[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>In the beginning, God created the Heaven and the Earth >And
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: 1438930746110.png (226 KB, 420x432) Image search: [Google]
1438930746110.png
226 KB, 420x432
>In the beginning, God created the Heaven and the Earth
>And the Earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
Okay, so what this is telling me is that the Earth had no form, yet it was created. So I can only assume that the universes existence at first was like a blank canvas and God drew in everything else, including heaven. And he decided to do it all after an infinite amount of time prior.
This couldn't have happened.
>>
>>1269669
Wasn't really time before time m8
>>
>>1269669
It's just a metaphor, bro.
>>
>>1269677
According to the bible, God is infinite, so he must've had all these morals in his head for quite some time and only then did he decide to create the universe, only to make it so that humans weren't perfect.
>>
>>1269669
>This couldn't have happened.
It could've its God after all.
>>
>>1269704
Perfect?
Do you think we should strive for perfection?
Such is a choice.
We have freedom, which I would say, on a cosmic level, is more perfect than your notion "humans were made imperfect and commanded to be perfect"
Humans had to be made with one or the other, luckily God gave us the choice by giving us imperfection.
>>
>There are people who actually unironically believe this shit.
>>
>>1270355
>luckily
That doesn't sound very appealing.
>>
File: image.jpg (43 KB, 304x334) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43 KB, 304x334
>>1269669
Wow. Did you think up those comments and come to that conclusion all by yourself? You're a winner!!!
>>
"Earth" is used in both Hebrew and Biblical Greek to mean "material", in contrast with "heaven", which is spiritual ("earth" and "world" should not be conflated). The phrase translated as "void and without form" here is "tohu wa bohu". "Tohu" means a waste or emptiness, "bohu" is a nonce word coined to rhyme "tohu". What is being described here is what is called a "vacuum state" in science, which means nothing material save quantum energy.
>>
>>1270555
nice trips
>>
>>1269669

It's actually an interesting theological debate whether the bible is referring to God creating the Universe ex nihilo or whether he is fashioning it from pre-existing chaotic matter.
>>
>>1269669
>And the Earth was without form
It should be "became", not "was".
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.