[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How to do things?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /gd/ - Graphic Design

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: ECA_CBD.jpg (1008 KB, 800x1048) Image search: [Google]
ECA_CBD.jpg
1008 KB, 800x1048
How do I remove the background of this without taking a long time and use the erase tool?
>>
Photoshop has a background erase tool that works fairly well
>>
>>270593
photoshop - duplicate layer - hide the original - magic wand tool at 40% - select black - delete - save as png. there's ppl at /wsr/ that could do it for you (sometimes i help).
>>
>>270597
I'll try it, I'll ask if i need help
>>
>>270597
Actually helped a lot, thanks :)
>>
File: zs8n7srx.png (1 MB, 800x1048) Image search: [Google]
zs8n7srx.png
1 MB, 800x1048
I don't know if could be useful
>>
layer masks are your friend
>>
>>270593
Several good ways and then some that are volatile but might be great:

-Good: Use the magic wand tool to select the black (play with higher tolerance to get more at once or lower to not eat into your image) AND THEN use the Refine Edge feature. Usually you'll want to feather by 0.5-1.0 and shift the edge inward so none of the background hangs on. Increase contrast as well if you want.

-Good: Use the Quick Selection (alternate of the magic wand) or the Magnetic Lasso tool (alt of the lasso) to quickly do the above except select the image. Works best for simpler shapes not like your OP image.

-Bad: Magic eraser tool. This'll fuck up what the wand+refine will do right

-Mixed: Actions you download from online. Some are better than all the above but the downside is having to find lots of good actions, download them, click them and test them out then undo all that shit if it fails.
>>
>>270662
totally agree
can't stand when people don't use masks
>>
>>270662
>masking all that fine detail
nooope wtf
>>
>>271327
There are many ways to do Layer Masks, man.

OP: Never ever ever use the eraser tool or its sub-tools
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.