[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>muh CommonSense A lot of people are hacked now because of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 5
>muh CommonSense

A lot of people are hacked now because of the TeamViewer breach. Guess what antivirus they're using?
>>
>>54906337
People with common sense don't need TeamViewer
>>
>>54906337
>implying autologin or important web-sites like bank/paypal/etc has anything to do with common sense
>>
File: 1429007477001.png (37 KB, 131x125) Image search: [Google]
1429007477001.png
37 KB, 131x125
>>54906337
>PajeetViewer
>saved logins
>2FA with accounts saved on your device
>Common sense
Nice meme, friend
>>
>>54906337
>not just using rdp
>>
>>54906337
Installing a literal backdoor on your PC is forbidden by every edition of Common Sense.
>>
File: :^).jpg (4 KB, 125x125) Image search: [Google]
:^).jpg
4 KB, 125x125
>implying people with Common Sense have TeamViewer on their systems
Common Sense automatically prevents installation of Radmin, TeamViewer and stuff like that on your machine.
>>
>>54906337
Considering TeamViewer would be a literal backdoor, would antivirus software have done anything to prevent this?
>>
CommonSense filters the TeamViewer installer you fucking Pajeet.
>>
>>54907802
>using the smiley with a carat nose
>>
>>54909771
>Considering TeamViewer would be a literal backdoor
>No antivirus in the market act like if it was
>>
>Teamviewer
>Being compatible with any version of CommonSense
>>
>not running purely free software
That is paramount with common sense. I'm sorry OP, I thought you GNU.
>>
>>54906365
This.
>>
>>54906337
Antivirus programs don't help against exploits.
>>
>>54906337
>antivirus can prevent programs that are white listed to have remote control permissions
bait/10
>>
>>54911701
It's spelled "carrot" you fucking idiot
>>
ITT: things no one said until June 2016
>>
>>54906337
Common sense user here, Never used teamviewer is it some kind of remote desktop? Windows had that built in since vista and linux since god knows when.
>>
>>54906337
And guess what OS they were using also?
>>
>>54914911
For linux, any system with ssh and X come with a built mediocre remote viewer than can be activated pretty easily, since that's what X is, you just have to enable remote use.

The current version, X11, has been out since 1987, so since then at least.

One hugepro for X though, is that rather than just viewing a remote desktop, the applications launch in the clients desktop.
I think some modern remote desktop software does that too, but most of the shitty solutions I've seen just stream the desktop and give you mouse control, which means you can only have one person using it at a time.
Not sure which way team viewer does it.
>>
>>54906365
>People with common sense don't use Windows.
Fixed.
>>
>>54914997
Those built in systems suck balls. TeamViewer is way superior.
>>
>>54916070
>teamviewer
>good
enjoy your emptied bank accounts.
>>
>>54916112
>CommonSense
>using banks over the web
>>
>>54916204
>2016
>banking like a pleb with his virus riddled computer
>>
>antivirus
>hacker protection
GOLDEN
>>
>using anything
>remote
>wireless
>cloud based

Its like you wanna be cucked.
>>
>>54914997
TeamViewer allows use of the console, not a remote session though. (unless you put it on an RDP server...). You could wait till everyone went home for the day then goof on their PC. It'd be the same as sitting there.

This news is sad because TeamViewer was one of the best solutions for assisting users globally.
>>
>>54916070
Just checked, Teamviewer doesn't support seamless windows, it's even worse than X over SSH.
>>
> Use teamviewer
> File sharing and VPN are disabled
> Screen locks after 5 minutes inactivity

I hope whoever logs in has a giggle because once they open teamviewer, all they get is a login screen and they presumably wouldn't know my account password since it is different from the TV one.
>>
Victim here. Update since last thread.
>>
>>54914836
Things that people with CommonSenseAnyYear don't need to hear.
>>
I use RDP because I'm not a muhcloud retard. Cloud retards don't use CS Antivirus.
>>
All of them, since it went right past antivirus software.
>>
>>54906337
just use Skype (TM) and you will be fine
>>
I'm using teamviewer since i need to connect to work computer that is running Windows Server 2003.
I can't use rdp since username on the work PC is administrator (yeah, I know whoever set up this is a retard), and when I log-in using rdp it creates another session for the user administrator, so I can't interact with already running programs. Also, lack of shared screen is a bummer.
>>
>>54906337
Not a single antivirus software would have picked up and stopped what happened.
Basically, they lacked Common Sense.
>>
>Windows
Found the problem. Jesus fuck, when will you all learn?
>>
Doesnt Windows have a built in remote desktop application?
>>
>>54921003
>the payment came from your computer and was authorized thus you get nothing
RIP. Let this be a lesson for you. Always require logins to make payments.
>>
>>54921357
Another lesson would be to not install backdoors on your computers, regardless of how convenient they make things.
>>
>>54921354
Yes, but using it involves pumping holes through firewalls.

Teamviewer gets you around that.
>>
>>54921354
Yep, but retards like TeamViewer because of muh cloud and that they're too retarded to forward ports.
>>
>>54921423

Sadly my grandad don't know how to do that, so I'm stuck with Teamviewer.
>>
File: 1234423457650.png (52 KB, 685x517) Image search: [Google]
1234423457650.png
52 KB, 685x517
>>54921423

>tfw your parents are retarded and you stuck with helping them until they died.
>>
>>54921475
>>54921491
Pretty sure Remote Assistance doesn't require this, and these use cases are exactly what it is for.
>>
>>54907781
/thread
>>
>>54907802
I uninstalled it after every single time I used it and god, I'm glad I did.
>>
>>54921566
Why you've installed it in the first place? You don't have to install it in order to use you know?
>>
>>54906337

signature based av wouldn't have stopped it
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.