[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what DAW do you use?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: Ableton-main.jpg (601 KB, 1598x1116) Image search: [Google]
Ableton-main.jpg
601 KB, 1598x1116
im not musical at all but i like playing with software. what does /g/ use for their DAW workstation?

any open source ones worth using? or really do you recommend pirating one of the proprietary ones?
>>
>>55512063
Ableton is probably the best in your case. A lot of really fantastic virtual instruments, effects, included samples and max4live is kindof amazing.

Many of the other popular daws especially protools & cubase are mostly aimed towards recordists and mixing/mastering jobs.

But at the end of the day I always say the best way to figure out what daw to use is to download a demo of basically all of them (legal, obviously) and try them all
>>
Pro Tools and Reaper(OS X)
Ardour(Linux and OS X) <- open source

audacity can handle multiple tracks but I wouldn't recommend it as a DAW
>>
>>55512063
Ableton, cause the workflow is a bit quick other than bitwig. I tried that program and I didn't like it. It was too obscure. In other hotkey formats, bars & consolidation on a waveform. I like the part where you can use instruments & waveform at the same time. It would've been better if some features from ableton would've been converted into bitwig. The workflow would be easier to manpulate.
>>
I love ableton to death, been using it for years now. Just trying to save up for a computer that can handle multiple tracks of serum.
>>
ableton is edgy af, but should be what non-professionals use.
>>
File: rms1339634664756.jpg (3 MB, 3504x2336) Image search: [Google]
rms1339634664756.jpg
3 MB, 3504x2336
>using nonfree software at all ever for any reason

audacity
ardor
puredata
supercollider
>>
I've used FL Studio, Ableton, Reason, Cubase, energyXT and ProTools.

Out of them all, FL Studio is my favorite.
>>
Renoise because I grew up on trackers.
Ableton for live performances
>>
>>55512063
Everything audio related that's open source is laughable at best currently.
>>
>>55512063
lots of pros use pro tools for mixing and mastering, but lots of people openly use ableton for creating songs (Jack U, cashmere cat, KSHMR, deadmau5, etc)
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.