[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
10 finger typing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: XmCdENj.png (162 KB, 1684x1191) Image search: [Google]
XmCdENj.png
162 KB, 1684x1191
I know it's good for people who write alot, but is it worth it if you are a developer? I write on a QWERTZ keyboard and I have to use the shift/shift/control/alt keys alot.

and it's really annoying to use your pinky and thumbs for typing.

any experiences?
>>
Typing styles are for retards and old people. Just press the fucking buttons without looking at the keyboard.
>>
>>55400370
You need a proper keyboard if you're typing all day or else your hand will get FUCKED. http://matt.might.net/articles/preventing-and-managing-rsi/

DVORAK type layout keyboards are the best, followed by Kinesis Advantage type keyboards which you can also convert/buy in DVORAK layout. If you don't want to learn DVORAK then just buy the Kinesis Advantage and save your hands because they will get permanently injured if you don't.
>>
>>55400418
proper posture, good chair, monitor at the right height and pwm-free and so on are a lot more important than using 10 fingers to type.
>>
>>55400644
It doesn't really matter. As long as you don't have stress everything is fine. Problem is, at work a lot of people have stress so they try fix it like that.
>>
>>55400370
Yeah, you fucking mong. You'll not be considered an adult before you can type properly.
>>
>>55400418
Dvorak is more comfortable, but hardware makes more of a difference.
I my pain was almost instantly gone after moving to a split keyboard, while learning Dvorak enforced proper typing form and feels better, the difference wasn't as extreme.
>>
File: stenotype-machine-1024x768.jpg (145 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
stenotype-machine-1024x768.jpg
145 KB, 1024x768
>>55400418
>DVORAK type layout keyboards are the best

No.
>>
>>55400418
>using DVORAK
>not using based Colemak instead
Enjoy losing your ctrl-z,-x,-c,-v muscle memory
>>
>is 10 finger typing ok
>I have a qwerty keyboard

Welcome to the 21st century you fuckng Mongol caveman. Literally the universal standard for all global type systems, not even "English" standard, just all around. How fucking retarded are you? Take 8 of your fingers and shove them in your ass, and use the other 8 to scratch your third testable you inbred fucking mutant.
>>
File: tastatur_e3.png (18 KB, 535x183) Image search: [Google]
tastatur_e3.png
18 KB, 535x183
I'm currently in the process of switching from QWERTZ to Neo. It's much better for coding thanks to layer 3. Requires the ISO physical layout to access layer 4 and 6 properly though
>>
>>55405106
>takes a year or more to get fast with
>far more expensive than any keyboard
no thanks bra
>>
>>55408664
You've got one under your fingers right now

http://stenoknight.com/kws.html
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.