[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hackers poodlecorp and ourmine
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: rise-of-hackers-vi.gif (859 KB, 460x259) Image search: [Google]
rise-of-hackers-vi.gif
859 KB, 460x259
Guys, what's going on?
How can the Twitter CEO get hacked?
Is twitter security really that shitty?
Should they install gentoo?
>>
>>55501865
Rough guess is that 80% of modern "hacking" (or more) is done via social engineering.
>>
>>55501865
As I recall it's because phone companies have shit security and apathetic staff. Thyere just calling and pretending to be employees and they get SIM cards with their targets numbers front here is pretty easy with two step verification.
>>
>>55501953
>>55501973
Yeah, I watched h3h3's video on this.
Sounds shady as fuck.
>>
>>55501983
>>55501973
that's a recent example yes, but it's entirely true.

at this point the weakest link still is human interactions; it's easier to beat someone up to get a key than to try and crack it
>>
>>55501865
The quality of pajeet devs is utter shit. They do some of the dumbest things and rather than fix the issue, they get butthurt you pointed it out and they are now going to not get renewed at their 6 month mark.

Security today is just hand waving and legal threats, the vulns are out there (sqli, exploitable services, human element, etc) it just takes someone that is willing to put the time in against a large target like that.
>>
>>55502002
>>55502059
But this whole thing seems so fucking unreal.
With so many people getting hacked, and even some big guys like the CEO of twitter getting hacked, I'd expect these companies to put up some extra security. This is fucking ridiculous.
>>
>>55502099
Probably more like his password was found in some other site that had shitty security, making him shitty for having the same password in multiple places. Alternatively, it could have been targeted, phishing, click jacking, wireless attacks, who knows. You would shit yourself looking at my pineapple logs, people will trust practically anything.

Convenience > security
>>
>>55502174
>You would shit yourself looking at my pineapple logs
What? Do you have my password?
>>
>>55502226
I dunno if I have yours, but the my point was, people see wifi, and connect without thinking twice. As long as its free and available they will use it. Anything from auth tokens to credit card numbers. It's gotten better as browsers are more aware of shady SSL certs, but many times that doesnt stop people. Also, hotels are an amazing place to steal credentials from.
>>
>>55502267
Well, I don't usually go out (robot here), and I don't even own a phone, so I guess I'm good.
Btw, do you plan on doing anything with the passes you have? Why do you collect them?
>>
>>55502267
as much as I appreciate you sharing info, I can tell you that you are not being bright by posting all of this in a public board
>>
>>55502291
Research. Seeing how people chose passwords and what not.

>>55502300
It's all in the line of work, but the same principals apply if you were to do this anywhere.
>>
>>55502319
Please don't do anything with these passcodes.
>>
>>55502327
Like I said, I get paid to do this, legitimately.
>>
>>55502350
Okay, that's fine. Just don't do anything illegal, please.
>>
>>55502365
Rest assured anon-kun, I do not do anything illegal.
>>
File: cute.gif (9 KB, 209x301) Image search: [Google]
cute.gif
9 KB, 209x301
>>55502373
>anon-kun

tee hee
>>
>>55502365
why do you care so much? lol
>>
Seriously though, everything you touch that is technology is probably vulnerable to some attack. It's all doom and gloom all the time. Just takes someone with enough time and resources to get in.

>>55502414
Probably FBI, wouldn't be the first time they have knocked on my door, he wouldn't be the last if he did.
>>
>>55502414
Idk man, maybe he got my pass or something.
You never know.

>>55502422
I'm not the FBI, pham. I'm just worried about my stuff. You might have my stuff, and I don't want anything to happen to it.
I also happen to use the same password for all my accounts because I couldn't remember it otherwise.
>>
>>55502099
I'm pretty sure it is like in h3h3's video. Many services rely on phone authentication and your fucking phone company will give your SIM card (reactivate it) to anyone who asks nicely.
>>
>>55502441
Use keepass or lastpass or something like that. Generate a random password for every site and never worry about using the same password over and over. Also dont fall for "Was my password leaked" sites, since its just a way to confirm that your shit is valid, and you have concerns about it.
>>
>>55502455
I wonder if I can avoid most of these issues if I just use my landline.

>>55502466
I'll look into it. Thanks.
>>
>>55502455
http://pastebin.com/raw/0SNSvyjJ

This is a really good read too.
>>
>>watched h3h3's video
>>he rushes really fast through the part where he was contacted by a "rep" who "updated" his account passwords
>>said "rep" cloned his sim info onto another sim
dudes an idiot and fucking retarded.
>>
>>55504448
Apparently he said he "confirmed" that rep's identity
I have a hard time believing that though
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.