that im pretty sure you wouldent want to be done to you
this comes to mind>>401839
hehe get it?
>>
>>402188
>implying mindcontrol is not awesome. Imagine tons of Manchurain candidates going against tye USSR
>>
>>402152
I am not some disgusting neo-nazi.
They are just as bad as post-revolutionary progressives like yourself.
>>402188
Every era has that, you're making it seem like we're not plagued with totalitarian humanism, if you don't submit your life to saving every savage from every other country then you're a nazi and should die.
The worst thing that was going on was polio.
>>
File: b8_3.jpg (6 KB, 125x125) Image search: [Google]
b8_3.jpg
6 KB, 125x125
>>402205
>illegal and experiments on unsuspecting citizens by an agency not allowed by law to conduct operations on US soil
>awesome
>>
File: what a meme.jpg (786 KB, 1280x1707) Image search: [Google]
what a meme.jpg
786 KB, 1280x1707
>>402151
>>402211
>no way but could a women be so dumb.
>They are just as bad as post-revolutionary progressives like yourself.
>Le everyone who disagrees with me is part of a group whose opinion I can ignore meme
That meme is pure Americana I love it
>>
>>402229
>tfw I'm an Australian and get called an American
>>
>>402211
>post revolutionary progressives

What even does that mean? I don't speak /pol/tard, you're gonna have to translate it for me.
>>
>>402254
Well you're a pretty shitty Australian. I haven't seen the word "cunt" once in this thread.
>>
>>402225
Sounds good to me. Hell they wouldnt need mind control for me to fight commies

>>402229
Thats why youre this assblasted. Only Americans enjoyed the 50's

>>402254
Strayas best posters. I knew
>>
File: 1441904858065.png (52 KB, 700x419) Image search: [Google]
1441904858065.png
52 KB, 700x419
>>402257
>/pol/
They have become so heretical they don't even accept traditionalists.
>>
File: oppenheimersb8.png (8 KB, 224x225) Image search: [Google]
oppenheimersb8.png
8 KB, 224x225
>>402037
>your political views can get you thrown in jail
>being black can get you shot, beaten, bombed, and will get you impoverished and disenfranchised
>being gay will get you beaten by cops and jailed
>but they only oppressed groups I dislike, so I'll just claim that there was no oppression
>>
>>402298
>being gay will get you beaten by cops and jailed
In America? I was under the impression that only Britain did that. I always figured America just resorted to verbal and physical bullying like God intended.
>>
File: 1446083059788.jpg (12 KB, 201x262) Image search: [Google]
1446083059788.jpg
12 KB, 201x262
>>401161
The 60's and 70's had better music.
>>
>>401138
>why is this time held in such high regard?
Propaganda

>*Apparently some thought a happy drawing was merely propaganda so I used real people. Still happy and together.
and still propaganda

There were a lot of good things about the '50s (great time to be a straight white man with conformist views, culture if that's your taste, economic growth)
but a lot of bad things as well (widespread social issues, lack of freedoms for certain people that would come back to bite America in the ass, low-point of Cold War, health issues)
>>
>>402312
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stonewall_riots
>>
>>402298
>being communist can put you in jail.

Holy shit I love the 50's
>>
>>401392
>go to reddit

Wut. Reddit is a massive leftist circlejerk, as are most popular sites, and social media. It's due to the fact that there are generally so many young people on the net.

4chan is one of the few places that is actually more balanced.
>>
>>402327
Ah, so it wasn't actually illegal, but they were taking the route of
>we'll just find some law they're breaking and blow it all out of proportion
>>
>>401446
>oppressive
>toxic

Hahahaha. Seriously though, I want tumblr to leave.
>>
>>402336
For laws against homosexuality, google Lawrence v. Texas
>>
>>402345
>Lawrence v. Texas
>2003
Jesus buttfucking christ that's really recent
>>
>>402343
Their misuse of "problematic" to mean "bad" instead of "a critical problem that exposes the central relationships as a scholarly problem" is detestable.
>>
>>402343
I reiterate, from earlier: Waaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh, the big bad liebruls are saying things I disagree with! They should all leave me alone so I can circler in peace!

If that's what you want, go to /pol/ or /r/conservative.
>>
>>402356
Not as detestable as being a pedant. You're probably the type of person who cites the dictionary in arguments.
>>
Liberals are mad because they know theyd be thrown in jail if it were the 50's.

>Being this mad
>>
>>402333
It's weird with reddit. Normally they're a massive leftist circlejerk, but with anything remotely related to women they whip out the fedoras and turn into supreme gentlemen
>>
>>402366
>a pedant.
It is my job.

>You're probably the type of person who cites the dictionary in arguments.
I'm the kind of guy who insults such people by posting >dicdef.

Scholarly concepts aren't found in a dictionary.
>>
>>402371
This

Both Reddit and 4chan have a degree of "balance" but both lean heavily towards one side (or at least the vocal ones do)

>>402367
>the American definition of liberalism
>>
File: jail.jpg (31 KB, 480x280) Image search: [Google]
jail.jpg
31 KB, 480x280
>>402389
>Being this mad

It's okay commie. Jail didn't seem that bad
>>
>>402389
Granted 4chan leans more heavily to the right, but I like the more adversarial culture that avoids the reddit hivemind.
>>
>>402406
It's a hivemind of its own imo

>>402404
>Americans unironically consider communism and liberalism to be the same thing

the United States was the 1st country in the world founded on liberal principles
>>
Ledditors trying to derail thread

What's your favorite monster B-movie?
Pic related

Honorable mentions:
Them!
The Beast From 20,000 fathoms
The Blob

Also Plan 9 From Outer Space
>>
>>402359
Seriously, just fuck off back to leddit where you belong, you might get your feelings hurt.

I'm sorry that your buzzwords don't really work here... You have to actually have a logical argument.
>>
>>402298
>implying communist spies shouldn't be jailed
>implying blacks dindu nuffin and we're the most impoverished
I would give them their own country instead desu
>implying homosexuals are not mentally ill
>Muh stonewall riots! ;_;
>Muh oppression
There is no such thing. There is only suffering, and we suffer because we are born.
>>402326
>everything is propaganda
>>402351
Sad that they struck it down.
>>402416
>communism and "liberalism" are not founded from the same line of thinking
>eastern Europe cûcks love the communism that their western brothers suffered under for so many years
>>
>>402333
Once liberals went from FREEDOM TO to FREEDOM FROM they became leftshits. Deal with it.
>>
>>402423
The idea for this movie was spawned by the Ivy Mike hydrogen bomb test.
>>
>>402326
>Propaganda
No. It was the most prosperous time in American history. Family was intact. Americans were proud of their culture and racial heritage. Communities and trust was high. Very homogenous.

>There were a lot of good things about the '50s (great time to be a straight white man with conformist views, culture if that's your taste, economic growth)

Daily reminder that straight white men create the best cultures and nations on earth. Commie reds fuck it all up.

>but a lot of bad things as well (widespread social issues, lack of freedoms for certain people that would come back to bite America in the ass, low-point of Cold War, health issues)

Nothing compared to the amount of ethnic strife, white guilt, moral decay, hedonistic behavior we see going on today. America today is basically a clash of genders, races, religions etc. sadly we will never see a period of American greatness again.
>>
>>402444
Thanks for the info anon

My dad was part of constructing stage 3 of the peacekeeper missile. I always found the atomic age fascinating

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNcQX033V_M
>>
>>402435
Sounds like the only one getting their feelings hurt here is you senpai. If my posts trigger you so much, you should probably find a safe space where nobody will ever disagree with you.
>>
>>402527
My father is a DOD contractor, fucker won't quit working.
I'm a nuclear engineer.

I don't think we've actually reached the atomic age desu. That will come as soon as those retarded environment groups shut up.
>>
File: joe.jpg (32 KB, 313x463) Image search: [Google]
joe.jpg
32 KB, 313x463
>>401311
>3. HUAC's reign of terror over the American people, and blacklisting

Boo-hoo, they uncovered communist spies in the government, that makes it a "reign of terror". Actual communists killing hundreds of thousands in Eastern Europe is ok, though.

The only problem with the HUAC and McCarthyism is that they didn't do more to persecute commies like you. Communism should be such a execrable worldview as racism. It killed more people, after all.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cedric_Belfrage

>At the height of McCarthyism, Belfrage was summoned in 1953 to appear before the House Un-American Activities Committee (HUAC).
>In 1995, the decrypted VENONA intercepts—a project between the US and British intelligence services to decipher Soviet wires — were made public. United States intelligence has alleged that Unnamed Codename Number 9 (UNC/9) was Belfrage.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Karr

>In 1950, Senator Joseph McCarthy referred to Karr as Drew Pearson’s “KGB controller”.
>After the collapse of the Soviet Union in 1992, in the new atmosphere of openness, Soviet investigative journalist Albats published an article in Izvestia quoting documents from KGB archives that Karr was “a competent KGB source” who ‘‘submitted information to the KGB on the technical capabilities of the United States and other capitalist countries.”

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Coe

>Called before the HUAC (chaired by Congressman Karl Mundt), Coe denied under oath having ever been a member of the CPUSA.
>A recent investigation into the KGB archives claims that files show Coe to have been a Soviet agent.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lauchlin_Currie

>the United States refused to renew his passport in 1954 due to the McCarthyism atmosphere in Washington, DC.
>He appears in the VENONA cables under the cover name 'PAGE', and in Soviet intelligence archives as 'VIM' and as a source for the Golos and Bentley spy networks.
>>
This thread has been an absolute disaster

Posting towards bump limit
>>
File: Korean War.jpg (402 KB, 1281x874) Image search: [Google]
Korean War.jpg
402 KB, 1281x874
>>402575
I will say though that nuclear bombs heavily influenced a lot in 50's life. It wouldn't be a monster flick without stock footage of nuclear blasts.

Also Korean war. Last war imo where we actually contributed to something lasting for once. I'm sure South Koreans wouldn't want to live under Kim
>>
File: 14050905709_4b91342b82_o.png (1 MB, 640x843) Image search: [Google]
14050905709_4b91342b82_o.png
1 MB, 640x843
>>402598
>>
>>401311
>implying George Marshall wasn't a communist

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marshall_Mission

Albert C. Wedemeyer’s report to Truman on China and Korea was suppressed by Marshall because it made his plan look like he played right into Communist hands. He was either a communist or stupid enough to believe them, and I don't believe George Marshall was stupid.
>>
>>402605
>>
File: 1950s-Graphic-Design-11.jpg (146 KB, 600x420) Image search: [Google]
1950s-Graphic-Design-11.jpg
146 KB, 600x420
>>402608
>>
File: korean_w.gif (33 KB, 296x300) Image search: [Google]
korean_w.gif
33 KB, 296x300
>>402598
>>402605
>>402608
>>402615
>Posting something relevant to 50's
Thanks anon
>>
File: huai005.jpg (220 KB, 1374x985) Image search: [Google]
huai005.jpg
220 KB, 1374x985
>>401376
Betty Freidan ws never a housewife. She was a Jewish communist activist who worked in several fronts and her book is nothing more than propaganda for revolutionary purposes.

Feminism is nothing but communism in drag.
>>
>>402615
>>
>>402593
>Actual communists killing hundreds of thousands in Eastern Europe is ok, though.
Strawman and distraction by false equivalence.

>The only problem with the HUAC and McCarthyism

Was McCarthy's alcoholism?
His discrediting of actual domestic anti-communist initiatives?
Running cover for Roy Cohn's illegal activities?

>Coe denied under oath having ever been a member of the CPUSA.
>A recent investigation into the KGB archives claims that files show Coe to have been a Soviet agent.

You do know that the CPUSA and KGB were separate organisations, even if there were elements of overlap?

You can seriously improve the quality of your argument.
>>
File: 1950s_interior_design_4.jpg (165 KB, 622x450) Image search: [Google]
1950s_interior_design_4.jpg
165 KB, 622x450
>>402619
>those sharp corners on the furniture
>>
File: YK0913_044.jpg (209 KB, 675x450) Image search: [Google]
YK0913_044.jpg
209 KB, 675x450
>>402629
>>
Who here has been to a drive-in?
>>
File: ar122456209736216.jpg (35 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
ar122456209736216.jpg
35 KB, 500x375
>>402632
>>
File: 1950s_interior_design_1.jpg (163 KB, 570x520) Image search: [Google]
1950s_interior_design_1.jpg
163 KB, 570x520
>>402633
Nope, none where I've lived either
>>
File: 3908288851_b127952011.jpg (175 KB, 530x607) Image search: [Google]
3908288851_b127952011.jpg
175 KB, 530x607
>>402639
>that stereo
>>
>>402643
>>
>>402648
>>
File: 1950s_Kitchen.jpg (40 KB, 309x400) Image search: [Google]
1950s_Kitchen.jpg
40 KB, 309x400
>>402650
So from what I gather, home ownership and homemaking were a huge deal in the '50s
>>
File: 1950s-Kitchen.jpg (74 KB, 460x399) Image search: [Google]
1950s-Kitchen.jpg
74 KB, 460x399
>>402660
>>
File: DSC055291.jpg (3 MB, 1868x1884) Image search: [Google]
DSC055291.jpg
3 MB, 1868x1884
Philco TVs
>>
File: picture-71.png (140 KB, 523x273) Image search: [Google]
picture-71.png
140 KB, 523x273
>>402661
>>
File: moore50mar.jpg (70 KB, 700x454) Image search: [Google]
moore50mar.jpg
70 KB, 700x454
Oppressive pin up girls
>>
File: birmingham.jpg (47 KB, 405x266) Image search: [Google]
birmingham.jpg
47 KB, 405x266
All these images and nobody put any of these up yet?
>>
>>402700
Last time I checked mate, that was in the 1960s.
>>
>>402633
Me.
Dallas Texas.
>>
>>402700
Just because your practicing civil disobedience doesn't mean you're free from consequences.
College kids got shot, Niggers got a little bit wet.
>>
>>402669
>>
>>402746
>>
The living standards were decent and the social norms were great, but the pop culture was beyond shit. Rockabilly, hot rods, raygun gothic, literal fucking trash.
>>
>>402700
>commies getting beat up was socially acceptable

The 1950s were really the best decade.
>>
File: 18l84ybl5au9mjpg.jpg (61 KB, 636x358) Image search: [Google]
18l84ybl5au9mjpg.jpg
61 KB, 636x358
>>402750
>>
File: 0cba6_73440.jpg (533 KB, 1005x1024) Image search: [Google]
0cba6_73440.jpg
533 KB, 1005x1024
>>402760
>>
File: Chevrolet-Biscayne-1958.jpg (105 KB, 600x493) Image search: [Google]
Chevrolet-Biscayne-1958.jpg
105 KB, 600x493
>>402764
Idk if I just like the cars of it it's the advertisements
>>
>>402759
>>402700
http://www.eisenhower.archives.gov/research/online_documents/civil_rights_eisenhower_administration/1956_10_Communist_Party_and_the_Negro.pdf
>>
>>402758
>Rockabilly, hot rods, raygun gothic, literal fucking trash.
you're literally fucking trash, that shit was great.
>he doesn't like hot rods
>>
>>402773
Kill yourself honestly. It was literally white people emulating niggers.
>>
>>402782
When did niggers start hotrodding, that was primarily a whyte boi thing.
>>
Only thing I really like is the aesthetic. The whole Americana thing is as close as you burgers have gotten to having a cohesive culture. Shame your countrymen ditched it for psychedelia.
>>
>>402758
>The living standards were decent
For skilled unionised urban white workers, the white nomenklatura/intelligensia/professional-managerial class and white bourgeois.

For poor whites, rural whites, hispanics and blacks it wasn't.
>>
>>402790
Hot rods maybe, but rock music and shit like greasers (literally youth thugs with a shitty subculture, the 50s version of juggalos or Crips) definitely have nig origins.

Also the movies about giant ants and Martian invasions were atrocious.
>>
File: original.jpg (362 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
original.jpg
362 KB, 1024x768
>>
>>402830
I'd say urban youth gangs is more of a British thing, and in terms of the US an Irish thing
>>
File: portland-raygun.jpg (256 KB, 864x629) Image search: [Google]
portland-raygun.jpg
256 KB, 864x629
>>402853
>>
File: 2251903833_614a54f058.jpg (113 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
2251903833_614a54f058.jpg
113 KB, 500x333
>>402863
>>
File: St Titus Church, Aliquippa, PA.jpg (134 KB, 845x542) Image search: [Google]
St Titus Church, Aliquippa, PA.jpg
134 KB, 845x542
>>402882
>>
>>401860
The Russians look back on the 50/60s as the Soviet golden age of economic prosperity and increasing liberalization under Khruschev in much the same way as Ameripigs romanticize the 50s in America.

As the 1960-70s is associated with Watergate, Western self-doubt and cultural degeneracy, the Brezhnev stagnation is regarded similarly.
>>
File: 50's coke vending machine.jpg (621 KB, 1944x2592) Image search: [Google]
50's coke vending machine.jpg
621 KB, 1944x2592
Sexy.
>>
I god damn hate these fallout threads.
>>
>>402593
>Boo-hoo, they uncovered communist spies in the government, that makes it a "reign of terror". Actual communists killing hundreds of thousands in Eastern Europe is ok, though.
>
>The only problem with the HUAC and McCarthyism is that they didn't do more to persecute commies like you. Communism should be such a execrable worldview as racism. It killed more people, after all.
what the fuck ever happened to freedom of speech?
>>
>>402759
>hur maim everyone who disagrees with me
fuck off to the USSR or some shit
>>
>>402942
It was always illusory liberalism (Joe Hill).
>>
>>402951
First Amendment? Is that "illusory liberalism" too?
>>
>>402963
Being a communist spy is not free speech.
>>402949
>being this much of a commie pinko faggot
>>
>>402963
Yes, friend. Ask the Western Miners or IWW how much "free speech" applies unless you have WDC on hand.
>>
File: Voltaire.jpg (78 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
Voltaire.jpg
78 KB, 960x720
>>402966
I'm not talking about commie spies, I'm talking about American citizens who subscribe to communism.
If you hate freedom so much, why not just fuck off to some 3rd world shithole?
>>
The 50's are not held in high regard. They are simply thought to be quaint. It's all a bunch of baby boomer bullshit that's been romanticized.
>>
File: meme_2_electric_boogaloo.png (1 MB, 1200x949) Image search: [Google]
meme_2_electric_boogaloo.png
1 MB, 1200x949
>>402981
I love freedom. But I hate commies, why would I accept those who hate freedom?
Communists are not americans.
>>
>>402998
>mfw the baby boomers failed at their one job
>reproduce
We wouldn't have any of the major issues due to the rapidly replaced white majority if they did their fucking job
>>
>>402998
>The 50's are not held in high regard
By who?
>>
File: i7EEntr.jpg (137 KB, 1880x1056) Image search: [Google]
i7EEntr.jpg
137 KB, 1880x1056
>>403022
>I love freedom. But I hate commies, why would I accept those who hate freedom?
If they aren't forcing their shitty opinions onto you, you shouldn't be forcing it onto them.
>Communists are not americans.
In what way?
What's the point of free speech if unpopular opinions can't be voiced?
>>
People acting like Joe McCarthy was vindicated, do they really believe George C. Marshall was a communist spy?
>>
File: image.jpg (37 KB, 236x364) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37 KB, 236x364
Fucking kek at the guy who swallows the dumb as fuck 50s advertising plastic Americana uncritically and then calls everyone a commie pinko if they point out he's an idiot. Imagine if 60 years from now someone watched YouTube ads and thought that's what life was like in the 2010s. Actually it's even dumber, because advertising and pop culture was 10x less sophisticated and cynical than it is now. It should be pretty easy to see through the fakeness if you're not a stroke victim.
>>
>>403149

South Park was right, the ads are evolving. ..
>>
>>402792
> in the 60's most people were hippies

Literally such bad history that it's on wiki's popular misconceptions page.
>>
>>401231
Obi-wan WAS a Sith.
>>
>>403143
Apparently. But this is a bait thread, which my original picrelated near the top of the thread alluded to. So it should have been expected that OP would samefag his way through the thread shilling for the 50's and calling anyone who disagreed with him a commie.
>>
File: 1363648084286.png (216 KB, 351x351) Image search: [Google]
1363648084286.png
216 KB, 351x351
OP, if I lived in the 50s, I could lose my job, if I could even get it in the first place. I'd probably be fucking beaten at one time or another, and might even be trapped in a shitty marriage, doing nothing with my life.

I like to think I'd be a total badass in the 50s, a cool radical, but you forget that you'd also be a product of your time with all the social conditioning that comes with it, both you and your peers.
It would be terrible.
>>
>>404482
>commie pinkos so Buttblasted they have to lie
Yeah and I'm the king of Scotland
>>
>>403149
>thinking people base nostalgia off of ads
>b-but here is my blog written by a fativist and a feminist saying how shit it was!
>Proof!
>>
>>401381
2015 obviously. I mean COME ON
>>
Where do i go for porn (preferably drawn) of 50's women
>>
>>406350
LIFE Magazine ads for girdles and shit is probably the closest you'll get
>>
>>406378
Bummer. Youd think more people would have this fetish.
>>
>>406387
I'm answering in terms of stuff actually from the time. I'm sure there's plenty modern stuff, especially as pin-ups have gotten popular again
>>
>>406394
Oh, I didn't mean stuff from the time. I meant drawn porn (like rule 34) in the style of women from that time. I dunno what to search for that'd specifically bring up that kinda stuff.
>>
>>401311
I'll give you everything except 2. ,Femenism is utter bullshit. As bad as shit was for chicks in history, for dudes it was also shitty and on most occasions worse, War, Coal Mines all the shit nobody else wanted to do that pretty much 99% of men on job died from. Women just started complaining because they weren't haaaaapppyyyy, and didn't think about the men who did all the hard shit
>>
>>401311
>>407119
Also
>Femenism
>Getting lynched, repressed, beaten discriminated against facing actual problems, etc, because of the color of your skin which you can't do anything about as you where born with it.

yeah should definitely be on the same list. can't ducking wait till this fucking vapid whiny bitch movement gets pulled back to the ungodly black pit from where it spawned.
>>
>>407165
>color is all that separates races
>:<
>>
>>401311
>4. Joseph McCarthy's similar but distinct commie fear mongering, which costs several good, loyal citizens their reputations before McCarthy self destructs by daring to claim that GEORGE FUCKING MARSHALL, ARCHITECT OF THE MARSHALL PLAN TO SAVE EUROPE FROM THE USSR, WAS A COMMIE.

Wellfare is commie shot no matter how you spin it senpai
>>
>>407437
Maybe it's not all. But there's a pretty clear separation between how a black man is treated vs. a white when the black man is getting the puss beaten out of him and hanging from a tree. Also if your going on that /pol/ tier racial divide get back there and that's bullshit
>>
>>407586
Most lynchings were pretty justified m8. They happened to everyone.
>>
>>402366
You're a massive faggot
>>
>>407634
>racism that got innocent people killed
>justified
lynching an innocent person, especially irrationally based solely on the color of their skin is not justified. Unless those people were actually tried, convicted and sentenced to lynching and it could be proven they did some horrible shit, the people who lynched them were mob justice psychopaths.
>>
>>407962
Most people who were Lynched kinda deserved it m8.
The Irish, slavs, blacks, the lot of them.

Not just because of the color of their skin.
>>
>>401311
>1. Brink of global nuclear war with Russia, which causes people to adopt a veneer of happiness while sinking tons of money into bomb shelters out of abject terror at the seemingly imminent destruction of civilization.
Stop getting your information from movies. People weren't constantly in abject terror of nuclear annihilation.
>2. Women culturally required to be obedient, robotic housewives
Women are biologically intended to be submissive.
>leading to a spike in mental health issues.
The 50s were not any more patriarchal than any any other period in American history, so that couldn't possibly be the cause of a spike in mental health issues (assuming there was one).
>3. HUAC's reign of terror over the American people, and blacklisting
>4. Joseph McCarthy's similar but distinct commie fear mongering, which costs several good, loyal citizens their reputations before McCarthy self destructs by daring to claim that GEORGE FUCKING MARSHALL, ARCHITECT OF THE MARSHALL PLAN TO SAVE EUROPE FROM THE USSR, WAS A COMMIE.
It's true the red scare went too far. However, the average person was not affected.
>>
>>401311
>4. Rampant racism in the south and north towards African Americans, with southern blacks being disenfranchised completely and subject to humiliating segregation.
>5. Segregated schools which harm generations of black children by inadvertently making them think they're inferior.
Blacks are genetically not equal to whites. This is scientific fact. They have a lower potential for intelligence and more genes predisposing them to violence.
>6.Foreign policy failures like the loss of China and drawing Red Chinese troops into the conflict on the Korean peninsula. Also, failing to aid the Vietnamese independence movement, causing them to turn towards communist Russia for help.
America could not have prevented the fall of China to communism without a huge intervention that the public wouldn't have allowed immediately after WWII.
>7. Repression of homosexuality, demonization of gays as pedos.
Gays are statistically more likely to be pedophiles than straights.
>>
File: womaninherplace.png (129 KB, 250x236) Image search: [Google]
womaninherplace.png
129 KB, 250x236
>>401311
>Brink of global nuclear war with Russia
>Foreign policy failures
that wasn't the moral fault of the americans, the North Vietnamese had already adopted Maoist style guerrilla warfare and totalitarian government, we couldn't save South Vietnam but we delayed them and created a buffer zone in Cambodia and Laos which prevented Thailand from falling, we saved South Korea, win some, lose some, it is up to the winds of fate

>Women culturally required to be obedient, robotic housewives
pic related, she studied, went to university, raised a family and still had time for her ambitions, she loved Denis and Denis loved her

she seems like a superwoman but relationships like this were NORMAL until recently, the majority of the population would marry young and spend their lives with someone they loved

>HUAC
>McCarthy
the extent of communist infiltration was actually played down by the government to prevent mass hysteria
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Venona_project

>racism
just another meme plebs like to squabble over, if you were to quantify the actual damage caused to people's welfare by ideas you would find radicalism and populism higher up the list
>>
>>408101
>>408102
/pol/ plz
>>
>>408017
>slavs were lynched

The fuck are you on about
>>
File: lazy entitled millennials.jpg (37 KB, 570x382) Image search: [Google]
lazy entitled millennials.jpg
37 KB, 570x382
>>401205

You realize that the only reason that men could afford to pay for entire family was because of the huge shift in power against capital in the wake of post-war labor shortages?
>>
>>408102
>They have a lower potential for intelligence and more genes predisposing them to violence
not true btw.
>>
>>408223
people get other forms of compensation like health insurance and bennies
>>
File: bunker.png (20 KB, 799x370) Image search: [Google]
bunker.png
20 KB, 799x370
>>408226
not him, just saying, while it is a controversial complicated issue, groups largely separated for 1000s of years did start to evolve their separate ways, you should not be surprised to find genes being more prevalent in one race than another
>>
>>408223
Compare it to real compensation.
https://research.stlouisfed.org/fred2/series/COMPRNFB

This is mostly a meme
>>
>booming economy
There were three recessions. Tax rates were astronomically high. government controlled bus and airplane fares. government enforced telecomm monopoly. You couldn't own a phone you had to lease it. you couldn't own gold bullion.
>>
>>408270
Its not true, there is no genetic link to intelligence and violence that we've found. I would love to read respected articles on this. There are really none.

I've studied this. There are things that we initially thought might be a link such as MAOA-L, but they have had less than stellar studies after the initial finnish trials
>>
>>408285
BTW, before you bring up g and heretibility. This is not what I'm talking about.
>>
>>408271
>real
Can you please briefly explain what the Fed means by "inflation?"

I'm expecting it is a limited consumer price series with a changing politicised bundle.
>>
>>408312
I'm actually not sure what they define inflation as in this. I'd assume the CPI but I can't say.

Regardless, it is the same as >>408223 and paints a completely different picture
>>
>>408226
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_and_intelligence
Blacks have a lower IQ
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heritability_of_IQ
IQ is 50% or more inherited
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monoamine_oxidase_A#Clinical_significance
Blacks carry genes that prdispose them to violence
>>
>>408333
Minimum versus adult full-time wage earner is a better measure of differential.

Minimum as %GDP is a better measure of value accumulation.

CPI is really horribly politicised.
>>
>>408285
there is no single gene, there are genes that affect the development of some receptor and various complicated things and combined some of them have significant effects, such as this

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23965265

http://news.sciencemag.org/biology/2012/06/genetic-variants-build-smarter-brain

the few geniuses won the lottery, all their stars aligned, they received the right combination of genes and probably had some environmental advantages too, it is very random which indeed invalidates much of racism and eugenics, they were like quack medicine, it shouldn't stain the reputation of actual medicine

if I could breed humans I'd be practicing a lot of racemixing in my quest to gain heterozygote advantage and other things that would make /pol/ rage

the thing is we have the potential to control this, and give everyone these advantages thereby solving a lot of material problems the world faces, it is for the greater good so anything is justified

>>408298
>before you bring up g and heretibility. This is not what I'm talking about
what else could you be talking about? I can't think what it is you're going to have to explain this to me
>>
>>408352
Hahaha. Until you raise every minority child in a fully loving community without violence, and give them every educational advantage the modern world provides, then double blind it, you can't prove any of what you've given has any real world significance. Correlation is not causation, and the things you're citing do not imply a theory which has been tested.
>>
>>408352
I know about lower IQ, you said potential for IQ which is surely genetic.

I talked about g also.

Already talked about MAOA, but I guess you didn't see that post. Its contested, and its not actually more significant in blacks in repeated sampling. Its mostly attributed to false causality. Many of these studies extrapolate beyond their data series. Bad methodology.

>>408393
specific genes. There is no evidence that heritability is due to specific genes anymore than it is parents' genetic makeup. This is too diverse to pin down. Because of this, its difficult to say that there is a genetic link. We know there is a link, but we have no reasonable way to say "X is inferior".

When you mix your own genes with genes that are inferior and do that by generations, you typically don't get IQs rising faster than any other group. Blacks mostly reproduce with blacks, if they were inferior, then why are their IQs rising at such a rapid rate compared to other races? Only bad genes are getting passed down, so why?

Also your pubmed study is kinda not relevant to what I'm talking about. I'm talking about genetic potential for intelligience which is very much a mashup of things we have no understanding of.
>>
>>408438
The g factor is higher than anything else, and the easiest way to "discredit" things on the internet is "they have bad methodology" or "they manipulated results" or "it was funded by racists because the SPLC said so".
I'm not buying it.
>>
>>408414
>specific isolated studies an tests
>ahaha its all fake
Mmhmmm
>correlation is not causation
M8, the g factor is at like .8 here.
>>
File: and they like it.png (75 KB, 234x350) Image search: [Google]
and they like it.png
75 KB, 234x350
>>401648
>Burning engines are good engines
>Lost nuclear weapons make America great!
As engine fires occurred with the B-36 radial-engines, some crews humorously changed the aircraft's slogan from "six turning, four burning" into "two turning, two burning, two smoking, two choking, and two more unaccounted for."[38]

>>401908
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3qkf3bajd4
It's an interesting interview.

>>402981
Voltaire never said that.
>>
>>402598
>This thread has been an absolute disaster

except for your pics, anon. thanks.
>>
>>408581
It doesn't need to be discredited, its the consensus. That study has already been discredited by many others in peer review. g does have highest, but that doesn't matter when black people have IQs rising faster while having "inferior" genes.
>>
>>408766
There is no such thing as totally "inferior" and "superior", those are opinions.
I would attribute the "blacks" rapid rise in IQ to their violent nature, the most violent and least intelligent die off and don't reproduce, while the proper ones get educated and go to college.
I don't know the limits of whatever "study" you're asserting (link it please), but their methodology could be using younger individuals as the white IQ sample pool has dwindled for some time.
Change doesn't determine irrelevance.
>>
File: ahumm.gif (3 MB, 253x236) Image search: [Google]
ahumm.gif
3 MB, 253x236
>>401683
>he thinks there was ever lead in pencils
mfw

>>408825
I saw a video where Thomas Sowell referred to a study which revealed that black Americans in Germany (offspring of US Army personnel) performed as well as their white peers. he said that it's African-American culture which holds black Americans back.
>>
>>404482
>if I lived in the 50s, I could lose my job
As opposed to right now when jobs are guaranteed?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 74

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.