[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: We post wars where the wrong side won
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
ITT: We post wars where the wrong side won
>>
doing a poo
>>
Battle of Tours should have been won by the armies of Islam.
>>
Norman Conquest of England
>>
The Swedish war of liberation, and I am saying that as a Swede.
Christian the second was an asshole, sure, but Gustav Wasa was not even a little bit better and we would be better of with a united Scandinavia anyway.

>inb4 someone posts world war 2
>>
File: wellingtonwaterloo[1].jpg (135 KB, 800x525) Image search: [Google]
wellingtonwaterloo[1].jpg
135 KB, 800x525
I was defeated, you won the war
Promise to love you for ever more
Couldn't escape if I wanted to
Knowing my fate is to be with you
>>
Maybe the Gallic Wars, but that would erase pretty much all of history. So it's a tough call.
>>
WWII.
Six-day War.
Afghanistan War 2001.
Iraq War 2003.
>>
>>1334525
2nd Punic War
>>
every war the mongols fought
>>
File: got hound ftk.jpg (136 KB, 495x600) Image search: [Google]
got hound ftk.jpg
136 KB, 495x600
>>1334525
Some snobby king who wanted to rule absolute like the frenchies against honest yeomen defending their traditional freedoms.
FUCK THE KING
>>
Most Roman Conquests, Most American-Indian Wars.
We want your land, we make up a causus belli.
>>
WW1, but with the caveat that I don't think it's so much as side as duration. Anyone winning in 1914-1915 would be considerably better than what historically happened.

I just think that the Central Powers were more likely to pull out an ahistoric quick win than the Entente was.
>>
>>1334539

when i was younger I used to think that song was about meeting someone on the Waterloo line hitting it off but never following through and never seeing each other again

look it up the other day and it is literally about waterloo

fuckin swedes
>>
>>1336108

You aren't wrong.

That it ended with any of the villains who perpetrated it in power was a travesty.

German Empire, Austro-Hungarian Empire, Russian Empire, Ottoman Empire; should have also ended the British Empire and French Empire.
>>
>>1336140
t. /pol/
>>
>>1336235
>>1336235

Wouldn't a /pol/smoker want the British Empire to rule the world?
>>
File: Iranian Revolution.jpg (147 KB, 950x633) Image search: [Google]
Iranian Revolution.jpg
147 KB, 950x633
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.