[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Defense lawyer Joshua Dratel urged the judge to stick to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 24
>Defense lawyer Joshua Dratel urged the judge to stick to the minimum sentence, which was 20 years.

>"20 years is greater than what's necessary," said Dratel. "If in 20 years he's released, no one will say 'That was too short.' The intent and impact are no different than any other drug case."

>Then Ross himself spoke, breaking into tears as he told the judge he was a changed man. The prosecutors had said he was driven by greed and vanity—that wasn't true, he said.

>"I'm not a greedy or vain person by nature," he said. "I wasn't raised that way. I remember clearly why I started Silk Road.

>"I wanted to empower people to be able to make choices for themselves, and have privacy and anonymity. I'm not going to say that to justify anything that happened, because it doesn't. I just want to set the record straight. I'm not a self-centered or sociopathic person. I made some very serious mistakes.

>"I do love freedom. It's been devastating to lose it. If I had one more chance before I pass on, there would be little joys, like throwing a Frisbee to a dog in a park, or Thanksgiving dinner with my family, that would mean a lot to me.

>"My nieces and nephews, I would try to share the wisdom I've gained with them. Try to help them not make the same mistakes that I made. It's in me to want to have a positive impact.

>"My attempt at Silk Road ended in ruin. If I ever get a second chance... everything I do will only have positive effects on those around me."

>Mercy wasn't forthcoming. Forrest had read all the material Ulbricht and his lawyers provided. She spent more than 100 hours considering Ulbricht's case alone. She read his arguments on "harm reduction," and went above and beyond, even rattling off a list of journal articles she'd read.

>Ulbricht had no criminal history, and submitted nearly 100 letters in support of his character were "profoundly moving," the judge said.

>None of that would matter in the end. Forrest gave him life.
>>
Yeah rip
>>
Thankfully, like a dozen people have replaced him, and the spooky dooky internet drug markets are more prolific than ever.
>>
>>54935391
just trust in the system, dudebro. what could go wrong? xD xD xD
>>
>Judge says Ulbricht’s “harm reduction” arguments are fantasies, a mark of privilege
>"There's no moral ambiguity" in what Ulbricht did, judge says.
>>
That's what happens when you do illegal shit.
>>
>>54935471
Seems like she did a ton of research and thought very hard about her decision.
>>
>>54935487
I doubt she is blameless, but I would be willing to bet that there was a huge amount of pressure from the feds to throw the book at DPR.
>>
>Make a gun
>Someone uses that gun to shoot someone
>The gun maker gets life in prison
OK
>>
>>54935524
guns aren't illegal
>>
>>54935538
Neither are flea markets.
>>
That's fucking crazy. When is America going to get sane drug laws?
>>54935524
even more accurately:
>make a gun
>someone uses that gun to shoot themselves
>the gun maker gets life in prison
>>
>>54935391
What fucked him was he paid a hitman to whack his partner out.
>>
>In 2015, Forrest presided over a jury trial in U.S.A. v. Ulbricht, where Ross William Ulbricht was accused of running the Silk Road online drug marketplace. She ruled that emoji are permissible court evidence. During the course of the trial, Forrest was doxed on 4+4chan, where her full mailing address, phone number, and Social Security number were posted on the baphomet subboard. “No drug dealer from the Bronx has ever made this argument to the court," Judge Forrest said to Ulbricht before issuing his sentence "It’s a privileged argument and it’s an argument made by one of the privileged." Forrest sentenced Ulbricht to two life terms, plus another 40 years, without the possibility of parole.
>>
>>54935524
An analogy is not an argument.
>>
>>54935586
OK
>>
>>54935524
in the US gun manufacturers were sued for firearms used in crimes until fairly recently. of course, the judges were awarding free money to killed niggers' families and nearly ran US manufacturers into bankruptcy until a law prohibiting this was passed.
>>
>>54935579
Just a dox? She deserves death
>>
>>54935578
Exactly. Say what you will about drug laws, but this guy was a scumbag. He was an incompetent Pablo Escobar, not your neighborhood weed dealer.
>>
Life in prison without parole. Damn son, not even murderers get it that bad.
>>
>>54935391
The guy lost the moral high ground the moment he tried to take out hits.
>>
>>54935578
>>54935631
The feds had insufficient evidence that this ever happened. They didn't even mention it in court.

>partner
The person he allegedly tried to kill was some guy who claimed he doxxed a ton of dealers and buyers. He was threatening to give their info to the cops and send a ton of people to prison.
>>
> black president
> female "judge"

What could go wrong?
>>
I would just kill myself if I got life without parole. Better than rotting in prison.
>>
>>54935477
Autism at its finest
>>
Fuck.
RIP DPR. another aaron schwartz i say.
>>
A federal fucking judge calling others privileged what a kangaroo court.
>>
>>54935653
I think I'd kill a few other people I don't like first :D Show what unreasonable decisions by the people in power lead to.
>>
>>54935554
Pretty sure flea markets set up for the primary purpose of dealing in illegal goods are illegal.
>>
>>54935586
analogies are implied arguments
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TY_Sx14iUY
reminds me of this other guy who got life
>>
You fags claimed another silk road would pop up but we have yet to see one.
>>
They say he was a drug dealer and let's call their argument sound for a second.
What drug dealer that never killed/raped anyone (he still awaits trial for the hitmen) got double life plus 40 exactly?
>>
>>54935820
the one who sold _____ tons of heroin, cocaine, meth, etc
>>
>>54935820
He's a hacker and dealt exclusively in bitcoin.

He's being made an example of.
>>
>>54935653
no point in killing yourself when robots will uproot society entirely before your sentence is up.
>>
After the Great Happening, he will be remembered as a hero along with Snowden, Asange and that tranny I don't remember the name.
>>
>>54935820
The one who facilitates thousands of other drug dealers
>>
>>54935653
i'd do my best to escape. i don't like the idea of killing myself. i'd rather essentially commit suicide by cop in an escape attempt with .0001% chance of success
>>
>>54935391
burn the coal, pay the toll
>>
>>54935391
>>Ulbricht had no criminal history, and submitted nearly 100 letters in support of his character were "profoundly moving," the judge said.
>wow what a great guy
>he really didn't mean any harm
>minimum 20?
>nah I'll give him life
>>
>>54935798
i could name 3 off the top of my head that are as profitable or more profitable than SR and operating today
>>
>>54935839
This. This whole thing is to scare everyone else.
>>
>>54935524
Actually it'd be more like

>Make a gun
>Sell said gun on an underground black market without complying with state and federal regulations for selling guns (background checks, etc) to buyers in countries where gun ownership is illegal
>The seller of said gun gets life in prison after said gun is used to kill 120 babies in a mass shooting.
>>
>>54935907
>were "profoundly moving," the judge said.
God what a fucking bitch.
>>
>>54935937
Judges don't actually do that, do they? Wouldn't that fall under "cruel and unusual"?
>>
Didn't he try to have people assassinated?
>>
>>54935907
>>54935948
You guys really had no idea that federal crimes and prison time had nothing to do with whether or not someone is "a nice guy"?
>>
File: 1373097096734.jpg (11 KB, 251x242) Image search: [Google]
1373097096734.jpg
11 KB, 251x242
>>54935944
DPR didn't sell drugs (save for magic mushrooms one time). You haven't a clue what you're talking about.
>>
>ITT: Defending a pussy that breaks the law, and complains that he got caught.

There are even idiots comparing him to Snowden and that leddit guy. No, fuck no, you don't get to play the "hero" card unless you fucking accept the consequences of your illegal shit. Trying to plead mitigating factors out the ass to get a lighter sentence and then bitching because the judge sees right through it (or fleeing to Russia and selling state secrets to the government,or killing oneself) just proves you're a giant pussy who doesn't believe in what they were doing.
>>
>>54935916
Name it.
>>
>>54935961
Yes.
>>
File: 1412846830760.png (304 KB, 1148x1022) Image search: [Google]
1412846830760.png
304 KB, 1148x1022
http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2015/07/corrupt-silk-road-agent-pleads-guilty/
>>
>>54935471
>destroy an online market that's safer for addicts than the street
>destroy a man's life for building said market
>"muh war on teh drugz!"

I hope this cunt judge dies in agonizing pain from terminal cancer.
>>
>>54935987
Jesus disapproves.
>>
>>54935987
>safer for addicts than the street
This is subjective, considering the fact that DPR was ordering hits on his users... and the fact that the site had a section for buying guns and ordering fucking hits I question how "safe" you think Silk Road was.

>destroy a man's life for building said market
yes that's usually how these things go. Man violates hundreds of federal laws, gets life destroyed when hes caught.
>>
>>54935987
you need a war on drugs if you live in a welfare state, which we do. otherwise half the population will be subsidizing the other half's heroin addiction. you can either be idealistic and say we should have total freedom or you can be pragmatic, don't take a halfmeasure that contradicts itself idealistically and doesn't work in the real world either
>>
>>54935974
>drug laws
>"federal crimes"

What's the prison term for members of the Federal government...LEOs, prosecutors, and judges...who blatantly disregard Amendment 10?

Can they get life with no parole? Because they should.
>>
>>54935961
He created an online marketplace that let other people hire assassins or offer their services as paid killers, then tried to use his own service to hire an assassin and got caught.
>>
>>54935391
He sold millions of dollars in drugs. He deserves everything that happened to him.

Not even memeing, not everyone accepts druggies.
>>
>>54935974
I'm 54935948
I'm simply pointing out she had an obvious bone to pick with him and wanted to set an example by being as harsh as possible.

>>54935981
No.
>>
>>54936002
>implying it's not a welfare state when the heroin addict is in prison
>>
>>54935650
>They didn't even mention it in court.
Incorrect. He was not charged for the hits, but they were mentioned at trial and factored heavily into his sentencing.
Here's a direct quote from the judge at sentencing:
>I find there is ample and unambiguous evidence that [Ulbricht] commissioned five murders to protect his commercial enterprise
https://www.wired.com/2015/05/silk-road-creator-ross-ulbricht-sentenced-life-prison/

>The person he allegedly tried to kill was some guy who claimed he doxxed a ton of dealers and buyers.
He tried to have SIX people killed.
>>
>>54935974
Yes they do. Judges have a lot of freedom with sentencing. If they think someone can be reformed, they can certainly be more lenient.
>>
File: 1371887955673.gif (3 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1371887955673.gif
3 MB, 500x281
>>54935987
Yeah anon. She should have just taken matters into her own hands and rewritten the law right there to protect a fucking drug lord. What a bitch...
>>
>>54936007
m8, whether or not you're a "nice guy" has nothing to do with breaking the law and going to prison.
>>
>>54936023
i'm not implying that. we live in a welfare state. everywhere we go, hard working people are made to pay for scum to be suffered to live. but the heroin addict (dealer in this case, which actually puts a much more direct solution to the problem) being sent to prison disincentives others to take up the habit (as i said before the dealer was sent to prison in this case. that DIRECTLY prevents drains on the system from being creates)
>>
>>54935961
Yeah, six of them.
>>
>>54936039
could have given him minimum sentence, which is already 20 years
but she needed to set an example because that's what she's paid for
>>
>>54936059
Anybody who tries to get multiple people killed, facilites the sale of hitmen, sales drugs, and founds a site that explicitly endorses these things is a monster who deserves way worse than 20 years.
>>
>>54936085
The people that he tried to get killed were trying to get a lot more people in jail for presumably long sentences. I think it's not that wrong to want to kill those that want to do you or those you care about harm.
>>
>>54936059
>tried to have multiple people assassinated using a service to hire assassins he created and administered
>minimum sentence
>>
File: Silkroad_604x423.jpg (96 KB, 604x423) Image search: [Google]
Silkroad_604x423.jpg
96 KB, 604x423
Until very recently, I always though people were logging onto the Silkroad MMO to buy drugs. It never made any sense to me.
>>
File: Sigourney Weaver.jpg (5 KB, 251x251) Image search: [Google]
Sigourney Weaver.jpg
5 KB, 251x251
>>54936112
>>
>>54935980
calm down fox news bot
>>
>>54935987

Guess everyone forgot about the whole organizing a hit thing.
>>
>>54935391
Sauce?
>>
>>54936112
Back then this game was the shit, pretty fucking sad it got crowded by sandniggers and botters.
>>
How can this woman sleep at night
>>
>>54936134
why is that file titled Sigourney Weaver ? Is it some fancy new GNU meme ? Is that some free software advocate ?
>>
File: adam hills laughing.png (104 KB, 260x260) Image search: [Google]
adam hills laughing.png
104 KB, 260x260
>>54936134
>>
>>54936142
That wasn't even part of the trial he got life for
>>
>>54936014
Paypal has transferred millions of dollars of drug money.

You'll notice that Paypal is not a drug organization.
>>
>>54936104
No, its very wrong. And anyone who thinks like that is abhorrent.
>>
>>54936222
PayPal actively pursues and shuts down criminal accounts where they can find them and work with law enforcement to stop drug dealers. That's the exact opposite of the case here, silly goose.
>>
>>54936153
Right there with ya brother
>>
>>54936246
Only recently, now that they've become a legitimate financial institution offering banking and lines of credit, being subject to much higher scrutiny and regulation.

Back in the day Paypal put up with nearly everything as long as they could claim ignorance.
>>
>>54936272
Okay bud.
>>
>>54936242
>very wrong
>abhorent
Wow way to use some precise words there slick. If you were any more minutious you'd lose me in all that detail.
>>
>>54935981
Angora?
>>
File: erl.jpg (78 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
erl.jpg
78 KB, 1024x768
>Ulbricht had been betrayed by his own words, and over the next several minutes, Forrest proceeded to read the most damning passages from his own logs and journals. ("It's still not clear to me why you kept a journal," she noted, an aside that apparently produced laughter in the overflow room.)
>>
>engage in a criminal drug trafficking enterprise
>get brutally fucked by the law

He knew the risks he was taking when he did this, no sympathy.

>inb4 mad bernie voters
>>
>>54935604

Ulbricht deserves death you junkie piece of shit.
>>
>>54936527
This is not /pol/ dipshit your just a fucking idiot that most likely just come to /g/ to ask how to be epic haxer
>>
This privileged asshole deserves 2 life sentences + 40 years. How dare he not pay off Forrest like Goldman Sacks and JP Morgan Chase did. Thank you Obama for putting the right crook in charge!
>>
>>54935981
Dude. You realize there are like hundreds right? They are literally everywhere.
>>
>>54936539
kek, get a load of the authoritarian statist

what's it like needing permission to be free?
>>
>>54936014

Some DEA agent stole hundreds of thousands from Ulbright and only got 6.5 years.:

http://www.motherjones.com/mixed-media/2015/10/silk-road-investigator-sentencing-corruption-force
>>
I hope somebody breaks him out.
>>
>>54935573
>place bear traps with dollar notes as bait in the city
>a few jews fall for them and get their arm ripped off
>>>>it's somehow the trap maker's fault
Obviously it is, and doing that is illegal.
>>
>>54936715
She let banks get away with price fixing and didn't even give them a slap on the wrist. She is more corrupt than Ulbricht will ever be.
>>
>There are cucks that actually think that the law = good
>>
File: brandon.png (240 KB, 579x488) Image search: [Google]
brandon.png
240 KB, 579x488
>life in prison
HE was a shit head but you have to be a bootlicker to not see he only got this shit because they wanted to make an example. And a lot of good that did. These sites will never disappear.
>>
>>54935471
This fucking bitch needs to be shot.
>>54935391
Dude fucked up his infosec
>>54935798
There are more than 25 dark web markets now. Ross literally started the fire.
>>
>>54936104
it's very wrong you sick dirtbag
>>
>>54936104
trueeeeeeeeeee
>>
File: Sticker_McGruff_Drugs01.png (53 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
Sticker_McGruff_Drugs01.png
53 KB, 250x250
>>54935391
HE SHOULD HAVE LISTENED
>>
>be American
>don't be a statist
>get life in prison
why is anybody surprised by this? should've moved to europe first.
>>
>>54936440
>don't have friends
>only have journal to express your feels
>normies laugh and humiliate you because of it
Fucking normies
>>
>Needing darkweb to buy drugs
How do you not know a local dealer with the hookup? I have about 5 numbers to buy weed and 1 guy for basically anything else that would be conceived as fun or party drug
>>
How didn't he get a death sentence? Wouldn't that have been totally possible?
>>
>>54938381
We're not all degenerates.
>>
>>54938392
You typically have to kill someone else to get that punishment
>>
>>54938381
because not everyone wants to deal with dealers..
>>
>>54938381
Degenerate
>>
I think these power-abusing judges will be some of the first to go when the happening happens. I will not miss them.
>>
>>54938401
Typically, yes. But isn't it still theoretically possible for other crimes, like extreme scale drug trade? And he DID try to hire a hitman.
>>
>>54938396
>>54938423
>anyone who does drugs is degenerate
Everyone who drinks alcohol on any level is an alcoholic too, right?

>>54938450
I don't believe there is any previous case where someone got the death penalty for similar crimes as you mentioned.
>>
>>54938392
New York isn't a death penalty state
>>
>>54938381
i live in an rural area and i've never even heard of anyone in the area who could get acid
>>
If you're a white male, don't do bad things. The time of "examples" being made over just black men ended, now it's white men. The fact that white men are the new whipping boy demographic is something we'll have to just deal with... By not being tuffgais.
>>
>>54935633
Kinda fucked isn't it.

No one holds a gun to your head and makes you buy drugs, when you buy drugs it's because you want drugs. And you go to jail for being anywhere on the chain because someone else said that you can't have what you want.
>>
>>54938442
>will be some of the first to go when the happening happens
Somebody has been in the basement too long.
>>
>>54938500
It happened before throughout history and it will happen again countless times as long as there are human societies.
>>
>>54938485
I live ~30 minutes outside the twin cities, but even here we can get that in small towns typically by end of the day. No comment on how 'good' or 'bad' it is I've never taken it.
>>
>>54938500
>someone has been on Reddit too long
FTFY
>>
Guy who got a DUI plead down to a reckless convict here.

Don't commit the crime if you can't do the time. You're white, you should automatically know this shit. You're not going to get leniency because you're sad now.

You literally enabled legal activity ranging from drugs to hitman services. You have what's coming to you, DPR.
>>
>>54938472
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kennedy_v._Louisiana
>Curiously, the majority opinion left open the possibility of the death penalty for "drug kingpin activity"
>>
>>54935955
Sentences are often built on what has passed, so when it's a first of a kind, they have a chance to dictate what the future punishments will be like. By giving him life, they have set the bar for all future cases, meaning they can do with people who violate laws on the internet, as they please.
watch this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-ZpsxnmmbE
>>
>>54938616
>watch this video by someone who never went to law school by me, also someone who never went to law school
/g/ paranoia at its finest
>>
>>54938699
>Hurr durr not an expert your claim is invalid.
Fuck off. Apart from that your greentext is incomprehensible.
>>
>>54938699
You're making an appeal to authority, except I don't know whether to really call it that because fucktards who go to bureaucrat school aren't really authority figures in anything except how to be worthless parasites on society while having their "authority" given to them by even more braindead government thugs.
>>
>>54938756
Holy shit, you got real mad real quick, kiddo. Summer's not even half over, save some for the final stretch.

Yeah, here in the real world, where law is practiced, expert opinions are the only opinions. You'd better try again later.
>>
>>54938759
Yeah, and your logic is only valid on the Internet. In a court room, nobody gives a fuck about pointing out fallacious logic as a matter of principle. Expert opinion or nothing.
>>
>>54938781
That still doesn't make me wrong.
Sentences are based on prior judgments. That's a fact, no matter how much shit you start throwing.
>>
>>54938814
That's true only in sub-federal criminal cases. Federal cases are a different dimension of sustained sentencing. This case is unique because he wasn't a drug kingpin, but an enabler of kingpins.

Similar cases have had harsher rulings and some have had less harsh rulings. It's up to the discretion of the judge to determine what is suitable punishment, even up to what are the limits of the Fourth Amendment.
>>
>>54935980
>fleeing to Russia and selling state secrets to the government
he got stuck in russia, he never tried to flee to russia.
he gave his already filtered information to journalists so that they can make sure that no dangerous information gets out. fuck off NSA.
>>
>None of that would matter in the end. Forrest gave him life.

Of course not.

I admire this guy's ideals and what he says he wanted to achieve. I'm not convinced that he was truly involved in that hitman shit.

But: As if the government aren't going to fuck you as hard as they possibly can.

Judges aren't independent, the courts aren't blind to bias like they say they are. The courts are not driven purely by justice, they are driven by politics as well.

The establishment realises what kind of risk is associated with this truly laissez-faire capitailsm. A true marketplace with no government interference. Where governments cannot be paid to protect monopolies from competition and disruption. A marketplace where the government cannot regulate what it's citizens buy and sell.

They fear that shit. They fear that more than any militia using the full force of their second amendment rights.

They fear that just like they fear the internet in general, but the "clear net" can be controlled through ISPs. The "dark net" cannot.

And thus they must crush any threats with the full force they can muster.
>>
>>54938759
Law is an appeal to authority, pro bono. Are you actually this stupid in real life?
>>
>>54935391
>I made some very serious mistakes

like not staying anonymous enough lol
>>
>>54936039
> fucking weeb don't even know what the fuck is a drug lord
> being so out of the touch with reality

Color me FUCKING surprised.
It's hard to understand the world from mom's basement.
>>
>>54935477

His whole speech was written by a lawyer to beg for leniency. 20 years is a bit much, but he tried to have someone killed.
>>
>>54936002
>you need a war on drugs if you live in a welfare state
what utter nonsense.
>>
>>54939060
>he tried to have someone killed.
was that ever proven?
>>
>>54939166
I hate this website, but

https://www.wired.com/2015/02/read-transcript-silk-roads-boss-ordering-5-assassinations/

Tl;dr five times attempted hits
>>
>>54936002
>you need a war on drugs if you live in a welfare state, which we do. otherwise half the population will be subsidizing the other half's heroin addiction

Could you possibly have a more uninformed opinion?

I can tell that you have absolutely no idea about what types of drugs are commonly consumed and their impact, and what proportion of the population is at risk of addiction to these drugs.

If half the population were addicted to heroin, you wouldn't just have problems providing welfare. We'd be back in the fucking dark ages.

Alcohol, tobacco and caffiene are very powerful drugs. A huge percentage of the population are dependent on these substances - "addicted" by definition. Yet the sales revenue from alcohol, tobacco and caffeine are astronomical, and if you removed them from our economies we'd be fucked.

Alcohol and tobacco in particular have a huge burden on the healthcare system, but we have decided that revenues from taxation of these substances and the value we place on living in a free and open society are greater than the value that these substances subtract from the economy by the healthcare system.

Same goes for cannabis, LSD, etc. Enforcing prohibition of these drugs costs billions, when we could be earning tax from them.

TLDR you're a huge fucking faggot and have no idea what you're talking about.

>>54939188
>Even so, the prosecution took pains to read the entire conversation to the jury because it’s intended to show them the darkest side of the Silk Road’s short history.

Yeah I bet. More like they took pains to read the entire conversation to the jury because it was planted and is the sole mechanism to convey the state's narrative.
>>
>>54938958
This guy is spot on. Governments only very rarely take action to limit its own power. The bill of rights is really the only significant legal document limiting the U.S. government's power in any meaningful way.

Courts appeal to legal precedent when interpreting laws, even when it sometimes seems ridiculous, because if they didn't the power of the government would deteriorate over time. Courts ARE the government. They are the part of the government that really has all the power. Any jackass legislator can write whatever he wants and get it signed by the president/governor, but the court gets to actually apply it and decided how much they can use it to fuck over people the government doesn't like.
>>
>>54935820
The difference is at least untaxed street drug trade sees an increase in certain markets of taxable consumption
Trading imaginary coins over foreign exchanges, you can imagine what this takes out of the system.

They threw the book at him and then some to make a point.

The world isn't simply unfair, it is greedy.
>>
>>54939361
>Trading imaginary coins
Like trading U.S. currency.
>>
>>54935391
Lel not even mexican drug lords get 40+, most get from 15 to 25.
They threw the book at him obviously cause fighting online markets is not a proffitable war on drugs like fighting regular drug lords is.
>>
>>54939381
But it's backed by the "full faith and credit of the United States of America". :^)
>>
>>54935820
But he had ten people killed, didn't you know anon? :^)
>>
>>54935651
K E K
E
L
>>
>>54938331
underrated
>>
>>54939506
More like backed by the U.S government's hired thugs.
>>
>>54936002
wew... lad
i don't even know where to start
>>
>>54935857
>uplift
Hahaha no. We are programming them to kill all humans.
>>
>>54935471
What a ugly old hag.
>>
>>54935391
now imagine if he was a woman and the judge was a man
>>
File: How to play chess.jpg (52 KB, 623x628) Image search: [Google]
How to play chess.jpg
52 KB, 623x628
>>54935579
>"It’s a privileged argument and it’s an argument made by one of the privileged."

An argument is an argument - how the fuck can it be "privileged"? What she is actually saying is she thinks Ulbricht is privileged and has attacked his argument based on this.

This is why women shouldn't be anywhere near anything of importance. They like to think they are capable but they fail almost every time.
>>
>>54935391
I always get a laugh from these threads, as people without law degrees or experience in practice talk about things they don't understand, and apply their narrow world view to them. As a former magistrate, it's less than he deserved. You yanks will cry about anything.

Not technology, it's criminal justice.
>>
>>54941451
I'm not so sure it'd be softer, if that's what you're implying. I'd certainly endeavour to give an unbiased sentence.

Most of the district judges I know, give more harsh punishments for more severe crimes. However, women tend to commit less severe crimes on average (theft being the go to), so the severity of their punishment in those instances isn't reflected in statistics. Overall, they still have lower gaol time and rehabilitation orders than men.

Rather interestingly, the crime (and punishment) stats for weak males follow similar trends to women across the board.
>>
File: CoolStoryBro.jpg (52 KB, 571x570) Image search: [Google]
CoolStoryBro.jpg
52 KB, 571x570
>>54942111
>it's criminal justice

Sure do love that criminal justice system that allows war criminals such as Bush and Blair to get away with untold death and devastation, but, fuck over the guy that made a profit from allowing others to sell drugs on a website.
>>
>>54942111
>is ought
>>
File: 1461600827397.png (761 KB, 526x904) Image search: [Google]
1461600827397.png
761 KB, 526x904
>made an example of him

Wasn't the whole point of the drug war to make an example of "those damn niggers on cocaine" and "those damn chinks on opium" back in the 1910's?

This shit has literally been going on for more than a century.
>>
>>54942111
I only read the first part of the thread, but all I saw were people discussing wether this was right at all. There's absolutely no correlation between righteousness and legality. So your high horse means nothing.
>>
>>54935999
Buying drugs on Silk Road was objectively safer than on the street. I can prove this, somewhat: you tell me a gross value for how many people you think died from those hits and we divide by the total Silk Road users. Then we compare that to how many drug deals end violently.

>Man violates hundreds of federal laws, gets life destroyed when hes caught.
Crying "illegal" is usually the last resort of someone whose argument has no value on its own, but happens to go according to the law. You're not arguing if it's right or wrong, just repeating that it's against the law, like that somehow qualifies it as wrong.
>>
>druggie
>hire hitman to kill people
>>
>>54935603
>in the US gun manufacturers were sued for firearms used in crimes until fairly recently
Only in cases where the sale of the firearm was proved to be negligent.

The manufacturers didn't' get sued, the merchant did.
>>
It's funny because that whole trial probably worsened the internet drug market usage shit because more people were probably like "oh shit that website was actually legit?" and started looking into it more. Now the markets are more prevalent than ever.
>>
>war on drugs
>spend billions
>drug use as bad as ever

it's a success story
>>
>>54943100
It is, for the weapons manufacturers that sell their stuff to Mexico and Colombia at the expense of the US tax payers thanks to the war on drugs subsidies.
Online markets don't fit into that equation.
>>
File: pastyearusealldrugs.jpg (86 KB, 988x980) Image search: [Google]
pastyearusealldrugs.jpg
86 KB, 988x980
>>54943100

Drug use is actually significantly down from its high in the 90s. More to do with lead abatement and legalized abortion reducing criminality in general than the War on Drugs™, but it's still down.
>>
File: thanks.jpg (10 KB, 250x249) Image search: [Google]
thanks.jpg
10 KB, 250x249
God speed, once again a man with an entrepreneurial spirit is punished for doing literally nothing wrong

>*tips bitcoin*
>>
>>54935523
>implying she decided even for 1%
>>
Got what's coming. Thought he was smarter than the system.
>>
>>54943812
What is it with autists and their mind wrapped around "the system"?
>>
>>54943850
System - rules of the game.
Some want to break out of the game. They fail like this guy.
>>
>>54935640
everything up untill that point it was impressive
>>
>>54938563
Exactly but most people here won't understand because they have never been arrested before.
>>
>>54935391
>I do love freedom. It's been devastating to lose it. If I had one more chance before I pass on, there would be little joys, like throwing a Frisbee to a dog in a park, or Thanksgiving dinner with my family, that would mean a lot to me.
>My nieces and nephews, I would try to share the wisdom I've gained with them. Try to help them not make the same mistakes that I made. It's in me to want to have a positive impact.
Oh dear god, that is sickening. Can you Americans do anything without it turning into a bad TV show?
>>
>>54942535
It's just more "THE CHILDREN, THINK OF THE CHILDEN" argument for keeping the street "free" of drugs.

Blame the boomers, the generation of shit eaters that ate up all the shit hand fed to them.
>>
>>54938616
This is it, they are scared of what internet brings to their shady bussiness in their cozy offices.
>>
>>54939238
Wew lad. I hope you're responding to the article writer.

I don't write pandering bullshit that my SJW editor likes. I work in finance to AVOID these kinds of topics.
>>
File: 1464469601954.jpg (187 KB, 1000x741) Image search: [Google]
1464469601954.jpg
187 KB, 1000x741
>>54935391
murika is literally a 3rd world shithole full of niggers, sjws, feminists and faggot.
just sage and hide all murikan threads pls
>>
>>54943872
you only see the ones that fail, what about the ones that get out? You never even know they exist
>>
>>54936002
A war on drugs is an even bigger waste of money and productivity than giving heroin users welfare money

Tracking these people down and throwing them in jail is fucking costly
>>
>>54938986
>Law is an appeal to authority, pro bono
See picture.
>Are you actually this stupid in real life?
Not him but you are not in a position to call someone else stupid when you use terms like that so horrendously incorrectly.
>>
>>54936171
That's moot you idiot.
>>
>>54938173
If some one was an accountant for a drug lord who cooked books then tried to hire an assassin to kill 6 individuals. Do you think they would only get 20 years?

I'm a heroin Addict btw. Good riddance silkroad.
>>
>>54938485
I too live in a rural area in butt Fuck no where. You can get acid. I promise you. You just gotta find the local rave scene first. There is one. You just don't know how to find it.
>>
File: mean.jpg (131 KB, 630x380) Image search: [Google]
mean.jpg
131 KB, 630x380
>>54944280
>See picture.
Would be helpful if I attach a picture.
>>
File: 4L_HvKEcqCa.jpg (91 KB, 892x891) Image search: [Google]
4L_HvKEcqCa.jpg
91 KB, 892x891
>>54935471
>female judge
Really makes you think
>>
>>54944281
who?
>>
>>54944342
what you're buying as acid is not acid
>>
File: 4L_LFZwa1rD.png (821 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
4L_LFZwa1rD.png
821 KB, 1024x768
>>54936134
When is moot going to officially come out as trans?
>>
>>54944447
Is that freeBSDgirl?
>>
>>54944447
>only remotely fuckable person is the guy behind the blue whale
I'm not even gay
>>
>>54939238
>If half the population were addicted to heroin, you wouldn't just have problems providing welfare. We'd be back in the fucking dark ages.
>Same goes for cannabis, LSD, etc. Enforcing prohibition of these drugs costs billions, when we could be earning tax from them.
You do realize that Silk Road allowed the sale not only of "safe" drugs, it also sold pretty much every drug under the sun, including the stuff that will genuinely destroy you (heroin, desomorphine, etc.) along with services like murder for hire and illegal items like unregistered or otherwise illegal guns?

Guy got what he deserved... The fact that there is a market for something doesn't mean that there should be one.
>>
>>54943692
Underrated post
>>
>>54944813
>You do realize that Silk Road allowed the sale not only of "safe" drugs, it also sold pretty much every drug under the sun, including the stuff that will genuinely destroy you (heroin, desomorphine, etc.)
So what? People should be free to make their own choices.

>weapons etc.
SR eventually stopped listing weapons and they shut "The armory" down.
Why would it matter anyway? DPR is an American. You can buy a gun at a flea market with no paperwork at all in many states.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1464966061919.jpg (107 KB, 700x1060) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1464966061919.jpg
107 KB, 700x1060
>>54935916
Name them please because the guy I get weed off in Coney Island sells me shit but tries to convince me otherwise.
>>
>>54944813
>including the stuff that will genuinely destroy you (heroin, desomorphine, etc.)
that'd be my problem. besides heroin doesn't do a fraction of the damage to the body alcohol does
>>
>>54945000
Google it. Seriously, there's like a billion tutorials on the clearweb telling you where to go to buy drugs. There's even a subreddit called darknetmarkets or something.
>>
>>54945002
>besides heroin doesn't do a fraction of the damage to the body alcohol does
Heroin addict I'm guessing? Because only an actual heroin addict could say something as retarded as that.

>>54944878
>So what? People should be free to make their own choices.
Even in it means ruining their own lives and the lives of other people?

Edgelords...
>>
>>54943949
we actually can't, we're in too deep
>>
>>54945053
Alchohol addicting is a serious issue that kills thousands of people every year. Far more than heroin ever did.
The physical withdrawal symptoms caused by alcohol can included seizures and even death. Heroin doesn't do that.
Not him btw. I wouldn't say that booze does more damage than heroin, but both are very deadly and addictive.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alcohol_withdrawal

>Even in it means ruining their own lives and the lives of other people?
I suppose we should reinstate alcohol prohibition then?

http://www.drugfree.org/join-together/who-report-smoking-and-drinking-cause-millions-of-deaths-worldwide/

>Almost six million people die from tobacco use and 2.5 million from harmful use of alcohol each year worldwide, the World Health Organization (WHO) reports.
>>
>>54945053
>Even in it means ruining their own lives and the lives of other people?
That's literally freedom
Either accept it, or join a fascist movement
>>
The problem DPR had is that his counsel wasted everybody's time spinning ridiculous conspiracy theories when the feds had his laptop (with his detailed crime journal) and his servers as exhibits A and B. By the time it got to sentencing, it was obvious his 'contrition' was just a fallback ploy, hilariously insincere and overwrought.

My guess is that his lawyer wanted him to take a plea deal, but DPR had that Hans Reiser mentality. He thought that just by spreading bullshit liberally he could produce reasonable doubt out of nothing.
>>
>>54945053
>Heroin addict I'm guessing? Because only an actual heroin addict could say something as retarded as that.
not really. I've never even smoked weed. you should read something besides memes. it won't cause cirrhosis or make you die in seizures if you try to quit, unlike alcohol
>Even in it means ruining their own lives
as I said it'd be their problem
>lives of other people
if they're committing a crime against someone, they should be charged with that, not for ingesting something, like literal slaves
>>
>>54944281
Literally who?
>>
>>54939238
>calling other uninformed
>believing there is such a thing as caffeine addiction

While you may develop certain habits around caffeine, like coffee in the morning, that may look like addiction to the uninformed, the substance caffeine itself does not cause dependencies or addictions, even after prolonged and excessive use.
>>
>>54945121
>Alchohol addicting is a serious issue that kills thousands of people every year. Far more than heroin ever did.
Yes, and how many people consume alcohol compared to heroin? Something which is regularly consumed by about 90% of the population is obviously going to cause more deaths than something consumed by a fraction of a percent even when it's way less harmful.

>The physical withdrawal symptoms caused by alcohol can included seizures and even death. Heroin doesn't do that.
Heroin definitely has withdrawal symptoms all addicts will suffer if they try to go cold turkey while alcohol only causes withdrawal symptoms for a small fraction of the people who use it.

>I suppose we should reinstate alcohol prohibition then?
At what point did I say that we should? The thing about heroin and other hard drugs is that with them there is no such thing as consumption in moderation. Any amount is bad for you while with alcohol the vast majority of consumers consume in moderation with few if any adverse effects.

As for smoking, you do realize that most western countries have over the last few decades introduced harsher and harsher anti-smoking laws with the eventual goal of eliminating smoking altogether? The west is working on getting rid of smoking altogether.
>>
>>54945157
Well if banning something that has serious health effects, will eventually kill you and makes you crave it so hard you'll eventually do anything to get more means facism, then heil hitler!

>>54945218
>not really. I've never even smoked weed. you should read something besides memes. it won't cause cirrhosis or make you die in seizures if you try to quit, unlike alcohol
Heroin may not cause liver cirrhosis, but it definitely has life threatening side effects. One overdose is enough to kill a person while cirrhosis usually takes years of alcoholism to take effect.

>as I said it'd be their problem
Their problem when we're talking about something which is physically addictive and extremely so?

>if they're committing a crime against someone, they should be charged with that, not for ingesting something, like literal slaves
Funny you using the term "slaves" when that's what heroin addicts are to their substance...
>>
>>54945274
>Heroin definitely has withdrawal symptoms all addicts will suffer
The key word here being "addicts." Not everyone who uses an addictive drug is addicted. I drink alcohol, but I'm not an alcoholic. If I was an alcoholic I would run the risk of going through withdrawal if I stopped drinking. It might shock you, but not every heroin user is a junkie either. Heroin is just as addictive as any opiate you'd get from your doctor. If you can go through a bottle of prescribed pills without becoming a junkie, then you can use heroin occasionally as well.

>The thing about heroin and other hard drugs is that with them there is no such thing as consumption in moderation
Sounds like you bought the DARE propaganda hook, line, and sinker.

>smoking
If the west really wanted to stop smoking for good then the various governments would do the same thing they did with heroin and cocaine. They'd ban them outright and aggressively pursue users and dealers.

>>54945261
Technically cocaine, methamphetamine, and nicotine aren't addictive either. Heavy users would probably tell you otherwise though.
>>
>>54945261
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caffeine_dependence
Try to actually be informed before calling others uninformed
>>
>>54935839
>He's being made an example of
/Thread
>>
>>54945356
> One overdose is enough to kill a person
http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/alcohol-poisoning/basics/definition/con-20029020

>Their problem when we're talking about something which is physically addictive and extremely so?
Again, alcohol. Btw it would be significantly cheaper to put money towards the treatment of addiction rather than arresting people. This is what Portugal has been doing since 2001.
>>
Holy fuck he got LWOP? I thought he got 20. That's crazy. But then again, he did try to have someone killed.
>>
>>54945368
>The key word here being "addicts." Not everyone who uses an addictive drug is addicted
I'm pretty sure you're going to have a hard time finding heroin users who aren't addicts as them claiming to be in control of their use doesn't mean that they actually are. The thing about prescription opiates is that addiction to them is a MAJOR problem in the U.S. You can't claim that because prescription opiates aren't a problem non-prescription ones aren't necessarily a problem ether when prescription opiates ARE a problem.

>Sounds like you bought the DARE propaganda hook, line, and sinker.
Nope, just spoken to medical professionals who work with current and former addicts.

>If the west really wanted to stop smoking for good then the various governments would do the same thing they did with heroin and cocaine. They'd ban them outright and aggressively pursue users and dealers.
You do understand how well prohibition worked, right? What's being done to tobacco is a much more considered approach which is actually working as smoking is at a record low in the west and going down further.
>>
>>54945428
>Btw it would be significantly cheaper to put money towards the treatment of addiction rather than arresting people. This is what Portugal has been doing since 2001.
Not him but I was wondering how long it would take before someone mentioned Portugal. They certainly seem to be doing things right, at least compared to the USA. Then again, we're not setting the bar very high in that comparison, are we?
>>
>>54943983

>muh boomers

I'm not American or an old fag and I'm tired of hearing the boomers getting blamed for everything. If I hear this shit one more time, I'll catch the first plane to the USA and start beating every millennial I can find.
>>
>>54945428
The thing about alcohol poisoning is that anyone who isn't an alcoholic will pass out WELL before they can drink themselves to the point of getting it. As for heroin overdoses, people who take them pump in the potentially deadly dose in it's entirety before the drug even takes effect.
>>
>>54945496

>It's just more "THE CHILDREN, THINK OF THE CHILDEN" argument for keeping the street "free" of drugs.
>Blame the boomers, the generation of shit eaters that ate up all the shit hand fed to them.
>>
>>54945474
>Nope, just spoken to medical professionals who work with current and former addicts.
Do they encounter the non-addicted ones?
I have a personal anecdote, but what does it matter.
>>
>>54945595
>Do they encounter the non-addicted ones?
They do encounter people who said they used to believe they were in control, but realized that they actually weren't in control and got help.

Once again, the fact that somebody claims to be in control doesn't mean that they actually are.
>>
>>54945356
>Heroin may not cause liver cirrhosis, but it definitely has life threatening side effects.
long term heroin use has actually surprisingly little harmful side effects on the body
>One overdose is enough to kill a person
just like alcohol overdose. I was actually very close to one (~0.4 BAC) and I drink only on weekends. I had to stay very focused just to keep breathing.
>while cirrhosis usually takes years of alcoholism to take effect.
not necessarily true with heavy use and alcohol is much harder to quit
>Funny you using the term "slaves" when that's what heroin addicts are to their substance...
they knew the risks and no one forced them to use it at gunpoint. freedom over one's body, even to destroy it, has nothing to do with slavery and the opposite is it's very definition.
>>
>>54945630
>Once again, the fact that somebody claims to be in control doesn't mean that they actually are.
Sure, and word from the ivory tower can only be the truth.
So, give me definition of 'being in control' of opiate/opioid/any-alkaloid-coming-from-poppy use.
>>
>>54945392
>True compulsive use of caffeine has not been documented.
>>
>>54945638
>long term heroin use has actually surprisingly little harmful side effects on the body
Not according to people who treat heroin addicts

>just like alcohol overdose. I was actually very close to one (~0.4 BAC) and I drink only on weekends. I had to stay very focused just to keep breathing.
The fact that you only drink on weekends doesn't mean you're not an alcoholic. Most alcoholics only drink on weekends and are capable of having regular jobs.

>not necessarily true with heavy use and alcohol is much harder to quit
Alcohol is nowhere near as hard to quit as something as addictive as heroin. Try asking any ex heroin addict. Quickly forming liver cirrhosis requires you to consume alcohol at such a rate that you can't have a normal job and only a very small part of alcoholics drink enough to not be able to have a normal job.

>they knew the risks and no one forced them to use it at gunpoint. freedom over one's body, even to destroy it, has nothing to do with slavery and the opposite is it's very definition.
Ever heard of peer pressure or people just being open to try something new even when it's bad for you? A single hit of heroin is enough to get people addicted while alcohol addition is much slower to form.
>>
>>54945729

>>54945261
>the substance caffeine itself does not cause dependencies
>Studies have demonstrated that people who take in a minimum of 100 mg of caffeine per day (about the amount in one cup of coffee) can acquire a physical dependence that would trigger withdrawal symptoms that include headaches, muscle pain and stiffness, lethargy, nausea, vomiting, depressed mood, and marked irritability.
>>
>>54945699
In control would be that you can go cold turkey with no side effects or cravings for the rest of their lives. Addicts may claim that they can do this, but most people who try this often end up going back while making some form of rationalization that they are in fact in control.
>>
>>54945768
Holy damn, so you cannot use any substance repeatedly or you are an addict.

I've been administered opiates for about six times, after surgeries. I quess that means i'am an addict.
>>
>>54945745
Yes, and? What do you think
>True compulsive use of caffeine has not been documented.
>Caffeine addiction, or a pathological and compulsive form of use, has not been documented in humans.
means?
>>
>>54945805
>Holy damn, so you cannot use any substance repeatedly or you are an addict.
Nice reading comprehension there... I never said that you can't use a substance more than once, just that if you can go completely cold turkey for the rest of your life with no side effects.
>>
>>54945854
*side effects or cravings.
>>
>>54945830
>studies have demonstrated that caffeine causes dependencies
>caffeine does not cause dependencies
>studies have demonstrated that caffeine causes dependencies
Are you literally retarded?
>>
The great thing about drug legalization is that once the FDA gets involved, making ridiculous claims about how safe they are will finally be illegal.
>>
>>54945854
How do you know that if you use the said substance repeatedly? You don't realize how stupid (or rather impossible) argument or requirement that is, even the side effects part?
Since addiction doesnt require substance that causes physical addiction, you're an addict, if you grave for some delicious cousine which you longer can have.
>>
>>54945865
I don't get it, are you not reading what it says? There is no evidence of any such thing as "addiction". Is English not your first or second language?
>>
>>54945939
>doesn't understand the differences between addiction, dependency and compulsive use
ahh, so you are retarded... sorry to bother you
>>
>>54945699

>>54945630
>Nope, just spoken to medical professionals who work with current and former addicts.
So no people who actually aren't addicted. Imagine what you'd think about alcohol if you only met those who are alcoholics.

Also have you considered that addicts will do the opposite, claim they have no control in order to slip away from responsibility and hide their weakness etc?

>>54945768
No, in control would just mean being able to stop if they wanted to. Of course there'd be side effects as with anything.

>>54945854
>>54945863
That's retarded. By your definition I'm addicted to lemonade since I'd crave it if I never had it again. You'd also be addicted to just about every medication ever since if you quit you'd have side effects.
>>
>>54945734
>Alcohol is nowhere near as hard to quit as something as addictive as heroin.

>Try asking any ex heroin addict.
Oh I guess that's me.

You're right it isn't anywhere near. Alcohol is way harder to quit than heroin. For one quitting alcohol can kill you. Quitting opiates may make you think you're dying but it's just pain. You can also go to the grocery store without being in a building with a heroin aisle. I know alcoholics that pay other people to do their grocery shopping because of how many times they've relapsed walking by the alcohol while shopping.

I spent 8 months in a rehab with 80 patients at any given time. I probably got to know 400 addicts. People with alcohol problems were way more common than heroin problems.

>Ever heard of peer pressure or people just being open to try something new even when it's bad for you?

You've never actually been involved in hard drugs have you? People don't go around with syringes full of heroin saying come on bro you'll like it. Do it or you're a pussy etc. Addicts generally work their asses off to support their habit. They're not going to share if they don't have to.

>A single hit of heroin is enough to get people addicted while alcohol addition is much slower to form.

That's just not true. To form a dependence on alcohol or heroin requires time. As long as I didn't use for more than 3 days a month I didn't become addicted. It was when I bought enough to last 2 weeks that I became addicted. The experience was bad enough that I was able to use opiates in 3 day binges once a month for 5 years after that.
>>
>>54935877
This
Better to make a hopeless attempt at escape than take the easy way out
>>
>>54945734
>Not according to people who treat heroin addicts
try getting knowledge from scientific studies instead of anecdotes. they aren't much worse than constipation
>Alcohol is nowhere near as hard to quit as something as addictive as heroin
it's much more addictive. unlike heroin, alcohol withdrawal symptoms can kill you.
>Quickly forming liver cirrhosis requires you to consume alcohol at such a rate that you can't have a normal job
so?
>only a very small part of alcoholics drink enough to not be able to have a normal job.
because alcohol is legal and it's a socially required to drink. very few people drink alcohol to get really fucked all the time, while that kind of people are the only ones who take the risk of getting illegal and ostracized heroin
>A single hit of heroin is enough to get people addicted
no, it's not. addiction occurs when you get physical withdrawal symptoms. the rest is pop psychology. should we treat people who can't stop eating snocones as junkies and delegalize all the sweets?
>>
>>54945937
>How do you know that if you use the said substance repeatedly?
By not taking the drug after surgery or insisting on non-opiate based painkillers?

>You don't realize how stupid (or rather impossible) argument or requirement that is, even the side effects part?
How is it retarded to avoid using a particular type of substance when there are other types of substance with the same effect?

>Since addiction doesnt require substance that causes physical addiction, you're an addict, if you grave for some delicious cousine which you longer can have.
We're talking about physically addictive substances here, not psychologically addictive stuff. Literally everyone can form additions to physically addictive substances while the same doesn't apply for psychologically addictive things, which also includes activities with no substance ingestion.
>>
>>54945997
>You've never actually been involved in hard drugs have you? People don't go around with syringes full of heroin saying come on bro you'll like it. Do it or you're a pussy etc. Addicts generally work their asses off to support their habit. They're not going to share if they don't have to.

This is the case I made against my relative that was scaring everyone at Thanksgiving about "pill parties" she had seen on Oprah or some shit. The premise was that kids raid their families medicine cabinets for all sorts of pills, go to a party together and throw them into a big bowl, mix them up and down a handful. I told her it was ludicrous to think that some kid with access to vicodin and opiates would be willing to ga halfsies with the kid that brought aspirin and tylenol...kids aren't that fucking dumb.
>>
>17 hours later and people on /g/ are still defending a wannabe Pablo Escobar millionaire stupid enough to make a site to hire assassins for money and buy drugs from heroin to cyanide
>and tried to defend it as being about empowerment and reducing harm
>then tried to hire assassins on his own site to kill people
>six fucking times
lol, honestly.
>>
>>54935391
>make fucking drug selling site that profits on making people more retarded
>>If I had a second chance I'd make sure everything I do will only have positive effects on those around me ;*****(((( like share and subscribe xoxo
>>
>>54946073
then why not charge him for that instead of repurposing some trumped up mafia laws?
>>
>>54938472
If you have 1-2 alcoholic drinks a week or so, it's hardly going to fuck you up the way the vast majority of drugs do
>>
>all these faggot lolbertarians justifying degeneracy
That faggot got what he deserved. He should have gotten the maximum sentence.
>>
>>54946092
The assassinations were a key part of his sentencing and were mentioned in it multiple times. They were bad enough to warrant being addressed in their own trial. Running a site to do that is bad enough, but then using it yourself is a separate crime, and an even more stupid one.
>>
>>54946101
what if you smoke a joint or two a week?

what if you take a valium or two a week?

what if you do a line or two of coke a week?
>>
>>54946040
>By not taking the drug after surgery or insisting on non-opiate based painkillers?
That'd be really painful.

>How is it retarded to avoid using a particular type of substance when there are other types of substance with the same effect?
Do you think they'd hand out opiates if they had an alternative that's non addictive that worked just as well? wtf.

>We're talking about physically addictive substances here, not psychologically addictive stuff. Literally everyone can form additions to physically addictive substances while the same doesn't apply for psychologically addictive things, which also includes activities with no substance ingestion.

Okay so why do you insist on saying someone is addicted if they only exhibit the "psychologically addicted" effects only?
>>
Good.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 24

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.