[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
New macbooks!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 22
File: macbook-pro-oled-render.jpg (140 KB, 624x468) Image search: [Google]
macbook-pro-oled-render.jpg
140 KB, 624x468
Are you hyped for Monday?
Will they pussy out again and only present bullshit software mini-updates?
>>
>>55021338
New Mac hardware chances are slim at WWDC, it's probably the longest we've gone without a refresh ffs
>>
>>55021338
Apple doesn't do gimmicks.
>>
>>55021338
it's going to be the same ugly rehashed garbage since 200 fucking 9 with an extra gimmick tacked on and bigger numbers in the marketing literature

big fucking whoop
>>
>>55021338
Looks rad
>>
>>55021338
re: that mockup
I honestly think something along those lines would have pretty neat potential, but it's probably just wishful thinking they'd do anything good with it.
Predicting a more locked more, more portless piece of shit.
>>
>>55022277
What exactly do you want in a laptop besides an excellent screen, reliable durable hardware, good battery life and a sleek case? I don't understand this meme at all and I wish you would die
>>
>>55022312
something actually exciting, specs are already good enough as they are
>>
>>55022374
Do you want it to do back flips? Light up? Flashlight attachment?
>>
How about a fucking CPU that wasn't released in 2014 (Haswell)?
>>
>>55022392
no, I just want Ives to get the fuck off of his fat ass and do something different other than make it imperceptibly thinner and ramp up numbers nobody gives a shit about but hipsters who should be using a desktop anyway

I want to see something that actually lives up to the hype and blows me away other than "woohoo last year's CPUs cool"

why is this such a fucking difficult thing for you to understand
>>
>tfw they're probably going to announce yet another even more locked up version of OS X
Is Mavericks truly going to stay the last half-decent OS X?
>>
>>55022220
Makes sense, Apple is no longer a computer company.

iToys make 90% of their revenue and the margins of selling a phone for $650 that Foxconn makes for $160 are too sweet to pass up
>>
>>55022454
Your description is nothing but buzzwords. What possible exciting thing can a laptop do that they don't already do today?
>>
>>55022486
do you even know what a buzzword is?
>>
>>55022499
A word that sounds like it has meaning but is actually poorly defined if it's even defined at all. One of these words are "a computer that lives up to hype" and "exciting new laptop".
>>
>>55021338
If it gets anything more than a passing mention it will be about the supposed oled pad.
>>
>>55022544
just because you can't read unless it's literally spoonfed to you does not mean it's meaningless, you'd think shitting on Ives would have gotten the implication of "major design refresh" by pretty well

there's no point in being hyped for the same shit with bigger numbers; it's predictable, it's inevitable, it's boring
>>
>>55022471
>iToys make 90% of their revenue
iToys are computers; that's how they work.
Phones, not just iToys, are computers, too.
Just because you feel your manhood is threatened there's no need to retreat into denial.
>the margins of selling a phone for $650 that Foxconn makes for $160 are too sweet to pass up
And nobody but Apple can make phones in that price range, right? Except, say, Samsung, Sony, and just about everybody else. But they undermine their own premium products in the race to the bottom. Just like they did with PCs.
>>
>>55022462
what does mavericks do that el capitan doesnt do better? Serious question
>inb4 my mac isn't powerful enough
>>
>>55023046
Snow leopard was best os desu
>>
>>55021338
what gpus will be in those??
>inb4 intel iris pro
>>
The Macbooks and iPhone have reached such a point of design perfection that all Apple can really do is upgrade the instals as parts becoming available, and produces them in a wider choice of sizes.

I really can't see what they could possibly do to make the Macbooks better. If they cut down the bezels then you'd just smudge the screen every time you adjusted the lid, and there's be less contrast between the screen and what's behind. The trackpad was essentially perfect even before the latest 'force touch' / haptic gimmick nobody cares about. Nobody actually wants a keyboard that changed faction/shape, since that would do away with typing by feel. Nobody wants any sort of auxiliary display since your eyes can only look at one thing at once (Apple led the industry in TAKING AWAY blinking lights and status indicators littered around the hardware).
>>
whatever happened to the Esc key though?? Vim users BTFO
>>
>>55023046
Looking good.
Root access.
Uh...
>>
>>55023380
root access is turned off for a reason. And it's easily turned back on if you really need it.
I like the new look too and it seems to be even more efficient than mavericks and yosemite.
I admit that yosemite was total trash like Vista
>>
>>55022277
>lenovo
it's going to be the same ugly rehashed garbage since 199 fucking 0 with an extra gimmick tacked on and bigger numbers in the marketing literature

big fucking whoop
>>
>>55021338
They should merge the Air line with the Pro line to make it less redundant, making the Pro take the Air's design while still retaining the same power.
>>
>>55023165
>not using ^[
oh wait... does mac not have a ctrl key?
>>
>>55023826
They do, u mong
>>
>>55023826
the "macs don't have any keys/buttons" disinfo/meme should go away and stay away
>>
>>55024365
OP picture literally has a mac without F-keys
when did mac start shipping mice with more than one button?
>>
>>55023144
You should really try the touchforce "gimmick" best thing they came up lately.
>>
>>55021338
That looks cool and all, but if you think about it's completely useless.
>>
>>55025398
so you can't come up with one legitimate use case for the thing? damn son, work on that creativity.
>>
>>55023562
see
>>55022312
>>
>>55023144
>even before the latest 'force touch' / haptic gimmick
It's not a gimmick though. It feels nice being able to press anywhere on the trackpad with the same amount of force.
>>
>>55022486
But he is right. Apple has always been THE innovative company but since Jobs dead they can't do shit anymore.
At least they should bring out another color instead of that ugly silver shit, that also fits to their mobile devices.
>>
>>55025780
>so you can't come up with one legitimate use case for the thing?
For an OLED touch 'bar' instead of just keys? No.
>>
>>55021338
>>>/lgbt/
>>
>>55026394
Why even bother posting? Just filter the threads already and stick to GNU ricing general or whatever weeb pedo shit tickles your balls these days
>>
>excited for macs
>>>>/trash/

It amazes me to this day the amount of money people will send on that ugly piece of shit.
>>
>>55021338
>mirror of the status bar on your keyboard
for what reason?
>>
>>55027997
glossy > matte
Go fuck yourself, contrarian retard
>>
>>55021338
>>55022220
The only apple product that is worth something.
>>
>Are you hyped for Monday?
Yeah, but because of E3.
>>
>>55028042
Except that's fucking wrong.
>>
>>55028010
>I love reflections on my screen!!!

Remember when apple gave you the option of choosing matte or glossy?

I do ;_;
>>
>>55028010
I'm not that guy, but if you think glossy is superior you are clearly an idiot. Glossy is even the default on cheap as fuck Dell laptops.

I don't know how else to explain you are wrong, this was the most common example a normie like you could understand that I could think of.
>>
>>55028042
>mactoddler
omg epic burn lulz imma use that in the future thanks /b/ro!
>>
>>55028128
mactoddler detected
>>
>>55022220
It is indeed the longest period without macbook pro updates ever.

Supposedly the next one is supposed to make bigger changes than just "same old shell with new CPU" (including meme features like a touch screen above the keyboard which applications can do whatever with). Combined with Intel being late with their shit it ended up being kind of disastrous.

And this was the year I was going to buy an MBP too baka.
>>
>>55021338
Alienware and razers are better
>>
>>55027944
Can programs actually change what's on the screen or is it just a fucking row of buttons except they decided to make it a touch screen so it would be more uncomfortable to use?
>>
>>55021338
How the fuck do I change my brightness and anything useful
>>
>>55028212
just a row of capacitive buttons. don't be naive - PC manufacturers wouldn't introduce such a novel feature unless they were cajoled into doing it by a serious competitor, and the only company that's seriously doing that is Apple.
>>
>>55028109
>>55028116
Tried both, I prefer glossy screens in 95% of all scenarios. Reflection are very rarely an issue. Also, far better contrasts.
>>
>>55028238
>Supported Operating Systems: Windows XP Service pack 1

You know it's true.
>>
The only hardware improvements should be a CPU refresh, thinner screen bezels and adding USB3.1.

Macbook Pros are already excellent, there's nothing to change.
>>
>>55028258
>Finish of the screen
>Having anything to do with contrast

Alright.
>>
>>55028288
Well too bad motherfucker because we're changing all the ports for USB-C
>>
>>55028309
You are Apple?
>>
>>55021338
Looks dumb, why would I want to look down at my keyboard for trivial shit like that? I'm happy with my 2015 MPB
>>
>>55028316
t. my wife's son works at foxconn
>>
>>55028298
So I guess you never really compared the two. You just repeat the /g/ memes, alright.

The thing is, glossy screens only reflect when there's a certain angle between light source and the monitor. If it annoys you, you can always just tilt the screen. With matte screens the issue is that they scatter the light from all directions in all directions, so if there is one bright source of light present (i.e. the sun shining into the room from the left), then the contrast is ruined. It looks very shitty and annoys me more than any reflection ever could. Also: I can easily ignore reflections via stereoscopic vision (my eyes can separate reflection from display easily). With matte screens that is not possible. If the sun is shining on your screen, everything is just some grey blurry mess and you can't do anything against it.
>>
File: 1465568647613.png (2 MB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1465568647613.png
2 MB, 1024x768
>>55028298
I literally had an argument in a store with an employee back when I still was younger and still looked like a child. I was talking to my friend and we were looking at the laptops they offered. Nearly all of them had that new trend of glossy displays, which meant you literally couldn't read shit on the display because of the lighting. I said that out loud to my buddy and we both agreed, but some dickhead employee heard it and started shittalking about "better contrast and colors". The only thing was: I knew my shit even back then, because that's just how I roll. I told him to stop trying to make an ass out of us, I even explained to him the difference of how these displays are manufactured. That made him so mad, that he literally threw us out of the store.

I remember having lots and lots of converstations with people confusing reflections, contrast and color saturation back then. A reflective screen can be really neat to have, because you literally stay connected to your own face instead of falling into the computer completely, but saying that this changes color perception (that shit ain't weed for fucks sake), is just idiotic.
I get mad everytime I have to read or hear somebody talk shit like that.
>>
i'm guessing they're going to reduce the bezels, like on the dell xps 13 and other laptops. and people will call Apple revolutionary
>>
>>55028258
>Tried both, I prefer glossy screens in 95% of all scenarios. Reflection are very rarely an issue. Also, far better contrasts.

Thank god apple isnt giving me options anymore because this anon prefers glossy over matte
>>
>>55028358
>cuck
>with a poor as fuck son
jesus
>>
>>55028396
It's not about the actual contrast and colours of the screen itself, it's about how the contrast seems worsened by scattered light. Colors and contrast seems washed out in many light situations.
>>
>>55028499
I see what you mean, but I cannot say I noticed this, to be honest.
The only thing I notice are reflections, I really tried to use reflective screens, but I just get annoyed. However good matte screen protector foils can be had for a few bucks, so even I buy glossy devices nowadays. I just make them matte manually.
>>
>>55022627
it's a computer, but it's a computer you can't use for anything due to completely artificial restrictions for your own good

like a car that doesn't let you carry passengers unless they've been pre approved to be okay to be seen with in your iCar
>>
>>55022471
>the margins of selling a phone for $650 that Foxconn makes for $160 are too sweet to pass up
When will this meme end?
>>
File: mac-pro-gallery3-2013.jpg (20 KB, 930x629) Image search: [Google]
mac-pro-gallery3-2013.jpg
20 KB, 930x629
>>55028578
>No, I'm not hyped for apple finally admitting that they care more about consumer users than actual pros when they make something called a macbook PRO.

They clearly dont give a shit anymore

At least under Jobs they made a credible attempt at satisfying the pro/prosumer market.
>>
>>55028578
>No, I'm not hyped for apple finally admitting that they care more about consumer users than actual pros when they make something called a macbook PRO.
>Pros need F keys. All our programs use them because we aren't fucking vim faggots. Touch is anti-ergonomic and makes life worse.
>>but guys we're going to be able to save 18px of screen space! no more statusbar!
>Fucking consumer ricer garbage
>It's like apple gave up on trying to bring UNIX to the world and said "okay, if you have a job that involves more than programming, there's windows"

:^)
>>
>>55022222
Fuck yeah they do. Magic Mouse? Force Touch?
>>
>>55028603
iCar and tesla/elon musk spam is just a codeword for Apple CARe.

Just be a good goyim and buy apple care. Apple is ultra giga nigger tier at guerilla marketing.
>>
>>55028578
>Pros need F keys
do you ever have out of body experiences where you realize what you're saying sounds totally fucking retarded and myopic?

the most concrete you can get while still being theoretically relevant is that "professionals need user interfaces that reward expert familiarity". beyond that is just implementation. historically, that has involved function keys, but that reliance has been on a precipitous decline for the past several years/decades. there are too many shortcut commands and too few function keys for them to be relevant anymore, hence the super key and its various combination uses.

when apple dropped optical drives in the MBA and later the rMBP /g/ had fucking panic attacks claiming that they were being too hasty in dropping optical drives. i would argue that dropping physical Fn keys is less controversial than that was (the MBA like a year or two before the absence of an optical drive stopped rendering it completely irrelevant as an option for mainstream consumers).

Stop being so dogmatic. and stop using anonymity to justify making indefensible claims. i can't believe that you would stand by these sentiments if we could return and evaluate them 6 or 12 months later, so stop making such stupid arguments.
>>
F Society Keys
>>
>>55028603
>due to completely artificial restrictions for your own good

Such as?
>>
>>55027944
And which was such a pile of shite that it was replaced on the 3rd gen X1s with a row of proper keys
>>
>>55028741
>And which was such a pile of shite that it was replaced on the 3rd gen X1s with a row of proper keys

dont worry anon

Apple makes things #justwork
>>
>>>/fa/
>>>/lgbt/
>>
>>55021338
It would be good if the toolbar was in the led panel thing.

Would make sense. It would be perfect for it desu.

If they were as smart as me they'd do it.
>>
>>55028801
>complaining about how this shit is on the wrong board
>too much of a coward to actually report the thread as off topic
okay, keep being a bitch.
>>
>>55028947
>okay, keep being a bitch.

Get triggered apple nigger
>>
>>55029019
Posting your disapproval of threads is the most counterproductive option on 4chan. If you don't like a thread, either ignore it (maybe even hide it), or report it.

Otherwise you're just bumping the thread and begging people to bump it again and again to reply to the incendiary shitpost you just made. If you really disapprove of talk about a brand you don't like, posting in that thread is fucking retarded.
>>
>>55022277
>since 200 fucking 9

Holy shit, how have you stayed alive for so long? What was Jesus' beard like, and how much Apple stock did he own?
>>
>>55029085
>Otherwise you're just bumping the thread

how fucking new are you?
>>
>>55028620
The real issue with the Mac Pro is that it is not dual socket. Thunderbolt is supposed to take over the PCI-E expandability, but that ruins the form factor because you need a box to put the shit in. They should have just restyled the old Mac Pro and added support for Sandy Bridge Xeons. That would have been fine.
>>
>>55029955
>The real issue with the Mac Pro is that it is not dual socket.

Yep

Guess they couldnt squeeze in two so they said fuck it

>Thunderbolt is supposed to take over the PCI-E expandability, but that ruins the form factor because you need a box to put the shit in.

This is the biggest issue

If that had done it as a Mac Pro mini I'd be fine with it, but to go from a workstation I can cram pretty much everything I need into it to "lol just buy external cases" is fucking unreal
>>
>>55030359
Agreed. If the current Mac Pro was like a Mac Pro Mini that cost less, I would consider it. It's not like there isn't a single socket workstation market, everyone has one, but to offer no dual socket, fuck off expandable machine? Madness. I don't know who is responsible for this, or what they're doing to OS X, but they need to be replaced.

I'm actually in the process of finding a 2012 Mac Pro for a decent price. It's not as easy as I would have thought.
>>
>>55030388
says who?
>>
>>55022404
Wait, are they still using Haswell? What the fuck?
>>
>>55030524
Fuck off
>>
>>55030413
I would love to buy a trashcan, but only if it came in a single CPU+single GPU or dual CPU+single GPU configuration. I have no need for two GPUs.

>>55030488
Xeons always lag behind consumer CPUs by a generation or two. The difference between a Haswell Xeon and a current equivalent Xeon is tiny (on the order of 5% difference) because Intel has been focused on power consumption instead of speed increases.
>>
>>55030558
All you ever do is shit up threads. Fuck off and let people discuss shit they want to discuss. Feel free to hide the thread.
>>
>>55030574
>I would love to buy a trashcan, but only if it came in a single CPU+single GPU or dual CPU+single GPU configuration. I have no need for two GPUs.
I'd buy a trashcan if I could justify spending like 4.5 thousand dollars on something that out of date. Plus I still need the PCI-E expansion. Dual socket trashcan could be done pretty easily, just make it taller.
>>
>>55030488
The 15 inch RMBP is because of Intel failing to deliver new i7s in time. 13 inch is Broadwell.
>>
>>55030643
Jeez nigga, why do you even bother replying? Let us talk about this and then we'll all go back to nvidia vs. AMD like always
>>
>>55030624
I'm kind of hoping the Pros will start using the new mobile Xeons.
>>
>>55030666
Just stop giving him attention. He'd get bored and fuck off if you denied him what he's obviously here for.
>>
>>55030689
2 penises have been deposited into your shit leaking anus, Pajeet.
>>
>>55030683
Hadn't considered this. Fuck this guy.
>>
>>55022222
Are you fucking retarded?
>>
>>55028651
Bad examples.
>>
File: itsOver.jpg (993 KB, 1920x6540) Image search: [Google]
itsOver.jpg
993 KB, 1920x6540
pic related

LEAKED
E
A
K
E
D
>>
>>55028651
>Magic Mouse
yeah it's shit... but who cares? Macs are fully compatible with third party mouses anyways.

> Force Touch
Pretty useful desu.
>>
>>55022374
>give me a computer AND SOMETHING ELSE APPLEL
>>
>Anti Apple posts being deleted
I knew it.
>>
>>55031059
Nah. Because just like 3d touch, when they apple does it, its well integrated with the ecosystem, so its actually useful..
>>
>>55031213
Just like the mouse and GUI.
>>
>>55031089
>even the fbi can't get into apples systems

WOW YOU'RE SO FULL OF SHIT I CAN SMELL IT FROM HERE
>>
The force touch trackpad is actually an engineering marvel. If you need a device get a macbook just fucking do it.
>>
wew.. androidfags really show mad and jelly they are forcing this poo2loo meme.

Not like 99% indians arent android users

top lel
>>
>>55031163
Or maybe these posts are just off topic and derail the discussion? Why can't you let Apple users discuss Apple technology products on a technology board without sticking a pole in your ass?
>>
>>55031431
They cant help themselves m8.

They are kids and they cant handle the fact that someone uses Apple. That makes them mad for a number of different reasons so they must resort to shitposting.

Sadly /g/ attracts these kind of people.
>>
>>55031701
If you actually feel a sense of belonging in this shithole I feel sorry for you
>>
>>55031701
Does anyone actually like you? You're annoying as fuck.
>>
>>55025875
I am with this anon. Anon, I appreciate your opinion, your mother loves you and your being will bring greatness into this world.
>>
>>55031762
This guy is an annoying faggot who has to bash everyone who he feels "doesn't belong here" (e.g. anyone who's not a dork like him). It's very rare that he misses any Apple thread, as he actually has no life.
The same applies to the faggot who keeps spamming the same Apple-hate images, hostile-laughing images and forcing shitty memes (if it's not the same guy).
>>
>>55031843
Thin is shit anyway
>>
>>55031831
heh
That is pretty accurate
>>
>>55032257
Im not that guy.
And Im not Indian. I just said I think his representation of apple haters is pretty accurate. Every thread with something related to Apple is full of those. (Assuming its more than 1)
>>
>>55023130
Honestly I hate having a gpu in my laptop. I just disable it and use the integrated graphics.
>>
>>55031831
Don't forget the guy that creates elon musk threads to self post and bash him. That guy who recommends the chromebook pixel in every thread. Honestly this board is the one with the highest amount of dedicated shitposters.
>>
>>55032808
I hate apple I don't know what you are talking about. The only products I liked were the Ipod and the iphone.
>>
>>55021338
Aww yeah! No power button savior from the beachball!
>>
File: 1388593792368.jpg (46 KB, 450x566) Image search: [Google]
1388593792368.jpg
46 KB, 450x566
>>55021338
Apple is fucking dead. Haven't done one goddamn things since Jobs croaked. They are literally a $500B dead man walking. Will take plenty of time to bleed out, for sure, but bleed out they will. It's only a matter of time. Apple shills fuck right off. Shitskin monkeys too.
>>
>>55033527
You say that like other companies are doing a good job. They are just as bad. Worse if you consider they are just copying everything apple does.
>>
>>55033685
Actually the cycle is

>random company does something
>its shit nobody uses
>apple copies it
>just werks
>everyone else copies it
>>
>>55033708
Pretty much. Some other company does something. Apple buys the patents, improves it and does it right. Then everyone else goes (oh so this was a good idea) and copies.n nothing wrong with this IMO. I just want a reliable product
>>
>>55033851

>>55033730 described better than you tbqh

Calling every Apple user brain dead give me a felling you are mad for some reason.
>>
>>55028859
Where would the drop down menus go? If anything I would say the dock would be better.
>>
i'm a srs newb when it comes to macbooks..so here's a shit question.

why does a macbook AIR (pros blow windows laptops out of the water) outperform dells, surfaces, HPs at the same price point?
is it the OS? because hardware is 90% the same..
>>
>>55035767
>is it the OS?
Yes
>>
>>55035767
They dont.
>>
>>55035786
>>55035824
>>55035864
right..so they're like pretty ok? but battery life-wise they're great right?
i've used my friend's macbooks and they seem pretty standard, except their batteries seem to last ages.
the 'good performance' thing was just something that i keep seeing around on the internet.
>>
>>55028199
>Alienware
Razer makes an amazing product though. Looks like a fancy mac and runs windows, what more could you actually want?
I would appreciate mac more if basically everything I did was possible to do on a mac
>>
>>55035899
adding..
macbooks have soldered RAMs right?
that's pretty annoying for some ppl..right?
>>
File: 1465669603924.jpg (331 KB, 517x768) Image search: [Google]
1465669603924.jpg
331 KB, 517x768
>>55035824
> startup
But I (almost) never cold start. I pop the lid and the screen turns on. Seriously, even for windows, who actually turns on/off their Windows desktop/laptop these days, as opposed just sleeping / hibernating? It's not needed unless you're installing windows updates... does that really happen that often?
Useless metric.
> shutdown
See above
> geekbench and browerlmao scores
top kek.

What matters to me is which OS provides an acceptable terminal emulator, GCC / Clang support, and GNU tools. If I had a PC laptop, I'd be throwing Linux on it, rather than live in a neutered development environment.

I guess if you're an exclusive ricer/shitposter/gaymer you'll have other priorities.

>>55035899
Battery life is still great on my MBP, and its over 3 years old.

>>55035923
Not sure about the latest models, but I was able to upgrde my 2013 MBP to 16gigs post purchase
>>
>>55028288
No innovation kill a product. That said, a drastic change will also kill a product. There are plenty of changes they could make to their lineup that would be welcome such as a better keyboard (I'm not a fan of how the keys feel on my 2014 Macbook Pro from work), more powerful variants of i7 processors, add a touch screen to make the lid even more rock solid (and help with iOS app development), shrink the motherboard to allow for more battery space, and more that I haven't thought of before. There is always room for innovation.
>>
File: 1465615318338.gif (1 MB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1465615318338.gif
1 MB, 500x500
>>55035985
>>
>>55035972
I found the Linux cuck!!
>>
>>55036011
> found the gaymen
> found the fizzbuzz meme programmer
Pick one. It's (You)!
>>
>>55034172
Sorry, the dock is what I meant.

It's literally perfect for it for obvious reasons.
>>
i'm starting to get blue balls. time to upgrade my 2011 mbp
>>
>>55036048
Well, programming is a job and it makes the money I need to pay my bills so I guess that's me though I've never had to do that senseless fizzbizz thing (worthless test of competency).
Doesn't change the fact that you're a linux shill who doesn't understand that every OS has a purpose. No single OS is a multi-tool that can do anything.
>>
>>55036204
At least he isn't a Mac toting douchebag.
>>
>>55036216
>Mac toting douchebag
I think you mean hipster and OSX has it's limited uses as well. Very limited though
>>
>>55036216
no i am
>>
File: 1440913641428.jpg (20 KB, 317x330) Image search: [Google]
1440913641428.jpg
20 KB, 317x330
>>55036232
>Very limited
>>
>>55036249
Yes, as in: between Windows and a solid GNU/Linux distro the only thing you can't do is easily develop OSX and iOS programs
>>
daily reminder gentoo was developed on a mac
>>
>>55036325
Daily reminder, Gentoo is far from an end all be all Linux distro. I'll take Ubuntu, Arch, or Debian any day.
>>
>>55035970
>razer shills posting on /g/
>>
>>55036357
You make a more powerful and better laptop in that form factor then. Oh, wait, you can't because you aren't a computer Engineer and you don't own a company big enough to manufacture such a product and you only need enough power to shitpost and watch your porn on Internet Explorer
>>
>>55035972

>What matters to me is which OS provides an acceptable terminal emulator, GCC / Clang support, and GNU tools. If I had a PC laptop, I'd be throwing Linux on it, rather than live in a neutered development environment.

i don't think windows gaming dorks know anything about dev environments

>inb4 wincuck making a remark on using an ide
>>
>>55036345
>arch

wew
>>
>>55036401
Those who only game, no, but Windows has plenty of acceptable options for development
>>
>>55036204
> you're a linux shill that doesn't understand that every OS has a purpose
Well, of course, I agree. Gaymers and mediocre programmers that require GUIs to do their jobs need Windows. I've met plenty of programmers that are lost without Visual Studio. They NEED Windows to do their job.

I'd never hire any of them though.
>>
>>55031108
>Macs are fully compatible with third party mouses anyways.

I wouldn't say so. My RAZOR mouse sucked dick on the Mac kept double clicking all the time and some times wouldn't click at all.
>>
>>55036439
Macs are fully compatible with 3rd party mice as a mousepad only. You apparently did it wrong
>>
>>55036439
The Mac is compatible with your RAZOR; the RAZOR driver for the Mac sucked dick.
Was that why you bought it?
>>
>>55036434
Visual Studio is no good for anything but a learning tool. I use Sublime text for all of my programming now. Tons of useful features. A coworker showed it to me one day and I haven't looked back since.
>>
>>55036430
FWIW VS is a very good IDE. It's just sad to see developers live entirely inside it and grow dependent on it.

Ask them to remote in to a server and live debug a hung service for diagnostic purposes, and see what happens. Dollars to donuts they are going to start installing full blown GUIs (DebugDiag, probably) before they even get started. Hopefully they don't need anything that requires a system restart!

>>55036496
Yeah, really, all you need is an editor and know-how of how to interact with your compiler and build system. You'll learn a lot more and get a lot further when you aren't limited by what's exposed to you through menus and buttons.
>>
>>55036400
woah, calm down with the run on sentences there, buddy.

it's the proprietary hardware companies that do all the fucking hard work to maximize size/power/heat efficiency, not razer you little dumb cuckeroonie. you'll see a ramp up in the market with this kind of hardware because of the competitive industry. razer pays out these hardware companies to let em use their latest hardware in their computers so they can shill themselves forward.

besides, at least i don't buy into the shill like an angsty gaming cuck
>>
>>55036540
No shit other companies make the hardware, but Razer designs the shell, the motherboard, the cooling system. You could not do better yourself and if you can, please do. I like innovation
>>
>>55028718
Changing the appearance of the OS
>but why would you-
Kek
>>
>>55022312
Maybe not have the worst keyboard in the world?
>>
>>55036540
While you're at it, make a better GPU than AMD or NVidia and a better OS than anything available. Please do try and innovate the world with your endless and superior knowledge!
>>
File: 1435761091032.jpg (76 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1435761091032.jpg
76 KB, 1280x720
>>55021338
When you can't innovate, imitate. :^)
>>
>>55036577
actually, it's made in china.
>>
>>55036674
MADE in China, DEVELOPED by Razer
you cuck
>>
>>55036674
So just like applel shit.
>>
>>55036693
What's your point here?
>>
>>55036674
>>55036707
It's not the world's fault that China has a massive workforce and the manufacturing capability to mass produce just about anything
>>
>>55021338
>Are you hyped for Monday?
2 rupees have been deposited in your shit wiping hands Rajeesh!
>>
>>55036735
That Razer leads the innovation and they just ask the worlds largest workforce to manufacture their product at the lowest cost
>>
>>55036577
>>55036638

The blade's overall design has taken massive cues from the mbp; you'd be delusional to think otherwise.

>I'd like to see you do it better yourself!
You will immediately cease and not continue to access the site if you are under the age of 18.

Man, tame your ad homs
>>
>>55036818
Prove your statement.
>>
File: image.jpg (73 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
73 KB, 540x960
>>55036746
>daddo bought his first laptop and he uses it for gaming
>>
>>55036818
The exterior design, yes. The MBP has a very attractive appearance and I will not deny that. However, the internal portions are not anything remotely like what you'll find in a MBP
>>
>>55022312
>reliable
>durable hardware
>if it breaks, the whole planar board must be replaced
>>
>>55036850
Actually, sold my Razer last year when I realized I rarely used it and bought a Spectre x360 recently.
>>
>>55036847
Grade A bait, but on the chance that you're actually fucking retarded, just look at photos of the two computers
>>
>>55036898
Most modern laptops/ultrabooks take design cues from the macbook pro because it is an attractive design
>>
>>55035972
>os x
>acceptable gnu tools
OS X has years providing outdated GNU tools. Is that acceptable in an "UNIX" system? I'd say no
>>
>>55036953
>OS X has years providing outdated GNU tools.
Such as?
>>
>>55036666
Lenovo introduced an adaptive kwyboard with the 2013 X1 Carbon and proved to be a failure. Why do you think the Apple version of that would be successful?
>>
File: 1459315573434.jpg (292 KB, 1000x710) Image search: [Google]
1459315573434.jpg
292 KB, 1000x710
>>55036982
>Why do you think the Apple version of that would be successful?
Do you need to ask?
>>
>>55036736
No, it was workers fault. Too much labor laws and unions killed local production. I really doubt if Trump will effectively move the production back to America.
>>
>>55037007
Whoa, relax there. That shit belongs on >>/pol/
For the love of all tech, keep that on it's containment board
>>
>>55037007
>>55037023
And take an English class soon. Your grasp of grammar has degraded
>>
>>55036978
bash, the whole coreutils, gcc.
i.e: Ubuntu 14.04 provides bash 4.3.11, OS X... 3.2.57 from 2007!
>>
>>55022312
Apple sells you more than just a laptop. They treat the software side of things as part of the hardware.

They can't simply release a new piece of hardware without having a ton of bullshit software gimmicks to to tie into it.
>>
>>55037037
>bash
Yea, this is outdated, at least on my 10.9 install.
>the whole coreutils
They're BSD coreutils, so, I don't know what you're talking about.
>gcc
Doesn't actually exist, anymore, the gcc command is just linked to clang.
>>
>>55037004
I propose spamming Twitter/Facebook saying that Lenovo introduced the adaptive keyboard first before the Apple fanboys start saying "OMG this is amazing, the best thing introduced ever!"

Most non-Apple innovations were unnoticed because bad advertising.
>>
>>55037068
>BSD coreutils
So apple can't even add the functionality most *nix-like distributions already provide and what power users expect from a *nix system. It is clear Applel got "muh UNIX certification" by doing the minimum effort.
>>
>>55037007
What's the problem with him saying the complete truth?. Objectively, America(the whole continent) and Europe can't compete with China's workforce.
But yeah, that post should have been written on /pol/
>>
>>55037123
I don't follow.
>>
>>55036953
>>55037037
This is true, but at least getting updated tools is as easy as `brew install git gcc gdb ...`

>>55037068
> gcc
> Doesn't actually exist (by default)
yeah, and there's nothing wrong with Clang, but for those that want the complete GNU toolchain, it's just a `brew install` command away (see above)

FWIW I can't stand lldb and would rather use gdb at the very least.
>>
>>55037213
He sounds a little confused.

>>55037123
> "UNIX certification"
> can't even add expected functionality
Yeah, you sound a little confused.
>>
>>55037312
Yea, I'm just saying, gcc isn't out of date because it's been deprecated. You can absolutely install it if you wish.
>>
>>55022312
A fucking fan maybe?
>>
>>55021338
That quick bar looks pretty cool actually. Have any other pc's done this yet?
>>
File: 1441309058869.png (883 KB, 1318x753) Image search: [Google]
1441309058869.png
883 KB, 1318x753
>>55037447
Half a decade ago, and done better.
>>
How is El Capitan?
>>
File: 1440774089734.jpg (204 KB, 668x942) Image search: [Google]
1440774089734.jpg
204 KB, 668x942
>>55037471
>>
>>55037475
Thanks, but I wanted first hand opinions. Not anti-Apple cherrypicked issues.
>>
I'm just waiting for thunderbolt 3 ports and native e-gpu support due to it. Because I will be going abroad for my phd, I just want to have a durable device that werks and looks fine while I can do gaymen when I'm home.
>>
>>55037484
>widespread issues are cherrypicked

Poo in the loo Rajeesh.
>>
>>55037494
>macshit
>works

Pick one.
>>
>>55037497
I don't understand how /int/ memes fit into this, or even if they did, how by what I said makes me Indian, but thank you for your time.
>>
>>55037484
I haven't had any problems with it. I let OS updates sit in queue for 1-2 weeks though out of laziness, which is also usually enough time for things like >>55037475 to get noticed or fixed.

>>55037497
>>55037507
/golfclap
nobody cares about your shitposts, gaymen ;^)
>>
>>55037494
>I'm just waiting for thunderbolt 3 ports and native e-gpu support due to it. Because I will be going abroad for my phd, I just want to have a durable device that werks and looks fine while I can do gaymen when I'm home.

http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-systems/razer-blade
>>
>>55037507
>>55037497
Hey guys quality memes, mind if I post these over to Reddit? I'll make sure to credit you for the invites I get at r/ThinkPad. thanks!
>>
>>55037521
>no fag magnet apple logo

Sold.
>>
>>55037520
I figured Apple would fix a problem that big. But how fast and responsive is it to, say, Snow Leopard?
>>
File: 1455961795628.png (156 KB, 1213x636) Image search: [Google]
1455961795628.png
156 KB, 1213x636
>>55037538
>Apple
>fix

lmao

Applel doesn't even give a shit that every single mac on the planet has a gaping backdoor.
>>
>>55037538
I didn't notice a slowdown, if that helps. I have an early 2013 MBP.
>>
>>55037549
>every single mac on the planet has a gaping backdoor.
So just like their users? :^)
>>
>>55037556
2 rupees have been deposited in your shit wiping hands Pajeet!
>>
>>55037556
That's good if it still works then. I have a 2009 MBP. It still runs great surprisingly because I haven't taken care of it. Snow Leopard is just slowly becoming obsolete, and when I upgraded OS it slowed it down hard. Time to move on, I guess.
>>
>>55037521
>no bloatware
>windows 10

kek. I need a unix system that I can actually do work with commercial products that actually looks good. OS X is the only way to go.
>>
>>55037573
>macshit
>unix
nice meme
>>
File: 1446029867411.png (132 KB, 500x334) Image search: [Google]
1446029867411.png
132 KB, 500x334
>>55037573
>osx
>not bloatware
How much overtime is apple paying you Pajeet?
>>
File: ed-miliband.jpg (6 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
ed-miliband.jpg
6 KB, 300x168
>>55037567
>>55037561
>>55037549
>>55037507
>>55037497
>>55037475
>>55037428
nice blog samefag!
>>
>>55021338
>>>/fa/cebook
>>>/r/eddit
>>>/lgbt/
>>>/hm/
>>>/out/
Not your personal blog, fuck off.
>>
>>55037579
Only certified UNIX in the consumer sector.
>>
>>55037579
It's literally unix-certified m8
>>
>>55037621
>macshit
>unix
nice meme
>>
>>55037579
>NEETs are actually ignorant this much

Fucking faggots, I can understand that you have no job to do, but why the fuck would you shitpost about something that you have literally no idea?
>>
>>55037621
>>55037627
>mactoddler
>doesn't understand the difference between unix and being posix compliant with actual unix systems

Not even surprised.
>>
>>55037632
Poo in the fucking loo Rajeesh.
>>
>>55037634
Darwin is BSD-based. It is unix-certified and posix compliant. Can you please stop shitposting?
>>
File: 1464763067181.jpg (55 KB, 670x505) Image search: [Google]
1464763067181.jpg
55 KB, 670x505
>>55037647
Your toddler OS was never UNIX and never will be. Can you please stop shitting in the street?
>>
>>55037647
>thinks bsd past 4.4 is unix
>literally a mactoddler not even born when the lawsuits happened

Not even surprised.
>>
>>55037652
Do you know what unix-certified means?

This is a serious question.
>>
>>55037664
Do you know what poo in loo means?

This is a serious question.
>>
>>55037634
I may not know the difference but The Open Group does and they say OS X is UNIX.
>>
>>55037652
Not UNIX meaning they aren't based off of AT&T's shit.
>>
>>55037664
>arguing with /g/

What the fuck are you doing in the place that is full of neets with a slight knowledge of programming that can barely help writing fizzbuzz? Stop responding.
>>
File: 1448183905842.gif (468 KB, 500x282) Image search: [Google]
1448183905842.gif
468 KB, 500x282
>>55037673
>mactoddler thinks a piece of paper magically transforms applel spaghetti code and a unix-like frankenstein abomination of a unix-like experimental bsd kernel duct taped to another experimental unix-like kernel into unix
>>
>>55037664
It means its compatible with UNIX.
>>
>>55037689
Appletards believe whatever Apple tells them to believe. Reality has no bearing over the word of "muh apel".
>>
>>55037689
Kek, you're in every thread with the same post. You're a pretty funny dude. You're very upset though, and unfortunately you're wrong.
>>
File: 1464754217341.png (138 KB, 375x375) Image search: [Google]
1464754217341.png
138 KB, 375x375
Nothing like a Mac thread to coax worthless underpaid losers into shitposting and blogging ;^}

In b4 Prajeet
>>
>>55037727
>unfortunately you're wrong
Does Tinkerbell tell you to believe in Steve before you spout that retarded shit?
>>
>>55037766
Great post my friend.
>>
>>55037773
s/tell you to/whisper/

Could have been better, meh.
>>
>2016
>macfags still clinging to meaningless posix meme
lmao

Posix is a meme.
99% of desktop runs Windows.
99% of mobile runs Linux.
99% of servers runs Linux.

Being posix compliant at this point is just having a subsystem compatible with other macs and nothing else.
>>
>>55037868
this desu senpai
>>
File: 1331068888072.jpg (8 KB, 106x126) Image search: [Google]
1331068888072.jpg
8 KB, 106x126
>>55022222
Apple IS the gimmick you dumb shit
>>
>>55036400
You need to cool down on the Linus tech tips videos, son.
>>
>>55037868
>Posix is a meme.
>90% of desktop runs Windows.
Which is POSIX compliant.
>50% of mobile runs Linux.
Which is POSIX compliant.
>99% of servers runs Linux.
And nobody cares whether they are POSIX compliant.
I notice you didn't make any ludicrous claims about Linux on the desktop; <2% and all that.
But they are POSIX compliant.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 22

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.