[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey, /g/. Not sure if this is your realm or more of /mu/s, but
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3
File: P511-3008-main-sp[1].jpg (22 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
P511-3008-main-sp[1].jpg
22 KB, 300x300
Hey, /g/. Not sure if this is your realm or more of /mu/s, but I'll start here.

I picked up a pair of Bose soundtrue 2 headphones to replace my HD202. I didn't expect the inline mic to work with my PC, but a friend said an audio splitter would get it going, which would be a nice little bonus. My question is would a splitter noticeably degrade the sound quality?
>>
>>55602574
>would a splitter noticeably degrade the sound quality?

No

But it also won't work
>>
File: 510vJC21VrL._SY355_[1].jpg (13 KB, 355x355) Image search: [Google]
510vJC21VrL._SY355_[1].jpg
13 KB, 355x355
>>55602628

I'm an idiot and posted a pic of the wrong type of splitter.
>>
>>55602574
>>55602661

I've got no idea, but you could always just buy a splitter and try it, I would guess that you can get one on eBay for like £2 or less

Or if you want to know the answer first then G O O G L E
>>
>>55602661
That seems like it would work. Normal headphone jacks are TRS. Ones with built in microphones/remotes are TRRS. If you find one that will split the mic signal, I don't see why you couldn't plug it into the mic jack of your PC. Also >>>/g/sqt
>>
>>55602690

Fair enough. I'll grab one and try it; worst case scenario I can just use the splitter when I need the mic and switch back to direct when I don't.

Thanks, /g/!
>>
>>55602574
I bought this splitter so me and my brother could listen to the same stuff testing songs when drunk.

I have good audio equipment so I wanted something that wouldn't degrade the sound. This is what I bought and it works perfectly.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Splitter-Separate-Headphone-Microphone-Headphones/dp/B00Y4663GG/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1468687043&sr=8-3-spons&keywords=3.5mm+splitter&psc=1
>>
>>55602779

Looks good, I'll give it a try.
>>
File: 1457367612248.jpg (9 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
1457367612248.jpg
9 KB, 184x184
>>55602574
>Bose soundtrue
I tried these at a local Virgin, they're really subpar at best in terms of sound if you consider the price imo
but you can barely feel them on your head compared to the studio headphones I have on (Tascam), I remember my sister borrowing these and telling me she could barely keep her head up
>>
>>55602822
Oh shit that's not the right one, sorry.

It's this one

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Auxiliary-Splitter-Extension-Headphones-Smartphones/dp/B00MXN9ZQM/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1468687765&sr=8-6&keywords=ugreen+splitter
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.