[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Port Forwarding issues
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 9
File: My router.jpg (118 KB, 690x596) Image search: [Google]
My router.jpg
118 KB, 690x596
Hey, /g/. I have a Motorola NVG589. Recently got it. I've been trying to set up Port Forwarding on it so that i can play some vidya with a friend of mine. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be working. I'm at a total loss. I can set up the application under NAT/Gaming and say that it's my computer that's using it (Since this goes by device name and doesn't let you put in IPs) but that won't work. I've triple checked that it is indeed My computer that I'm saying needs it, I've made sure it's getting the right IPV4 address. It's just plain not working even when i set it up. When i try to turn on IP Passthrough, my device disappears from the list of accepted devices and i can't tell it that My computer is the device that needs the port open.

I'd very much like some help here, I've been at this for 2 days and I'm getting extremely frustrated by it. If someone could give me some help, I'd appreciate it.
>>
>I've made sure it's getting the right IPV4 address

You setup the port forward for the IP on your lan right? e.g. on a 192.168.1.0/24 subnet, it would be something like 192.168.1.54 (NOT your public IP).

Another thing you could look at is if there's a 'DMZ' option. You could place your server in DMZ to see if it can connect that way, to try to rule out double-NAT or invisible proxy or other stupid ISP shennanigans upstream on the part of your ISP.
>>
call geeksquad, they are for tech support unlike /g/
>>
File: Router settings page.png (258 KB, 1898x962) Image search: [Google]
Router settings page.png
258 KB, 1898x962
>>53935011
I've checked over every option in my router settings and no such thing as DMZ shows up.

Also, i'm not one hundred percent sure what you mean by setting it up on my lan. I'm not the most tech-savvy guy on earth, i can just do simple port forwarding and that's about it. My last router was incredibly similar to this, as in the layouts of the router settings were exactly the same and how i would port forward was exactly the same, but it's just not working the same way on this one.

If it helps, here's a picture of the router settings page
>>
>>53935117
Post screenshots of the Home Network and Firewall tabs.

Blank out anything that even looks like a public IP, network SSID or network key before posting.
>>
>>53934970
are you opening up your software firewall too?
>>
>>53934970
Check if you can put it into bridge mode and get a router that can have DD-WRT.
>>
File: My router page.png (419 KB, 3828x2026) Image search: [Google]
My router page.png
419 KB, 3828x2026
>>53935183
>>53935183
Will this help?
>>
>>53935242
>dd-wrt
>not openWRT

kill yourself senpai
>>
>>53935223
Already turned Windows Firewall off and double checked to make sure i didn't have anything like McAfee or Norton sitting around somewhere.

>>53935242
I don't know what that means.
>>
>>53935297
Give me a screenshot of Firewall->NAT/Gaming
>>
File: openwrt.png (5 KB, 308x78) Image search: [Google]
openwrt.png
5 KB, 308x78
>>53934970
> not using OpenWrt
>>
>>53935311
baka, when was the last time openWRT was updated senpai ka?

>>53935320
then u better find out
>>
File: NAT Gaming Router.png (242 KB, 1914x963) Image search: [Google]
NAT Gaming Router.png
242 KB, 1914x963
>>53935332
Here. There's no hosted applications right now because i've had to restart the damn thing again and I haven't put anything up because my Device Name isn't on that list there. I've already checked to make sure none of those other names are right and the router is just fucking with me, none of those are my device.
>>
>>53935392
You can try manually adding one either the 'Add' or 'Custom Services' buttons. I'll need screenshots for what both of them allow you to configure, as well as the LAN IP of your gaming server (it will be something like 192.168.1.x) and the port number(s) the game communicates over, or just the name of the game itself so I can google it.
>>
File: Custom Services.png (13 KB, 811x489) Image search: [Google]
Custom Services.png
13 KB, 811x489
>>53935465
It's not actually even a server i'm trying to run here, I'm just trying to host Netplay over ZSNES 1.42., the default port for that is 7845.

Also, the Add button just puts the selected application up on the hosted applications bar, custom services allows me to assign a port to be opened and give it a "Name" which doesn't really do anything, it's basically just letting me select a port, port range, and open it on TCP and or UDP.

And again, i can add as many things as i want right now, it doesn't matter. If i turn off IP Passthrough my device's name comes back on the list, but if it's off, it doesn't matter if i put an application up there or not, i can't host shit.

>>53935342
Says that my router isn't one of the supported devices, anon.
>>
>>53935556
Define a custom service for TCP/UDP on port 7845 and call it Netplay or whatever. Click Add.

Go to Application Hosting Entry. Click Add. Look for your custom Netplay service and assign it to the appropriate host on your LAN.
>>
>>53935601
Friend, this is exactly how i set up my ports before, only now I can't choose my device or anything related to my device cause they're not there.
>>
>>53935700
Show me screenshots. They might have just moved this shit to a different tab because they're retarded.
>>
>>53935750
Screenshots of what exactly? The hosted applications page?
>>
>>53935756
I can't even guess where they might have moved this shit to. Is there anything under Packet Filter, IP Passthrough or Firewall Advanced that looks relevant?
>>
File: Other pages.png (814 KB, 3828x2836) Image search: [Google]
Other pages.png
814 KB, 3828x2836
>>53935815
Have a look for yourself
>>
>>53935913
Under Firewall -> IP Passthrough, what kind of new options do you get when you set Allocation Mode to 'Default Server'?
>>
File: Default server.png (72 KB, 1186x778) Image search: [Google]
Default server.png
72 KB, 1186x778
>>53935957
The option to set the default server internal address to the ip of any of the devices currently connected to the Router, my computer included
>>
>>53935344
a lot fucking sooner than ddwrt
>>
>>53935392
>sweaty microsoft guy
>>
>>53936001
You could use that until you figure out where exactly they buried the option to put in a proper port forward in the menus.
>>
Btw did you double check that your internal IP hasnt changed?
>>
>>53936145
I will try that. I'll post results later when my friends show up and i can actually test it. If the thread's still alive by then.

>>53936150
How do i do that?
>>
>>53936186
Win+R , Cmd, Enter, ipcongif /all
and look for "IPv4 adress:"
>>
>>53936239
It's
ipconfig /all

My fingers were retarded. Sorry
>>
>>53936262
What if it has? I think it might have.
>>
>>53936305
Then you'd need to change the port forward to use the new IP.
>>
>>53935297
Posting your i.p.
Gamer fag, go back to /v/
What part of "we're not a helpdesk" you not understand?
Using AT&T, try calling their tech support you pleb.
Underage detected.
>>
>>53935344
>baka, when was the last time openWRT was updated senpai ka?

>not sure if joking
>>
>>53936568
>16 Mar
desu
>>
>>53936632
https://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/trunk/ar71xx/

>what's a nightly
>>
>>53936678
>downloading buggy snapshots
Snapshits more like mirite desu
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.