[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
IPS panels with low light bleed?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: Lightbleed.jpg (11 KB, 1024x682) Image search: [Google]
Lightbleed.jpg
11 KB, 1024x682
Is there any IPS monitor with low to no light bleed. Most of the games i play have a lot of blacks and gaming at night makes it way worse on my old Dell ips monitor.
Is TN my only option?
>>
There's a reason the vast majority of 'gaming' monitors are TN.
>>
>>55581635
Get a TN for gaming. Only get IPS if you do art, photo or video editing.

Also, the light bleed isn't really an issue. Photographs always exaggerate the light bleed effect, but in practice you won't notice it unless your brightness is at 100% (which it shouldn't be anyway).
>>
>>55581665
it is not just games, IPS is also not good if you watch a lot of movies on your monitor then you'll notice the light bleed or "light glow" on IPS monitors which is a lot more noticable if you use the monitor in dark.
>>
>>55581735
Forgot to add: The light bleed isn't really an issue on modern IPS panels. I got an IPS earlier this week and the light bleed is very minimal (again, at 40% brightness. Manufacturers have 100% brightness as default because they try to wow customers with how "vibrant" and "bright" the screen is)

Your Dell monitor is old which could explain the noticeable light bleed.
>>
Backlight bleeding and IPS glow are different things. IPS glow is a "feature" of the tech, whereas backlight bleed is a manufacturing defect. On a good IPS panel, glow will be minimal when viewed from head-on, and only really noticeable in complete darkness and from an angle.

>Is TN my only option?
Some IPS monitors have A-TW polarizers, which reduce glow but cause discoloration at certain angles. There's also VA panels, and things like bias lighting.

All display tech has drawbacks, and IPS is probably the least bad you can get without spending absurd amounts of money, so try not to waste too much time worrying about it.
>>
I keep the lights above my desk on all the time so I don't notice it.
It just werks.
>>
>>55581635
>Most of the games i play have a lot of blacks
Get a CRT
>>
>>55581635
>>55581665
>>55581944

literally only autists complain about ips glow.

Quick tip/. Ask someone if they have ips glow. If they say yes, avoid that person at all costs.
>>
I can't notice anything on my Samsung PLS monitor even though I've heard that they're supposed to have worse bleed.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.