[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else using Blender running into this problem? I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: blend prob.png (285 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
blend prob.png
285 KB, 1920x1080
Anyone else using Blender running into this problem? I'm using a torus-like mesh to cut holes in a board using boolean modifiers, but randomly I'll run into a few spaces where the holes fuck up like this. Googling hasn't been much help since I can't isolate what's causing it to happen occasionally. It's so frustrating to get to the last few holes only to have the board fuck up and make the whole mesh useless.

Just wondering if any other Blender users are running into similar problems cutting holes into things
>>
>>54917318
>>/3/
>>
/3/ ->
>>
>>54917318
Try ctrl+j or union boolean on the whole set of cutting "tools" and cut all at the same time. Blender sometimes creates edges between vertices that do not belong together after you add a boolean to the object, and shits itself if you try to cut into that later, so cutting all at once helps a lot. Also, you can try to recalculate the normals on the object that you are trying to cut, sometimes it flips over some faces(dunno why).
>>
>>54917318
Also you can try cycling through all booleans until you get the desired result, and if neither 3 of them give it to you, flip the direction of the normals and try again(on the cutting object and the one being cut). This is bruteforce but actually has saved me multiple times when working complex shapes for 3d printing. This works because of set theory, if blender understands that you object is flipped inside out then the operations become messy.
PS: if all this fails, you can heal the mesh by hand, which is time consuming and frustrating but works.
>>
>>54918212
>>54918388
>>>/3/
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.