[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If Os X will be released as "operating system that you can
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: hackintosh_3.jpg (134 KB, 640x428) Image search: [Google]
hackintosh_3.jpg
134 KB, 640x428
If Os X will be released as "operating system that you can install in all the AMD and Intel computers", will Windows die? What about Linux?
>>
>>55590138
OS X has no games, so... no
>>
I wish you will be released as "man without faggotry".
>>
>>55590182
Not everyone plays video games bub
>>
File: 1452882468375.jpg (220 KB, 668x942) Image search: [Google]
1452882468375.jpg
220 KB, 668x942
>>55590138
>what if an OS that regularly shits itself on 3 hardware configurations were to be released for a trillion different hardware configurations?
>>
File: 1467555666723.jpg (145 KB, 652x768) Image search: [Google]
1467555666723.jpg
145 KB, 652x768
>>55590234
the game industry is growing like a motherfucker, so still
>>
>>55590385
I can't believe that case, holy shit that's 1000x worse than the old Gigabyte mobo with the gun on it. A million times worse than the G-Skill RAM with a mock front sight aperture on the heatsink. Hahaha thanks for sharing brother.
>>
>>55590192
kek
>>
>>55590138
I already have OS X on my PC, and I don't like it. It has nice things about it, but I find it a pain in the ass to use.
It's just not made for desktops or to be navigated with a mouse.
>>
>>55590378
/thread
>>
>>55590138
It would be like everyone trying to hackintosh and nothing ever fucking works if you even make it past the install. People would finally realize how shit OSX actually is, so Apple will never allow it to happen.
>>
>>55590464
OS X works fine with a mouse, but the Magic Trackpad is the way to go.
>>
OS X is shitty and way slower than windows desu senpai
>>
>>55590385

Cases like that are the reason I'm even ashamed to say I occasionally play games on my computer.
>>
>>55590854
If you enjoy insane acceleration, and not really being able to click on much, because everything is hidden.
Just as an example on my Mint install I can change the audio output, the volume mixer etc. all with a couple of clicks with the mouse.
On OS X clicking the volume icon just gives you a volume slider, you have to hold down the super key to get the audio outputs.
OS X is extremely focused on keyboard shortcuts, which isn't bad in itself but a good desktop OS should be able to do everything with the mouse.
In Mint what I use most really is a click away and thus it feels better than either OS X or Windows, If GNU\Linux had all the software OS X had, I wouldn't even consider using OS X.

I also can't select limited RGB for my HDMI output so it's useless if I want to watch a movie on my TV.
A shame really because I would consider removing Windows from my PC entirely if OS X was better.
>>
File: 460224130.jpg (154 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
460224130.jpg
154 KB, 640x360
>>55590192
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.