[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /his/ think of Wicca? Legit ancient faith or meme tier
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (43 KB, 283x361) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43 KB, 283x361
What does /his/ think of Wicca? Legit ancient faith or meme tier "woman-empowerment" role playing that (mostly Christian) girls get into during middleschool because they watched The Craft for the first time and hate daddy?
>>
>>1087402
Full of unbelievably douchy losers.
>>
Didn't JK Rowling get shit on by Wiccans for writing Harry Potter?
>>
>>1087402

your baiting...

and wicca is all new age bullshit, half made up half out of any context, and sucks feminisms cock, yes, very much so
>>
>>1087402
>Legit ancient faith
>or meme tier "woman-empowerment" role playing that (mostly Christian) girls get into during middleschool because they watched The Craft for the first time and hate daddy
If you've ever read anything about Wicca or actually spoken to a Wiccan you would know that the latter is far more accurate.
>>
>>1087402
Utter horseshit for girls to act like pagans.
>>
Margaret Murray should have stuck with Egyptology.
>>
Wicca is a new religious movement founded by a British civil servant in his off hours in the 1950s. The practices are a mix of said civil servant's Anglican upbringing, Druidic practices, the "ceremonial magick" traditions of secret societies popular among some of the British upper class in the 19th century, a dash of Catholicism, and medieval rumors claiming that village women were secretly part of a witch cult. The last of those was the one most expanded on by Gerald Gardner's followers such as Doreen Valiente to promote the "ancient religion" idea. This claim of an ancient lineage isn't uncommon in a lot of new religious movements, though, it's inaccurate but the image matters. Wicca was popular among hippies in the 1960s and 1970s before becoming associated with rebellious teenagers and alternative rock types.
>>
>If I had been a Heathen,
I'd have praised the purple vine,
My slaves should dig the vineyards,
And I would drink the wine.
>But Higgins is a Heathen,
And his slaves grow lean and grey,
That he may drink some tepid milk
Exactly twice a day.

I'd have crowned Neaera's curls,
And filled my life with love affairs,
My house with dancing girls;
And to lecture rooms is forced,
Where his aunts, who are not married,
Demand to be divorced.

I'd have sent my armies forth,
And dragged behind my chariots
The Chieftains of the North.
And he drives the dreary quill,
To lend the poor that funny cash
That makes them poorer still.

I'd have piled my pyre on high,
And in a great red whirlwind
Gone roaring to the sky;
And a richer man than I:
And they put him in an oven,
Just as if he were a pie.

>Now who that runs can read it,
The riddle that I write,
Of why this poor old sinner,
Should sin without delight-
>But I, I cannot read it
(Although I run and run),
Of them that do not have the faith,
And will not have the fun
>>
>>1087505
So autism: the religion?
>>
>>1088189
Yes.
>>
>>1087402
There is no continuity between current Wiccan tradition and ancient Pagan rites. While some claim, there is no scholarly research which supports an actual continuity.

New Age occultism (Kabbalah) can trace itself loosely to the Jewish Cabala of the 13th Century (see Cornelius Agrippa 16th Cent). New Age (Christian) Kabala however lacks a strong scholarly (peer reviewed) basis (unlike Jewish Kabalah).

Levi, Crowley and Fortune (late 19th early 20th Cent.) were charlatans. Hemetic kallabah can not trace its roots to Hermes and Egypt AND the Tarot DOES NOT correspond to the Jewish "Tree of Life".

There...
>>
I guess authentic Gardnerian Wicca or the ones who follow the secret teachings of Alex Sanders are light-years ahead 99% of so called wiccans.
However, here where i live we have a common saying: "Wicca é a minha pica" (wicca is my cock).
>>
>>1089927
The question I would have to practitioners of these these "Authentic" Wiccan traditions, is what is their peer reviewed historical bona fides. How do they actually trace their lineage. Anybody can get naked and tree hug.
>>
>>1087402
All seeing eye in the middle wtf
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.