[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My Computer Wont Boot?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: images (2).jpg (22 KB, 605x243) Image search: [Google]
images (2).jpg
22 KB, 605x243
I just received my computer today.

I have a Corsair 750D Case, with a z170 gaming pro motherboard, and a corsair 750 plat power supply.

I turned on the computer the first time, and everything went great. I wanted to install some software by CDs, but noticed my disk driver wasn't ejecting.

I turned off the computer, then opened her up. She wasn't connected to the mobo or the psu. I found the cords and put them inside her.

I tried turning her on again, but nothing happened. I inspected the power button, the cords seem fine. I'm not sure how to pop the case to see her insides.

The motherboard lights still glow when theres power, but the power button doesn't do shit. My fans don't run.

My case lights don't turn on.

My gpu leds don't turn on.

And my fucking optical driver doesn't do shit.

What could be the problem?
>>
>>55419549
thisisbait.jpg
>>
reseat ram...manually hit the "Mem Reset" button on motherboard

otherwise u shorted the mobo. You fucked up.
>>
>>>/g/sqt/
>>
>>55419549
Do you have an RX 480?

If that's the case congratulations you won the AMD motherboard frying lottery
>>
>>55419629
No. But i did do what everyone suggested. To buy the best graphics card I could with my budget.

So I got the MSI GTX 1070 Gaming 1.
>>
>>55419580
I don't know where these buttons are. Are there videos on YouTube or pictures?
>>
>>55421351

everything is toast now. should've researched deeper before doing stupid shit.
>>
>>55419565
What do you mean.

I only got it custom built.
>>
>>55419549
sounds like the motherboard fucked up the z170 is full of issues apparently.

if your pc is under warranty return it
>>
There's a bundle of wires that run to the front panel for connecting the power & HDD LEDs and power & reset switches to a block of pins on the motherboard.

Find the power switch one and make sure it's connected. It probably just popped off while you were hooking up the optical drive. They don't clip in or anything like that. If the board isn't labeled, you'll have to read the motherboard's manual to see where it goes.
>>
>>55419549
>>55421412
75% chance OP fried the mobo with standoffs
25% chance faulty mobo.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.