[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
User Agent JS Fixer to Definitely Hide your Browser ID
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: secret-mask-22355858.jpg (57 KB, 300x450) Image search: [Google]
secret-mask-22355858.jpg
57 KB, 300x450
Your User Agent (UA) switcher add-on does not change the details that can be probed by JavaScript. Originating from the web model of Progressive Enhancement, JavaScript can be used for things such as to probe a browser to detect its capabilities and identification.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/user-agent-js-fixer/
I use this add-on to complement the functionality of any other UA add-on. There are also other add-ons that can be used to change the UA on a per site basis. It seems that this add-on only changes the browser ID code, so be aware of that if you want to change operating system or others, as well.
>>
>>54889595
list of browser ID user agents
www.zytrax.com/tech/web/browser_ids.htm
>>
Why would you want to spoof other browsers?

Are you doing something illegal?
>>
>>54889947
I'm spoofing it now because I'm using Firefox instead of the default IE on a school computer. I'd rather not stand out.

Also, it is useful for websites that will use JavaScript anyway to identify your browser. It's useful if you want to force a website to let you use the browser you want (some will say your browser is incompatible) or use a different version of the site.
>>
>>54890021
Not only this but some adware sites may use exploits according to browser/os version. So additional security.
>>
>>54890753
how would you know which sites and browsers may be vulnerable
what you up to
>>
>>54891900
Fun fact: Some prices change and are cheaper if the website (in this case amazon) thinks you use iPhone or other stuff.
>>
>>54889595
doesnt umatrix also spoof user agents?
>>
what is your guys main user agent? Mine switches every refresh but my main one when I have my switcher off is

Fuckoff/5.0 (GoFuckYourself; rv:9001.0) Gecko/20100101 fuk/9001.0

version 9001 is pretty steady
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.