[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ask a public school history teacher anything.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
Ask a public school history teacher anything.
>>
How did you become a teacher? I'm interested in becoming a history or English teacher.
>>
How do you approach to teaching history?
How do you deal with the fact many kids find history boring?
How do you deal with all the attractive young women?
>>
>>1354498
Started as an aid in college, then decided to get a teacher's education and do it full time.

>>1354508
I try to be as detailed and visceral in explaining events and concepts as possible, without trying to come off as "look how hip I am lol". I study favorite speakers and authors and draw from them how to invest an audience in the subject.
>How do you deal with all the attractive young women?
It's hard to not come off as flirtatious when talking to a young female student one on one because of how much that kind of interaction has been associated with being a pedo, but my class trusts me.
>>
>>1354523
Do you sometimes consider suicide when realizing how little your students actually know?
>>
How long have you been teaching?

US or abroad? How's the pay? Is the experience worth more than a higher salary? Do you recommend it?
>>
>>1354473
How do you put up with the shit pay, awful bratty kids, bureaucracy, and stress?
>>
Where do you teach? How bad are your students?
>>
>>1354473
What grade or grades so you teach? Was it hard to find a school you wanted to teach at?
>>
Andrjich?
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.