[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does it matter how many Watt a Step Down converter can take?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: PSD45N.jpg (23 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
PSD45N.jpg
23 KB, 600x450
Does it matter how many Watt a Step Down converter can take? I bought some stuff from Japan, both with build in power supplies. For someone in Europe input should be 220-240 right?
Are those Chink ones on ebay trustable?
>>
>>55603998
Europe is 220 volts in general.
>>
>>55604246
That should be the input right?
>>
>>55604351
No wait nvm 230 @ 50 hz. for a moment there I was thinking US current lol.
>>
Is there anything on the device stating what voltage and current it needs?is there anything on the built in PSU that says what input it needs and what output power it provides? Most devices in the US have the power info lightly engraved somewhere on the plastic
>>
>>55604427
The highest is 30 Watt with about 110 or 120 AC volt
>>
>>55604427
Yes they have generally doesn't need to it just needs the Input Voltage and Frequency on it and the Output voltage and Amps (seeing has most current breakers in europe are around 5-20 amps tops)
>>
>>55604427
>>55604446
>>55604470
The other uses 100 volt 50/60 hz with either 2 or 1 A
>>
>>55604246
Try 230, numbnuts.
>>
>>55604499
Well it was 220 a few years back on most countries it got upped to 230 very recently on most countries.
>>
Just make sure you supply the correct voltage to the device, you can get something that supplies more current than you need and you won't hurt anything.
>>
>>55604572
Even if it can't give enough Watt?
>>
Most modern consumer electronics have universal voltage.

Just check the specs of the AC adapter on you laptop or the input of your power supply.

You may not need a converter at all.
>>
>>55605633
What's modern? The appliances I have that should need one are about 22 years old.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.