[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Feed me with knowledge /his/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: TheFuckhaveidone.jpg (6 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
TheFuckhaveidone.jpg
6 KB, 259x194
I've unwittingly let Mormons inside my house cause it was raining outside. Then they started about babbling about their cult and i found it all dubious.

They'ed left me a copy of their book i read some parts of it and i don't think i can stomach the ramblings, they said they'll be back in Sunday. I need a crash course and insight on these fucks.
>>
>>1324071
Read the "Letter to the CES director"
It was written by a Mormon scholar after he did a lot of research and concluded that the church is a scam.
>>
>>1324082
I'm thinking of just bolting out on sunday. Seriously though the discussion was pretty good at the start, we talked about the dubiousness of organized religions and the callousness of modern society.

Then they started babbling about their fucking cult leader and how "god" himself showed himself to the fuck. Shit they even mentioned shit about a baptismal.

And i was planning on jacking off all Sunday.
>>
>>1324094
Just tell them to fuck off you limp dicked dipshit. What are they gonna do, threaten you with some caffeine free soda?
>>
>>1324071
It's the truth sent by God to John Smith.

Don't you want your own planet dumbass?
>>
>>1324099
I have a good moral reputation in the neighborhood. I don't wanna lose that that's all I've got left. I've turned full NEET.

>>1324106
You know damn well i'd die before reaching it. Goddamn the book is so fictitious i can use it as a goddamn D&D setting.
>>
File: 1397185959471.png (301 KB, 641x720) Image search: [Google]
1397185959471.png
301 KB, 641x720
>>1324116
>NEET
>implying your "reputation" isn't shit already
>reputation among the townsfolk in 2015+1
Do you live in some rural Alabama town of 300 people?
>>
What's the problem ? They sound entertaining.

Just talk frankly and without ill will about what you think of their doctrines, and it should be interesting.
>>
>>1324130
I'm not Americunt, you cunt.

I live in a place where people still look at me in awe, cause i managed to finish my education.

[spoiler]Im from Asian Mexico and if i do anything rash from religious stuff, the whole place would give me looks. I'm pretty sure we'd still be burning witches if we can.
>>
once you want to be happy and once you see the dhamma, you understand that happiness is the not the hedonism of the body (through the five senses) nor the hedonism of the will (through the intellect), but what is called stillness towards what fades, which means towards the two hedonisms above.

You understand that you are not awake, which means that you are an hedonist of the body and that in this heodnism, you must behave towards nibbana. this means that you only take care of the body in the view of nibbana. this means that you take only what you need for the body to be used for nibbana. this means only shelter, food and health.
The entertainment is the opposite of the dhamma. Once you want to be happy and see the dhamma, you know that you must appease your five senses, which you know will displease you sooner or later, plus you remain must rain to remain still towards this hedonism. you know that you are not so still towards them currently. THere is no need to worsen the situation. Once you calm what you consider is outside of you and go through your five senses, to speak as a realist, you begin what people call mindfulness, which just means alertness.

You know that you must strive for appeasement towards whatever arises, which means that you must constantly get rid of behaviors which go towards the embracing of the hedonismS, and manage to summon behaviors which lead you to nibbana.
The next thing to the remembrance of why you ''meditate'' as they and to alertness (sati mindfulness) is thus the energy to leave strive for nibbana.
Once you are apply yourself to summon the paramitas [=equanimity+benevolence], everywhere, every time, towards what you consider is you and towards what you consider is not you, once you are secluded, as best as you can, from the excitation of the five senses, a state of consciousness that they call jhana arises.
>>
I actually did a Pathfinder session with the Book of Mormon and incorporated the musical into it too. Was pretty great
>>
Just tell them no thank you. Mormons are too nice to be assholes about it.
>>
>>1324205
How do you base the part about hedonism? I mean if you propagate very little space in this you should be able to base it.

Do you mean always? Or during fasts in which to look for this spiritual state?
>>
>>1324205
I don't see whether of not you intend to abuse peoples openness to God to avenge that the OP- post is saying something -justified.

Or you are just so lost in your abstinences that you need to ensure other people's suffering too. Are you in horror in all you fastings, for such a long time, without there seeming a way out?
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.