[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /g/. Over the last few centuries, I've seen a lot of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: Windows_7.png (130 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
Windows_7.png
130 KB, 480x360
Hey /g/. Over the last few centuries, I've seen a lot of people around that completely dislike 10, have gone back to 7 or are trying their darndest to avoid upgrading. Of course the main arguments are the lack of privacy on Windows 10, the UI being inconsistent, stability issues (with some crashes here and there) and updates being forced.

But then there's the performance side of things, on which it's not too clear. Some people say Windows 10 is faster, snappier, whatever the word. Some say that Windows 7 is the faster one. What's going on with this? Could some of it be attributed to the placebo effect?
>>
I mean, I'll be honest here. I haven't used 7 in a long time and I seem to have alzheimer at times, so I can't really remember it being better or worse in terms of performance. Yet when I ask around some people really complain about 10 being slower.
>>
An os is made for managing your hardware, arranging and accessing files and calling/managing/running software. The rest they "innovate" is utter bullshit and is created to keep their economy running.

Stick to the os that does just that and nothing else.

/W10 bs
>>
In comparison to 7, 10 has been nothing but a big, buggy, slow mess for me.
>>
>>54891168
Now is the time when I have the luxury to pick and choose, since I no longer have a lot of dependence on certain software. I agree though that I wouldn't care if my OS was 30 years old if it was capable of doing work just the way it was supposed to.

For instance, I remember that not long ago my old man still kept a PC around without an internet connection, with Windows XP and some really specific software that was having some trouble with 7 (which we later found out could be solved anyways). He arranged it in such a way that 8 years later he would refuse to change that, no matter how faster shit was if upgraded. Somehow he found a sweet spot.

I'm a bit against Microsoft for forcing people to upgrade to 10 who just don't want -anything- changed. New technology might not be needed for specific tasks.
>>
>>54890982
For me 7 is faster simply because 10 for some retarded pajeet reason makes my 850 EVO go to 100% usage at random times.

Also W10 UI is literally shit, even worse than W7 aero.
>>
I noticed very little performance difference with W10. Besides, if I really cared about performance I wouldn't use Windows in the first place. (Which is exactly why I gave up on W10 in the end.)
>>
Only insecure white male cucks hate on Windows 10 because of their fear and hatred of the so called "Pajeets" stealing their jobs and their women.

Get over it you limp-dicked white boys. WIndows 10 is great and white women love exotic men of color rather than spineless white losers - go play in your basement safe space with the other tonfoil hat linux virgins.
>>
>>54892689
Woah, careful with the projecting
>>
>>54892689
PAJEET MY SON
>>
>>54892689
Well you make a good point about literally everyone I know or see online with images talking about Windows 10 being a white guy.
>>
>>54892651
I'm not sure about usage, but either I got too used to it or sometimes I feel that I'm running this system on a hard drive instead of an SSD, I swear to god.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.