[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you guys think about LMMS? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LMMS
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3
File: lmms-screenshots-stranger05.jpg (332 KB, 1716x1003) Image search: [Google]
lmms-screenshots-stranger05.jpg
332 KB, 1716x1003
What do you guys think about LMMS?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LMMS
>>
No multiple monitor support. Sorry.
>>
>>54982983
No DPI scaling support unfortunately
>>
>>54983400
lol you mean for your mouse?
on my netbook the shit rockets from 0 straight to 100 with the slightest movement
>>
Ardour blows it out of the water.
>>
Sub-par, like almost every open-source equivalent of professional tools.

Linux can't do anything right, and that's no joke.
>>
>>54983864
>linux can't do anything
like all big companies rely on linux in some way
>>
>>54983887
Big companies use Windows for almost everything, including internet-facing servers. In fact, they're growing, because study after study proves that Linux servers require more maintenance, more staff, more time to perform upgrades, are less secure, and have more overall cost.
>>
nothing. i don't pretend i'm musically talented
>>
>>54983938

HAHAHAHAHAHA. Holy fuck you're one delusional Pajeet.
>>
>>54982983
It's not fully featured to be a creation tool. Plus Linux has some legitimate drawbacks as far as music making goes.
>>54984004
DAW can be used for than just music anon.
>>
>>54982983
Ableton, Reaper and FLStudio user here.
How's linux for music production and live performance this days?
I'm thinking on setting my former PC with it.
>>
>>54982983
You need some extra tools as complement but after that it blows away the competition. I'm proud it has Linux in his name.
>>
>>54984351
>you're stupid
>that's my argument of the day and proves my point
>>
>>54983938

How much does Microshit pay you for this post?
>>
>>54985274
Shut up, you ARE a delusional pajeet.
>>
>>54982983
How the fuck does it support VSTs on linux? With Wine?
>>
>>54982983
smalltime pattern editor with plugins?
>>
>>54983938
>pajeet trying to trick server owners now, too
kek
>>
>>54983938
>Big companies use Windows for almost everything, including internet-facing servers.
Prove it.
>>
>>54985247
If you have a couple of hours to spare, just install LMMS and give it a go. It's obvious that people can use Linux and LMMS to get it done.
>>
>>54982983
Shitty FL studio ripoff
>>
>>54985345
Did you even use it?
>>
>>54983157
It took ableton FUCKING FOREVER to add dual screen as a feature
>>
>>54984374
More than music? What
>>
From my experience Ardour is feasible for recording/tracking, but all I ever really used was puredata. Puredata on a lightweight distro is god-tier.
>>
Musician and freetard here
Sadly linux sucks for audio production and lmms is an abomination. Audacity is the only decent software you can actually use. Even non-free daws like renoise and bitwig run better in wangblows. Also, no support for 80% of external gear
Keep a w7 partition only for ableton and cubase with no Internet access and debian for everything else
>>
>>54985405
>freetard
t. pajeet
>ableton and cubase
t. pleb
>>
>>54985327
Can't promise i'll do it right now, but i'll get to it when i setup my new rig.

Is there an optimal distro for it?

Setup of my old Pc:
Athlon IIx2 250
4gb ram
500gb hdd

Additional gear:
Steinberg ur22 mk II
Midi Controller
Blue Yeti Mic
>>
>>54985430
Sure kid

>>54985470
Just check if the audio interface is supported and the midi controller is class compliant. You should be fine with any *buntu since JACK is the same in all distros.

>>54985399
It just took them 10 years to implement midi support, and sadly its the closest thing to a usable gnu daw
>>
>>54985430
He's right though. Linux just isn't an option for music production yet. Hell, for years Windows wasn't even an option. They've got money on their side though. Maybe in another decade Linux will finally get something comparable.
>>
>>54983157
What do you use that small keyboard for anon?
>>
It's like a shittier FL Studio.
>>
File: absolutemadman.jpg (147 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
absolutemadman.jpg
147 KB, 480x480
>>54985605
Nice! Thanks.
>>
>>54985405
You didn't used Nyquist with Audacity by any chance?
>>
>>54985725
You can produce music on a computer without having to fiddle with a computer keyboard to input your notes.
>>
I made this in LMMS in a total of a few hours. Really easy to work with.

https://soundcloud.com/hankster112/crystal
>>
>>54985966
Nice. Add more drums.
>>
I really like lmms, it has so much promise but it has some real shortcomings in the workflow.
>>
Lmms is decent if you put in the time to learn it completely but it still has its shortcomings.

If you plan on using a professional daw in Linux then Bitwig Studio is the way to go if you don't mind spending a little money. Ardour is more mature than lmms but it just isn't as polished as Bitwig.
>>
>>54985966
Hey!
I'm >>54984374
>>54985470
>>54985851
¡Nice retro tune!
Could use more drums and a Dist Lead
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.