[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Historical Birthdays
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4
What's the most interesting or significant historical event to take place on your birthday? You can go as far back as you'd like.

December 7th here so mines pretty obvious, the 1941 Japanese led attack on the US naval base at Pearl Harbor. Pic related is the USS Shaw getting btfo.
>>
>Xerox PARC introduces the computer mouse.
>>
JFK was assassinated on my birthday.
>>
April 10th:
One day after surrendering to Grant, Robert E. Lee addresses his men one last time.
The Titanic sets sail on her maiden voyage.
Emilio Zapata is ambushed and killed by government troops.
74 nations agree to halt the production of biological weapons.
The Good Friday Agreement is made.
>>
april 30

hitler killed himself
>>
September 30:

1938: Munich Agreement is signed
>>
July 22
Jeffrey Dahmer admitted to murder
>>
>>262217
July 6
Anne Frank goes into hiding. Not really that "significant", but it's the most well known thing I could find.
>>
Adoption of the Napoleonic code in France
Bismark becomes the Chancellor of the German empire
>>
August first

I was born
>>
>>262690
We share the same birthday :3
>>
>>262217
>1943 – World War II: German Afrika Korps and Italian troops in North Africa surrender to Allied forces

F YEAR
>>
>>262217
18th June

Waterloo
>>
12-04-1204

4th Crusade occupies & plunders Constantinople
>>
My dad was watching us tanks roll into Iraq for the first time as I was being born. My mum was not amused.
>>
>>262994

>My dad was watching us tanks

So your dad is a German panzer?
>>
>>262217
11/4/1814 Napoleon surrender and retire to Elba
>>
File: image.jpg (42 KB, 583x583) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42 KB, 583x583
>Titanic sunk
>Abraham Lincoln was assassinated

April 14th
>>
5 december
Columbus reaches hispaniola
>>
Match 1st
A bunch of Ceasars were appointed.
>>
March 5th.
363 – Roman Emperor Julian moves from Antioch with an army of 90,000 to attack the Sassanid Empire.

1133 - Henry II is born

1953 - Stalin dies.
>>
>>262217
http://www.onthisday.com/events/april/3
>A Hawaiian surfs on highest wave ever - a 50-foot tidal wave
>>
>>262217
Sliced bread was first sold. Best thing since
>>
File: 1442737404111.jpg (228 KB, 800x542) Image search: [Google]
1442737404111.jpg
228 KB, 800x542
January 16th
End of Operation Desert Shield and the start of Operation Desert Storm.
>>
October 18

1009 - The Church of the Holy Sepulchre, a Christian church in Jerusalem, is completely destroyed by the Fatimid caliph Al-Hakim bi-Amr Allah, who hacks the Church's foundations down to bedrock.
>>
June 27
First nuclear power station opened in 1954
>>
End of WW2 in Europe
>>
>>262217

>What's the most interesting or significant historical event to take place on your birthday?

My birth,of course
>>
April 13
World War II: The discovery of mass graves of Polish prisoners of war killed by Soviet forces in the Katyń Forest Massacre is announced, causing a diplomatic rift between the Polish government-in-exile in London from the Soviet Union, which denies responsibility.
>>
>>262217
In my opinion, the coolest thing that happened on my birthday is Julius Caesar's.
>>
October 14
Battle of Hastings
>>
I share my birthday with Rome. Neat.
>>
September 3rd

>1939 – World War II: France, the United Kingdom, New Zealand and Australia declare war on Germany after the invasion of Poland, forming the Allies.
>>
December 15th

The U.S. Bill of Rights is ratified and becomes law.
>>
August 13
Tenochtitlan is conquered by Cortes.
Bayreuth theater is opened
Beginning of Battle for Britain
>>
>>262217
732 – Battle of Tours: Charles Martel removes kebab.
>>
>>269323
14th or 15th of March lad? I'm 15th
>>
>july 14th
three musketeers celebrated in france

muh protestantism
>>
December 21. Well, I had a failed apocalypse prediction occur on my 18th and the Plymouth colony was founded.

Probably some cool battles too.
>>
April 2nd

>1917
President Wilson asked Congress for a declaration of war against Germany
>1992 (not nearly as significant, but very interesting)
New York mafia boss is convicted of murder and racketeering, later sentenced to life.
>>
File: 1292225624700.jpg (97 KB, 694x448) Image search: [Google]
1292225624700.jpg
97 KB, 694x448
>>270929
Wow I didn't even mention it was mafia boss John Gotti
>>
>>262217
November 5th, Guy Fawkes bungles the Gunpowder Plot and edgelords have worshipped that day ever since.
>>
Oct 18
USA bought Alaska.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.