[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Entry level IT
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2
File: 1368380177027.jpg (66 KB, 676x673) Image search: [Google]
1368380177027.jpg
66 KB, 676x673
Sup /g/ I recently graduated college in an IT course and was wondering about how much information I need to know about fixing computers in entry level jobs. The majority of things i learned were things like running windows r2 servers and hardly anything on fixing computers. Arent almost all entry level IT jobs shit like customer service and fixing computers?

Do i absolutely need to know everything about fixing computers before i get an entry level job? I have no past IT work experience btw.
>>
Pls respond
>>
Sup OP, IT guy here. I've been doing it for years. The biggest thing is customer service. If you can make the user like you then it won't matter when you tell them their problem's not getting fixed immediately because they think you're awesome. Most of the time different offices use different software so no one will care if you're not familiar, they'll catch you up to speed. Don't worry, you'll be fine. Learn to dazzle, then solve the problem. Note: You will use Google a lot. That's okay, everyone else in your office is doing it too.
>>
>>55405060
Thanks do u have any tips on how to make customers like me?
>>
>>55405085
Well being attractive helps. Otherwise just be nice, try to explain everything in a way that will feel normal and not processed or corporate. People like when you treat them like people. For example, my company switched email systems recently to Outlook and most of the staff complained. Whenever they would call I would break the ice and say "Yeah you know I hate it too, but the decision was way above my pay grade, am I right?" And then they relax safe in the knowledge that they can bitch about what is a remarkably easy program to use. They're idiots, just be smarter than they are and don't let them in on the fact that you're not getting paid enough to deal with all the nuances of their bullshit.
>>
File: 20160703_183338.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
20160703_183338.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1440
You can learn alot durring the Gentoo instalation process.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.