[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When you realised that modern flat UIs are shit?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: 1464558845446.gif (12 KB, 490x260) Image search: [Google]
1464558845446.gif
12 KB, 490x260
When you realised that modern flat UIs are shit?
>>
>>55115163
Is that a question or a statement you engrish speaking motherfucker?
>>
>>55115163
what is it about them that makes them shit OP?
>>
>>55115163
not OP but... they are ugly as fuck
>>
>>55115238
example?
>>
>>55115163
When I started using the command line and text-based interfaces as much as possible.

Firefox is pretty much the only exception, and it looks pretty flat to me.
>>
>>55115163
>When you realised that modern flat UIs are shit?
It's not like old UI's were generally better.
User interaction seems to be a problem that very few people take seriously - for every person getting it right there's a hundred getting it wrong, and we don't seem to be learning much from past experience yet.
>>
>>55115163
There is literally nothing wrong with that UI. Fucking hate flat shit, sacrifices usability for shitty aesthetics. Function >> form.
>>
>>55115175
what part of the question mark did you miss
>>
>>55115163
flat is the closest you'll ever get to going back to that look
relish it before consumertards push tacky skeumorphism back onto us
>>
>>55116083
>Function >> form.
They're not mutually exclusive, or even entirely separate.
>>
>>55116524
True, but in a lot of instances frivolous form elements are used in favor of those that improve function. Stop being a nigger, you know perfectly what I meant.
>>
>>55115163
protip: its obviously just personal choice
nothing in ui design is inherantly better or worse,
its just trends
so stop being faggots thinking youre opinion is anything more than a child saying they like the color blue but not the color green
/thread
>>
File: abstract pepe.jpg (264 KB, 850x782) Image search: [Google]
abstract pepe.jpg
264 KB, 850x782
>>55115163
I miss the old iOS and Android.
>>
>>55115163
Dunno, i like Google's Material Design approach but despise with all my soul the awful flat design approach that Microsoft is taking in W10, looks half-assed as fuck and somehow even worse than the dated Win7 Aero.
>>
File: 1459705454417pepe.gif (6 KB, 444x175) Image search: [Google]
1459705454417pepe.gif
6 KB, 444x175
>>55115163
>>
Goddamn pepe posters
that's just disgusting
>>
>>55115618

because its a new field and thus filled with shitters

right now ui design is filled with dogmatic ideas that have no empirical facts or evidence to back things up

give it enough time ( a few more decades) and it will be something worthwhile
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.