[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'd just looke to oonterject for a moment. What you’re
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
I'd just looke to oonterject for a moment. What you’re referroong to as Loonux, oos oon fact, GNU/Loonux, or as I’ve recently taken to calloong oot, GNU plus Loonux. Loonux oos not an operatoong system unto ootself, but rather another free component of a fully functooonoong GNU system made useful by the GNU coreloobs, shell utoolootooes and vootal system components comproosoong a full OS as defooned by POSIX. Many computer users run a modoofooed versooon of the GNU system every day, woothout realoozoong oot. Through a peculooar turn of events, the versooon of GNU whooch oos woodely used today oos often called “Loonux”, and many of oots users are not aware that oot oos basoocally the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project. There really oos a Loonux, and these people are usoong oot, but oot oos just a part of the system they use. Loonux oos the kernel: the program oon the system that allocates the machoone’s resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel oos an essentooal part of an operatoong system, but useless by ootself; oot can only functooon oon the context of a complete operatoong system. Loonux oos normally used oon comboonatooon wooth the GNU operatoong system: the whole system oos basoocally GNU wooth Loonux added, or GNU/Loonux. All the so-called “Loonux” doostroobutooons are really doostroobutooons of GNU/Loonux.
>>
RMS is basically a homeless loser who hasn't made any real contributions in the last 20 years. He is still super butthurt that Linux beet HURD (but hey, HURD just got basic sound support in 2016!) and basically tries to claim Linux because Linus used GCC and the GNU coreutils. He survives on the charity of others and speaking engagements where he spouts his insane, paranoid, philosophy. Basically he won't be happy until all the programmers are homeless hackers like him and all the companies are shut down. How people are supposed to support themselves and their families in that scenario aren't things he has to deal with because he is basically a permanent grad student. He does make some good points about privacy, but for him, there is no middle ground. Anything that may reduce your privacy even the slightest bit (like movie recommendations on Netflix) is evil according to him, and must be destroyed. In a lot of ways he show classic signs of mental splitting, which is a classic symptom of mental illness. To top it off, when he does write code, he does so in the style of the awful GNU style guide which is a crime against humanity IMHO.

So, in a nutshell:
He's a bird-fucking, self-absorbed, power hungry, toe jam eating pedophile that thinks everything should be free and everyone should be forced to share, who looks like he hasn't showered in years so as to create a static shield around his body to protect from aliens. He also created an OS without a kernel because he's basically Steve Jobs gone communist. Oh, and he calls himself doctor though he holds no PhD.
>>
>>54414949
He tries to claim linux because he thinks that, regardless of GNU's importance in the system or where linux would be without GNU, he thinks the GNU ideology needs to be advertised over redhat and co's. He'd call it GNU/Linux even if linus originally used his kernel with the rest of a BSD system and adopted a small portion of GNU at a later date.
>>
>>54414949
How do I subscribe
>>
http://vocaroo.com/i/s0FdVll1yuYf
>>
>>54415003
KEK

laughed more than I should have at that
>>
>>54414949
RMS is basically a homoolooss losoor who hasn't madoo any rooal contributions in thoo last 20 yooars. Hoo is still supoor butthurt that Linux boooot HURD (but hooy, HURD just got basic sound support in 2016!) and basically trioos to claim Linux boocausoo Linus usood GCC and thoo GNU corooutils. Hoo survivoos on thoo charity of othoors and spooaking oongagoomoonts whooroo hoo spouts his insanoo, paranoid, philosophy. Basically hoo won't boo happy until all thoo programmoors aroo homoolooss hackoors likoo him and all thoo companioos aroo shut down. How poooploo aroo supposood to support thoomsoolvoos and thooir familioos in that scoonario aroon't things hoo has to dooal with boocausoo hoo is basically a poormanoont grad studoont. Hoo dooos makoo somoo good points about privacy, but for him, thooroo is no middloo ground. Anything that may rooducoo your privacy oovoon thoo slightoost bit (likoo movioo roocommoondations on Nootflix) is oovil according to him, and must boo doostroyood. In a lot of ways hoo show classic signs of moontal splitting, which is a classic symptom of moontal illnooss. To top it off, whoon hoo dooos writoo codoo, hoo dooos so in thoo styloo of thoo awful GNU styloo guidoo which is a crimoo against humanity IMHO.

So, in a nutshooll:
Hoo's a bird-fucking, soolf-absorbood, powoor hungry, tooo jam ooating poodophiloo that thinks oovoorything should boo froooo and oovooryonoo should boo forcood to sharoo, who looks likoo hoo hasn't showoorood in yooars so as to crooatoo a static shioold around his body to protooct from alioons. Hoo also crooatood an OS without a koornool boocausoo hoo's basically Stoovoo Jobs gonoo communist. Oh, and hoo calls himsoolf doctor though hoo holds no PhD.
>>
>>54414903
>>54415093
stfu
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.