[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Buy a 144hz FreeSync monitor to save a few bux compared to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: tumblr_mw86vzFQa31rs9b51o1_500.png (166 KB, 500x322) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mw86vzFQa31rs9b51o1_500.png
166 KB, 500x322
>Buy a 144hz FreeSync monitor to save a few bux compared to Gsync
>mfw at the same time AMD gives up on high end and releases another shitty rebadge of the 290 for the 3rd time in a row
>mfw this monitor was a waste and Ill never have a GPU to fully take advantage of it

I guess you really do get what you pay for, /g/.
>>
>vastly reduced TDP, totally different die on a new process
>rebadge

Please stop misusing this word.
>>
>>55001565
AMD knows they can't compete when it comes to performance so they're trying to aim to the budget community, if you want to take advantage of that monitor get the next beefy card, or take an L and get a Fury/390x
>>
>>55001565
I STILL don't get what the fuck is going on with all this mess regarding the comparisons between the 480 and fucking EVERYTHING.
AMD STILL has to reveal the 480X,490,490X and FURY2 or whatever. I mean what the hell /g/entooman you are better than this
>>
>>55001635
Its the literal shills.

Normal people are gonna troll some, but either AMD is pushing this shit hard, or NVidia is really scared.
I'm betting on a little of both.
>>
>>55001565
>nvidia shill pretending to be an amd user
If you actually cared about amd, you would know 490 won't come out until fall because hbm2 is hard to make and will take time.
>>
>>55001627
>take a L
My nigga
>>
>>55001895
>fall
try 2017
>>
>>55001787
Nvidia, like Intel, has admitted to pulling punches to avoid risking a slide towards monopoly and an anti trust situation.
>>
High end probably around august September.
>>
>>55001895

>Implying the 490 will have HBM2

The die used in the RX 480 isn't a full Polaris 10 die IIRC, so they're probably just waiting to build up enough flawless bins to release the 490.

expect 8GB GDDR5x
>>
>>55001787
nvidia put out an A0 gpu, i'm going to side with nvidia being scared shitless of coming out even remotely close to vega

just as a note, silicon usually goes through about 3 revisions before finalized, A0 is literally first run no revisions.
>>
>>55001565
>rebadge 290 for the third time

Nigga u wak yo
>>
>>55001565
are you literally retarded or just a shill? vega is around the corner
>>
>>55004575
>GDDR5x

GDDR5 and GDDR5X aren't pin compatible, so having a Polaris 10 use the latter isn't a forgone conclusion.

And getting 25% more bandwidth for only 11% more (assuming full 2560 ALUs) compute might not make sense given high cost of GDDR5X.
>>
>>55001635
I think it's just going to be the 470 and 490 will be the vega
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.