[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ergonomic chairs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6
In the process of building a new station and I'm looking at ergonomic chairs. Seen a lot of these on bst (pic related)

What does /g/ think? Meme?
>>
>>53732448
i wish i had one

i know someone with the aero who is pretty happy with this brand
>>
I've tried a lot of chairs and the steelcase gesture works best for me
>>
>>53732448
upgraded aeron and embody are both top tier.
steelcase leap is very comfy if you're not a sweaty bastard or are in a sufficiently A/C'd room.

In general, HM and Steelcase are pretty much impossible to go wrong with if you have the cash.

I'm a strong believer in splurging for seating, input devices, and displays, since good ones can easily last you ten years.

> sadly, we seem to be at the point where CPUs have all but completely stagnated, and GPUs can't be that far off.
>>
File: backpain by PCing.png (23 KB, 844x784) Image search: [Google]
backpain by PCing.png
23 KB, 844x784
>>53732448
Would you believe me I spent around 60 to 150% value of my PC on chair, yet, im 35 and I look pic related.

Best chair is 30 mins of exercise daily...
>>
>>53733772
>since good ones can easily last you ten years
totally, I had my steelcase please (back then the company was called pohlschröder) for 17 years before I switched to the gesture two years ago only because it was damaged while moving
of course you have to have the fabrics cleaned every now and then and once I even replaced the rubber part of the armrests because I broke one (40€ for both) but ultimately the money invested over that long period of time including the price of the chair is much less than rebuying a cheap shitty chair every 2-3 years while being a whole different world of quality and comfort
>>
>>53734147
This is why I use this chair and lift 3 times a week. Expensive ergonomic chairs are the biggest tech faggot memes on the planet. Anything designed to allow you to sit comfortably for 12 hours at a time without forcing you to engage at least some sort of muscle is a death trap.
>>
File: 50076-2021-2ww-m.jpg (29 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
50076-2021-2ww-m.jpg
29 KB, 400x400
>>53734216
Forgot to attach pic.
>>
File: image.jpg (399 KB, 1768x1984) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
399 KB, 1768x1984
There are people out there who sit for a living. They cant just stand up and leave. They dong use herman miller designer garbage.

A real chair is just functional. Heavy vehicle seats reign supreme
>>
I would not mind an ergonomic chair just because I use a hard wood one now.

Would have to be mesh since I'd take wood over a ass stink trap fabric chair.

That said just go fucking lift and strengthen up that lumbar. You'll do yourself a lot more good than spending $1500 on a chair will ever do you.
>>
>>53734228
ask a bus driver who worked 10+ years about his back and their superchairs.
Sitting is unnatural , squating would be something like natural
>>
>>53734287

Long haul trucks and heavy machinery use KAB seating chairs. They have amazing suspension and those chairs cost more than a used car.
>>
File: NASA2-2523489.jpg (151 KB, 1024x682) Image search: [Google]
NASA2-2523489.jpg
151 KB, 1024x682
sitting/standing/lying in place for 6+ hours a day will fuck your shit up

the only hope is to live in space with no gravity
>>
Tfw you realize that in about 20 years everyone who grew up using computers will be fucked
>>
>>53735512
But lack of gravity can also fuck your shit up nigglet
>>
>>53735755
it's easier to counteract the effects, especially when your goal is prolonged computer use
>>
File: $_27.jpg (71 KB, 640x475) Image search: [Google]
$_27.jpg
71 KB, 640x475
im thinking of buying this steelcase leap. owner is offering it for 300 but i might ask for 150. is it worth it?
>>
Get an ergonomic chair only if you are willing to sit on it properly. My ergonomic chair is not as comfy as I would like to, so I just sit like shit to feel comfier. Worst $300 I've ever spent
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.