[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why do bitcoin transactions take so long? Jesus fucking christ
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: Capturedsada.png (44 KB, 1373x733) Image search: [Google]
Capturedsada.png
44 KB, 1373x733
why do bitcoin transactions take so long? Jesus fucking christ
>>
Because transactions are grouped into blocks, and then need to propagate.
>>
>>55385248
(Oh and I'm assuming you only used your pic as a joke, because what I'm describing is on the order of 10 minutes. It has very little to do with a 3-5 day waiting period. That's probably the cops.)
>>
>>55385248
Then it's a useless currency. There was something that I wanted to buy now, not in a fucking week.
>>
>>55385262
Why the parenthesis?
What does the cops have to do why that?
Paranoid fucktard, fuck off.
>>
>>55385280
I used two, so it would be "parentheses."

You didn't intentionally include that as part of your trolling. That was you being an idiot. All you accomplished by posting was to make a fool of yourself while upsetting no one else.
>>
>>55385312
Not him but you are a moron.
>>
>>55385231

try Monero.
>>
>>55385231
That's not a bitcoin transaction.

Bitcoin, by nature, is heavily fraud-ridden. Back in the early days of exchanges they would offer fast conversions via credit card. Then people started buying bitcoins and doing chargebacks afterward. So now you usually can't use credit cards. Circle is pretty much the only place that allows you to use debit cards, and they make damn sure you're not some Pakistani fraudster first. That's what you're waiting on.
>>
Because criminals have to be patient.
>>
>>55385231
Thats how it works faggot
>>
>>55385346
fraud is a big issue, but so are AML/KYC regulations that people actually have to follow now
>>
>>55385231
it's sending a copy of your order to the FBI, and their servers are currently being updated by Windows Update.
>>
>>55385231
>complaining about a transaction taking a while when completely oblivious to the old ways of sending a check in the mail
>>
>>55385231
Bitcoin transactions are actually instant. The payee gets notified of the transaction right away. They just opt to wait for 3-6 blocks to make sure you're not double spending. If they choose not to, they can accept it right away
>>
>>55385271
Dude, it doesn't take any longer than 15 minutes.
>>
This is the same thing with other AML/KYC companies. I guess you've never bought stock paypal etc.
>>
>>55385231
>i am retarded as fuck
>>
>>55386940
>authorize PayPal transaction
>complete in 15 seconds
>using BitCoin
Enjoy your NSA/FBI red flag, pedo.
>>
>>55388502
you man are either unable to think logically, or trolling. I wish it's the later one.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.