[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the warm up routine for your PC? You don't just
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: Warm-up.jpg (392 KB, 2048x1366) Image search: [Google]
Warm-up.jpg
392 KB, 2048x1366
What is the warm up routine for your PC?

You don't just cold start your machine and start a game right away, right?
You don't simply turn it off after a heavy encoding session, right? What is your cool off routine?

I like to warm up my PC by increasing the difficulty of the task. I usually start with 3 minutes of minesweepwer, followed by 10 minutes of browsing where I will usually go from your standard news sites and 4chan to more intensive experiences like youtube and twitch.

From then I will sometimes launch a 2004 game like HL2 to launch the GPU and get it used to what's up ahead. If the machine feels sluggish I will warm up using HIIT techniques.

After that, all is good. I fire up whatever I originally intented to do and it runs smooth like butter. No hickups, no dropped frames, no rounding errors and the HDD don't experience any rotational velocidensity errors.

What is your routine?
>>
>>55437401
Not sage! We have fun.
>>
The Windows 10 botnet keeps my computer constantly warmed up
>>
I start up running benchmarks as soon as the computer boots up, that way, the slower silicones that cant keep up fry down and stop slowing the rest of the pack down. My computer is faster after every boot. Shills will deny the truth to this though beause big corporations dont want your computer speeding up over time so they can sell you the brand new hardware
>>
>>55437307
>Not running Prime95 at all times
Step it up, senpai
>>
>>55437307

>wake up
>turn off AC
>turn on pc
>room is at like 26C and for some reason the fan in the PSU doesn't move at this temperature
>move fan with a clip a couple times and it works just fine
>4chan and anime and seeding torrents for like 3 hours, i also eat and shower and feed the cats and talk to my mom (so she thinks im normal) during this time
>play games for hours
>stop playing games
>turn AC on
>4chan and/or anime until the room is at like 26C
>when the CPU is under 20C and the GPU HDDs and MB under 35C I turn it off
>know the sun will rise soon and mom will be mad, so i gotta sleep soon
>go to kitchen and grab a glass of water
>almost entirely ice, because I want to drink it slowly, so I have an excuse to myself for remaining awake
>listen to anime music on my mobile+headphones while I pace all around a 3mx2m space
>imagine how the videos for those songs would be if I made them into anime intros
>most often it's a scenario where I live with like 9 girls in a dorm and our homework was to team up and produce a short animation about the members of the other team
>they are one team and I alone are the other one
>they present a shitty animation about a textureless model doing basic shit like running and jumping
>I pull out my sick mahou shoujo anime intro that is a 100% finished product and even has really good music
>bitches all in awe
>all this happens inside my mind while I pace and occasionally take a sip of my water and wait for more ice to melt
>do this during 45-150 minutes
>sleep

I always thought that if people knew I do this they'd think I'm crazy, but it actually feels really good to say this anonymously.
>>
My PC is always seeding the highest quality anime and gentoo ISO's, thus it's always at optimal temp
>>
>>55437619
I consider myself crazy in many ways, but jesus. Proof that chinese cartoons rot the brain.
>>
These threads are amusing, but I hope they don't become a regular thing. It's best if they ultimately become a memory of "that small window of time where that thing kind of happened and everyone kind of had some fun".
>>
>>55437619
Everyone knows this, Jeff. We just dont talk about it near you so you don't feel bad.
>>
>>55437307
tar c ~/.cache /usr/bin ~/.mozilla > /dev/null

warm up the cache while GNOME finishes loading
>>
What do you recommend for DYEL PCs?
>>
>>55437670

>Proof that chinese cartoons rot the brain.

No. I was like this decades before start using anime; I remember doing stuff very similar to this since I was 9 or 10 years old. Anime was just the tool to make it perfect, I no longer have to invite Emma Watson et al. to my castle to eat pizza, because now I have better sources to create models and scenarios. If I had budget I could be the next Walt Disney, I'm sure; you might not believe it, but my shit is pretty great.
>>
>>55437619
>>4chan and/or anime until the room is at like 26C
>>when the CPU is under 20C
Do you not understand basic laws of thermodynamics or do you actually have a phase change cooler for your CPU?
>>
>>55438588
This, he's a dirty fucking phony
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.