[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I heard that The Brothers Grimm invented nationalism. Is it true?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: Glass Slipper.jpg (203 KB, 740x1030) Image search: [Google]
Glass Slipper.jpg
203 KB, 740x1030
I heard that The Brothers Grimm invented nationalism. Is it true? Does it means that nationalism literally just a fairy tale?
>>
>>1173424
Rin's virginity is a fairytale lmao
>>
>>1173424
>I heard that The Brothers Grimm invented nationalism.

Whoever said that is a moronic idiot.

>Is it true?

No.

You are an ignorant idiot.
>>
File: 1463738604867.png (311 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1463738604867.png
311 KB, 640x480
>>1173424
ANIME GET OUT
>>
>>1173455
> Whoever said that is a moronic idiot.
Actually, it isn't that far from truth. They influenced german nationalism. Allies even considered to ban the books after the war.
>>
>>1173642
The Grimm brothers sought to see the multitude of German states united as one country and the folk tales they gathered was common for all the Germans, they figured it's work as some cohesive. Even stories like ‘Red Riding Hood’, told in varying versions in many languages, were thought by the Grimms to originate from ancient Germanic tales and they identified themes and incidents in Germanic mythology and legend that they believed were echoed in folk tales. The Nazis warmly approved of the Grimms’ work, which, as Professor Jack Zipes puts it in his book on the brothers, they exploited ‘to uphold the racist and nationalist supremacy of the German people’.
>>
>>1175632
Funny since most of their tales (including Little Red Riding Hood) were straight up copypasted from Charles Perrault.
>>
>>1173642

Apparently, you can't distinguish between the literal, and the figurative.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.