[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ok so this is the first album art I have ever made for someone
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /gd/ - Graphic Design

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2
File: Postcards.png (3 MB, 1800x1800) Image search: [Google]
Postcards.png
3 MB, 1800x1800
Ok so this is the first album art I have ever made for someone else. The guy I sent it to told me it was too unprofessional and said we can't do business. Can you guys tell me what I'm doing wrong?
>>
>>256413
The text coudl be better. The positioning, for example. Maybe the title could be on the top part and the musicians on the bottom, that way it wouldn't feel so cluttered.

Make the white lines thinner.

You could even add a very subtle gradient on the white letters, a gray to white one. Remember to keep it subtle. I don't like the transparency. Make it 100% opacity and change the color to a medium gray if you don't want it to be entirely white.

Use two fonts: one for the authors and another one for the title of the album. Right now, that TTT part has that different font and I don't really know why. If anything, I'd change the font used for the names.

Try writing the names or everything in caps, see what it looks like. Maybe it looks better that way.

That hollow font with the inner glow... it's not bad, but I don't like it at all. And, are those lines equally distant from the text?

I hope I'm not forgetting anything, but right now, that's all I think could be improved. Sorry for my english btw.
>>
>>256418
Oh, the "remix" text feels way out of place. It's outside the boundaries and that font is not good at all.
>>
File: salvage.jpg (253 KB, 1800x1800) Image search: [Google]
salvage.jpg
253 KB, 1800x1800
>>256413

The client sounds like a dick. Design is a process, back and forth. Show a client three ROUGH IDEAS at first, NOT FINISHED ART. Then you see what they think, et cetera. Work from there. THOU SHALT NEVER ACCEPT THINE FIRST IDEA.

Here's a variation based on your design, which I spent about two minutes on. Make the artwork BIGGER ("Keep it simple, make it big" -- Jerry Garcia), also lose the static centered type. Pump it up, make it more interesting.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.